PDA

View Full Version : hearts 2016 are basically hibs 2006

Springbank
05-12-2016, 08:35 PM
Striking similarities between them 2016 and us 2006

One team sells a star striker immediately before a massive cup derby (o'Connor & Sow)
The team suddenly looks punchless and stumbles out the Cup.
The Derby rivals go on to lift the Cup.
A few months later the manager leaves.
A rookie is appointedesigned
Meanwhile the chairman (petrie then, budge now) preaches prudence, and prefers to polish the annual accounts than The Scottish Cup
The stadium starts to take priority over the team
10 years of pain gets underway...

CropleyWasGod
05-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Striking similarities between them 2016 and us 2006

One team sells a star striker immediately before a massive cup derby (o'Connor & Sow)
The team suddenly looks punchless and stumbles out the Cup.
The Derby rivals go on to lift the Cup.
A few months later the manager leaves.
A rookie is appointedesigned
Meanwhile the chairman (petrie then, budge now) preaches prudence, and prefers to polish the annual accounts than The Scottish Cup
The stadium starts to take priority over the team
10 years of pain gets underway...
So what you're really trying to say is that Hearts will win the League Cup next season?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

mjhibby
05-12-2016, 08:41 PM
I sort of get what you mean but do they really want to win the diddy cup. They seem desperate to sell Paterson and will probably end up fourth and no euro footer which will leave queen budge a wee bit upset.

Glory Lurker
05-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Plenty popcorn between 2019 and 2025.

MWHIBBIES
05-12-2016, 09:15 PM
I sort of get what you mean but do they really want to win the diddy cup. They seem desperate to sell Paterson and will probably end up fourth and no euro footer which will leave queen budge a wee bit upset.This needs to stop being said. A great disrespect to 3 fantastic Hibs teams.

Pretty Boy
05-12-2016, 09:27 PM
So what you're really trying to say is that Hearts will win the League Cup next season?

Let's keep things realistic.

Waxy
05-12-2016, 09:50 PM

And the Scottish cup in 2026

Eyrie
05-12-2016, 10:28 PM
And the Scottish cup in 2026

They always do well when the year ends in a six eg 1986, 1996 and 2016.

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2016, 10:29 PM
I sort of get what you mean but do they really want to win the diddy cup. They seem desperate to sell Paterson and will probably end up fourth and no euro footer which will leave queen budge a wee bit upset.

Absolutely desperate to sell him. No ones bidding though - someone will take him off their hands for nothing in the summer.

Sir David Gray
05-12-2016, 11:13 PM
They always do well when the year ends in a six eg 1986, 1996 and 2016.

Especially '86, still jealous of the double they won that year.

NAE NOOKIE
05-12-2016, 11:53 PM
This needs to stop being said. A great disrespect to 3 fantastic Hibs teams.

Pretty sure he was mocking the Yams attitude to the trophy rather than suggesting that's what he thinks of it.

There's two ways to approach the only two trophies most clubs in Scotland, including Hetz, have a realistic chance of winning. There's the Hibs way where the longer you go without winning it the more of an obsession it becomes, or the Hertz way where instead of making no secret of the fact you want to win it you pretend its beneath you. I think I like the Hibs way better :greengrin

HoboHarry
06-12-2016, 02:49 AM
Pretty sure he was mocking the Yams attitude to the trophy rather than suggesting that's what he thinks of it.

There's two ways to approach the only two trophies most clubs in Scotland, including Hetz, have a realistic chance of winning. There's the Hibs way where the longer you go without winning it the more of an obsession it becomes, or the Hertz way where instead of making no secret of the fact you want to win it you pretend its beneath you. I think I like the Hibs way better :greengrin
The bull***t they spouted about it being a diddy cup was shown to be just that when St Mirren beat them in the final. The wailing and gnashing of teeth from them was heart warming :greengrin

Greenworld
06-12-2016, 11:14 AM
Absolutely desperate to sell him. No ones bidding though - someone will take him off their hands for nothing in the summer.
Development fee due so would get something

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2016, 11:35 AM

How would they calculate that? Presumably it'll be nowhere near the millions they claim he's worth?

Greenworld
06-12-2016, 11:43 AM
Not sure how the calculation is done I was told 400k by hearts fan friends but not sure of the truth in that

How would they calculate that? Presumably it'll be nowhere near the millions they claim he's worth?