PDA

View Full Version : Hibs .. leaflet for tourists

NAE NOOKIE
07-12-2016, 11:05 AM
About a year ago I made a comment that I had stayed in a few hotels in Edinburgh and drunk in a good few boozers that had those little racks holding leaflets advertising attractions for tourists like festival venues, the castle, dynamic earth and a host of other things, I said then that it would be a good idea for Hibs to produce something similar.

I was in the Wetherspoons in Galashiels this morning and lo and behold right there in the middle of the leaflet rack was a pile of leaflets titled 'Hibernian FC, football in the capital' ... the leaflet gives a brief history of the club along with details of stadium tours, matchday packages, a fixture list and how to buy tickets ..... good to see the club doing stuff like this :aok:

matty_f
07-12-2016, 11:06 AM
About a year ago I made a comment that I had stayed in a few hotels in Edinburgh and drunk in a good few boozers that had those little racks holding leaflets advertising attractions for tourists like festival venues, the castle, dynamic earth and a host of other things, I said then that it would be a good idea for Hibs to produce something similar.

I was in the Wetherspoons in Galashiels this morning and lo and behold right there in the middle of the leaflet rack was a pile of leaflets titled 'Hibernian FC, football in the capital' ... the leaflet gives a brief history of the club along with details of stadium tours, matchday packages, a fixture list and how to buy tickets ..... good to see the club doing stuff like this :aok:

That's reassuring - there's definitely an opportunity there to get folk throught he gates when they're visiting Edinburgh.

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2016, 11:09 AM

Good stuff, get them in the airport, and taxis too:aok:

gaz1875
07-12-2016, 12:46 PM
Not before time, great opportunities especially around the festive and festival periods :flag:

hibeenicol
07-12-2016, 12:50 PM

Seen them in the upper largo hotel in Fife

HibbyDave
07-12-2016, 03:42 PM
But, but, .......they need to be on "The Database" before we will sell them a ticket for any match worth watching.

GGTTH

Renfrew_Hibby
07-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Many Spanish or Italian tourists wandering round Galashiels? Hope these leaflets are all over Edinburgh itself.

JohnMcM
07-12-2016, 05:39 PM
It does work.
When you go to Barcelona, Munich and Madrid you see loads of leaflets like these for the those teams.

As you do your touristy thing you can see regular bus loads of people taking the trip to the respective grounds.

I did the Bacelona Camp Nou one. As a football guy, I thought it was great.

CockneyRebel
07-12-2016, 06:10 PM

Need to update it to take in the SC victory!

Itsnoteasy
07-12-2016, 06:26 PM
It does work.
When you go to Barcelona, Munich and Madrid you see loads of leaflets like these for the those teams.

As you do your touristy thing you can see regular bus loads of people taking the trip to the respective grounds.

I did the Bacelona Camp Nou one. As a football guy, I thought it was great.

Unfortunately these days were not at the table with these fit bawgiants.

Renfrew_Hibby
07-12-2016, 06:57 PM
I make a point of seeking out the local teams and grounds wherever I go. When in Barcelona, I'm off down to see Espanyol. On honeymoon in Madeira we went and checked out both Maratimo and Ronaldo's first side, National... Yes we're still together!

EricM
07-12-2016, 06:57 PM
I picked one of these leaflets up at the weekend when the Scottish cup was in Aberdeen.

I thought it was perfect for giving someone not familiar with Hibs interesting facts and details of games and prices this season.

Hopefully the club have got ways to get these into all the right places to target tourists.

KNBE
07-12-2016, 07:20 PM
They could do with selling scarves and souvenirs at the airport too. Plenty ugly sisters stuff and EPL shirts on sale last time I was through there but nothing about us (or Hearts for that matter). I've seen plenty of souvenirs from local teams in airports around Europe but nothing Hibs in Edinburgh's airport.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
07-12-2016, 07:34 PM
I've seen the same ones at haymarket too.

Jonnyboy
07-12-2016, 07:38 PM
In Cologne a few years back I wandered into the Tourist Office to ask the easiest way to get to the football stadium. I was both surprised and delighted that not only was I given directions, I was also sold a match ticket! They played Wolfsburg that day with over 40k in the stadium, despite being in a relegation position in the league

where'stheslope
07-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Always felt that tourists may like to take in a game if here on holiday, so maybe an area of the ground could be held in reserve for visiting supporters, and also have pay at the gate as if they have to get tickets then come back for the match it may put some off!
Any new customer carries stories back with them and can entice others to follow suit.

Gogs07
07-12-2016, 09:11 PM
I sent an e-mail to the tourist buses that leave Waverley bridge, asking why don't they start making stops at Easter Road, Murrayfield-zoo and even the Huntz bus shelter for the tourists to drop off and spend their cash and still waiting for a reply,!!:fuming:

CropleyWasGod
07-12-2016, 09:15 PM
I sent an e-mail to the tourist buses that leave Waverley bridge, asking why don't they start making stops at Easter Road, Murrayfield-zoo and even the Huntz bus shelter for the tourists to drop off and spend their cash and still waiting for a reply,!!:fuming:
What's in it for the bus operators?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Mr White
07-12-2016, 09:22 PM
I bought tickets for some Spanish students for the derby that Sparkys free kick was disallowed in. They couldn't buy their own at the ticket office as they weren't on the database. They sat next to us and were impressed by the passion and atmosphere if not the quality. Also had some swiss lads sit next to us at an Alloa game at easter road 2 years ago. They were in Edinburgh and fancied taking in a game. It's definitely a market worth investigating and advertising for.

Gogs07
07-12-2016, 09:25 PM
What's in it for the bus operators?

Pretty sure that a financial arrangement could be made between the bus operators and the stadiums to drop off passengers.

CropleyWasGod
07-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Pretty sure that a financial arrangement could be made between the bus operators and the stadiums to drop off passengers.
For it to be worthwhile to the bus operators....waiting time, Driver time, potential loss of other revenue....it would have to be a substantial payment.
Would that be worth it to the stadia?

FranckSuzy
07-12-2016, 11:30 PM
The leaflets are in Edinburgh Airport too :aok: Spied them when I was waiting (and waiting) on my brother arriving back from Oz in October :greengrin

Gogs07
07-12-2016, 11:34 PM
For it to be worthwhile to the bus operators....waiting time, Driver time, potential loss of other revenue....it would have to be a substantial payment.
Would that be worth it to the stadia?

With current tour buses visiting exiting places such as , Scot parliament,Holyrood House,Britannia,Castle, etc is any payment made to the operators by these guys?

It's a hop on- off tour!, so it's up to the operators to make their tour as attractive as possible and visiting the Scottish Cup winners home, would be a great sell.

Waiting/driver time/ loss of other revenue on a hop on- hop off tour???

IberianHibernian
07-12-2016, 11:38 PM
Really pleased to read about advertising in hotels as it`s something I`ve suggested here ( as have others ) several times in the last decade along with things like campaigns to encourage immigrants and students which have also been tried . Think it`s important that ideas are repeated ( for example are flyers etc in Polish still distributed or was that a one off ? ) . One of the advantages of having so many empty seats at ER is that we can make offers to fans who can only make the odd match without upsetting regulars . What about tickets for groups ? 10 tickets in South for 100 pounds for selected matches ? In your 10 you`ll get 3 or 4 who wouldn`t normally go to any match but might become hooked . Lots of football - mad Spaniards , Italians etc in Edinburgh who play regularly often without meeting locals who would be unlikely to go to Easter Road alone or can`t get a ticket for a big match cause of database thing who might make their first visit to ER if given group tickets and half time welcome from club and some might return or at least promote club after leaving Scotland .

Sergey
08-12-2016, 12:09 AM
We should be putting copies of the Cup Final DVD in every hotel bedside cabinet - maybe charging a premium (shown on your bill as 'other services') for the c#m-shot.

We could also have an inner sleeve of the Yambolinos debtors - that might have to gate-fold and in 7pt text.

CropleyWasGod
08-12-2016, 09:32 AM
With current tour buses visiting exiting places such as , Scot parliament,Holyrood House,Britannia,Castle, etc is any payment made to the operators by these guys?

It's a hop on- off tour!, so it's up to the operators to make their tour as attractive as possible and visiting the Scottish Cup winners home, would be a great sell.

Waiting/driver time/ loss of other revenue on a hop on- hop off tour???

I'm struggling with the idea that the operators would think that a visit to any of the sports grounds would make any of their tours more attractive. For that matter, I would be surprised if they haven't done their market research and found that it's just not in their interests, even with kickbacks.

Of the 3 main stadia in the city, Murrayfield would IMO be the one with the biggest potential international interest. But even with them, the likeliest visitors would be rugby enthusiasts who would probably want to make a special trip. That would be the case with ER and Tynie too, I'm sure.