View Full Version : Team for next week

nickwhibs
03-12-2016, 09:09 AM
-----------Marciano-------------
Gray-McGregor-Hanlon-Crane
-------Martin---McGeouch-------
Boyle----------------------Shinnie
------Graham--Cummings-------

Yes, a few of these guys were off form last night but we need a more attacking formation. Maybe a bit harsh to leave out Bartley but at home against Dumbarton we need forward thinking players. I like Stevenson but may be a good chance to see what Crane can do. We need to add pace and creativity in January without doubt.

StevieCowan
03-12-2016, 10:11 AM
3-5-2

Marciano

McGregor Fontaine Hanlon

Gray Martin McGeogh Crane

Shinnie

Cummings Graham

I'd also like to see Oli Shaw recalled from Stenhousemuir.

I do suspect that we'll see a player or two coming in before next weekend though.

Eyrie
03-12-2016, 10:25 AM
Marciano

Gray -- McGregor -- Hanlon -- Stevenson

McGeouch -- Shinnie -- Martin

Cummings -- Graham -- Boyle

fishybeaver
03-12-2016, 10:32 AM
Is Martin really ready? Only seem him play once

StevieCowan
03-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Is Martin really ready? Only seem him play once

The question should be do we need energy, tenacity and a willingness to drive forward? We're at home to Dumbarton, if there's ever a game to see if Martin and Crane are better than what we have its now.

Having to sitting mid-field players who play the same way doesn't work for us and neither does a wing back who can't beat a man.

WhileTheChief..
03-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Crane? Seriously?

Is now really the time to be giving someone their first chance?

If we're dropping Stevenson then we'd better buy in someone with experience.

madhatter
03-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Crane? Seriously?

Buy in someone with experience for the Championship? If we were in the top league, surely Stanton, Martin and Crane would be on loan to Championship teams so I'm struggling to see the logic.

Our youngsters with experience around them should sail through games at this level.

JimBHibees
03-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Crane? Seriously?

I think a home game v Dumbarton is exactly the game to bring him in. Jason needs to start also. Also maybe Boyle wide right also to play 2 more attacking wing backs.

ancient hibee
03-12-2016, 11:49 AM
McGeouch will need to man up.He was invisible last night.

WhileTheChief..
03-12-2016, 11:50 AM
My logic is simply that this is no time to be blooding youngsters in, I'd rather go with experience.

No that hard to follow!!

I'd agree if we were 10 points clear though.

madhatter
03-12-2016, 11:51 AM
My logic is simply that this is no time to be blooding youngsters in, I'd rather go with experience.

No that hard to follow!!

Our starting line-up is actually quite old and experienced and we are still struggling so...

JimBHibees
03-12-2016, 11:58 AM

No that hard to follow!!

If they can provide better than what is there they should play irrespective what age they are.

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Am i right in thinking that we are playing Dumbarton next week AT HOME, and we have some folk frightened in case we play a 20 year old?

What the hell happened to players being old enough if good enough?

Gray Hanlon McGregor Shinnie McGeouch Fontaine all are well experienced, in fact they are all cup winners. How much experience do we actually need, what age are you good enough now?

If these youngsters are not good enough for this division, then i'm sorry to say they will struggle to make the grade at Hibs.

Shrekko
03-12-2016, 01:50 PM
Definitely need to revert to a back 4 and Fontaine definitely needs to be the one dropped- he's absolutely all over the place and seems to think he's Baresi at times but he just takes too long to let go of the ball. Think he's a decent defender when he sticks to his job but that's what he needs to do.

H18 SFR
03-12-2016, 01:59 PM
I suspect that NL will stick with the three centre halfs formation.

Rocky

McGregor. Forster. Hanlon

Bartley

Gray. McGeouch. Shinnie. Stevenson.

Holt. Cummings.

MyJo
03-12-2016, 06:13 PM
______________marciano

Gray____mcgregor____hanlon____stevenson

_______________Bartley
_____mcgeoch___________Shinnie

_____Boyle_____graham____Cummings

JimBHibees
03-12-2016, 06:17 PM
Definitely need to revert to a back 4 and Fontaine definitely needs to be the one dropped- he's absolutely all over the place and seems to think he's Baresi at times but he just takes too long to let go of the ball. Think he's a decent defender when he sticks to his job but that's what he needs to do.

Really

hibs#1
03-12-2016, 06:58 PM
Am i right in thinking that we are playing Dumbarton next week AT HOME, and we have some folk frightened in case we play a 20 year old?

Gray Hanlon McGregor Shinnie McGeouch Fontaine all are well experienced, in fact they are all cup winners. How much experience do we actually need, what age are you good enough now?

If these youngsters are not good enough for this division, then i'm sorry to say they will struggle to make the grade at Hibs.

Yip you are correct my friend quality is quality doesn't matter what age you are I think it's a problem throughout Scotland that players are too young to play until they are about 28.don't see a problem bleeding young players more often 1 or 2 with 9 experienced players shouldn't be an issue especially in this league and especially Dumbarton at home

RedHibby
03-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Crane? Seriously?

If the manager doesn't give them a chance in the games against the lesser teams how are they going to get experience?

Smartie
03-12-2016, 07:05 PM
Marciano

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle McGeouch Martin Crane
Cummings Graham

Gray and Stevenson are excellent full backs but we seriously need to improve the supply from out wide. They need help, not replaced.

If there is anything like a suggestion that a 20 year old isn't ready to be playing for us at home to Dumbarton then that player should be nowhere near our club.

I reckon the above team is about the best we can do with who we currently have, but I think we're at least 2 players away from having a team good enough to be "skooshing" this league. TBH I think it's more like 4. We could probably creep over the line with who we currently have but it would be much closer than it needs to be.

bingo70
03-12-2016, 07:07 PM

Spot on.

A lot of people asking if Martin and Crane are ready and the only answer is nobody knows as they're never given a bloody go.

Get them in, if they're not ready then we'll soon find out.

Ronniekirk
03-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Spot on.

A lot of people asking if Martin and Crane are ready and the only answer is nobody knows as they're never given a bloody go.

Get them in, if they're not ready then we'll soon find out.

Martin on basis of the handfull of first team games he has played could doa job no question of that imo
Crane on limited times i have seen him maybe isnt ready to be pitched in to a team with a few key players missing and needing to win But others who watch development games are etyer placed than me to comment

cammy1969
03-12-2016, 07:26 PM
This the 3rd season down in this league and I can only think of 2 formations we play 352 fullbacks pushing forward or the diamond narrow in midfield fb's pushing forward. now not having a which hunt on the fb's but this has had very limited success until we address this it's gona be like Groundhog Day. Let's get proper wide men with pace beat there man and put ball box for the big guys to attack or pick up the 2nd balls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wookie70
03-12-2016, 07:35 PM
-----------Marciano-------------
------McGregor-Hanlon-Fontaine
Boyle--Martin----Bartley---Stevenson
-------------Shinnie--------------
------Graham--Cummings-------

northstandhibby
03-12-2016, 07:40 PM
This the 3rd season down in this league and I can only think of 2 formations we play 352 fullbacks pushing forward or the diamond narrow in midfield fb's pushing forward. now not having a which hunt on the fb's but this has had very limited success until we address this it's gona be like Groundhog Day. Let's get proper wide men with pace beat there man and put ball box for the big guys to attack or pick up the 2nd balls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk A big problem last night was Boyle and Holt's first touch and control. None of them held the ball up which allows midfielders and wing backs to push forward and support. Hopefully it was just one off bad game for them both and we will see the forward line holding the ball up much better then laying it off and making runs in future games which will enable the rest of the team to support them better. We seemed sluggish last night.

J-C
03-12-2016, 07:42 PM

:agree:

Hi Heid Yin
03-12-2016, 07:45 PM
These "team for next week" threads always depress me, simply because there are no new faces or names and always include some of the same old faces and names of players who I, and many others, have no belief in to give us the level of performance we need - players who are bog standard average and thus weak-links. What's more depressing is that Lennon has no choice but to use them!
Roll on the transfer window.

PISTOL1875
03-12-2016, 08:10 PM
Rocky

Gray McGregor Hanlon Fontaine crane

-------mcgeough Bartley

-----------shinnie

--------Cummings Holt/graham

Hibeewilly
03-12-2016, 09:07 PM
McGeouch will need to man up.He was invisible last night.
I disagree with that AH - he wasn't brilliant but he still had a decent game

HappyHanlon
03-12-2016, 09:12 PM
Bahahahaha!

Every time we lose one game, this place goes into bed wetting central.

Always get a laugh when the "football experts" start listing their teams and put in players who have played 1 match against Highland League opposition.

Lennon had the chance to play Crane when Stevenson was suspended but opted for Hanlon instead.

Go figure.

sauzeelegod
03-12-2016, 09:27 PM
4-3-3

Rocky

Sir David McGregor Hanlon Lewis

Bartley
McGeoch Shinnie

Boyle Holt Cummings

Smartie
03-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Bahahahaha!

Every time we lose one game, this place goes into bed wetting central.

Always get a laugh when the "football experts" start listing their teams and put in players who have played 1 match against Highland League opposition.

Lennon had the chance to play Crane when Stevenson was suspended but opted for Hanlon instead.

Go figure.

I guess "some people" (myself included) get a bit frustrated seeing the same failings trip us up time and again, and think that it might just be worth throwing in someone who isn't a kid any more and has some first team experience.

I love Lewis Stevenson and David Gray, but the lack of threat we carry from wide is crippling us. Is it really that mad a suggestion to suggest playing Crane, especially when some people will have seen him play many times for the development side and have a fair idea what he might offer us?

Unseen work
04-12-2016, 06:16 PM
.....................Marciano...

.........Mcgregor Hanlon Fontaine...

Boyle ...Bartley..... mcgeouch .....Crane...

..................... Shinnie......

..............Cummings....Graham ...

Aldo
04-12-2016, 07:42 PM
.....................Marciano...

.........Mcgregor Hanlon Fontaine...

Boyle ...Bartley..... mcgeouch .....Crane...

..................... Shinnie......

..............Cummings....Graham ...

UW now there's a conundrum. Boyle, for me anyway, played his best game in a Hibs Jersey at RWB against the Yams at ER.

But you know as well as I know that SDG and LS will not be dropped.

I am a big Lewis fan but his final ball is utterly atrocious and we need quality in final 3rd.

Biggest issue we have is relying on 2 fullbacks to provide a final ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
04-12-2016, 08:05 PM
I disagree with that AH - he wasn't brilliant but he still had a decent game

I'm with AH on this one. Dylan, by his own standards was very poor IMO

Shrekko
04-12-2016, 08:09 PM
I'm with AH on this one. Dylan, by his own standards was very poor IMO

What did he do wrong? Very poor??

Not as influential as he can be but think he was decent. Hardly wasted a ball and his control was pretty decent at times.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2016, 08:16 PM
Dylan didn't do a lot wrong, he was neat and tidy but really never ventured forward or helped create anything.

All our prodding and poking from midfield was done from Shinnie on his own, McGeouch maybe is not 100% match fit yet?

Shrekko
04-12-2016, 08:22 PM
Dylan didn't do a lot wrong, he was neat and tidy but really never ventured forward or helped create anything.

All our prodding and poking from midfield was done from Shinnie on his own, McGeouch maybe is not 100% match fit yet?

That's what I saw too. Not sure how that could be classed as 'very poor'. He was playing in Fyvie's normal role so that would explain the lack of adventure but as you say he was neat and tidy. The way we're set up, Shinnie, Lewis and David Gray are the ones who have most opportunity to provide the telling ball.

B.H.F.C
04-12-2016, 08:23 PM

Think neat and tidy is being a bit generous. Thought he was really poor, as was Bartley. Utd picked up far too many second balls in the middle of the park, particularly the number of times a ball was knocked out to the edge of our box and they got a shot away in the area you'd expect your central midfielders to be. Didn't have any influence with the ball either.

All that said I think McGeough is a good player and really hope it was just a case of him being off the pace having not started for a couple of months.

cmcd
04-12-2016, 08:25 PM

Not as influential as he can be but think he was decent. Hardly wasted a ball and his control was pretty decent at times.

5min into second half I forgot he was playing . Perhaps he just needs game time

Jonnyboy
04-12-2016, 08:45 PM

He didn't do anything 'wrong' but he's a far better player than we saw that night. I expect him to be more involved than he was and to have more influence on our play. I don't think he did either but respect that others saw it differently

J-C
04-12-2016, 10:02 PM
Lennon will stick with 3 at the back but he shouldn't against the lesser teams, 4-3-3 is the way to play these teams.

Rocky

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Shinnie
Martin

Boyle
Graham
Cummings

TheFamous1875
04-12-2016, 10:53 PM
At home, against Dumbarton, I agree with a few others and think we should go:

Marciano.

Gray (c). McGregor. Hanlon. Stevenson (Crane?)

McGeouch.
Martin. Shinnie.

Cummings. Graham. Boyle.

Just go at them! Two reasons I say possibly go with Crane:

Stevenson's not been in his best form and Crane (provisionally) offers much more going forward (and I say that as a fan of Stevenson). Crane getting forward with Boyle in front of him should work as Boyle will help him defensively - they will both compliment each other in the same way that Gray, who is primarily a defender will be able to concentrate on defending and Cummings will have that protection to focus on attacking.

Graham in the middle as a focal point and conduit and we have a team who should go gung-ho against Dumbarton at home and get a solid three points.

Sorry to sound un-pragmatic but 'Attack! Attack! Attack!'

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-12-2016, 12:33 AM
Marciano

Fonts
Hanlon
McGregor

Gray
McGeouch
Bartley
Shinnie
Stevenson

Cummings
Graham

JDHibs
05-12-2016, 07:26 AM
I would be amazed if NL changed much before Dumbarton. If anything. As all in all we were the better team, we created chances, Rocky had one save to make bar the penalty, so why change everything? But if he was, i would go with -

Marciano
McGregor Hanlon Fonts
Gray McGeouch Martin Stevenson
Shinnie
Cummings Graham

That would be my line up. Martin brings more energy and hes better on the ball than Bartley. We really shouldnt need such a defensive midfielder like Bartley against Dumbarton.

Boyle had a rotten game on Friday and his first touch is awful. Nows the time to bring Cummings back as we looked better with him up top, he looked hungry, was taking people on and looked dangerous.

We play the same way every week, loads of crosses and nobody to get onto them, Graham thrives off this type of game. He would take advantage of any decent crosses we manage to put in. He came on and had 2 very good knock downs on Friday and nobody was there to take them. He would also drag defenders around the place giving Cummings room to play.

Still, we are top of the league. Scored more and conceded less than everyone. Hardly a disaster to lose your 2nd game of the season in December?