PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ENTRY PROCEDURES FOR SATURDAY’S MATCH

RSS Bot
09-12-2016, 12:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7054)

Diclonius
09-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Can't wait for the match on Saturday’. :aok:

matty_f
09-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Can't wait for the match on Saturday’. :aok:

Personally I'm getting fed up of those ridiculous kick off days.

Billy Whizz
10-12-2016, 05:54 PM
They were put in force today checking the East Stand, even our CEO was there. 1st ever I've been asked to show my card pre match

linlithgowhibbie
10-12-2016, 06:00 PM
Absolutely loads of stewards at the East today, saw them turning away several persons!:thumbsup:

Famous Fiver
10-12-2016, 06:13 PM
Crazy.

They were checking the tickets, not the people holding them!!! Guy never even looked up as I showed him my ticket, seemed happy that the ticket was for the right gate and never lifted his head.

Bizarre.

dp00
10-12-2016, 06:57 PM
The club obviously feel that we are getting fleeced somewhere and are putting steps in place to sort it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.Sean.
10-12-2016, 08:40 PM
See when I'm on-call and canny make the football, today for instance, I take it there's no danger my mum ever being refused entry using my season ticket? It's an adult in the East and the last thing on wanting us her turned away at the turnstiles because of it?

I cant see why it would matter but thought I'd ask.

hibee_girl
10-12-2016, 08:43 PM
See when I'm on-call and canny make the football, today for instance, I take it there's no danger my mum ever being refused entry using my season ticket? It's an adult in the East and the last thing on wanting us her turned away at the turnstiles because of it?

It shouldn't matter, they're only looking to see if it's an adult ticket or a concession, doubt they even look at the name

birdspotter
10-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Not sure if 100% correct or not but on entering the East Stand today and seeing all the checks on tickets (I was asked 3 times to show my season ticket) I asked one of the stewards what it was all about. He informed me that there were a lot of forgeries going round. Not sure if he meant the paper tickets or the plastic season ticket cards!

Marco G
10-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Not sure if 100% correct or not but on entering the East Stand today and seeing all the checks on tickets (I was asked 3 times to show my season ticket) I asked one of the stewards what it was all about. He informed me that there were a lot of forgeries going round. Not sure if he meant the paper tickets or the plastic season ticket cards!
If its forged you dont get that far! The bar codes do work. Sounds like a lot of bs to me. The checks are just to make sure that your 40 year old guy has not bought a pensioners ticket imo.

birdspotter
10-12-2016, 09:39 PM
If its forged you dont get that far! The bar codes do work. Sounds like a lot of bs to me. The checks are just to make sure that your 40 year old guy has not bought a pensioners ticket imo.

Maybe, but the fact that Leanne Dempster was present says it's something more sinister than some 40+ yr old bloke trying to pass off as an octogenarian

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Maybe, but the fact that Leanne Dempster was present says it's something more sinister than some bloke trying to pass off as an octogenarian

Is she a ticket fraud expert?

Andy74

There's every chance. They seemed to be checking you were who it said on the ticket.

calumhibee1
I'd find it hard to believe anyone was forging Hibs tickets.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2016, 09:55 PM

I personally don't see any issue with doing that but technically you're not allowed to transfer your season ticket to anyone else.

It's unlikely your mum would ever be challenged but I wouldn't say there was "no danger" of it. They were checking people's tickets today in a way that I hadn't seen before.

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2016, 10:05 PM
I hope it was to catch the chancers that aren't really students/kids/oaps.

I was checked a couple of times going through the adult gate - presumably it was a lot more stringent at the concession gate?

birdspotter
10-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Is she a ticket fraud expert?

I am sure she is not, however something was afoot and as the Chief Executive she was clearly overseeing the goings on!

TAHibby
10-12-2016, 10:19 PM
Saw a guy wrestling with a steward at an adult turnstile when he'd already scanned it and was trying to get through, weird. Thought concessions are only at the turnstiles before the end so no idea what that was about

seanshow
11-12-2016, 08:34 AM
In relation to the entry procedure stopping use of concession tickets fraudulently, I have about 10 or so empty seats in the vicinity of where I sit, and the users pretty much stopped attending months ago when Hibs announced more stringent checks on tickets.
There is the chance all those people are genuine ticket holders and have other commitments every Saturday, but I suspect not. If it is the case, then excellent the system works.
(These are prime seats in the stadium btw, and not tucked away in the corner or something).

Anybody else noticed similar situation?

lucky
11-12-2016, 08:40 AM
Guy behind me going in was stopped as he had a child ticket. Clearly there is a problem with people cheating the club. I suspect Hibs are no different to other clubs that use electronic entry

hibsquaker
11-12-2016, 08:44 AM
Guy in front of us had a student season ticket and was asked for a student card. He handed him another card. The steward stared at it for an age. Then let him go in. My boy said it was a Nando's card!!!!

Keith_M
11-12-2016, 08:46 AM
In relation to the entry procedure stopping use of concession tickets fraudulently, I have about 10 or so empty seats in the vicinity of where I sit, and the users pretty much stopped attending months ago when Hibs announced more stringent checks on tickets.
There is the chance all those people are genuine ticket holders and have other commitments every Saturday, but I suspect not. If it is the case, then excellent the system works.
(These are prime seats in the stadium btw, and not tucked away in the corner or something).

Anybody else noticed similar situation?

Do you sit in section 50, by any chance?

Officially it's almost completely sold out with STs, but my Dad said there's been a surprisingly large number of empty seats in the last few games.