PDA

View Full Version : January transfer window

Unseen work
05-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Is it just me that gets the feeling we are going to go all out this January with signings?

Previous years we have made good signings with stokes etc.

But I can see the board getting a bit nervy as we are joint too and feel the pressure and let Lennon go for it.

I really hope he has the right players in mind

Ozyhibby
05-12-2016, 12:18 AM
Is it just me that gets the feeling we are going to go all out this January with signings?

But I can see the board getting a bit nervy as we are joint too and feel the pressure and let Lennon go for it.

If we don't then we are gambling because the way things are just now I would say we have a 55% chance of winning the League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JK Rolling
05-12-2016, 12:21 AM
There may be the smallest of silver linings as far as the defeat at Tannadice is concerned in that the club realises that money needs to be spent/clever loan deals done during the January window in order to ensure promotion is automatic. The play offs are a lottery ticket to be avoided AT ALL COSTS.

DTS
05-12-2016, 12:23 AM
I think we'll get the players in that Lennon wants and that will be us going all out. If they're signings that make us as fans feel like they've went "all out" I'm not so sure! That being said I also think we will have at least one in before the window opens

H18 SFR
05-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Three in, three out.

Greenworld
05-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Whoever we sign / loan needs to ready to play not someone who might take 6 games to get match fit.
This makes it more difficult so hard cash needs to be spent I would be happy with two really good signings.
The pressure really is on.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
05-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Whoever we sign / loan needs to ready to play not someone who might take 6 games to get match fit.
This makes it more difficult so hard cash needs to be spent I would be happy with two really good signings.
The pressure really is on.

I agree and for me this rules out Kris Commons, Jermaine Pennant and Leon Osman although I realise he was probably wishful thinking.

We need players to hit the ground running and I would try to get an emergency loan in now.

Greenworld
05-12-2016, 09:57 AM
I agree and for me this rules out Kris Commons, Jermaine Pennant and Leon Osman although I realise he was probably wishful thinking.

We need players to hit the ground running and I would try to get an emergency loan in now.
Was forgetting the emergency loan route.
Yes I agree if we could get someone right now that would be great.
I am still of the belief a goalscorer is needed even though we have midfield injurys

calumhibee1
05-12-2016, 10:03 AM

What's the criteria for an emergency loan? I wouldn't have thought we're in an emergency position right now.

scoopyboy
05-12-2016, 10:12 AM
What's the criteria for an emergency loan? I wouldn't have thought we're in an emergency position right now.

There isn't one which makes it a joke, however we should be taking advantage of it in my opinion.

I would have tried to get Liam Henderson or GMS in for the trip to Tannadice.

Ozyhibby
05-12-2016, 10:24 AM
There isn't one which makes it a joke, however we should be taking advantage of it in my opinion.

I would have tried to get Liam Henderson or GMS in for the trip to Tannadice.

Friday night showed how much we miss Henderson. We have nobody who can hit a dead ball in any situation. Free kicks, corners and penalties were all dreadful all night and have been all season.

Ryan69
05-12-2016, 10:31 AM

Lets face it...our summer transfer activity was not exactly a sign of intent.

Without Stokes henderson...I really dont believe we would be champions,and they are now gone.

We need to push the boat out and get a couple of very descent signings for the final push,as another season in this league would be catastrophic in my opinion.

Big L
05-12-2016, 10:42 AM
Kris Commons and Jermaine Pennant don't excite me, I would like Hendo back, which appears to be on the cards, and I would pay whatever it takes to get Griff on loan till the end of the season. Going forward, I don't think he is in Rodgers plans, plus, he's not playing every week which is an absolute waste of a great talent. If I that wasn't on, I would try for Stevie May.

where'stheslope
05-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Lets face it...our summer transfer activity was not exactly a sign of intent.

Without Stokes henderson...I really dont believe we would be champions,and they are now gone.

We need to push the boat out and get a couple of very descent signings for the final push,as another season in this league would be catastrophic in my opinion.

Gut reation!!!
We have got to be frugal as well as astute with signings ie 3 out 3 in, no loanees for me, they are not Hibs players and they are not generally kept by the Club after the loan period so are not fully committed to the cause.
Spend £2 million and not make it up, we have accumulated debt and less chance of making it back, not ideal as parachute money will have stopped!!

Unseen work
05-12-2016, 11:39 AM
There are a lot of very good players sitting on the bench at spl teams who I think would jump at the chance of coming to us.

Gms
Miles storey
Peter pawlett

Would all add the pace and trickery we lack.

Hendo, as much as I love him I don't think we need him right now. I don't think he would add anything different to our game

Cod Boy
05-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Ciftci on loan from Celtic.

scoopyboy
05-12-2016, 12:37 PM
There are a lot of very good players sitting on the bench at spl teams who I think would jump at the chance of coming to us.

Gms
Miles storey
Peter pawlett

Hendo, as much as I love him I don't think we need him right now. I don't think he would add anything different to our game

I think we do need him right now, an emergency loan would take us through to the transfer window.

Without McGinn and Fyvie we need every bit of help in that area.

If we are going three at the back I would have no need for Bartley and Henderson would make the starting 11 each week in their absence.

GordonHFC
05-12-2016, 12:53 PM
I think we do need him right now, an emergency loan would take us through to the transfer window.

Without McGinn and Fyvie we need every bit of help in that area.

If we are going three at the back I would have no need for Bartley and Henderson would make the starting 11 each week in their absence.

Agreed. The boy can cross a ball and that is something we have been sadly lacking in recent weeks.

Albanian Hibs
05-12-2016, 01:04 PM
We need to get out of this league this season so we need to spend big in january.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-12-2016, 08:24 PM

Gms
Miles storey
Peter pawlett

He would add an amazing dead ball delivery which can literally be the difference between defeat and victory, see Hampden in May as proof. He adds spark and creativity that we are seriously missing and he can come on and change a game, again see the cup final and 1-1 draw away to Falkirk last January. Can't remember anyone coming on and taking a hold of a game like that in a long long time.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Gut reation!!!
We have got to be frugal as well as astute with signings ie 3 out 3 in, no loanees for me, they are not Hibs players and they are not generally kept by the Club after the loan period so are not fully committed to the cause.
Spend £2 million and not make it up, we have accumulated debt and less chance of making it back, not ideal as parachute money will have stopped!!

Claros
Griffiths
Stokes
Henderson

4 recent examples of loanees that were fully committed to the cause. Sign the right guy and it works. Sign clowns like Matt Doherty and it obviously doesn't.

Brightside
05-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Agreed. The boy can cross a ball and that is something we have been sadly lacking in recent weeks.

TBH Henderson crossing was very poor for most of the season. Keatings is the best dead ball player - we really need him back.

Shrekko
05-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Keatings is the best dead ball player - we really need him back.

He is- I nearly fell off my seat at the post above saying set pieces have been poor this season. Keatings delivery is outstanding.

Jonnyboy
05-12-2016, 09:10 PM
TBH Henderson crossing was very poor for most of the season. Keatings is the best dead ball player - we really need him back.

:agree:

eastmainsmsh
05-12-2016, 10:09 PM
Danny Swanson and Liam Henderson Stokes back on loan

AgentDaleCooper
05-12-2016, 10:13 PM
did someone say leigh is coming home? :hyper

SteveHFC
05-12-2016, 10:15 PM

:hyper

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-12-2016, 10:31 PM

Celtic after Jordan Rhodes [emoji848]

Nicho87
05-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Shoot me down in flames, Scott Allan on 6 month loan and Henderson on a long term deal would be splendid.

ancient hibee
05-12-2016, 10:59 PM
Gut reation!!!
I was at this game in Glasgow in May and a couple of loanees seemed pretty well committed that day.

northstandhibby
05-12-2016, 11:06 PM
Danny Swanson and Liam Henderson Stokes back on loan

That would be just amazing to see they three or even two out of the three arriving. Make it happen Rod and Leanne!

:aok:

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-12-2016, 11:20 PM
Got a feeling Hendo will be back where he belongs next month.

Out the picture at Celtic and wi them planning on signing the American boy plus others they're clearly planning a future without him

Greenworld
06-12-2016, 07:19 AM
Kerrydale site has some comments suggesting LG might gk out on loan

Big L
06-12-2016, 09:16 AM
Lennon has said that they will do something special at the break, a long the lines of the Stokes deal last year. I said earlier that I don't think Leigh is in Rodgers plans going forward. Theirs also a rumour that Celtic want McGinn and are prepared to deal at the break and leave him with us till next season, don't know if their is anything in this, but this might be the last chance for a long time to bring Leigh home.

Smartie
06-12-2016, 09:39 AM
It's tough to get good permanent signings in January but imo it is the time to get excellent loan signings.

We have a specific remit - we MUST get up, so I could see some very good loan signings coming in in January to help us achieve this.

I won't be slashing my wrists if they don't join permanently, and let's face it - it'll be a big ask to get players to commit to us long-term (even our own) if there's still a doubt over which league we're playing in next season.

keep the faith
06-12-2016, 09:58 AM
Shoot me down in flames, Scott Allan on 6 month loan and Henderson on a long term deal would be splendid.

No shooting down from me. Would love to see Allan in this current side.

Enough said
06-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Lennon has said that they will do something special at the break, a long the lines of the Stokes deal last year. I said earlier that I don't think Leigh is in Rodgers plans going forward. Theirs also a rumour that Celtic want McGinn and are prepared to deal at the break and leave him with us till next season, don't know if their is anything in this, but this might be the last chance for a long time to bring Leigh home.

What a load of nonsense regarding mcginn....

Big L
06-12-2016, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't want to lose him, one thing for sure, we will sell McGinn! I heard this particular rumour from a football scout, he said the deal included Commons and Henderson.

Brightside
06-12-2016, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't want to lose him, one thing for sure, we will sell McGinn! I heard this particular rumour from a football scout, he said the deal included Commons and Henderson.

SJM isn't going anywhere this season.

Ozyhibby
06-12-2016, 11:58 AM
I don't think Allan can play for another club this season. I think 2 per season is the max

Greenworld
06-12-2016, 12:03 PM
I respectively suggest that when JM moves there will be more clubs that just celtic interested which will hopefully bring in funds that will transform the level of player we can attract.

The_Horde
06-12-2016, 12:28 PM
I don't think Allan can play for another club this season. I think 2 per season is the max

Seperate FA's though, is normally fine.

My_Wife_Camille
06-12-2016, 12:33 PM

He hasn't actually played for Celtic this season though. Not sure if that counts

Ozyhibby
06-12-2016, 12:51 PM
He hasn't actually played for Celtic this season though. Not sure if that counts
Your probably correct. I'm not sure of the actual rule. I would welcome him back if he was available.

Hamish
06-12-2016, 12:59 PM
Reading his comments online it would appear he is trying to get someone in this week so would be an emergency loan or an out of contract.

JDHibs
06-12-2016, 01:04 PM
I love these types of threads, just shows you how unrealistic somes fans expectations are and how out of touch they really are.

People seriously think Griffiths would come back? Scored 40 goals last season? Honestly. Have a word with yourself.

J-C
06-12-2016, 01:18 PM
I was at this game in Glasgow in May and a couple of loanees seemed pretty well committed that day.

Difference with Stokes and Henderson is they have a connection to Hibs, Henderson through family and Stokes being an ex player here before.

J-C
06-12-2016, 01:23 PM
Reading his comments online it would appear he is trying to get someone in this week so would be an emergency loan or an out of contract.

It may be the Italian guy Rossi who he's asked to come in to train with us.

Callum_62
06-12-2016, 01:41 PM

what comments?

Hamish
06-12-2016, 01:46 PM
what comments?

He is quoted in the DR (I know) that he doesn't know if he can, but will be trying to get someone in.

SteveHFC
06-12-2016, 03:02 PM
It may be the Italian guy Rossi who he's asked to come in to train with us.

Would be a good signing.

Hamish
06-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Could be the lad currently playing for u20's. Enzo Reale.

SteveHFC
06-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Could be the lad currently playing for u20's. Enzo Reale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzo_Reale

Big_Franck
06-12-2016, 03:25 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-hand-trial-to-french-midfielder-enzo-reale-1-4310312

SRHibs
06-12-2016, 03:47 PM
What a name! Sign him up.

Diclonius
06-12-2016, 04:38 PM
FM2016 classes him as an attacking centre mid. Henderson-esque type of player?

The Leith Dutch
06-12-2016, 05:27 PM

Is that an opinion or do you have any insider knowledge?
I know nothing but as I understand he's a celtic fan so seems a reasonable connection to make.....

Smartie
06-12-2016, 05:29 PM
McGinn was always going to be linked with Celtic at some point.

emerald green
06-12-2016, 06:52 PM
Liam Henderson is not in the Celtic squad for tonight's game against Manchester City.

City have 16 year old Phil Foden in their squad for tonight.

Ronniekirk
06-12-2016, 07:09 PM
Liam Henderson is not in the Celtic squad for tonight's game against Manchester City.

City have 16 year old Phil Foden in their squad for tonight.

Henderson wants a permanent deal though unless we get him pn loan with view to permanent signing if we go up

emerald green
06-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Henderson wants a permanent deal though unless we get him pn loan with view to permanent signing if we go up

If Hibs can get Liam Henderson in, whether it's on a long term contract (that would be my preference) or on a short term loan, they should do so IMO.

The money needs to be made available, one way or another, because the longer term financial consequences of not winning promotion this season for the club would be far worse.

That said, it's a big if.

Unseen work
07-12-2016, 12:26 PM
I like hendo here, I really did.

But I really think people are overrating him now he's gone, especially his delivery.

We had the same problems last years in terms of breaking teams down, when he was in the team.

Folk were moaning about delivery last year, except from one day in particular.

I would like him back, but he can't be our main focus. We need pace in wide areas and better delivery from those areas

matty_f
07-12-2016, 12:32 PM

But I really think people are overrating him now he's gone, especially his delivery.

We had the same problems last years in terms of breaking teams down, when he was in the team.

I would like him back, but he can't be our main focus. We need pace in wide areas and better delivery from those areas

I agree with this to a large degree.

What I would add though, is that bringing Henderson back in means we have someone who was very popular with the rest of the squad back into an environment where the team enjoyed significant success.

The team had a great bond last season, and Henderson was integral to that - there is a lot to be said for bringing him back for that as much as his footballing ability.

Henderson's work rate and passion for the game was infectious as well, I am of the opinion that he should be a priority signing if it was at all possible.

Unseen work
07-12-2016, 12:38 PM
I agree with this to a large degree.

What I would add though, is that bringing Henderson back in means we have someone who was very popular with the rest of the squad back into an environment where the team enjoyed significant success.

The team had a great bond last season, and Henderson was integral to that - there is a lot to be said for bringing him back for that as much as his footballing ability.

Henderson's work rate and passion for the game was infectious as well, I am of the opinion that he should be a priority signing if it was at all possible.

100%

Hendo is a great player, who has a lot of potential.

I would like hibs to sign a player of his ability.

But my fear is a lot of fans think we only need him, and imo if we were to only get him not a lot would change in our style of play

ahibby
07-12-2016, 12:46 PM

I hope I wasn't the one who started the rumour re McGinn when I said I could seem him being a replacement for Brown when he retires. I meant in a few seasons time, not next season and it was only an opinion.

Diclonius
07-12-2016, 01:10 PM
I hope I wasn't the one who started the rumour re McGinn when I said I could seem him being a replacement for Brown when he retires. I meant in a few seasons time, not next season and it was only an opinion.

Alternatively, I wouldn't be surprised if Celtic offer cash + Brown for McGinn in a couple years.

Smartie
07-12-2016, 01:22 PM

He's not the answer to all of our problems but he'd be part of the solution to a few of the problems we've got.

We know all about his "delivery" from set-pieces. We'd started to score a lot of goals from set pieces at the end of last season - given we've got Hanlon, McGregor, Holt and others up there who carry a big threat we don't score nearly enough from these.

I used to like the way he'd make a yard of space and get a good cross in from out wide. No, he didn't skin players with pace but he was good at turning a fairly innocuous situation into a dangerous one with a drop of the shoulder. We've got a bigger threat from crosses into the box this season (or at least we should do) with Graham or Holt being in there, so I could see more goals coming our way from those situations.

He hits a good free-kick.

I also think he's a big game player - I think we toil a bit against the likes of Dundee United and Falkirk. I think he has that bit of quality that is needed to break down teams who put men behind the ball but are a bit better at it than the rest.

I'd also imagine he'd be fit, hungry and ready to hit the ground running.

emerald green
08-12-2016, 06:43 PM
Story in tonight's EEN regarding Kris Commons coming to Hibs. Maybe?

No way is he match fit though. On £20,000 a week. Allegedly.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-eye-celtic-s-kris-commons-in-bid-to-strengthen-title-tilt-1-4312674

neil7908
08-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Story in tonight's EEN regarding Kris Commons coming to Hibs. Maybe?

No way is he match fit though. On £20,000 a week. Allegedly.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-eye-celtic-s-kris-commons-in-bid-to-strengthen-title-tilt-1-4312674

Interesting, where would he fit into the team? Would he not be taking Shinnie's position?

No doubt about his quality but 33 now and severely lacking in match fitness.

I would be happy with him but we need width.

Unseen work
08-12-2016, 07:29 PM
Not signing the French centre mid

HoboHarry
08-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Not signing the French centre mid
Where you getting that information from?

Unseen work
08-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Where you getting that information from?

Just been posted on the Edinburgh evening news website mate

Nicho87
08-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Interesting, where would he fit into the team? Would he not be taking Shinnie's position?

No doubt about his quality but 33 now and severely lacking in match fitness.

I would be happy with him but we need width.

Plenty of width if we signed Commons.

West lower
08-12-2016, 07:41 PM
Plenty of width if we signed Commons.

Aye. On his erse.

Brightside
08-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Aye. On his erse.

He's a better player than anything we have right now.

Billy Whizz
08-12-2016, 07:45 PM

Was, is he still now though

Brightside
08-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Was, is he still now though

Hopefully we will find out. I would have him just for dead ball deliveries! :greengrin

Unseen work
08-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Commons would be very good for us but not out wide.

Would be playing just behind the striker imo.

Main difference with him is his finishing from up to 25 yards and his set piece taking

West lower
08-12-2016, 07:51 PM

So is Stokes, but it took him weeks to get up to speed. I would just be concerned that it might be the same for Commons, and we need instant impact players this season. If it's true then fingers crossed.

shetlandhibee
08-12-2016, 07:51 PM
:top marks:agree:
Commons would be very good for us but not out wide.

Would be playing just behind the striker imo.

Main difference with him is his finishing from up to 25 yards and his set piece taking

Billy Whizz
08-12-2016, 08:09 PM
Hopefully we will find out. I would have him just for dead ball deliveries! :greengrin

He's good with them. Don't you think we someone who will hit the ground running in January. Good as he is, Commons would be a risk

emerald green
08-12-2016, 08:46 PM
Any loan signing is a bit of a risk IMO. Match fitness might be an issue initially with Commons, but surely a proven player like him should be able to do decent job for Hibs, at this level, fairly quickly once match fitness has been built up. The squad is desperately short of numbers in midfield. Ultimately it's a judgement call for Neil Lennon (if terms can be agreed).

It's interesting to note that a reason given for not signing Enzo Reale is that Hibs had concerns about his readiness to be "thrown into the mix immediately" (quote in EEN).

Presumably, if Commons is coming in on loan there are no such similar concerns?

SouthMoroccoStu
08-12-2016, 09:05 PM
It's interesting to note that the a reason given for not signing Enzo Reale is that Hibs had concerns about his readiness to be "thrown into the mix immediately" (quote in EEN).

Presumably, if Commons is coming in on loan there are no such similar concerns?

Got to hope it can be read this way

Lennon will still have a lot of communication with Celtic so he'll know what happening regarding Commons fitness

Like many others have said, he'll provide a clear threat from corners, freekicks and the midfield while pushing us forward

matty_f
08-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Should peak just in time for the cup final. Sign him!

Callum_62
08-12-2016, 09:54 PM
Seems 23 year old Finnish Winger/Striker Nikolai Alho has impressed while on trial.
Discussions have taken place on a financial package but any deal is unlikely to be done, if at all, before Saturday's game. #FansNews

Unseen work
08-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Seems 23 year old Finnish Winger/Striker Nikolai Alho has impressed while on trial.
Discussions have taken place on a financial package but any deal is unlikely to be done, if at all, before Saturday's game. #FansNews

He is a singer, scores great free kicks and can do a backflip.

whats not to like :greengrin

cammy1969
08-12-2016, 11:12 PM
We need pace and proper width from guys who can cross a ball from open play. We've not had this for 2 half years asking 2 fullback to do this is not the answer and never will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

007 Mickey Weir
08-12-2016, 11:14 PM

He is contracted until 31st Dec. So can't play until Jan

Big L
08-12-2016, 11:47 PM
In the past, Commons has been a good player for Celtic, the problem as I see it is that he has not played since April. That's 8/9 months out, I have to wonder how long it will take to get him up to speed, if he ever does. He is injury prone and looks like he has a bit of a weight problem. He's on £20k a week, so from a cash point, how can this work? other than for Celtic to pay him off and he accepts £3k a week from us. I have said previously that I would not touch this deal.

J-C
08-12-2016, 11:53 PM
He is contracted until 31st Dec. So can't play until Jan

He's a free agent but his contract expired 15/11/16 which is outwith our window, I don't know the exact rules regarding this.

Mikey09
09-12-2016, 01:07 AM

Now this is the type of signing we should be making. Spoke to a development player and he says this boy is very good.

Ozyhibby
09-12-2016, 06:54 AM
In the past, Commons has been a good player for Celtic, the problem as I see it is that he has not played since April. That's 8/9 months out, I have to wonder how long it will take to get him up to speed, if he ever does. He is injury prone and looks like he has a bit of a weight problem. He's on £20k a week, so from a cash point, how can this work? other than for Celtic to pay him off and he accepts £3k a week from us. I have said previously that I would not touch this deal.

Is he injury prone? I've never thought of him as injury prone.

JDHibs
09-12-2016, 08:09 AM
Alho is away back to Finland.

Not our first choice signing.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Alho is away back to Finland.

Not our first choice signing.

Hmmmmm interesting

Any idea who is the number 1 target JDHibs?

California-Hibs
09-12-2016, 08:54 AM
Is he injury prone? I've never thought of him as injury prone.

It's nonsense. He's not injury prone.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-12-2016, 08:59 AM
Not sure that the concerns about Commons are to do with injuries but more to do with his fitness levels. If we signed a player today the expectation should be that he is able to start and last tomorrow.

easty
09-12-2016, 09:41 AM
Not sure that the concerns about Commons are to do with injuries but more to do with his fitness levels. If we signed a player today the expectation should be that he is able to start and last tomorrow.

How likely is it for us to sign someone who's match fit in January? If it's someone who's been playing for his current team then it's unlikely he'd be available (on loan or free anyway). It's going to be someone not getting a game at their current team, so they're no likely to be match fit straight away.

California-Hibs
09-12-2016, 09:58 AM

I'm honestly of the opinion that a 70% Commons would give us more than we currently have in midfield. I'd have no problems with him playing not fully fit. The guys dead ball ability and ability to move the ball in tight situations is second to none and he'd be the best at the club in those situations.
We'd be EXTREMELY lucky to get him if we pull it off.

Ozyhibby
09-12-2016, 11:22 AM
I'm honestly of the opinion that a 70% Commons would give us more than we currently have in midfield. I'd have no problems with him playing not fully fit. The guys dead ball ability and ability to move the ball in tight situations is second to none and he'd be the best at the club in those situations.
We'd be EXTREMELY lucky to get him if we pull it off.

That's where I am. It's not like he was a speedster at 25 anyway. As far as I know he is fit and training with Celtics first team.

StevieT
09-12-2016, 12:57 PM
How likely is it for us to sign someone who's match fit in January? If it's someone who's been playing for his current team then it's unlikely he'd be available (on loan or free anyway). It's going to be someone not getting a game at their current team, so they're no likely to be match fit straight away.

It could be that we are going to sign someone on a pre contract for the summer. Sometimes you can then agree to take the player during the January window for a nominal fee. This type of player would be match fit and ready to go (Danny Swanson at St J as an example)

Aldo
10-12-2016, 07:40 AM
Swanson rumour is Defo doing the rounds up Perth way. A Saints supporting colleague reckons this is a goer with Swanson on his travels once the Jan transfer window opens.

Gmack7
10-12-2016, 07:55 AM
Swanson rumour is Defo doing the rounds up Perth way. A Saints supporting colleague reckons this is a goer with Swanson on his travels once the Jan transfer window opens.

A midfielder playing every week at the top of his game and scoring regularly. Yes please

Aldo
10-12-2016, 08:47 AM
I honestly don't care who we sign as long as they help us get promoted.

Would be happy with Swanson though.

Ronniekirk
10-12-2016, 01:12 PM
I honestly don't care who we sign as long as they help us get promoted.

Would be happy with Swanson though.

Its the only rumour Lennon has gone put his way to Quash but maybe Swanson himself is making it know he would be up for the move

Phil MaGlass
10-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Aye. On his erse.

hahaha nearly spat ma tea oot :greengrin

so are we aboot tae sign Stokes, Henderson Swanson and Commons

greenpaper55
10-12-2016, 02:29 PM
A midfielder playing every week at the top of his game and scoring regularly. Yes please

Not playing this week !

Frazerbob
10-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Henderson at the game again today.

Gmack7
10-12-2016, 08:25 PM
Not playing this week !

Was he injured or dropped?

trev the hat
10-12-2016, 08:31 PM

Injured

w pilton hibby
10-12-2016, 08:36 PM

Sure they said on Sportsound that he was out injured for 6 to 8 weeks.

Borderhibbie76
10-12-2016, 08:48 PM
In that case he will deffo sign for us then 😂😂🙈🙈

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

trev the hat
10-12-2016, 09:08 PM

Out for 10 days I heard. Just a knock.

Leith's finest
10-12-2016, 09:50 PM
If we go for DS i hope he does better than the last scoring midfielder from the saints

Billy Whizz
10-12-2016, 09:54 PM
If we go for DS i hope he does better than the last scoring midfielder from the saints

Who would walk into our current team, shows you how far back we've gone

erin go bragh
10-12-2016, 09:56 PM
hahaha nearly spat ma tea oot :greengrin

so are we aboot tae sign Stokes, Henderson Swanson and Commons

Well that's the Scottish cup retained. 🇳🇬🏆:)

Mikey09
10-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Would like to see us sign 2 flying machines down the wings. An ainsworth type player who can go past a player with genuine pace and whip balls into the box. Someone like O Halloran. We need to be able to mix it up as I fear we're a wee bit to predictable at times. Wingers with pace frighten the life out of full backs and you can actually push teams back with just having them in your team. This to me is our priority.

eastmainsmsh
11-12-2016, 12:21 PM
Dod samaras

Eyrie
11-12-2016, 05:35 PM
dud samaras

Ftfy .

CorrieHibs
14-12-2016, 08:27 AM
Dundee United looking to bring in Nadir Ciftc. He'd score goals in this league.

Last Minute
14-12-2016, 08:41 AM
Henderson will be here in January and will be ours for keeps :wink:

Heisenberg
14-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Henderson will be here in January and will be ours for keeps :wink:

You are usually spot on as well. Would be a tremendous signing.

Marco G
14-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Dundee United looking to bring in Nadir Ciftc. He'd score goals in this league.
He is in such good form that he has played twice this season, against Lincoln Red Imps then never been seen again! Think he is a busted flush.

Big L
14-12-2016, 09:52 AM
I can only hope that Ciftci would think he is to good to play in the championship, which he is, hopefully he will be looking elsewhere!

jacomo
14-12-2016, 09:56 AM
Ciftci has had a bit of a nightmare at Celtc, but was useful at the Arabs.

More reason to think he'd score goals for us than, say, Samaras.

Think it's pretty unlikely he'd join us though.

Marco G
14-12-2016, 10:00 AM
Ciftci has had a bit of a nightmare at Celtc, but was useful at the Arabs.

More reason to think he'd score goals for us than, say, Samaras.

Think it's pretty unlikely he'd join us though.
Its Utd that he is being touted for! Did little in Turkey last season and nothing t his season.

Billy Whizz
14-12-2016, 10:26 AM
Its Utd that he is being touted for! Did little in Turkey last season and nothing t his season.

If you look at his scoring record at United, hardly prolific

Paloschi
14-12-2016, 11:08 AM

Ripped us a new one when they beat us at easter road under Butcher.

Think it Finished 1-3.

supermcginn
14-12-2016, 11:21 AM

33 goals in two seasons in the league above ours suggests otherwise, quality player and I hope they dont get him!

GloryGlory
14-12-2016, 12:17 PM
http://www.centralfifetimes.com/sport/thebluebrazil/14965024.Sneddon_trains_with_Hibs_this_week/

Young goalie from Cowdebeath training with Hibs - could sign in January according to article.

Unseen work
14-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Scott Allan is back with Celtic going by his instagram....

H18 SFR
14-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Scott Allan is back with Celtic going by his instagram....

He definitely is, I personally don't want him at ER but I'm sure some would.

Billy Whizz
14-12-2016, 12:38 PM

As he was on loan at Rotherham, can he go out on loan again in Jan?

Unseen work
14-12-2016, 12:40 PM

I would take him in a heartbeat

Nicho87
14-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Scott Allan to Hibs would be a no brainer imo.

Hibernia&Alba
14-12-2016, 07:43 PM

I'd much prefer Henderson.

3pm
14-12-2016, 08:10 PM
As he was on loan at Rotherham, can he go out on loan again in Jan?

Did Cathro ever work with Allan?

jacomo
14-12-2016, 08:31 PM

It would be brainless.

Let the zombies have him.

Ryan69
14-12-2016, 08:41 PM

Caused trouble everywhere he's gone mate....no thanks.

I still can't believe we got the deal we did for him....as he has done f all since.

brog
14-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Caused trouble everywhere he's gone mate....no thanks.

I still can't believe we got the deal we did for him....as he has done f all since.

What trouble did he cause at Portsmouth, MKD, Birmingham, Celtic & Rotherham? He fell out with grumpy Houston at Dundee U, that's fine by me, & at ER he was tapped up by his boyhood heroes, offered 3 times his money & persuaded to put in a transfer request. If he'd been a Hibs supporter playing for say Dunfermline & wanting to join us we'd have been cheering him on! He was a great player for us 1st time around & he was very popular with his teammates. I can't see him returning but his creativity would be a huge bonus to our current team.

offshorehibby
14-12-2016, 09:29 PM
We are never going to get the Scott Allen we had had when he was at his best with Hibs so a no from me.

keep the faith
14-12-2016, 09:31 PM

We should be making a move IMO

Big L
16-12-2016, 07:08 PM
Hibs News Now saying Hibs keen to bring in Christie and Henderson at the break. That would be awesome!

Dashing Bob S
16-12-2016, 08:21 PM
Hibs News Now saying Hibs keen to bring in Christie and Henderson at the break. That would be awesome!

Are we allowed to sign players that aren't from Celtic?

Big L
16-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Lennon signed five players, none from Celtic until today. I suppose having had Stubbs and Lennon as managers it was always going to be the way of things. Under Rodgers Celtic look to be heading towards a different level altogether and I'm happy for Hibs to get a couple of really talented players from them that are surplus to their requirements.

steakbake
16-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Are we allowed to sign players that aren't from Celtic?

If they play a decent game and offer something decent, I'll take them from anywhere.

Dashing Bob S
16-12-2016, 08:37 PM
If they play a decent game and offer something decent, I'll take them from anywhere.

It's the best place to go for players in Scotland. They have the money to run a huge squad, many of whom they will never use. Basically, any talented youngster going there is silly, as they'll just end up at Hibs, Hearts, A'deen or United, but waste a few good years when they should be learning.

Henderson has wasted half a season, and is smart enough to look at his career in totality. That's why I think he'll be back at Hibs rather than waste more time.

silverhibee
16-12-2016, 08:45 PM

If that was to happen then be assured McGinn would be going along the M8 to Celtc.

hibsboy69
16-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Stokesy to Hibs in January (I am told). :aok:

MrSmith
16-12-2016, 08:58 PM

Haha good try!

SteveHFC
16-12-2016, 10:27 PM

northstandhibby
16-12-2016, 10:42 PM

Me too. I love Stokesy. His first goal in the final will live in my mind forever just sublime. Like Keith Keith Keith Wrights two goals in the semi of the Skol cup when mickey laid it on for his header against the huns and his goal in the final when he planted it in the bottom left corner. Some goals just have that effect like Geebsie against the yams, Sauzees 22 yarder at swiney and Russels goal of course.

Keith's goal against the Huns is up there as my favourite goal of all time because of the very dark period we had come through then. Seems hard to believe but Sir Tom Farmer stayed on and under his time we also lifted the Scottish Cup. :not worth

Jim44
17-12-2016, 12:00 PM

If Commons loan is extended in January are we not limited to only one more Celtic player?

bigwheel
17-12-2016, 12:03 PM
If Commons loan is extended in January are we not limited to only one more Celtic player?

Yes. But expectation is that Hendo could be a permanent move

Marco G
17-12-2016, 01:28 PM
If that was to happen then be assured McGinn would be going along the M8 to Celtc.
If it was to happen it could be that John McGinn might be out a bit longer than hoped. But do I think you are right that we would sell him now, no way jose.

stevie-bee
17-12-2016, 02:27 PM
Tam McManus said on Twitter hibs will make another 2 massive signings

J-C
17-12-2016, 03:17 PM

Zeefuik and Nade are both massive

SouthMoroccoStu
17-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Did he hint who they could be?

Col2
17-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Did he hint who they could be?

No he hasn't said, yet.

Iceman1875
17-12-2016, 04:15 PM
I don't have a problem taking players from Celtic. They're the best team in Scotland and have some great talent.

We seem to have a decent business relationship with them - long may it continue.

£3m+ for SJM though!

Unseen work
17-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Cummings on the bench again.

He will be off in January

Big L
21-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Hibs apparently talking to A Villa about Andre Green 19yr old winger.

bingo70
22-12-2016, 07:16 AM

Interesting, is that in a paper or just something you've heard?

Heisenberg
22-12-2016, 07:42 AM

Posted on twitter by an extremely unreliable twitter account. Not seen it reported anywhere else.

Iain G
22-12-2016, 08:36 AM
Paddy McCourt now a free agent, did he play for Lennon at Celtic? :wink::greengrin

J-C
22-12-2016, 08:44 AM

Posted on twitter by an extremely unreliable twitter account. Not seen it reported anywhere else.

Left winger, a position desperately needing filled.

CapitalGreen
22-12-2016, 09:45 AM
Paddy McCourt now a free agent, did he play for Lennon at Celtic? :wink::greengrin

Released from his contract to be with his partner who has been diagnosed with cancer.

Betty Boop
22-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Released from his contract to be with his partner who has been diagnosed with cancer.

Aw thats terrible news for him, such a shame.