PDA

View Full Version : Darren McGregor

GJ1875
04-12-2016, 12:35 AM
1,2,3,4 0h weeey oh,

In all seriousness what a defender, apart from the penalty giveaway,
McGregor was the best defender on the park in terms of blocks and interceptions. Absolute Machine and a position we've been crying out for

The_Horde
04-12-2016, 12:56 AM
1,2,3,4 0h weeey oh,

In all seriousness what a defender, apart from the penalty giveaway,
McGregor was the best defender on the park in terms of blocks and interceptions. Absolute Machine and a position we've been crying out for

Eh.. it wis Fontaine

GJ1875
04-12-2016, 02:13 AM
Eh.. it wis Fontaine

That fouled Murray yes, McGregor slid to the other side of the Tay river

The_Horde
04-12-2016, 02:37 AM

:hilarious

Since90+2
04-12-2016, 06:16 AM
All 3 defenders were at fault for the goal.

Fontaine , as he does quite often , gave the ball away while moving forward before Hanlon got turned inside out by Simon Murray. Hanlon should have then brought him down after being skinned before Daz made a rash challenge to try and make up for the errors.

Wasn't a great passage of play from our normally solid centre halfs.

seanshow
04-12-2016, 07:18 AM
Darren is a super player great pace and more often than not aggressive just at the right times.

The lad Murray provided them with a bit of trickery and composure under pressure to gain that penalty.
We need a star player with similar qualities, Shinnie has it to a degree, but he's not a Latapy or Zemmama.

PiemanP
04-12-2016, 08:03 AM
There was a piece of defending in the first half from Daz where he threw himself in the way of two shots that was truly epic. Really brave in the air too.

He's probably down the pecking order a bit, but I'd love to see the captains armband on him as he's a real leader.

Love the song too! :-)

Frazerbob
04-12-2016, 08:11 AM
I love a cheesy song!

Ozyhibby
04-12-2016, 08:13 AM
Darren is a super player great pace and more often than not aggressive just at the right times.

The lad Murray provided them with a bit of trickery and composure under pressure to gain that penalty.
We need a star player with similar qualities, Shinnie has it to a degree, but he's not a Latapy or Zemmama.

I've never seen anything like that from Shinnie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snooky
04-12-2016, 11:27 AM

Darren is probably my favourite player at the moment.
That said, I thought he was a bit slow off the mark to cover the space behind Hanlon. If he had, he could have closed Murray down before he got into the box.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-12-2016, 11:32 AM
Big Darren was superb again on Friday. Song is class too.

hibbysam
04-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Darren is probably my favour player at the moment.
That said, I thought he was a bit slow off the mark to cover the space behind Hanlon. If he had, he could have closed Murray down before he got into the box.

Agree, just a split second decision where Daz decided to mark the space on the edge of the box instead of pulling across. It was the difference between him attempting a superman dive across the box and down the tunnel, to just standing up to the striker and stopping him in his tracks.

Apart from that he was immense.

cmcd
04-12-2016, 11:35 AM
I've never seen anything like that from Shinnie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try Specsavers 😃😃

skipster7
04-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Big Darren was superb again on Friday. Song is class too.

When did we sign him ?:wink:

Shrekko
04-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Brilliant player.

Ultra aggressive so the occasional misjudgement will happen. A small price to pay for his goal saving interventions and world class shoulder charges.

hughio
05-12-2016, 11:49 AM
Brilliant player.

Ultra aggressive so the occasional misjudgement will happen. A small price to pay for his goal saving interventions and world class shoulder charges.

:greengrin
Dazzer love thread.

CLASS DEFENDER

NAE NOOKIE
05-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Probably been our most consistent player this season ...... the whole defence have been good, they get pelters sometimes when they lose a goal and Hibs lose or draw the game, but as on Friday night for the most part the fact that we have dropped points isn't the fault of the defence.

They got criticised for the goal they lost to Falkirk, but by that time the pressure we had should have put us a couple of goals ahead and losing one goal shouldn't have been such a disaster. They rarely lose more than one goal a game and that's been the case for the last two seasons .... that's pretty good defending, its not their fault our midfield and strikers misfire so often.

Billychaotic182
05-12-2016, 02:16 PM
What are the lyrics to the song?

Frazerbob
05-12-2016, 02:31 PM
What are the lyrics to the song?

Oooohhohh Darren McGregor
Oooohhohh he's a class defender
Oooohhohh he never gives the ball away
1-2-3-4
repeat......