PDA

View Full Version : Players spotted up town after defeat

HappyHanlon
04-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Typical. We get beat and the players are larking about up town dressed as Spice Girls, Amy Winehouse etc....

After failing to beat Utd, the players should have just settled with having a low key affair in the FF function suite.

Not the right message to send out IMO

The_Horde
04-12-2016, 11:55 AM
2 boys that didn't even play in some photos. Aye good one. Next!

Ringothedog
04-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Typical. We get beat and the players are larking about up town dressed as Spice Girls, Amy Winehouse etc....

After failing to beat Utd, the players should have just settled with having a low key affair in the FF function suite.

If I have a bad day at the office it's unlikely to stop me going on my Christmas night out, it shouldn't stop them either.

GordonHFC

If I have a **** day at work on Thursday do I cancelled the Christmas part on the Friday?

Billy Whizz

Get a life, they are allowed a Xmas night out
BA humbug

Mikey09
04-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Some brutal threads on here recently...

Since90+2
04-12-2016, 12:01 PM

This.

High-On-Hibs
04-12-2016, 12:03 PM

Only recently?

scoopyboy
04-12-2016, 12:04 PM
I'm sure they are away in Dublin for their Christmas bash, don't see what difference starting on Friday night would make.

northstandhibby
04-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Different if we had just been beaten by the Yams, I'd be all for calling them out but bit of a non story methinks.

Not that we have been beaten recently by the Yams if I remember rightly we drew 2-2 at Swiney and Robbie Replay was happy with his money spinner then we hoofed them out the Cup 1-0 :greengrin.

I'm racking my brains to remember what happened next?

Oh yes I remember now we only went on to lift the SC!

Thanks Robbie Replay :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
04-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Admin delete the thread please non story

High-On-Hibs
04-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Admin delete the thread please non story

I don't like this thread. But are we going to be removing threads that people don't agree with? It's a message board for opinionated fans.

MWHIBBIES
04-12-2016, 12:19 PM
Admin delete the thread please non storyHas telling an admin to delete a thread ever actually worked?

brog
04-12-2016, 12:23 PM

Thank F### you're not Unhappy Hanlon!!

J-C
04-12-2016, 12:28 PM

:faf:

Viva_Palmeiras
04-12-2016, 12:30 PM

Lol.

Has anyone ever worked at a place when they even threatened to "cancel Christmas"?

Its goes down a complete storm and everyone forgets as if nothing ever happened .... Not!

DaveF
04-12-2016, 12:38 PM

Minimal analysis will tell you one person (IE, the OP) is having a go. The rest have criticised him - or spent their time pointing out what the Admins should be doing.

It's pretty simple - if you don't like the thread, don't respond to it and it slips off the board quicky.

Smartie
04-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Lol.

Has anyone ever worked at a place when they even threatened to "cancel Christmas"?

Its goes down a complete storm and everyone forgets as if nothing ever happened .... Not!

We cancelled our Christmas do this week at work - it was meant to be last night (I should add that I own the business).

There have been loads of problems with people not getting on with each other and you could cut the atmosphere with a knife. A few folk decided not to go to the night out and it ended up that there was just going to be an awkwardly small number of people going - and a few of those were effectively being forced.

Rather than force people to go (when they should be looking forward to it) we decided to can it as it was going to be totally counter-productive. It's cost us a fortune in lost deposits etc but it could be worse.

For that reason, the fact that the players want to bounce back from a defeat by going on the ran dan ages before our next game is absolutely 100% fine by me. I wish my team at work were as tight-knit a bunch as the Hibs players are right now.

NAE NOOKIE
04-12-2016, 01:12 PM

What's the message being sent out .... that our players get on with each other. That'll do me :aok:

keep the faith
04-12-2016, 01:21 PM
I hope the players - like all other hibees, had a great Christmas night out.

Pretty Boy
04-12-2016, 01:24 PM
I think what we all want to know is who was wearing the revealing Union Jack dress?

Smartie
04-12-2016, 01:29 PM
I think what we all want to know is who was wearing the revealing Union Jack dress?

Shame Stokesy's not still with us because it sounds right up his street.

staunchhibby
04-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Some people need to get a life than bleating on about players on the town.They are entitled to a social life.

jgl07
04-12-2016, 01:32 PM
An absolute disgrace. After a 1-0 away defeat, the entire team and all support staff should remain at home in a darkened room listening to sombre music.

jacomo
04-12-2016, 01:35 PM
FFS. Squirrel will be out of commission til February.

Scouse Hibee
04-12-2016, 01:38 PM

Get a life you unhappy chappy.

Lago
04-12-2016, 02:13 PM

Here we go:rolleyes:

oconnors_strip
04-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Looks like they are all having a good time and everyone is dressed up, good to have another team bonding session

FastEddieFelson
04-12-2016, 02:31 PM
any links to the pictures?

oconnors_strip
04-12-2016, 02:34 PM
any links to the pictures?

If you have instagram then follow keatings and Forster.

SunshineOnLeith
04-12-2016, 02:43 PM

"Typical" of what, exactly?

This isn't how you thought this thread would go, is it? :faf:

dp00
04-12-2016, 02:51 PM
Good to see they have been sensible and went away for the xmas night out , less chance of bother and they can enjoy themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs90
04-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Good to see they have been sensible and went away for the xmas night out , less chance of bother and they can enjoy themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. This thread is pathetic.

Thecat23
04-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Just hope none of you lot have Keatings on snapchat they are all smashed already 😂Keatings dressed as a woman whole team enjoying their Xmas bash over in Ireland. Good on them as well these things are needed after a game like fri.

Waxy
04-12-2016, 03:02 PM

Not the right message to send out IMOGood i m glad theyve gone out. Big deal.

hibsbollah
04-12-2016, 03:07 PM
I'm feeling sorry for the OP. He's getting battered. He must feel like a target of an operation yewtree investigation.

Just to add some balance to the discussion,
I'm outraged too. It's absolutely shocking, whatever it was.

oconnors_strip
04-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Just hope none of you lot have Keatings on snapchat they are all smashed already 😂Keatings dressed as a woman whole team enjoying their Xmas bash over in Ireland. Good on them as well these things are needed after a game like fri.

I have him on Snapchat and it's brilliant 😂🙈 he suits the wig and make up, so does Jordon. Think some of them have a career after football as cross dressers :greengrin

Thecat23
04-12-2016, 03:15 PM
I have him on Snapchat and it's brilliant 😂🙈 he suits the wig and make up, so does Jordon. Think some of them have a career after football as cross dressers :greengrin

Defo a few enjoying the crossdressing a little to much 😂

Thecat23
04-12-2016, 03:16 PM
Makes me laugh these threads, folk start it have a pop then vanish! Funny that.

WoreTheGreen
04-12-2016, 03:19 PM

Foster looked like DCI Robertson in Filth. Enjoy it boys were not playing till the weekend

J-C
04-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Boyle posted a pic on his FB page with JC, on their Xmas night out, he's 2 Pac and JC is dressed up as one of the members of KISS.

Speedy
04-12-2016, 04:00 PM
I'm feeling sorry for the OP. He's getting battered. He must feel like a target of an operation yewtree investigation.

Hope the OP has cancelled his plans for this evening after such a shocker of a thread.

SunshineOnLeith
04-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Hope the OP has cancelled his plans for this evening after such a shocker of a thread.

He should settle for a low key microwave dinner and ironing next week's shirts.

Anything else would send out the wrong kind of message IMO

Thecat23
04-12-2016, 04:28 PM

I haven't started this thread but you've just described my evening 😂

CRAZYHIBBY
04-12-2016, 04:53 PM
I find it absolutely disgraceful that a footballer can go out and enjoy himself after a game. They should be forced to stay at home and get a full 8 hours sleep before getting ready to train the next day.....just shocking

superfurryhibby
04-12-2016, 05:13 PM

Thank Christ am no the only one who disnae see the funny side of this. ***** outrage and am seek of the lot of them. Ah'll tell ye, just as well ah cancelled my trip to the street of daft light or there might have been troub......

Happy Hanlon, he needs some milk!

JimBHibees
04-12-2016, 05:23 PM

Bollocks they are allowed a Christmas night out are they not.

Keith_M
04-12-2016, 05:33 PM
So, if we get beat the players are supposed to sit at home, not smile and not be seen to be enjoying themselves in any way?

emerald green
04-12-2016, 05:45 PM
HappyHanlon. Sounds like a real fun guy. :rolleyes:

MyJo
04-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Is anyone else confused at how the players can have been "spotted up town" when it sounds like they are actually out on thier xmas night out in Ireland?

Unseen work
04-12-2016, 06:18 PM
They're in Dublin.

Who cares?

No different from if they got steaming in their flats.

Good bit of team bonding never hurt.

Babyshamble
04-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Seen a pic of Boyle & Cummings dressed up as tupac & Alice cooper haha.nothing wrong with a chrimbo nite out.

oconnors_strip
04-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Is anyone else confused at how the players can have been "spotted up town" when it sounds like they are actually out on thier xmas night out in Ireland?

They flew out to Dublin yesterday so could have been spotted up town on Friday?

staunchhibby
04-12-2016, 07:15 PM
They are having a ball in Dublin on there xmas party.

northstandhibby
04-12-2016, 07:30 PM
www.imdb.com/title/tt0170016/mediaviewer/rm1729206272

Happy Hanlon wanted to steal the players Christmas from them.

:greengrin

Wee Effen Bee
04-12-2016, 07:44 PM
I was told that every time a footballer goes out on an organised night out, especially if they have just lost a game, Jesus punches an angel in the anus. Isn't anyone going to think of the angels?

Hermit Crab
04-12-2016, 07:46 PM
Football players go for a pint - shocker! Who cares.

PompeyHibs
04-12-2016, 07:46 PM
Win or lose we're on the booze hail hail

Babyshamble
04-12-2016, 07:56 PM

Not the right message to send out IMO imagine going with your mates for a nite out.ridicilous eh ?

My_Wife_Camille
04-12-2016, 10:41 PM
"Typical" of what, exactly?

This isn't how you thought this thread would go, is it? :faf:

I have a feeling this thread went exactly how he expected 🎣

marinello59
04-12-2016, 10:44 PM

That would be my idea of a really wild night.

calumhibee1
05-12-2016, 07:37 AM
While I don't agree with the general "the players shouldn't be out after a defeat" point of the original post, I do think that at such a critical point of the season having what looks like its amounted to a full lads weekend away judging by Keatings snapchat isn't great. They look like they've drank themselves into oblivion all day Saturday, all day Sunday and the original post made it sound like some of them were out on Friday. One night I can fully accept, but I know how much a full weekend away with my mates hits me and anyone else I know and it's not ideal at this point in the season IMO. Should have been restricted to one night.

heretoday
05-12-2016, 08:24 AM
The players are entitled to a night out at this time of year. They only lost one nil after all.
But would so many of us feel as chipper about it if they'd been stuffed four nil or lost to, say, the Hearts?

05-12-2016, 04:00 PM
Don't have a problem with the players going on a trip, I think it's great they have such a good bond and such a good team spirit. Just as long as its back to business again when they return.

wearethehibs
05-12-2016, 04:42 PM
We cancelled our Christmas do this week at work - it was meant to be last night (I should add that I own the business).

There have been loads of problems with people not getting on with each other and you could cut the atmosphere with a knife. A few folk decided not to go to the night out and it ended up that there was just going to be an awkwardly small number of people going - and a few of those were effectively being forced.

Rather than force people to go (when they should be looking forward to it) we decided to can it as it was going to be totally counter-productive. It's cost us a fortune in lost deposits etc but it could be worse.

For that reason, the fact that the players want to bounce back from a defeat by going on the ran dan ages before our next game is absolutely 100% fine by me. I wish my team at work were as tight-knit a bunch as the Hibs players are right now.

You looking for staff?
Still sounds better than my current work

Just Alf
05-12-2016, 05:29 PM
You looking for staff?
Still sounds better than my current work
Ha ha..I thought that too ...

In fact, bump them, get us in and next year's do will be a belter!!!

GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

tamig
05-12-2016, 07:29 PM
While I don't agree with the general "the players shouldn't be out after a defeat" point of the original post, I do think that at such a critical point of the season having what looks like its amounted to a full lads weekend away judging by Keatings snapchat isn't great. They look like they've drank themselves into oblivion all day Saturday, all day Sunday and the original post made it sound like some of them were out on Friday. One night I can fully accept, but I know how much a full weekend away with my mates hits me and anyone else I know and it's not ideal at this point in the season IMO. Should have been restricted to one night.

I'm pretty sure they'll be worked very hard when they are back training. The drink will be out of them in no time and they'll be properly prepared for the weekend.