PDA

View Full Version : The world famous Hibernian support

O'Rourke3
07-12-2016, 05:36 PM
We are in this :flag::flag:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/copa90/2016/dec/07/dale-cavese-football-chant-youtube-internet-world?CMP=fb_a-football_b-gdnfootball

Carheenlea
07-12-2016, 05:52 PM
Not really in our repertoire is it? Might be wrong, but not one I`ve really heard at ER and away :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2016, 06:08 PM
world famous Hibernian support :confused: where exactly, I heard a brief mention of sloop john B (which older hibs fans will know who we called sloop john B) but the video/songs has nothing to do with hibs songs

the only link with ER being in it was when the sticky buns 'hummed' it at ER, which was quite unusual as there's no words to it and we all know any sevco songs have words like pape/taigs/fenians/kaffliks included

or have I missed it

NAE NOOKIE
07-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Videos of Sunshine on Leith posted on You Tube tend to get a good reaction from fans of other clubs far and wide .... but I think its stretching things a bit to claim we are world famous .... not yet anyway :greengrin

hibs#1
07-12-2016, 06:51 PM
I might be missing the point here but where are we mentioned in that article and what song is it About?🤔

ehf
07-12-2016, 07:57 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/football/copa90/2016/dec/07/dale-cavese-football-chant-youtube-internet-world?CMP=fb_a-football_b-gdnfootball

We may be in it in some phenomenologically recognised sense but not in a way that is evident to the naked eye.

SRHibs
07-12-2016, 08:27 PM
We are in the video of the Huns singing that *****y song.

NZ Green
08-12-2016, 06:27 AM
Carefull now, that's Jambo chat :greengrin But yes, I imagine we have been beamed across some corners of the world more than others this year, even if the viewer has no idea who it is they are watching.

After watching the video however, that has little to do with us.

Pretty Boy
08-12-2016, 06:43 AM
world famous Hibernian support :confused: where exactly, I heard a brief mention of sloop john B (which older hibs fans will know who we called sloop john B) but the video/songs has nothing to do with hibs songs

the only link with ER being in it was when the sticky buns 'hummed' it at ER, which was quite unusual as there's no words to it and we all know any sevco songs have words like pape/taigs/fenians/kaffliks included

or have I missed it

Tbf to Rangers fans they are normally pretty good at squeezing every last drop of sectarianism out of any given tune. Sloop John B is mentioned in the linked video and they excelled themselves there.

CB_NO3
08-12-2016, 07:43 AM
I am confused.

snooky
08-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Jeez some of the footage makes the cup final invasion look like a Brownie picnic. I hope Interpol is looking into these videos and arresting the culprits.

Cat Stanton
08-12-2016, 06:08 PM
I am confused.

Be reassured that you are not alone in your confusion... This doesn't seem to have anything to do with Hibs.

O'Rourke3
08-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Mmmmn sorry folks. The link I copied from Facebook is not showing the film in the article. About 6 clubs in there was footage of fans at ER. Honest....

Viva_Palmeiras
08-12-2016, 08:48 PM

Saying its panto season... Oh no we're not!

grunt
08-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Videos of Sunshine on Leith posted on You Tube tend to get a good reaction from fans of other clubs far and wide .... but I think its stretching things a bit to claim we are world famous .... not yet anyway :greengrin
Strange you should say this, earlier today Alan Davies (QI) was on Radio 2 talking about the tracks he likes. He chose the Proclaimers, and talked about SoL being sung by Hibs fans. I thought it was a nice wee mention. It's here, skip to 2:14:47 http://bbc.in/2g9okLS

monktonharp
08-12-2016, 09:22 PM
Mmmmn sorry folks. The link I copied from Facebook is not showing the film in the article. About 6 clubs in there was footage of fans at ER. Honest....we believe you mate. an honest mistake, can happen. a penalty, in an Edinburgh derby match at hampden, for instance