PDA

View Full Version : Can we find another Russell Latapy / creative midfielder ?

GreenCastle
05-12-2016, 03:28 PM
For a while now we have struggled with creativity. A player who can make the telling final ball - shoot and ideally score from distance.

Latapy was a genius and of course it's hard to find someone as good but surely there are creative players available.

I do think we have some good midfielders..

McGinn
Fyvie
Dylan
Shinnie
Bartley - holding midfield

But we have been missing a number 10 for a while now.

Shinnie and McGinn are close I feel but is it possible there is another Latapy type player out there for us to unlock these packed defenses.

If we add a creative player behind the front 2 and manage to secure 2 wide players - left footed player especially we will definitely add another dimension to this team.

The question is who is available as this time of year it's so hard to bring players in.

Ozyhibby
05-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Shinnie was supposed to be that for us this season. Unfortunately he has not done the job so far and Dundee Utd got better when they signed Andreu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
05-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Shinnie was supposed to be that for us this season. Unfortunately he has not done the job so far and Dundee Utd got better when they signed Andreu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still early days and Shinnie appears less of a goal threat however has created a number of goals and chances already.

GreenCastle
05-12-2016, 05:17 PM
Still early days and Shinnie appears less of a goal threat however has created a number of goals and chances already.

I actually thought Shinne played better without McGinn and Fyvie on Friday. But we need to let him loose and encourage him to take more risks - plus needs to score more goals like the rest of our team.

J-C
05-12-2016, 06:26 PM
For a while now we have struggled with creativity. A player who can make the telling final ball - shoot and ideally score from distance.

Latapy was a genius and of course it's hard to find someone as good but surely there are creative players available.

I do think we have some good midfielders..

McGinn
Fyvie
Dylan
Shinnie
Bartley - holding midfield

But we have been missing a number 10 for a while now.

Shinnie and McGinn are close I feel but is it possible there is another Latapy type player out there for us to unlock these packed defenses.

If we add a creative player behind the front 2 and manage to secure 2 wide players - left footed player especially we will definitely add another dimension to this team.

The question is who is available as this time of year it's so hard to bring players in.

If we add a creative player and a left footed wide man, is there room for 2 up top or do you want a 4-4-2.