PDA

View Full Version : Yams New managment team arrives at the PBS

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-12-2016, 02:59 PM

James70
05-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Well if Cathro is confirmed as manager then Austin McPhee is a stick on for assistant if only for his Captain Caveman image. One caveman goes and another moves in. Photo on BBC page.

Brightside
05-12-2016, 05:00 PM
Both are brilliant signings. I'd have them at Hibs in a heartbeat.

steakbake
05-12-2016, 05:02 PM
Excellent signings. Scottish (Rangers leaning) pundits are spewing because they fear the Hearts have struck gold. Some of the nonsense that's been written in the past couple of days is just fear.

ancient hibee
05-12-2016, 05:04 PM

Could be a success or a complete disaster.Have either of them any experience of man management or putting a team on the field because that's a lot more important than skills coaching.

#FromTheCapital
05-12-2016, 05:08 PM
What are folk basing the opinion of them being excellent signings on? Genuine question, I know very little about either of them.

TRC
05-12-2016, 05:11 PM
I just don't get it Levin is an old school type big team no real style of play these two. Cathro as he is the most talked about is a football purist just can't see it working if Levin has anything to do with the team.

GreenCastle
05-12-2016, 05:15 PM

I'm against jobs for the boys but fully agree with Boyd - the guy doesn't have management / personality skills.

McPhee could be an interesting appointment but Cathro will struggle i feel.

greenginger
05-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Impossible to predict whether they will be brilliant/OK/ disaster but seeing as Cathro is only 30 years old there may be a few exchanges with some Yam senior players a few years his senior.

Time will tell, they've been lucky/shrewd with some of their managers, time for a real howler ! :greengrin

#FromTheCapital
05-12-2016, 05:25 PM
I'm against jobs for the boys but fully agree with Boyd - the guy doesn't have management / personality skills.

Hearts managers have never been known for their vibrant personalities. Jim Jeffries, Craig Levein, John McGlynn and Robbie Neilson all combined have less personality than a corpse.

Steve20
05-12-2016, 05:29 PM
Excellent signings. Scottish (Rangers leaning) pundits are spewing because they fear the Hearts have struck gold. Some of the nonsense that's been written in the past couple of days is just fear.

Radio Scotland is basically a Jambo love-in so they'll be hoping they've struck gold.

MountcastleHibs
05-12-2016, 05:33 PM
I just don't get it Levin is an old school type big team no real style of play these two. Cathro as he is the most talked about is a football purist just can't see it working if Levin has anything to do with the team.

Levein and Cathro have previous.

Baader
05-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Don't quite get how they are already excellent signings when neither have managed before. May well turn out to be but right now there is no precedent to judge on.

CorrieHibs
05-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Austin McPhee sounds decent. He's played a major part in Northern Ireland's success.

No one really knows about Cathro. He certainly gets a lot of plaudits. However has never managed on his own. There are loads of good coaches and assistants out there that haven't made good managers.

Only time will tell. Neilson built a good squad.

Andy74
05-12-2016, 05:40 PM
What are folk basing the opinion of them being excellent signings on? Genuine question, I know very little about either of them.

Hype and myth I think.

No doubt both well thought of coaches but they are young guys who haven't really had a chance to make an impact either positively or negatively.

Being a good young coach does not necessarily make you a manager either - it is a different thing. That said, Levein is the manager really and they are looking for people to do coaching.

You do wonder though if Cathro is that good why he hadn't been taken by anyone else for a manager role. Newcastle didn't appear to fight to keep him. MK dons could presumably have afforded him but went for Neilson.

HibsNutter
05-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Cathro has a reputation for developing young players and is well thought of within the game. He has coached at Valencia and Newcastle among other clubs, and despite only being 30 years old, has lots of experience in the game. He was also appointed as head of Dundee United's youth setup when he was just 22 years of age.

In saying that, a good coach does not always make a good manager. See Colin Calderwood. Another example of this is Paul Clement. Clement was Carlo Ancellotti's assistant at Chelsea, Real Madrid and PSG, he moved to Derby County and was sacked after nine games.

He seems to have a good pedigree, but only time will tell if he can make it as a manager.

Brightside
05-12-2016, 05:57 PM

Ive seen both coach and deliver technical overviews... they are very good...and light years away from Lennon. Not football men mind so many in the game will hate them. They are everything scottish football is crying out for rather than ex players just assuming they are good managers.

Brightside
05-12-2016, 05:58 PM

Boyd is a clown and i wouldn't let him coach an u7s team.

ancient hibee
05-12-2016, 06:00 PM
Or good coaches thinking they're good managers?

Paisley,Ferguson and Clough had wonderful teams playing great football and did virtually no coaching.

Brightside
05-12-2016, 06:00 PM
Don't quite get how they are already excellent signings when neither have managed before. May well turn out to be but right now there is no precedent to judge on.

They have been coaching for years and are proven good technical coaches. Hearts have a hands on Director of Football and the manager role there is more about coaching and prepping teams.

bingo70
05-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Ive seen both coach and deliver technical overviews... they are very good...and light years away from Lennon. Not football men mind so many in the game will hate them. They are everything scottish football is crying out for rather than ex players just assuming they are good managers.

Again though, being good coaches doesn't mean good managers.

IMO a managers main job is to motivate and manage the egos within the squad, I'm not convinced really good training sessions translates into good performances.

If hibs had appointed Cathro I'd probably have been quite pleased with the vision being shown but it's a huge risk, regardless of how good a coach he is.

Out of interest what age and standard were the group you saw him train?

Wee Effen Bee
05-12-2016, 06:03 PM

How can people be so sure they are great signings? Again, genuine question. Not having a go at anyone Underscore but where is the evidence? Neither of them have managed on their own. Good coaches don't always become good managers as they are very different designations. They may do well but they may be average or they may even crash and burn. Time will tell.

ancient hibee
05-12-2016, 06:04 PM
They have been coaching for years and are proven good technical coaches. Hearts have a hands on Director of Football and the manager role there is more about coaching and prepping teams.

So Levien's not telling the truth about what he does?

Brightside
05-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Again though, being good coaches doesn't mean good managers.

IMO a managers main job is to motivate and manage the egos within the squad, I'm not convinced really good training sessions translates into good performances.

If hibs had appointed Cathro I'd probably have been quite pleased with the vision being shown but it's a huge risk, regardless of how good a coach he is.

Out of interest what age and standard were the group you saw him train?

I watched Cathro take a first team session at Newcastle. and I've seen a fair few of Austins session plans for youth players. I think people are missing my point here. Hearts are hiring a Head Coach and an assistant. Both of whom are better coaches than the two they replace. They didn't have a traditional manager in place.

ancient hibee
05-12-2016, 06:12 PM
I watched Cathro take a first team session at Newcastle. and I've seen a fair few of Austins session plans for youth players. I think people are missing my point here. Hearts are hiring a Head Coach and an assistant. Both of whom are better coaches than the two they replace. They didn't have a traditional manager in place.
But you're ignoring the point some of us are making.Levein said hat Neilson was responsible for picking the team and the tactics used.Presumably this will continue and putting the right team on the park is what a good manager has to do.

flash
05-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Coaching folk ken what's gaun oan.

Brightside
05-12-2016, 06:21 PM
But you're ignoring the point some of us are making.Levein said hat Neilson was responsible for picking the team and the tactics used.Presumably this will continue and putting the right team on the park is what a good manager has to do.

CL is actively involved in the management of the squad at Hearts. All day to day coaching and picking of the team etc is down to the coaches. I think its a system that works. Our director of football at Hibs has pretty much nothing to do with the first team squad.

emerald green
05-12-2016, 06:22 PM
I don't know anything about them, and couldn't care less. I hope they fail spectacularly.

Hope also that doesn't sound too "negative".

bingo70
05-12-2016, 06:25 PM

Yes but you're still judging someone for a position that they've never actually done before.

There may be small differences but they're still differences all the same. Nobody knows what his man management is like when he's the top dog. Just now he gets to, what sound like, good fun trainingdrills that the players probably enjoy so they're bound to like him. What happens when he has to start delivering bad news that people are dropped or if the players don't agree with the teams he's putting out?

He might be absolutely brilliant but right now nobody actually knows.

bingo70
05-12-2016, 06:27 PM
CL is actively involved in the management of the squad at Hearts. All day to day coaching and picking of the team etc is down to the coaches. I think its a system that works. Our director of football at Hibs has pretty much nothing to do with the first team squad.

I agree with the structure and think it's the way to go, doesn't get away from the fact that about 4 years ago he was coaching the u13s though, It's a massive jump and there's only so much experience he could have got in that time.

northstandhibby
05-12-2016, 06:30 PM
I don't know anything about them, and couldn't care less. I hope they fail spectacularly.

:aok:

Me too. Couldn't care less about who manages the yams after Robbie Replay. Doubt anyone will better his prize giving 'money spinner' quote.

The Yams the club that surrendered their two goal lead at Swiney and we went on to win the Scottish Cup :not worth

Brightside
05-12-2016, 06:51 PM
I agree with the structure and think it's the way to go, doesn't get away from the fact that about 4 years ago he was coaching the u13s though, It's a massive jump and there's only so much experience he could have got in that time.

His couple of years at Valencia is probably better than any coach in scotland (bar Rodgers)

ancient hibee
05-12-2016, 06:54 PM
His couple of years at Valencia is probably better than any coach in scotland (bar Rodgers)
In what way?

jacomo
05-12-2016, 07:04 PM
Austin McPhee sounds decent. He's played a major part in Northern Ireland's success.

No one really knows about Cathro. He certainly gets a lot of plaudits. However has never managed on his own. There are loads of good coaches and assistants out there that haven't made good managers.

Only time will tell. Neilson built a good squad.

Ach good luck to them.

More interesting appointment than the usual. I bet Peter Houston has been updating his cv too... lol.

where'stheslope
05-12-2016, 07:05 PM
I think a lot of people are reading the likes of Boyd and the Glasgow press and they are all saying its a big risk?
If they are such a big risk why are they not helping in getting them in place?
It seems to me to be a case of reverse psychology in the fact that they may be getting one over on the ugly sisters in bringing new blood to the Premiership!!!

Bishop Hibee
05-12-2016, 07:07 PM
Does Cathro know blood doesn't show on a maroon jumper?

#FromTheCapital
05-12-2016, 07:18 PM

Yes. As long as their involved with that pile of ***** then I wish them nothing but bad luck.

Andy74
05-12-2016, 07:52 PM

Light years from Lennon. Right. When they've achieved something as managers you might be able to start to argue that one.

Don Giovanni
05-12-2016, 07:53 PM

Maybe I'm misinterpreting you underscore but that sounds pretty negative of Lennon's coaching?
Have you experience of Lennon's training sessions / managerial abilities?

Brightside
05-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Maybe I'm misinterpreting you underscore but that sounds pretty negative of Lennon's coaching?
Have you experience of Lennon's training sessions / managerial abilities?

Different styles. You wont see Lennon setting up many drills on the training pitch. Luckily we also have some decent coaches on hand.

chinaman
05-12-2016, 07:59 PM

Me too. Couldn't care less about who manages the yams after Robbie Replay. Doubt anyone will better his prize giving 'money spinner' quote.

The Yams the club that surrendered their two goal lead at Swiney and we went on to win the Scottish Cup :not worth
I wish anyone with anything to do with the vile yaks pain and failure, it's all the thieving cheats deserve.
The "dream team" will soon learn ya can't polish a turd fxxx em all

Bostonhibby
05-12-2016, 08:05 PM
I wish anyone with anything to do with the vile yaks pain and failure, it's all the thieving cheats deserve.
The "dream team" will soon learn ya can't polish a turd fxxx em all

Amen to that

The hype was inevitable I suppose but doesn't look like Newcastle put up much of a fight to keep the guy. Levein's still in situ and the stand has to be paid for so the SS Poppy thieves is still sailing in a similar direction.

Jonnyboy
05-12-2016, 08:08 PM
It's a risk but what appointment isn't? I'm thinking he'll either fail spectacularly or be the best thing since sliced bread :greengrin

Don Giovanni
05-12-2016, 08:25 PM
Different styles. You wont see Lennon setting up many drills on the training pitch. Luckily we also have some decent coaches on hand.

Ah, I see.
Cheers

BullsCloseHibs
05-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Q: if he's as good as Potter and Budge think he is then why has no other club went for him?

(All they can afford?)

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Radio Scotland is basically a Jambo love-in so they'll be hoping they've struck gold.

Boy on the other night (Jamie Fullerton) was pretty straight out with saying that Cathro has no people skills and is nowhere near being Newcastles assistant manager. Said he's basically one below the boy getting the balls and cones and doesn't know how to communicate with players.

It was a right Hearts love in from start to finish.

Mr White
05-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Austin McPhee looks like Pug from the bash street kids wearing a Robbie Neilson wig.

Skol
05-12-2016, 09:06 PM
There is no doubt that this is a massive gamble. Massive.

Our track record isnt great. Williamson, Hughes, Mixu, Butcher, even Fenlon all had enough experience to suggest they would do well. Calderwood also had a good enough background. In fact the biggest success we have had, Mowbray, actually had no real experience either. And also didnt do great after leaving

However, there is every possibility that it turns out well we need to accept that.

If I was a Jambo I would be wondering how this guy will react when he is in charge of a team of professionals, many of whom have more experience than he has. Its a big test.

bigwheel
05-12-2016, 09:12 PM
It's an exciting appointment for them, and for Scottish Football actually...a 30 year old Head Coach - that's a pretty bold move.

He was one I had hoped we might have gone for...so now I'm torn, always hoped he would do well, as it's good to see new thinking and new blood coming through in the game - yet, I wouldn't want them to win a coin toss! So hope he get his next job quickly!

Baader
05-12-2016, 09:18 PM

They are light years away from Lennon, yes. Lennon has won titles and taken a team through to Champions League knockout stages. They may have potential but managers are judged on achievements - and these guys are rookies. You can't compare them until they've actually stepped up and into the role.

Billy Whizz
05-12-2016, 09:40 PM
Austin McPhee looks like Pug from the bash street kids wearing a Robbie Neilson wig.

Looks more like Tom Petty to me

buktapurple79
05-12-2016, 09:56 PM
What a ****ing self absorbed muppet this boy is. Stick yer theory up yer erchy - here's the reality. The Big Cup holders are coming up to bitch slap youse about, yer daddy Potter will sack you. The end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
05-12-2016, 10:04 PM
Looks more like Tom Petty to me
Chesney Hawkes in the hall of mirrors at the amusement arcade?

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

hibees 7062
05-12-2016, 10:05 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15253562_1905149789709076_4641700584286102834_n.jp g?oh=5d2154d60bf3b69698193252e20ba879&oe=58B7334E

green day
05-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Interesting appointment, not least because the media has been talking him up for years (based on what, I don't know).

Anyway, proof will be in the pudding. They did v well under caveman, all this guy has to do is improve on Nielson.

Which means winning a cup, I think.

greenginger
05-12-2016, 10:11 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38202975

Well Cathro will be in charge on Saturday at Ibrox.

Anything less than a 2-0 win for the Yams and he'll be a failure to some of the famous. :greengrin

greenpaper55
05-12-2016, 10:28 PM
Puppets on a string, they will do as they are told, why do you think Neilson left ?.

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2016, 10:30 PM
Puppets on a string, they will do as they are told, why do you think Neilson left ?.

Cos they told him to. There was a board meeting last week.

hibees 7062
05-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Cos they told him to. There was a board meeting last week.

Sir Alex told him to leave

ancient hibee
05-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Could Cathro be this decade's Stuart Baxter?

Nakedmanoncrack
05-12-2016, 11:16 PM
Never heard of either of them.

GreenCastle
05-12-2016, 11:41 PM
So Cathro coaches and surely has input into team selection before during and after the game.

Half time - who gives team talk?

Surely Cathro will be giving some free reign or is CL going to step in and dictate (possible reason Neilson left - fed up being not appreciated and controlled).

I've seen Cathro coach and he went to Portugal with Nuno who he met on a UEFA A course - then Nuno took him to Valencia. Steve Maclaren took him to Newcastle and Rafa kept him on but Rafa also brought his own guys in so Cathro did less with 1st team.

You need to have people and management skills - even in a head coach role and not sure he has them to be successful. Time will tell but very risky I feel for Hearts and the coach (though he has stated he wanted to be the main coach one day somewhere).

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2016, 11:56 PM
So Cathro coaches and surely has input into team selection before during and after the game.

Surely Cathro will be giving some free reign or is CL going to step in and dictate (possible reason Neilson left - fed up being not appreciated and controlled).

I've seen Cathro coach and he went to Portugal with Nuno who he met on a UEFA A course - then Nuno took him to Valencia. Steve Maclaren took him to Newcastle and Rafa kept him on but rags also brought his own guys in so Cathro did less with 1st team.

You need to have people and management skills - even in a head coach role and not sure he has them to be successful. Time will tell but very risky I feel for Hearts and the coach (though he has stated he wanted to be the main coach one day somewhere).

Quite a daring appointment by Budge. Could go either way, depending on the chemistry, relationships and egos. Time will tell. But I think she has to gamble. The fans expectations there are so unrealistic after 30 years of financial doping they already feel like a club in decline.

GreenArmyyy!
06-12-2016, 12:01 AM
I literally don't think I could care any less. Let's focus on getting promoted and smashing them up and down the place again.

NAE NOOKIE
06-12-2016, 12:38 AM
An interesting appointment by Hearts, quite interesting, yes very very interesting .............. crash n' burn ya Yam roaster
:yw:

Fife-Hibee
06-12-2016, 07:22 AM

Looks like a yam' he'll fit in well!

givescotlandfreedom
06-12-2016, 08:14 AM
If Hibs had made that appointment this place would be in meltdown with accusations of us doing it on the cheap.

Brightside
06-12-2016, 08:16 AM
If Hibs had made that appointment this place would be in meltdown with accusations of us doing it on the cheap.

Many people wanted us to go for Cathro - even before Stubbs. Lets not be blinded by the fact that he has gone to Hearts. I also think if we were settled in the Prem it is the kind of coach we would look to appoint.

#FromTheCapital
06-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Time will tell. For what it's worth I don't see hearts progressing any further while Levein is still there. They'll likely hover around 3rd or 4th spot, which isn't bad, but if you're a supporter of the big team and expecting to win the champions league every season then it's pretty poor and he'll get hounded out eventually much like Robbie. The other elephant in the room is the new stand being built which will undoubtedly affect their budget.

flash
06-12-2016, 08:24 AM
Many people wanted us to go for Cathro - even before Stubbs. Lets not be blinded by the fact that he has gone to Hearts. I also think if we were settled in the Prem it is the kind of coach we would look to appoint.

Many people being you.

Brightside
06-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Many people being you.

Aye - just me. :greengrin

vuefrom1875
06-12-2016, 08:31 AM

Good spot,remember the Bash Street Kids from my youth,PLUG not PUG was always the ugliest!!

Mr White
06-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Good spot,remember the Bash Street Kids from my youth,PLUG not PUG was always the ugliest!!

Whatever. You knew who I meant :greengrin

flash
06-12-2016, 08:55 AM
Aye - just me. :greengrin

At least you are honest :)

Dalianwanda
06-12-2016, 09:02 AM
There were plenty on here who had him down as a possible for us before last two appointments. Don't know how it will go but will there be a large change of player personnel required to play the game in his style?

JimBHibees
06-12-2016, 09:06 AM

When you say technical overview what do you mean? Personally think it is an exciting appointment and his experience in Valencia and Portugal have got to be a good thing and to be honest in his case having Levein in the background is probably a positive in terms of support in some of the areas that he may have less experience in. Someone that has went abroad and coached in a different cultures and languages can only be a positive in our inward looking football environment e.g Boyds comments.

vuefrom1875
06-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Whatever. You knew who I meant :greengrin

Indeed I did.

frazeHFC
06-12-2016, 09:41 AM
He's undoubtedly a good coach, has been gaining rave reviews for years, worked at big clubs and still on 30, but as people have said will be interesting if he cuts it as a manager. Not that it bothers us, we need to focus on getting back up, no excuses this time.

Waxy
06-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Or its plug and Robbies love child.

1875M
06-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Heard a lot about this guy through the circuit couple of years back. Wanted him here before Lennon got the gig. Think he'll fit quite well into the setup Hearts have in place. Big gamble, hope he makes a mess of it but time will tell.

pacoluna
06-12-2016, 10:23 AM
another tea boy for levein

Billy Whizz
06-12-2016, 10:30 AM
Austin Powers joins them as well. Picture from Tynie at the press conference with Budgie, no idea where Potter is.
Not one of them wearing a Hearts tie, not Hibs class

Billy Whizz
06-12-2016, 10:34 AM
Austin Powers joins them as well. Picture from Tynie at the press conference with Budgie, no idea where Potter is.
Not one of them wearing a Hearts tie, not Hibs class

Must be a caption competition in this

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/38219275

patch1875
06-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Press conference live on Facebook.

It's like. 2 guys have just been picked up off the street and are trying to wing it!

Billy Whizz
06-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Press conference live on Facebook.

It's like. 2 guys have just been picked up off the street and are trying to wing it!

Where's Potter

Paloschi
06-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Sorry to say but this is two very good appointments from Hearts coaching wise. Management wise we will see but they have Levein to provide guidance in that respect.

They are going to be a top 4 club for sometime now. They got away with it.

Neilson done a great job but he was very limited tactically, Stubbs got the better of him almost everytime. He will get found out at MK Dons.

patch1875
06-12-2016, 10:54 AM
Didn't see him Budge sitting in between.

Trainor
06-12-2016, 11:05 AM
He's undoubtedly a good coach, has been gaining rave reviews for years, worked at big clubs and still on 30, but as people have said will be interesting if he cuts it as a manager. Not that it bothers us, we need to focus on getting back up, no excuses this time.

....yep, both very well respected young coaches, how they will work with team selection and with their older players remains to be seen though!

Albanian Hibs
06-12-2016, 11:07 AM
Never heard of either of them????

ekhibee
06-12-2016, 11:18 AM

I've seen Cathro coach and he went to Portugal with Nuno who he met on a UEFA A course - then Nuno took him to Valencia. Steve Maclaren took him to Newcastle and Rafa kept him on but Rafa also brought his own guys in so Cathro did less with 1st team.

I suppose if you were picking holes you could look at the McLaren part. Newcastle under McLaren were awful and most of the time looked devoid of skill or confidence, so Cathro's involvement in that would hardly be one to get excited about, but Benitez kept him on so obviously he saw something. Like other's on here I couldn't care less about who Hearts' next Pinocchio is.

Treadstone
06-12-2016, 11:24 AM
The state of that Austin MacPhee.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Where's Potter

Distancing himself to limit the claims of Cathro being a puppet.

Mikey09
06-12-2016, 12:48 PM

You're right.... Neither of them have guided their teams to major trophies so they are light years away from Lennon.

cleanyman
06-12-2016, 12:54 PM
Austin has had some rise.

Takes Cupar Hearts to their first Scottish Amatuer Cup Final in 50 years and at the same time starts his very successful coaching programme AMScoccer. A few of these players are doing well in set ups across Europe.

Joins Northern Ireland, rejects a role at the SFA and is now assistant at Hearts. Very highly thought of and I'm interested to see what he can do.

Waxy
06-12-2016, 12:59 PM
Where's Potter

Somewhere above with that wooden thingy with the strings.

bingo70
06-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Austin has had some rise.

Takes Cupar Hearts to their first Scottish Amatuer Cup Final in 50 years and at the same time starts his very successful coaching programme AMScoccer. A few of these players are doing well in set ups across Europe.

Joins Northern Ireland, rejects a role at the SFA and is now assistant at Hearts. Very highly thought of and I'm interested to see what he can do.

Cupar hearts though?

That's about a level above having a really good season on champ manager

cleanyman
06-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Cupar hearts though?

Its in his CV and everything

flash
06-12-2016, 01:20 PM
The pic on the Scotsman twitter page looks like one of those appeals for a missing teenager.
Budge is the distraught mum, Cathro the polis man without a clue and McPhee the dodgy stepdad who will eventually be convicted for the crime.

JimBHibees
06-12-2016, 01:28 PM
The pic on the Scotsman twitter page looks like one of those appeals for a missing teenager.
Budge is the distraught mum, Cathro the polis man without a clue and McPhee the dodgy stepdad who will eventually be convicted for the crime.

:faf::faf::not worth

Iain G
06-12-2016, 02:01 PM
Why does it take two guys to put some cones out and measure the height and altitude of the goalkeepers kicking?

Hiber-nation
06-12-2016, 02:03 PM

:thumbsup:

It's an old picture of Levein but he's working them from the back alright http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/ian-cathro-possibilities-are-limitless-at-hearts-1-4310116

flash
06-12-2016, 02:08 PM

It's an old picture of Levein but he's working them from the back alright http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/ian-cathro-possibilities-are-limitless-at-hearts-1-4310116

No doubt the boy in the background pic is something to do with World War 1. They can't help themselves.

Deansy
06-12-2016, 02:21 PM
As someone else has said, thanks to '30+ years of financial doping' with their totally unrealistic (and extraordinarily wishful thinking) if Cathro doesn't doesn't get immediate results, the Muppets will be on his back straight away. He might have a great CV but its mainly abroad where they DON'T play '100mph Football'- that and that its his first time in charge means it IS a gamble by Budge. It's not a huge Gamble as she seems to be the only one at the PBS who is actually realistic about their future and knows that deep-down, the average Muppet will continue to plow in their money to keep them going - and at the rates she's charging them, THAT'S the most important thing to her.

hibs0666
06-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Cupar hearts though?

I got a dog to take a massive dump in their centre circle once. Fond memory that.

CRAZYHIBBY
06-12-2016, 02:41 PM
I got a dog to take a massive dump in their centre circle once. Fond memory that.

She sounds like a keeper

CropleyWasGod
06-12-2016, 03:20 PM
She sounds like a keeper

Really?

WTF would a keeper be doing in the centre circle?

son of haggart
06-12-2016, 03:31 PM
She sounds like a keeper

If you think keepers are 'massive dumps in the centre circle' it might explain why Hibs have struggled in that department in recent years...

hibs0666
06-12-2016, 03:36 PM
She sounds like a keeper

Nah she had an aversion to cash machines and noisy banging.

BullsCloseHibs
06-12-2016, 03:39 PM

Gotta be Fats Levien

Diclonius
06-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Personally think Cathro is a great appointment for Hearts - one I'd have been very happy with if we had appointed him at the start of the season.

Still, hope he fails miserably.

lyonhibs
06-12-2016, 04:00 PM
Fair enough, if I were a Jambo I'd be happy with this. Infinitely more exciting and with more potential to be a great move for them than appointing any one of the creaking old dinosaurs that believe that he who yells loudest is the savviest manager.

I wish them nothing but dismal failure obviously.

Ozyhibby
06-12-2016, 04:04 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/dec/06/scottish-football-hearts-ian-cathro-sfa-malky-mackay?CMP=share_btn_tw
Murray is a yam prick but I agree with this article.

Canon Hannan
06-12-2016, 04:05 PM
Cathro loves technical football. Maybe Hearts will play football on the grass now? 😎

lyonhibs
06-12-2016, 04:08 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/dec/06/scottish-football-hearts-ian-cathro-sfa-malky-mackay?CMP=share_btn_tw

Just read that - a great article.

Anything that skewers that fat Hun mongrel Kris Boyd is fine by me.

Allant1981
06-12-2016, 04:41 PM

I cant remember a lot of people saying 2 years ago to sign a then 28 yr old coach, most folk havent even heard of him now never mind then

Flanny boy
06-12-2016, 04:48 PM
Looks like a yam' he'll fit in well!

Handsome chappy

heretoday
06-12-2016, 05:29 PM
He could be a huge success. He certainly talks a good game.
It's all about results. If the Hearts start dropping points we'll see what happens.

Thecat23
06-12-2016, 05:43 PM

Joking aside John Collins who has played the game here and abroad and tried to coach the way they do failed. I've no idea if Cathro will be good or bad but at 30 it's a huge task and Hearts are a big club in Scotland. I'd have taken him here but for me Lennon is proven so glad we have him.

Also both Collins and Cathro are meant to be terrible at man management, so only time will tell.

06-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Ewan Murray is a total arse. I'm not sure what the point of that article is. People shouldn't comment on Hearts managerial appointment? Plus Mackay hasn't even been appointed yet so he is judging a decision which hasn't been made.

He loves to belittle Scotland and Scottish football. He must be delighted a few no marks questioned the risky appointment at his beloved Hearts so he could wring his hands about it.

GTMRossaK3
06-12-2016, 06:09 PM
The state of that Austin MacPhee.

Looks like Neil Young's lovechild!!

green day
06-12-2016, 06:13 PM
Murray is a yam prick

I agree 😁

Golden Bear
06-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Hertz are in exactly the same position as us when it comes to managerial appointments. If this guy proves to be a big success then I guarantee he'll not see out his contract as the bigger Clubs will be sniffing around like bees round a honey pot.

bingo70
06-12-2016, 06:33 PM
Just read that - a great article.

Anything that skewers that fat Hun mongrel Kris Boyd is fine by me.

Disagree.

One of the countries biggest clubs has just appointed a 30 year old manager that was coaching u13s four years ago and never played at any level. That would raise eyebrows in every country in the world. He also ignores the fact there's also been a huge amount of support for the imagination shown with this appointment.

I agree with his concerns about Malky Mackay getting the job but other than that I thought it was nonsense.

green day
06-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Bingo70, you made a mistake in that - you forget to say that Murray is a jambo apologist prick who still loves an anti Hibs story.

If he's a journalist I'm a brain surgeon.

Keith_M
06-12-2016, 06:52 PM

When I look at that pic, I imagine Budge saying,

"my clients are innocent of all charges against them and I will defend them strongly when this comes to trial'

beensaidbefore
06-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Just heard them on the news. They talk a good game. Hopefully it doesn't materialise on the pitch.😧

emerald green
06-12-2016, 07:05 PM

The undateables. :jamboak:

barcahibs
06-12-2016, 07:05 PM
Could be a clever move by hertz, two guys who've never played football might really work at a club thats never played football either.

I do think they've missed a trick though, they could have got in two guys who'd never seen a game of football and that would have been an even better fit.

They could even have sat them in the new stand's executive boxes facing away from the pitch on matchdays.

They haven't thought it through.

johnbc70
06-12-2016, 07:18 PM

Brilliant

.Sean.
06-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Nicked and straight on my Facebook because that is a ****ing belter 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

where'stheslope
06-12-2016, 07:24 PM
I cant remember a lot of people saying 2 years ago to sign a then 28 yr old coach, most folk havent even heard of him now never mind then
Your heads in a bucket of sand?
He has been feted all over football for years, especially at Dundee United ( heard of them?) for his bringing through of technically gifted youngsters under the reign of Craig Levien, one now playing at the Yams Souttar!
Its one thing to not want them to have success, but don't make out he's a nobody when respected managers have seen what he can do and liked his way.

Allant1981
06-12-2016, 07:57 PM
Your heads in a bucket of sand?
He has been feted all over football for years, especially at Dundee United ( heard of them?) for his bringing through of technically gifted youngsters under the reign of Craig Levien, one now playing at the Yams Souttar!
Its one thing to not want them to have success, but don't make out he's a nobody when respected managers have seen what he can do and liked his way.

Where did i say he was a no body? But i can bet a huge amount of people will not have heard of him or tell you where he has coached, can you tell me exactly who all these technically gifted youngsters are and what top clubs they are playing at now? If we had signed him 2 years ago then there would have been a lot of unhappy fans

SuperAllyMcleod
06-12-2016, 08:18 PM
Just heard them on the news. They talk a good game. Hopefully it doesn't materialise on the pitch.[emoji47]

I agree and at least he seemed to have a sense of humour - more jokes than in Neilson's 3 years there.

It's maybe that he just can't believe his luck and wants to enjoy it until he gets found out [emoji4]

Gmack7
06-12-2016, 08:19 PM
We promoted a youngish joiner who wanted to go into management,he had been showing imitative and promise but the older more experienced men wouldn't take any notice of him,, just saying 😁

Jonnyboy
06-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Just heard them on the news. They talk a good game. Hopefully it doesn't materialise on the pitch.😧

Butcher talked a good game. Just sayin' :greengrin

Bostonhibby
06-12-2016, 08:31 PM
[emoji106] Talking head. My only thought on the subject.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
06-12-2016, 10:15 PM
There is a song in there somewhere. To the tune of Alice.
I can only think of the end line so far.
Cathro ,Cathro who the £u(k is Cathro.
Feel free to add your lyrics

HoboHarry
07-12-2016, 12:02 AM
Really?

WTF would a keeper be doing in the centre circle?
Remember that René Higuita? He was never oot o the bloody thing, the original sweeper keeper......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-flTPSSvCw

Swedish hibee
07-12-2016, 02:53 AM
I'm very worried they'll do well...

cocteautwin
07-12-2016, 05:18 AM

I wonder if any good Hibee would be able to help me out by posting something in the comments section of that article reminding Guardian readers of the crimes against charities by HMFC? It seems I've been pre-moderated by the writer of the article and any negative comments are not allowed by my good self. Might have something to do with my previous posting history at the bottom of Ewen Murray's articles :greengrin

Springbank
07-12-2016, 07:32 AM
I'm very worried they'll do well...In a normal football club, I might agreeHowever, this is the jumbos, after 30 years of financial doping and a support with:(1) a ludicrously high expectation level plus(2) an unhealthy obsession with hibsFactor in that hearts play a wounded rangers in cathro's first game (defeat very possible, tumble down the league continues)Then worse, for them, they have a 3 week break before a tricky cup tie vs raith away (rudi and machattie to knock them out?)While hibs go through vs Bonnyrigg roseHe's failing from the off

mjhibby
07-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Cathro loves technical football. Maybe Hearts will play football on the grass now? 😎

To play technical football you need technically skilled players. You know like Paterson and salmon and Houston we have a problem. I think it's a big gamble. Hell get away with 4th this season but can you really see Hertz finishing higher than that in the next couple of years. Me neither. Funny no journalists look into why neilsons went/pushed out.

Spike Mandela
07-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Isn't the most important thing in this appointment the fact he will come cheap?

Brightside
07-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Where did i say he was a no body? But i can bet a huge amount of people will not have heard of him or tell you where he has coached, can you tell me exactly who all these technically gifted youngsters are and what top clubs they are playing at now? If we had signed him 2 years ago then there would have been a lot of unhappy fans

A huge amount of our fans wouldn't even know our own coaches.

CRAZYHIBBY
07-12-2016, 08:54 AM
I watched an interview with cathro on YouTube and he seems like a very sensible guy .....i reckon he will be an excellent manager or coach or whatever they call him......im actually looking forward to see what he can do

greenlex
07-12-2016, 08:55 AM
Could be a clever move by hertz, two guys who've never played football might really work at a club thats never played football either.

I do think they've missed a trick though, they could have got in two guys who'd never seen a game of football and that would have been an even better fit.

They could even have sat them in the new stand's executive boxes facing away from the pitch on matchdays.

They haven't thought it through.

You don't need to have been a horse to be a jockey. I actually
Like that.:greengrin

Brightside
07-12-2016, 08:57 AM
You don't need to have been a horse to be a jockey. I actually
Like that.:greengrin

Its bang on too....all this he;s never played at any level therefore he can't manage a team...what a load of pish. You know certain ex-pros think they should be allowed to by-pass all the coaching badges as they already know the game. Utter bull. Most of them are clueless outside of their own Role on the park.

flash
07-12-2016, 09:20 AM
It's a sad day when the forum is full of posts abusing our own manager and praising whatever prize prick happens to be in charge of Hertz.

Hiber-nation
07-12-2016, 09:23 AM
Most folk seem to think they're either going to be geniuses or absolutely awful. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

If they were being appointed at Hibs I think I'd be quite excited, as would many others - however they're not so I hope they are an unmitigated disaster.

Peevemor
07-12-2016, 09:24 AM
It's a sad day when the forum is full of posts abusing our own manager and praising whatever prize prick happens to be in charge of Hertz.

Especially when they've yet to play a match under him.

Brightside
07-12-2016, 09:38 AM

Where are people abusing our manager? It is possible to have discussion without it all being about anti Hearts.

mjhibby
07-12-2016, 09:46 AM
Isn't the most important thing in this appointment the fact he will come cheap?

There wasn't a shortlist even. I just find the neilson out and cathro in episode very strange. Time will tell I suppose but certainly not an appointment to set the pulse racing.

flash
07-12-2016, 09:50 AM
Where are people abusing our manager? It is possible to have discussion without it all being about anti Hearts.

Not in my house it isn't.

LaMotta
07-12-2016, 01:26 PM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

I see somebody has pinched your line and its now flying about twitter with hundreds of retweets as well :greengrin

flash
07-12-2016, 01:51 PM
http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

I see somebody has pinched your line and its now flying about twitter with hundreds of retweets as well :greengrin

Hope I get royalties.

Irish Dave
07-12-2016, 02:23 PM
I watched an interview with the guy it kinda reminded me of this

https://youtu.be/OwDmg74rhCw

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Has he trotted out the "huuuuuuge club" pesh that the 400,000 like to self-pleasure themselves with yet?

mjhibby
07-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Not in my house it isn't.

That me chuckle. Me too.

jacomo
09-12-2016, 12:58 AM
Has this been posted yet?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38255366

He reminds of Tony Adams when he got his first managerial job. And he's rubbish.

I think Cathros head is in the clouds.

Pete
09-12-2016, 07:02 AM
Nicked and straight on my Facebook because that is a ****ing belter 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Aye, so I see as it's had a few shares by people I ken. At least you've acknowledged the source!:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2016, 08:00 AM
If he's such a good appointment, why did Milton Keynes not go for him?

Turkish Green
09-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Who does MacPhee remind me of? Is it that bloke of Shameless?

JimBHibees
09-12-2016, 01:38 PM
If he's such a good appointment, why did Milton Keynes not go for him?

Maybe they went to Kris Boyd for a character reference. :greengrin

bingo70
09-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Has this been posted yet?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38255366

He reminds of Tony Adams when he got his first managerial job. And he's rubbish.

I think Cathros head is in the clouds.

Yeah, I find him quite patronising and coming from someone as young as that I find that difficult to take.

Steven Pressley was another that wouldn't tire of telling you how good a coach he is and what good coaches do, actually transferring that into results is a different matter.

IMO a head coaches main job is to motivate the players, really good coaching drills at this level count for very little.

bingo70
09-12-2016, 05:48 PM
https://twitter.com/donaldsonespn/status/807249739318169600

I can't believe I'm just seeing this photo just now.

Now I'm no DBS but what the **** is that they're wearing? Surely when getting dressed in the morning they take into consideration what they're doing the rest of the day? My boss would go raj if I turned up looking like that, let alone being presented to the national media.

Joking aside I actually think it's pretty direspectful to make no effort whatsoever.

emerald green
09-12-2016, 06:02 PM

Now I'm no DBS but what the **** is that they're wearing? Surely when getting dressed in the morning they take into consideration what they're doing the rest of the day? My boss would go raj if I turned up looking like that, let alone being presented to the national media.

Joking aside I actually think it's pretty direspectful to make no effort whatsoever.

The gadge on the left. Looks like there's something splattered all over his t-shirt? The Yam look.

Hibby Bairn
09-12-2016, 07:37 PM

I think they are making a statement. Saying "we are not part of the usual establishment crowd"...."we will do (and wear) what we want". Really interesting to see how they get on. I hope they do well personally.

bingo70
09-12-2016, 07:48 PM
I think they are making a statement. Saying "we are not part of the usual establishment crowd"...."we will do (and wear) what we want". Really interesting to see how they get on. I hope they do well personally.

That's a brave last sentence....

Fwiw I hope they're an unmitigated disaster.

That said I think the way hearts are doing it is the right way to go with an experience DoF and an up an coming head coach in charge of the first team.

O'Rourke3
09-12-2016, 08:26 PM
Cathro is only there temporarily. He needs to fill out his CV and learning all about Route 1 and long crossfield punts will help get him a better job. He couldn't be in a better place to get the experience.

Wee Effen Bee
09-12-2016, 08:27 PM
This media - Hearts love-in in recent years is beginning to get right on my nerves. Apparently Hearts are, "...breaking the mould; adopting a new model; doing things differently and even reinventing Scottish football!" Everything from UNICEF; fans owning their club and appointing an exciting young coach/manager. I remember Hibs were said to be taking an almighty gamble with Stubbs as he was very young and inexperienced. Do Hertz have much better PR folk than us? Why was the fraudulent/thieving shenanigans of the club so poorly covered by the press but their new 'football model' is being lauded like the arrival of the new messiah?
Like everyone else, I have no idea how Cathro's appointment will pan out. Part of me wants him to do well to show others we do have talented young managers in Scotland...whereas, because of the Hearts connection, some of me wants him to fail spectacularly.

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Anyone seen Sutton winding up Craigan on BT about this? Craigan bit even more than Sutton thought he would by the looks of it.

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Anyone seen Sutton winding up Craigan on BT about this? Craigan bit even more than Sutton thought he would by the looks of it.

It was funny, both of them are a couple of fannys but i did laugh. :greengrin

bingo70
09-12-2016, 08:55 PM
It was funny, both of them are a couple of fannys but i did laugh. :greengrin

Funnily enough in this instance I agreed with Craigan.

emerald green
09-12-2016, 08:57 PM
I think they are making a statement.

Me too. They're saying "look at me, I'm a total bell end."

jacomo
09-12-2016, 09:17 PM

For the greater good?

If they really can bring a fresh, modern coaching ethos to Scottish football then all well and good, but can they deliver?

Any coach who starts talking about the next 20 years in the first day of his first job should set the alarm bells ringing. Cathro obviously believes he's destined for the top - but he's got to deliver at this level first.

He will need to be an exceptional coach to overcome his age and lack of experience.

Broken Gnome
09-12-2016, 09:27 PM

John McGlynn and that Jambo on the beach poster with the pie have never felt better about themselves.

Skol
09-12-2016, 09:52 PM

FFS. Cathro looks like your typical Vlad puppet in a jacket 2 sizes too small and trousers that fitted his big brother.

Macphee looks like he has just arrived after a heavy metal concert. The type of guy at school who had no idea what football was

Mibbes Aye
10-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Funnily enough in this instance I agreed with Craigan.

Craigan's an idiot.

When the whole shambles was going on about Steven Fletcher playing for Scotland, he came out on Sportsound saying Fletch wasn't just a bad professional, he was a bad human being - he literally said that. It was the worst radio I think I've ever heard. How he was never reproached for it is beyond me. Nevertheless he laid bare the extent of his intellect that night and it wasn't pretty to listen to.

I coach at youth level. The chat about Cathro from the SFA folk tends to be positive but it is clear he is seen as different.

From what I've picked up, it's all about attitude. He has ideas that very much challenge the status quo and I'd have to say I agree with him. His BoxSoccer programme is tremendous. His coaching ethos seems to be very analytical and evidence-based and essentially about making play work rather than deciding on a result and working back from there,if that makes sense.

The anecdote I remember is from when he was coaching at a young level, under-13s or thereabouts. He had a clear idea about how he wanted the team to play and the team to develop. Sticking to it meant the team were getting cuffed regularly, often by a high score and parents were getting upset (other coaches may recognise this :greengrin) but he was determined to stick with it. For those who make it to professional level, it's better to have had a few years concentrating on technique at that age, than being part of a team that won a medal. That's a very broad generalisation and I accept the need to learn competitiveness and nurturing a desire to win.

With his attitude I'm not surprised he went overseas. It's a damning indictment of our game that players can come here from elsewhere and impress, but our guys rarely can get a deal abroad, in fact rarely even think about abroad. Why are there not more Scottish players playing in European leagues (rhetorical question, clearly!)

I think they are a couple of goals down now to the the Huns and I would never wish Homfc success but I'm glad he is here.

Hopefully it shakes things up a bit.

Actually, it better shake things up a bit, otherwise Scottish football is doomed. We lost a chance when PLG was at Ibrox, arguably lost a chance ourselves with JC.

Our football should be better and it needs strong role models at club level to set the behaviours and norms for everyone else to adapt to.

Hibbyradge
10-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Sticking to it meant the team were getting cuffed regularly, often by a high score and parents

I have no knowledge of coaching generally, but I like the sound of that! 😂

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2016, 05:05 PM
I like this new guy already, he's managed to turn things completely around in a fortnight or so. :top marks

Bostonhibby
10-12-2016, 05:10 PM
I like this new guy already, he's managed to turn things completely around in a fortnight or so. :top marks

:agree: Just not launching the ball high enough. He's seemingly great on the lap top though, but I doubt the players will have a clue what he's on about.

emerald green
10-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Good start for the "dream team". :faf:

Springbank
10-12-2016, 06:55 PM
Good start for the "dream team". :faf:

They'll be looking forward to a brilliant game of Dungeons and dragons tonight, to help forget all about that ruffians game today

greenginger
10-12-2016, 07:29 PM
How have the grunts taken the performance over on Sickback ?

Neither me nor my old laptop have the stomach to pay a visit these days.

ancient hibee
10-12-2016, 07:31 PM
He can be the most wonderful coach with great new ideas but if he can't put the right team on the park he's doomed.

Pete
10-12-2016, 07:34 PM

They like the way he speaks so they're giving him the benefit of the doubt which is understandable as it's only his first game.

If performances don't improve against lesser sides I'm sure the knives will be out...and I think that's what will happen. Got spectacular failure written all over it.

Bostonhibby
10-12-2016, 07:36 PM

They're seemingly delighted with the Gorgie Guardiola today.

Quotes like " the guy is a class act" "It's all set up to succeed" and "he spoke really well after the game today".

Admittedly having someone that can speak this time around is a step in the right direction but it's real easy to see how Vlad got them to give him their cash before he disappeared.

Waxy
10-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Hope one of them says the word "moneyspinner" at some point.

green day
10-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Preston was on the radio today basically saying Tommy Wright wouldn't have taken the role, as it's "different" at Hearts. When pressed, he stated that it's Levein who is in charge, these guys are just the first team coaches.

I wonder what happens if it all goes breasts skywards? Pretty sure Levein won't be the one sacked.

So, decent coaches or not, they are effectively the fall guys if it goes wrong. Odd setup.

Gmack7
10-12-2016, 09:02 PM
Alad Jones has resurfaced at tynecastle

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2016, 09:18 PM
I think it's a good appointment for most teams, but potentially (hopefully) a disastrous one for Los Yambolinos. Cathro doesn't seem to fit the football philosophy and culture there. I believe that he has to change it, which takes a lot of time, and Yams, with their inflated sense of themselves through years of financial doping, are not patient. Or, he has to change to accommodate the percentage hoofball mentality. Either way, I fancy a lot of tears ahead.

A Yam mate was saying that they lacked the intensity of old, and speculated that the players might be caught in the cognitive dissonance of playing the game the traditional Hearts way, and Cathro's instructions.

A bold move by the Budgerigar, but I hope it backfires and they hit a bad run of results over the festive period.

mjhibby
10-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Preston was on the radio today basically saying Tommy Wright wouldn't have taken the role, as it's "different" at Hearts. When pressed, he stated that it's Levein who is in charge, these guys are just the first team coaches.

I wonder what happens if it all goes breasts skywards? Pretty sure Levein won't be the one sacked.

So, decent coaches or not, they are effectively the fall guys if it goes wrong. Odd setup.

Levein still insists he doesn't interfere in team selection and tactics yet the team bears all the hallmarks of a levein team. No decent manager would have taken the job under those circumstances and the new guy is already behind the 8 ball as queen budge demands a top three finish.

10-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Eagerly awaiting Ewan Murrays article about the brave new era of overhyped under qualified managers and how they are immune from criticism.

IWasThere2016
10-12-2016, 10:13 PM

:agree: Levein knows he can control Cathro. A duller man you'll struggle meet btw .. met him once and :yawn:

greenginger
15-12-2016, 03:04 PM
I see Brian Cormack, chairman of Foundation of Hearts and HOMFC director has resigned from both positions.

A falling out / lost interest / getting out of Dodge :confused:

bingo70
21-12-2016, 07:41 PM
Anyone noticed a change in attitude towards Cathro?

People I follow on twitter and hearts fans I know that were raving about his appointment are already commenting on his media appearances and how he comes across as a bit of a prick.

I think it's a mixture of being quite patronising and trying too hard but he's not coming across well.

If he doesn't turn round this form quickly I think the natives will turn on him quickly.

LithgaeHibby
21-12-2016, 07:46 PM
What was highly amusing was the amount of booing that I heard from the highlights of the second half of their Thistle match. They knew Thistle should have won that game. Doesn't take them long to turn.

Ryan69
21-12-2016, 09:34 PM
What was highly amusing was the amount of booing that I heard from the highlights of the second half of their Thistle match. They knew Thistle should have won that game. Doesn't take them long to turn.

Their fans now demand glory...and dont understand reality.

Just wait till they have to pay for their stand...lol

They dont do paying.

Danderhall Hibs
21-12-2016, 09:37 PM
Anyone noticed a change in attitude towards Cathro?

People I follow on twitter and hearts fans I know that were raving about his appointment are already commenting on his media appearances and how he comes across as a bit of a prick.

I think it's a mixture of being quite patronising and trying too hard but he's not coming across well.

If he doesn't turn round this form quickly I think the natives will turn on him quickly.

Definitely. Also heard rumours that the players aren't happy with him.

Hasn't impressed yet - they were expecting new methods and they've not seen much "innovation" yet. He's criticised them for not being good enough to do the drills - sounds a bit like the JC days.

I'm sure the papers will pick it up soon. Fingers crossed.

Ryan69
21-12-2016, 10:06 PM

Hasn't impressed yet - they were expecting new methods and they've not seen much "innovation" yet. He's criticised them for not being good enough to do the drills - sounds a bit like the JC days.

The thing they dont understand...He is not a manager!

ancient hibee
21-12-2016, 10:10 PM

Hasn't this spilled over from the Lennon thread:greengrin

northstandhibby
21-12-2016, 10:19 PM

Neither is he a Messiah, he's just a very Craig Levein little boy.

:greengrin

matty_f
21-12-2016, 10:29 PM

From what I've heard he's not an especially great head coach either.

I don't think it'll be long before stories start surfacing.

Bostonhibby
21-12-2016, 10:40 PM
From what I've heard he's not an especially great head coach either.

I don't think it'll be long before stories start surfacing.

Yep, they'll catch him hiding in the John Robertson "lounge" playing Pacman when he should be outside on the pitch seeing who can launch the ball the furthest / highest.

Ryan69
21-12-2016, 10:59 PM

Perfect for what they require then.

bingo70
23-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Bet they're really pissed off at him now.

SuperAllyMcleod
23-12-2016, 10:48 PM

Very good but I'm pretty sure the majority of the audience on .net won't get the reference as they are too young. Made me smile though [emoji3]

northstandhibby
23-12-2016, 10:59 PM
Very good but I'm pretty sure the majority of the audience on .net won't get the reference as they are too young. Made me smile though [emoji3]