PDA

View Full Version : Crane and Martin

madhatter
03-12-2016, 11:29 AM
I know it isn't necessarily fair on them but throw them in ffs. Hearts did that years ago and struggled but ultimately are better off now - Crane and Martin must be good enough to step in surely? They aren't 17 anymore. Is Crane not 20 now?

Our youth department is shocking. Not expecting golden generation but can we get 1 player a year capable of playing first team. Don't think that's much to ask, is it?

Beefster
03-12-2016, 11:45 AM
We lost an away game to Dundee Utd and some folk are at near hysteria. I can only imagine what type of reaction "...throw them in ... and struggled" would get.

madhatter
03-12-2016, 11:50 AM
We lost an away game to Dundee Utd and some folk are at near hysteria. I can only imagine what type of reaction "...throw them in ... and struggled" would get.

I'd rather struggle and our young players improve and get experience. Not hysteria, I've been saying for years where is our youth? Stanton and Harris being best examples. They can't get in our team in the championship so...they mustn't be good enough so why not get rid or if they are good enough but they aren't getting game time due to fear putting them in...

indiejak1413
03-12-2016, 12:28 PM
I've said for ages on this that Crane , Martin and Shaw are ready for 1st team. Sometimes you need to go with youth, they've got hunger and desire to do well. I think a lot of people would be surprised with them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Billychaotic182
03-12-2016, 01:13 PM

Yes we lost a game but Stevenson's form has been poor for weeks. Sometimes we need to take a risk and try Crane. If he can cross a ball he is already doing better than what we have ATM

wookie70
03-12-2016, 02:55 PM
In the few games I have seen Martin play he looks to have more of a goal threat than pretty much all the midfielders ahead of him in the pecking order. He plays at a good pace and gets into the box. I am struggling to see why he hasn't featured a bit more. He started against Falkirk early on but barring the game against Turriff hasn't featured again.

silverhibee
03-12-2016, 05:32 PM
I know it isn't necessarily fair on them but throw them in ffs. Hearts did that years ago and struggled but ultimately are better off now - Crane and Martin must be good enough to step in surely? They aren't 17 anymore. Is Crane not 20 now?

Our youth department is shocking. Not expecting golden generation but can we get 1 player a year capable of playing first team. Don't think that's much to ask, is it?

Maybe Lennon doesn't want or trust young players with no experience and is now making it clear to the Board that there needs to be money for him in January to bring in experienced players.