PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Doyle

theonlywayisup
03-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Sent off today for fighting his own team-mate!!

His manager said "You expect it in the playground between four or five-year-olds, but not from two professionals who've been in the game a long time. It's an embarrassment.

"I've been in the game for 30 years playing and managing and I've never been involved with anything like that.

"I spoke to them in the dressing room and they were apologetic, but that doesn't wash with me. Something like that should never happen in the professional game."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38113557

hibs#1
03-12-2016, 06:53 PM
Sent off today for fighting his own team-mate!!

His manager said "You expect it in the playground between four or five-year-olds, but not from two professionals who've been in the game a long time. It's an embarrassment.

"I've been in the game for 30 years playing and managing and I've never been involved with anything like that.

"I spoke to them in the dressing room and they were apologetic, but that doesn't wash with me. Something like that should never happen in the professional game."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38113557

I watched the video doesn't look much in it too me? Just looked like a bit of handbags and didn't warrant 2 reds.

theonlywayisup
03-12-2016, 06:56 PM
I watched the video doesn't look much in it too me? Just looked like a bit of handbags and didn't warrant 2 reds.

You got a link - Beckford looks a big boy!!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38197595

hibs#1
03-12-2016, 06:59 PM
You got a link - Beckford looks a big boy!!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38197595

It was on twitter. I don't know how to put a link up sorry.

GreenNWhiteArmy
03-12-2016, 07:07 PM

That's what I thought when I seen it as well. Hardly Bowyer vs Dyer fi a few years ago

hibs#1
03-12-2016, 07:10 PM
That's what I thought when I seen it as well. Hardly Bowyer vs Dyer fi a few years ago

I know I was looking forward to good chuckle but there was nothing in it for me ref could have just took them to the side and told them to behave unless there was more off camera.

Waxy
03-12-2016, 07:44 PM
I remember Levein and Hogg i think it was fighting back in the day. Wasnt much in this at all. Poor reffing.

Northernhibee
03-12-2016, 08:01 PM
If he ends up in the managers bad books we should look to get him on loan. Improved ten fold since leaving us.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2016, 08:02 PM
If he ends up in the managers bad books we should look to get him on loan. Improved ten fold since leaving us.

Has he? I thought he was one of the few shining lights from Pat's reign

magpie1892
03-12-2016, 08:06 PM

Which I saw live and they were really going at it, proper fighting before the cameras noticed.

Northernhibee
03-12-2016, 08:07 PM
Has he? I thought he was one of the few shining lights from Pat's reign

He was still quite raw back then. Good footballing brain to get into good positions though, screamer of a goal vs Aberdeen and scored the equaliser in the Falkirk 4-3 game.

Just thought, I'm sure he can play on the wing as well. Might be a really handy option and apparently isn't getting a lot of game time. Would be a great loan signing IMO.

Pretty Boy
03-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Always liked Doyle and looking at those pictures he looks a bit more muscular these days.

Was very green (no pun intended) when with us but there was raw talent there.

eastterrace
03-12-2016, 08:29 PM
He was still quite raw back then. Good footballing brain to get into good positions though, screamer of a goal vs Aberdeen and scored the equaliser in the Falkirk 4-3 game.

Just thought, I'm sure he can play on the wing as well. Might be a really handy option and apparently isn't getting a lot of game time. Would be a great loan signing IMO.

Why do fans keep going back for ex players , we need out this league and wanting guys like Doyle ain't going to help that cause

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibbysam
03-12-2016, 09:06 PM
Why do fans keep going back for ex players , we need out this league and wanting guys like Doyle ain't going to help that cause

What the f.... Doyle would walk into this side and go a long long way to getting us promoted, not that it's going to happen as he has moved on to better things, however that post is one of the daftest I've seen on here.

eastterrace
03-12-2016, 09:19 PM
What the f.... Doyle would walk into this side and go a long long way to getting us promoted, not that it's going to happen as he has moved on to better things, however that post is one of the daftest I've seen on here.

Opinions eh

hibbysam
03-12-2016, 09:24 PM
Opinions eh

So you wouldn't want a player who has averaged a goal every second game nearly since he left us, with most of those appearances coming in the English championship? It's not about opinions it's about solid facts. Doyle is a better player than anyone we have in his position right now, possibly alongside JC, and would easily be one of the top few players in this league.

Thecat23
03-12-2016, 09:38 PM
Good old Hibs Net, only scout ex players because there isn't anyone else out there right? 😂

Thankfully Lennon is in charge and I'm sure he'll have a few targets come Jan!

eastterrace
03-12-2016, 09:40 PM
So you wouldn't want a player who has averaged a goal every second game nearly since he left us, with most of those appearances coming in the English championship? It's not about opinions it's about solid facts. Doyle is a better player than anyone we have in his position right now, possibly alongside JC, and would easily be one of the top few players in this league.

A goal every second game , think you better check it out he's scored roughly 9 goals in a year and half , sorry not for me

Is It On....
03-12-2016, 10:02 PM
I know I was looking forward to good chuckle but there was nothing in it for me ref could have just took them to the side and told them to behave unless there was more off camera.

My favourite one was when Le Saux was substituted for his own good after hitting team mate David Batty.

Roxyhibee
03-12-2016, 10:04 PM

9 goals in about 50 appearances in the Championship.. less than 1 in 5.

I liked him though.

Northernhibee
03-12-2016, 10:08 PM
His time at Cheltenham was nothing short of outstanding. Put him next to Holt who'd be able to create opportunities for him and he'll score a bucketload.

jgl07
03-12-2016, 10:08 PM

Nothing compared to Craig Levein and Graeme Hogg for Hearts in a friendly!

magpie1892
03-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Nothing compared to Craig Levein and Graeme Hogg for Hearts in a friendly!

At Starks Park. Oddly I was also at that game (don't ask). Fewer punches thrown in that one - Hogg started it with a sclaff, and Levein finished with an absolutely devastating, textbook one-two that Carl Froch would have been proud of.

leither17
04-12-2016, 02:12 AM
At Starks Park. Oddly I was also at that game (don't ask). Fewer punches thrown in that one - Hogg started it with a sclaff, and Levein finished with an absolutely devastating, textbook one-two that Carl Froch would have been proud of.

Have you seen any other punches thrown at a football match? Or any goals at the boxing?

givescotlandfreedom
04-12-2016, 02:34 AM

I agree. If it had been opposing players I'd expect a yellow each, it was just a bit of pushing and shoving rather than punches getting traded.

hibbymick
04-12-2016, 08:09 AM
Just had a wee read on a PNE fans forum and they think Doyle is murder and reckon its a great opportunity to get him off the wage bill.

hibbysam
04-12-2016, 08:58 AM
A goal every second game , think you better check it out he's scored roughly 9 goals in a year and half , sorry not for me

He never left Hibs a year and a half ago, he's scored 40 odd goals in 100 games, with half of those appearances in the championship...

bigwheel
04-12-2016, 08:59 AM
He never left Hibs a year and a half ago, he's scored 40 odd goals in 10 games, with half of those appearances in the championship...

sign this boy up!!! 4 goals a game :greengrin:greengrin

bigwheel
04-12-2016, 09:05 AM
He never left Hibs a year and a half ago, he's scored 40 odd goals in 100 games, with half of those appearances in the championship...

32+ of his goals came for chesterfield..It got him a big money move to Cardiff in transfer window of Jan 2015. He has scored 10 goals since then for Cardiff and Preston in two largely failed moves... He is not a championship level player...Still more than good enough for us though!

hibbysam
04-12-2016, 09:17 AM
32+ of his goals came for chesterfield..It got him a big money move to Cardiff in transfer window of Jan 2015. He has scored 10 goals since then for Cardiff and Preston in two largely failed moves... He is not a championship level player...Still more than good enough for us though!

That's very much my point, I never said he was prolific in the championship, but regardless, playing against that standard of player instantly makes you a better player, and anyone saying he isn't good enough for the Scottish championship is having a laugh. He scored goals before Hibs, he scored goals at Hibs, and has scored goals since Hibs. All in a higher level than we are at now.

ancient hibee
04-12-2016, 01:48 PM
Always thought he did well to score any goals with us considering he didn't once get a pass from Griffiths:greengrin

SteveHFC
04-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Bring him back on loan. Miss the green Messi.