PDA

View Full Version : Help Hibs Help the Less Fortunate this Christmas

Pretty Boy
04-12-2016, 01:06 PM
As most will have seen Hibs along with the Hibernian Community Foundation are throwing the doors of Easter Road open this Christmas Day to give those less fortunate a good meal and some Christmas cheer.

To help make this happen several members of staff at Hibs have commited to running/walking/cycling 5K a day to raise funds. The link to support this was posted on another thread but it may have been missed so here it is again:

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/gamechangerchristmas

northstandhibby
04-12-2016, 05:05 PM
As most will have seen Hibs along with the Hibernian Community Foundation are throwing the doors of Easter Road open this Christmas Day to give those less fortunate a good meal and some Christmas cheer.

To help make this happen several members of staff at Hibs have commited to running/walking/cycling 5K a day to raise funds. The link to support this was posted on another thread but it may have been missed so here it is again:

Link not working. Could you re-post it please?

Cheers.

'Cancel that it is now for some reason on this post.'

Pretty Boy
05-12-2016, 12:36 PM
Bump. Still a fair bit to go to hit the target folks.

Seveno
05-12-2016, 12:45 PM

Thanks for posting this. A very worthy cause.

Smartie
05-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to volunteer to help out at this?

I wouldn't mind doing a few hours on Christmas day this year - this would be as good a place as any to do it.

High-On-Hibs
05-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to volunteer to help out at this?

I wouldn't mind doing a few hours on Christmas day this year - this would be as good a place as any to do it.

Seconded. Don't really have money to donate but can help out in other ways.

Pretty Boy
05-12-2016, 02:13 PM
For more information please email lmontgomery@hibernianfc.co.uk

From the EEN article. Maybe worth using that as a point of contact if people want to help out.

lyonhibs
05-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Bump. Still a fair bit to go to hit the target folks.

£10,000 does seem quite a hefty amount of cash though tbf

Ringothedog
05-12-2016, 04:53 PM

250 people at £40 per head, seem reasonable to me

Peevemor
05-12-2016, 05:40 PM
250 people at £40 per head, seem reasonable to me
I'd imagine there'll be gifts too (at least for the kids present). Anyone being paid to be there (catering and entertainment) will be expensive too.

G B Young
06-12-2016, 10:19 AM

It's a great initiative but yes, 10k is over-ambitious at this time of year when asking people to donate. 5K would have been a more reasonable starting point.

Pretty Boy
06-12-2016, 10:46 AM
It's a great initiative but yes, 10k is over-ambitious at this time of year when asking people to donate. 5K would have been a more reasonable starting point.

I suppose that the flip side is that if every home fan attending on Saturday donated £1 then the target would be smashed and then some.

That's not a dig at anyone btw. Just an observation that the target probably isn't that unachievable when compared to our fanbase.

Big_Franck
06-12-2016, 10:53 AM
I suppose that the flip side is that if every home fan attending on Saturday donated £1 then the target would be smashed and then some.

That's not a dig at anyone btw. Just an observation that the target probably isn't that unachievable when compared to our fanbase.

Thats maybe an idea. Do you know if they'll be collecting before the game on Saturday?

wookie70
06-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Do they need volunteers for Christmas Day.

Ringothedog
06-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Thats maybe an idea. Do you know if they'll be collecting before the game on Saturday?

If they are not they should be!!

Super_JMcGinn
06-12-2016, 12:46 PM

Great idea and one that would raise a substantial amount towards the target. I for one would contribute more than £1 to such a cause and I'm sure many others would too. Try and make this happen PB :aok:

High-On-Hibs
06-12-2016, 10:26 PM

They probably aren't expecting to raise 10k, but why limit it to something less? Anything over 5K will be a great result.

G B Young
06-12-2016, 10:45 PM

Good idea, if it could be made to work. You'd feel a bit mean giving £1 to the donation page but a fiver or tenner is a lot to ask of many people at this time of year. A request to drop a quid into a collection bucket would probably encourage more to get involved.

Argylehibby
07-12-2016, 12:12 PM
Do they need volunteers for Christmas Day.

It was mentioned at the WT meeting last Monday that they were looking for volunteers so if you send an e mail (link in a previous post) I'm pretty sure that they will be delighted to get any volunteers.

brog
07-12-2016, 01:18 PM
I was on site today & it was great to see so many donations & expressions of support, & not just from Hibs fans. I'm confident we'll hit our target. Remember, the staff will have been sponsored separately by family & friends & those donations will come in presumably after they complete their activities. If you're able to donate I think this is a great cause.

JohnMcM
07-12-2016, 04:44 PM

Good idea :thumbsup:

Ringothedog
07-12-2016, 06:46 PM

It's not 10k by Christmas, you can donate up to 17/3/17 so hopefully the target will be met and more.

BSEJVT
08-12-2016, 02:26 PM
Just donated

Come on folks

£20 is less than the cost of 3 glasses of wine for your Mrs and is easier than dealing with the hassle of a drunk wife also!

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-12-2016, 06:51 PM
Just donated. Great cause. Valid point made by another poster earlier though in that there are other ways to donate.

brog
12-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Thought I would bump this up again. London Hibs intend to donate £100 this week. Hopefully we can make the £10k target.