PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Roberts NHC

Navids Numpties
07-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Hi guys, just noticed that Patrick Roberts the young boy on loan at Celtic from Manchester City actually scored against them yesterday. Wee look on his Wikipedia shows he has a decent scoring record for Celtic and a single appearance for city. He was sold to them for around 12 million yet I know nearly nothing about the lad. Can anyone shed some light on the guy what he's like etc and before I get pelters I know this has no hibs content that's why I said NHC in the title.

CallumLaidlaw
07-12-2016, 02:42 PM
Hi guys, just noticed that Patrick Roberts the young boy on loan at Celtic from Manchester City actually scored against them yesterday. Wee look on his Wikipedia shows he has a decent scoring record for Celtic and a single appearance for city. He was sold to them for around 12 million yet I know nearly nothing about the lad. Can anyone shed some light on the guy what he's like etc and before I get pelters I know this has no hibs content that's why I said NHC in the title.

19yrs old. Big talent, very good feet. Man City paid £12m from Fulham after he'd only played a few games for them. Clearly bought as potential. Joined Celtic in January in an 18 month loan deal, which was great business for Celtic but also for the lad to give him a good run of games. Pep spoke about him last night after the game and to be honest, it doesn't sound like he thinks he has a long term future at City.

calumhibee1
07-12-2016, 03:18 PM
19yrs old. Big talent, very good feet. Man City paid £12m from Fulham after he'd only played a few games for them. Clearly bought as potential. Joined Celtic in January in an 18 month loan deal, which was great business for Celtic but also for the lad to give him a good run of games. Pep spoke about him last night after the game and to be honest, it doesn't sound like he thinks he has a long term future at City.

I thought he looked excellent in his first game for Celtic. Since then I've not thought he's that exciting. Capable of skinning a player or two, but I'd be stunned if he made it even as a squad player at City.

where'stheslope
07-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Shows how good loaning out players is?
Pay £12 million for him, loan him out, comes back to play against you and scores, loses you 2 points at a cost of (I think 1 Million euros a point)
seems like a good deal to me?????
And they're paying his wages!!!!!!!

jacomo
07-12-2016, 09:32 PM
Shows how good loaning out players is?
Pay £12 million for him, loan him out, comes back to play against you and scores, loses you 2 points at a cost of (I think 1 Million euros a point)
seems like a good deal to me?????
And they're paying his wages!!!!!!!

Football finance at the top end is mental.

But as long as enough people are taking their own slice, it will keep on like this.

MWHIBBIES
07-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Cant get a game over Forrest

frazeHFC
07-12-2016, 11:07 PM
Had an absolute shocker of a miss against Rangers in the semi final last year, open goal. Looks a great player though, although doubt he'll make it at City.

nellio
08-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Shocked to see how much Man City paid for the lad. Not sure he's every even played in the Premier league, sure he was playing in the championship for Fulham.

Could be another overhyped English lad.

Onceinawhile
08-12-2016, 03:44 PM
Had an absolute shocker of a miss against Rangers in the semi final last year, open goal. Looks a great player though, although doubt he'll make it at City.

And may well have helped us win the cup doing so.