PDA

View Full Version : Marciano

The Sundance Kid
08-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Just watched Lennon's pre-match interview on Hibs TV and he was saying that Marciano is due in for surgery on Monday (I assume on the knee injury he picked up on international duty?) and faces 2 to 3 weeks on the sidelines.

Having zero luck on the injury front at the moment it seems

monktonharp
08-12-2016, 10:18 PM
just what we dinnae need!. big guy has been very competent, and dispite his height he seems to get down very well to any low balls into our goal area. gutted

Ronniekirk
08-12-2016, 10:24 PM
just what we dinnae need!. big guy has been very competent, and dispite his height he seems to get down very well to any low balls into our goal area. gutted

It never rains but it pours (greenock ) Agree this is the wprst time to be picking up all these injuries gives united another wee lift But nothing we can do except hope Lennon can still put out a team to grind out results till we bring in transfer targets and gradually get injured players fit

NikGunnarsson
08-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Really bad news, he was just coming into his game and has put in some great assured performances over the past few weeks. This injury may be overlooked but this is as big as McGinn, Fyvie.

greenlex
08-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Laidlaws more than capable.

Sir David Gray
08-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Nightmare.

Marciano, Fyvie, McGinn and Keatings would walk into the first team of every other club in this league so to have them all out at the same time is a real blow.

HibsNutter
08-12-2016, 10:47 PM
****s sake. Thankfully it's three games in which we should be able to cope.

monktonharp
08-12-2016, 10:58 PM
****s sake. Thankfully it's three games in which we should be able to cope.understand your thoughts, thankfully 3 games and all that but if we go back over the years.....plenty of players almost ready after short term injuries etc then Managers saying too early, don't want to rush him etc etc. definitely not what we need. the usual f/kin sair ones at this time of year for Hibernian fc. :brickwall

Hibee Mac
08-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Every flippin' year!

hibeeleicester
09-12-2016, 12:34 AM
Am I being daft, what's happened to Otso?

pedroorange1875
09-12-2016, 12:45 AM
Am I being daft, what's happened to Otso?

He is pish

Steve20
09-12-2016, 12:48 AM
He is pish

He's no worse than Laidlaw. Losing our first choice keeper is a sore one, especially as we're already struggling with injuries and our next three games after this one all have potential dropped points in them.

pedroorange1875
09-12-2016, 12:55 AM
He's no worse than Laidlaw. Losing our first choice keeper is a sore one, especially as we're already struggling with injuries and our next three games after this one all have potential dropped points in them.

Disagree, he is worse than Laidlaw, but understand its your opinion

supermcginn
09-12-2016, 05:22 AM

Judging on the brondby games each of them played id say laidlaw is far superior, otso wont be seen again in the first team!

Pretty Boy
09-12-2016, 06:00 AM
Better getting this sorted now than waiting until the real business end of the season. The amount of strapping on Marcianos leg at Tannadice was ridiculous and you could see he wasn't properly striking through the ball when kicking, it was almost like he was chipping it to half way.

As others have said we have a competent replacement waiting to come in so whilst it's not ideal, it's not a disaster imo.

Northernhibee
09-12-2016, 06:28 AM
He is pish

The coaches rate him highly, just feel he needs some more time before regular first game action.

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2016, 06:54 AM
Surely he should have been straight in after the Dundee Utd game, knowing we had a home game the following week at home against Dumbarton?

Laidlaw is good enough, but i personally think we've missed a week where we have a home game against a team we should beat easily with me in goal. :confused:

JimBHibees
09-12-2016, 06:59 AM
Laidlaws more than capable.

Agree totally very calm and solid goalie.

lucky
09-12-2016, 01:09 PM
I like Laidlaw he's the best out of the 3 of them but it's all about opinions

Stevie Reid
09-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Not too worried by this. Our goalkeepers aren't kept busy - even away from home against our main title rivals last week, Marciano only had to face a few shots from distance. I'd be curious to know how many touches of the ball he has actually had in games that he's played.

Laidlaw was excellent against Brondby, suspect v QOS in the cup, and steady in other games he has played. No problems with him.

JDHibs
09-12-2016, 01:58 PM
Not worried by this.

Laidlaw played in the first 3 games of the season and we won them all with him making good saves on the way. We are now better defensively since then.

Alex Trager
09-12-2016, 02:30 PM
Not worried by this.

Laidlaw played in the first 3 games of the season and we won them all with him making good saves on the way. We are now better defensively since then.

You could argue that is down to Rocky?
:dunno:

blaikie
09-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Bring back Conrad

JDHibs
09-12-2016, 03:28 PM
We are better defensively, how many saves on average has Marciano had to make compared to Laidlaw average over the first 3 games?

Marciano is a by stander in most of our games.

Bishop Hibee
09-12-2016, 04:11 PM
No luck with injuries at present. Rocky was settling in well but Laidlaw is a decent stand-in.

Colr
09-12-2016, 06:55 PM
Just watched Lennon's pre-match interview on Hibs TV and he was saying that Marciano is due in for surgery on Monday (I assume on the knee injury he picked up on international duty?) and faces 2 to 3 weeks on the sidelines.

Having zero luck on the injury front at the moment it seems

Bummer but we have a pretty decent stand in.

RoxburghHibs
09-12-2016, 07:18 PM
So I assume he can play tomorrow?

Dashing Bob S
09-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Rocky will be missed.

Pretty Boy
09-12-2016, 09:44 PM
So I assume he can play tomorrow?

Laidlaw will play tomorrow.

darwenhibby
10-12-2016, 11:14 AM
Surely he should have been straight in after the Dundee Utd game, knowing we had a home game the following week at home against Dumbarton?

Laidlaw is good enough, but i personally think we've missed a week where we have a home game against a team we should beat easily with me in goal. :confused:
I don't think we'd ever lose a game with you in goal
G😉🇳🇬

The Leith Dutch
10-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Really bad news, he was just coming into his game and has put in some great assured performances over the past few weeks. This injury may be overlooked but this is as big as McGinn, Fyvie.

It's far from ideal but would disagree with the bit in bold.

I don't think we have problems at the moment defensively so the keeper will be much less of a factor in the majority of our games.
I think the back up options are decent enought that we should weather the storm.

McGinn and Fyvie are pretty crucial parts of us running the midfield which helps us generate chances.
Given our poor conversion rate I'd be majorly concerned that their absence is likely to cost us points.

Hopefully we're both worrying unecessarily and the relevant back up players step up to the plate :)