PDA

View Full Version : Last seasons home shirt

Ell_Chrisso
07-12-2016, 01:24 PM
Anyone know where I can get one? I think a read on here a few months ago that's Nike wouldn't be producing any more.

More needing one for a frame than a shirt to wear, so size isn't really too much of an issue.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Billychaotic182
07-12-2016, 07:24 PM
I saw one on eBay a few month back but it sold for £250.

iwasthere1972
07-12-2016, 07:36 PM

£250. :hyper

I would happily take £200 and waive the P&P. :greengrin

Ell_Chrisso
07-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Really keen to get one, would prefer to not have to settle for this seasons kit as it's just not the same

aussie_hibee
08-12-2016, 02:49 AM
Really keen to get one, would prefer to not have to settle for this seasons kit as it's just not the same

I'm chasing the exact same for the same reason.
Unfortunately don't have the cash to pay that much right now.

Big_D
08-12-2016, 04:44 AM
Not much help i'm afraid but i wonder if anyone else has the "League cup final" edition home shirt ?
I have one yet I've never actually seen another

SouthMoroccoStu
08-12-2016, 05:47 AM

Saw that!

Wasn't signed or match worn

And at £250, there was plenty of interest

I'm sure the club looked into it but had issues with Nike/just sport in reproducing the shirt due to Nike Euro Championship and new season shirts

Hope something happens as could be a big earner for the club and there is clearly a demand and it's a shame to see others profiting when it could be going to the club

hibstag
08-12-2016, 08:37 AM
Not much help i'm afraid but i wonder if anyone else has the "League cup final" edition home shirt ?

I have one... I grew up in Dingwall so for me was a must have item

hibstag
08-12-2016, 08:42 AM
Saw that!

Wasn't signed or match worn

And at £250, there was plenty of interest

I'm sure the club looked into it but had issues with Nike/just sport in reproducing the shirt due to Nike Euro Championship and new season shirts

Hope something happens as could be a big earner for the club and there is clearly a demand and it's a shame to see others profiting when it could be going to the club

I'm sure the club could produce a replica of the replica with cup final branding I think the jambos did this once their macraes shirt sold out

aussie_hibee
08-12-2016, 08:43 AM
I'm sure the club could produce a replica of the replica with cup final branding I think the jambos did this once their macraes shirt sold out

Exactly what I was thinking. Can this be put to the club?

calumhibee1
08-12-2016, 08:54 AM

I've got one signed by the whole squad up in a frame.

Edit: I'm talking about the 2007 LC final which judging by other replies ain't the one you meant!

erin go bragh
08-12-2016, 11:09 AM

They had them in the club store a few weeks ago .edit , might have been in kids sizes only .

HibbyScott
08-12-2016, 11:14 AM

I have the "League Cup Final" edition home shirt - which is a shame in a way - because I would love to frame our Cup Winning shirt to go with the other two framed shirts I have in my hall, but I feel that being the edition for the final that year that we lost would detract from it a little. I may change my mind!

Big_D
08-12-2016, 11:18 AM
I thought it might be player issue but that's a bit unlikely in my size

Argylehibby
08-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. Can this be put to the club?

At the end of last season the club were told by Nike that they would not be able to get any more strips made. Everyone recognised that this would be a huge seller then and we know it would still be now. Whether or not Nike would entertain making another batch now the new season rush is over (Remember a couple of clubs started the season in last years kit because Nike couldn't get the new one produced in time) I don't know but I posed the question to the club this morning and will see what they say later.

It would be good to gauge interest though. If Nike know they are going to get a significant number of sales out of this we may have a better chance of persuading them. I can't say whether this has a 0% or 100% chance of being taken forward but happy to put the numbers in to the club so they can see if they merit putting preassure on to get more made. Previous discussions on the subject don't give me much hope of success but high sales may help change minds.

hibstag
08-12-2016, 12:42 PM
At the end of last season the club were told by Nike that they would not be able to get any more strips made. Everyone recognised that this would be a huge seller then and we know it would still be now. Whether or not Nike would entertain making another batch now the new season rush is over (Remember a couple of clubs started the season in last years kit because Nike couldn't get the new one produced in time) I don't know but I posed the question to the club this morning and will see what they say later.

It would be good to gauge interest though. If Nike know they are going to get a significant number of sales out of this we may have a better chance of persuading them. I can't say whether this has a 0% or 100% chance of being taken forward but happy to put the numbers in to the club so they can see if they merit putting preassure on to get more made. Previous discussions on the subject don't give me much hope of success but high sales may help change minds.

at the end of their promotion season hearts released a verson of the macraes battalon shirt without the addidas branding due to demand for the strips badge and 'style' due to problems in restocking due to using a template, here we are in in similar circumstances fans see the top as iconic now and i think a non nike branded version of the top with the badge and cup final lettering (maybe with gray and a 2 on the back!) could meet in some way demand to have one i know its not the same as the actual replica but would be a way of addressing the problem.

Col_0762
08-12-2016, 12:45 PM
I have the "League Cup Final" edition home shirt - which is a shame in a way - because I would love to frame our Cup Winning shirt to go with the other two framed shirts I have in my hall, but I feel that being the edition for the final that year that we lost would detract from it a little. I may change my mind!

Tea towel and hot iron over the lettering and it peels off. That's what I done. Will get the scottish cup embroidery put on it and frame it with the programme and ticket.

hibby6270
08-12-2016, 04:40 PM
Still have mine from last season and still wear it to games but that's out of necessity because this season's effort sizes are way to small for a big boned guy like me.

Didn't realise they were sought after and having read this thread will now mothball it and consider getting it 'cup fnalified'.:wink:

Franck Stanton
08-12-2016, 05:04 PM
PM Sent - You are welcome to mine.

Galahibby
08-12-2016, 05:08 PM
The more people who hassle these guys, the better chance they will realise they could make some money from it and produce one :aok:

https://retroshirtcity.com/pages/contact-us

SuperAllyMcleod
08-12-2016, 05:31 PM
So glad I purchased mine online on the evening of 21/5/2016 - had a feeling they may be hard to get hold of and I even got it cheap as the club always like to get rid of their stock when they are changing the strip. [emoji4]

givescotlandfreedom
08-12-2016, 05:38 PM

Four sales I personally know of for sure.

givescotlandfreedom
08-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Four sales I personally know of for sure.

Maybe a poll could be beneficial. Official or otherwise.

Pete
08-12-2016, 06:04 PM
So glad I purchased mine online on the evening of 21/5/2016 - had a feeling they may be hard to get hold of and I even got it cheap as the club always like to get rid of their stock when they are changing the strip. [emoji4]

I did the same thing and there's a brand new with tags XL (a size too large) sitting in my wardrobe.

Definitely one to be kept and handed down as over time, it will become the most desirable shirt in our history.

The only time it's ever worn is when I've had a few and pose in the mirror for a few minutes pretending I'm Stokesy or someone. Buttons done up of course.

BigKev
08-12-2016, 06:14 PM

A decent printer will be able to remove the League Cup branding. It's basically heat seamed on 👍

If they do embroidery they'll be able to match the Scottish Cup font with the exact wording.

RL Embroidery at Slateford would do it.

greeny
10-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Every Christmas for thirty years we've got my son the home shirt. Don't know why but last year we didn't.

I'm therefore on the lookout for a large or extra large and would pay reasonable/good money for one.

I have also have a collection of matchworn shirts and would be happy to do a deal involving swap and or cash adjustment

Phil MaGlass
10-12-2016, 12:58 PM
anyone know anyone that can make them on the fly? I will have one.