PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings ... Dundee Utd

NAE NOOKIE
03-12-2016, 12:34 AM
Marciano ...... 6 ..... Didn't actually have a lot to do and made a couple of decent saves, a couple of poor passes though.

Stevenson .... 5 ..... Was reasonable defensively, but his crossing was generally poor as was the free kick he took and its infuriating at times that he got one on one and simply didn't or wouldn't attempt to get past his man.

McGregor ..... 7 ..... didn't do a lot wrong and made a coupe of brave blocks, though one of them was required due to a poor touch by him.

Fontaine ...... 7 ...... Defended pretty well and tried to bring the ball forward at times.

Hanlon ........ 6 ...... He was decent overall, but made a catastrophic error in my eyes by diving in on his man allowing him a free run on goal which lead to the penalty.

Gray ......... 6 ....... defended well, but his final ball was poor.

McGeouch .... 5 .... at times I forgot he was on the pitch, contributed absolutely nothing going forward, I expect better from him.

Bartley .... 6 ..... he did what he does and did it reasonably well.

Shinnie .... 8 .... of all the Hibs players on the park he did his best to make things happen, not always successfully, but at least he tried.

Holt ..... 6 ..... he gets 4 for his effort and 2 for his effectiveness which was minimal ... even if he is there to be a target man, for a player of his experience his goals return is woeful.

Boyle .... 4 .... Good movement to win the penalty accounts for half of his points and his effort the rest ... he was very poor, his penalty was poor and his inability to even get in on the keeper after a gift from the Utd defence was criminal, lucky not to be hooked at half time.

Subs:

Cummings ... 4 ... actually got involved and managed a couple of efforts on goal in the short time he was on.
Graham ..... 2 .... what can you do in 8 minutes?
Eardley ... 1 .... who? what? why?

NOTE: If you fight over taking a penalty and then miss it you look like a fanny, don't you Martin .... I hate seeing squabbles over 'who takes it' and I never want to see it again, sort it out BEFORE you start the game lads ... please!!!

Itsnoteasy
03-12-2016, 12:40 AM
Marciano ...... 6 ..... Didn't actually have a lot to do and made a couple of decent saves, a couple of poor passes though.

Stevenson .... 5 ..... Was reasonable defensively, but his crossing was generally poor as was the free kick he took and its infuriating at times that he got one on one and simply didn't or wouldn't attempt to get past his man.

McGregor ..... 7 ..... didn't do a lot wrong and made a coupe of brave blocks, though one of them was required due to a poor touch by him.

Fontaine ...... 7 ...... Defended pretty well and tried to bring the ball forward at times.

Hanlon ........ 6 ...... He was decent overall, but made a catastrophic error in my eyes by diving in on his man allowing him a free run on goal which lead to the penalty.

McGeouch .... 5 .... at times I forgot he was on the pitch, contributed absolutely nothing going forward, I expect better from him.

Bartley .... 6 ..... he did what he does and did it reasonably well.

Shinnie .... 8 .... of all the Hibs players on the park he did his best to make things happen, not always successfully, but at least he tried.

Holt ..... 6 ..... he gets 4 for his effort and 2 for his effectiveness which was minimal ... even if he is there to be a target man, for a player of his experience his goals return is woeful.

Boyle .... 4 .... Good movement to win the penalty accounts for half of his points and his effort the rest ... he was very poor, his penalty was poor and his inability to even get in on the keeper after a gift from the Utd defence was criminal, lucky not to be hooked at half time.

Subs:

Cummings ... 4 ... actually got involved and managed a couple of efforts on goal in the short time he was on.
Graham ..... 2 .... what can you do in 8 minutes?
Eardley ... 1 .... who? what? why?

NOTE: If you fight over taking a penalty and then miss it you look like a fanny, don't you Martin .... I hate seeing squabbles over 'who takes it' and I never want to see it again, sort it out BEFORE you start the game lads ... please!!!

Shinnie was our MOM. Would have been better if he wore his boots & no ice skates tonight. He was skighting aboot o ower the place

MWHIBBIES
Agree with most of that. We werent as bad as folk making out, just the way she goes sometimes.

B.H.F.C
Doing well for anybody to get above a 6.

Defence weren't overly troubled. Hanlon should never have let Murray past him. Just give away a bloody foul if you need to.

Gray and Stevenson poor. McGeough and Bartley worse than that. Shinnie at least tried to be positive.

Strikers didn't trouble them at all.

NAE NOOKIE
03-12-2016, 12:41 AM
Shinnie was our MOM. Would have been better if he wore his boots & no ice skates tonight. He was skighting aboot o ower the place

Yeh, he slipped a couple of times, but he wasn't the only one .... still think he was just about our only player who caused Utd any problems.

Smartie
03-12-2016, 12:48 AM
I thought Shinnie was garbage.

The fact that he was our most dangerous player, in spite of the fact that he created nothing of note and spent most of the night on his backside pretty much sums up how inept we currently are going forward.

wookie70
03-12-2016, 01:06 AM
Player ratings ... Dundee Utd
Marciano ...... 7 ..... No chance with pen but made a few decent saves

Stevenson .... 6 ..... Crossing was poor again but very little help on the left. Showed more urgency than most late on.

McGregor ..... 7 .....Some great blocks and headers

Fontaine ...... 6 ...... Needs to think about his positioning far more. If he loses the ball far up the park his first instinct should be to get back not chase the ball. At fault twice in the move for the goal.

Hanlon ........ 6 ...... Looked shaky tonight and his passing wasn't as good as usual. Very poor attempt at the tackle for the penalty.

McGeouch .... 4.... Waste of a jersey tonight. Every time he gets the ball he spins to face his own goal. I would have started Scott M

Bartley .... 6 ..... Not too bad but looked short of match fitness

Shinnie .... 8 .... Full of running and was Hibs only bright spark tonight. Clever and creative a quality performance

Holt ..... 5 ..... If he spent as much time thinking about scoring goals as playing mind games he would be a better player. Very poor tonight and I can't say I rate him very highly

Boyle .... 4 .... Awful from the word go. Had his familiar caught in the headlights look every time he got a touch. I think his mis-controlled his first touch the first 6 times he got involved. Terrible penalty

Subs:

Cummings ...6 ... Did well in another shortish cameo. Should have been on at half time
Graham ..... No score as a ridiculously late subs. Should have been on far earlier
Eardley ... I might have told Lennon to beat it. No idea why he was brought on so late but to be fair he got involved and threw a few balls into the box. I might give David Gray a rest and give eardley a shot on one wing and Crane on the other. Can't make us any worse than what we are at present.

Ref - Thought he was more than fair to us. Got both pens spot on

Lennon - A team selection completely lacking any legs and pace and substitutions that make you wonder if he is taking the piss. We have went backwards since he came and I don't see anything from him tactically that suggests we will skoosh this league.

MWHIBBIES
03-12-2016, 01:08 AM
I thought Shinnie was garbage.

The fact that he was our most dangerous player, in spite of the fact that he created nothing of note and spent most of the night on his backside pretty much sums up how inept we currently are going forward.
We arent currently inept, we scored 4 goals in our previous game.

Smartie
03-12-2016, 01:18 AM
We arent currently inept, we scored 4 goals in our previous game.

Fair enough, I thought he did well in our previous game.

We were nowhere near good enough going forward tonight. We can blame the forwards if we want, but what did we really create for them?

We were pitiful in the final third - again. I don't think this team carries enough of a threat going forward, in either creating or taking chances and we haven't done for a good few years.

We're probably good enough to get the better of most teams in this league, but not the likes of United or Falkirk.

I've seen a few folk satisfied with Shinnie's performance tonight - fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But in my opinion, if you're satisfied with what Shinnie et al brought to the table tonight, you better be happy being a mid-table Championship side.

HappyAsHellas
03-12-2016, 01:31 AM

We were nowhere near good enough going forward tonight. We can blame the forwards if we want, but what did we really create for them?

We were pitiful in the final third - again. I don't think this team carries enough of a threat going forward, in either creating or taking chances and we haven't done for a good few years.

We're probably good enough to get the better of most teams in this league, but not the likes of United or Falkirk.

I've seen a few folk satisfied with Shinnie's performance tonight - fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But in my opinion, if you're satisfied with what Shinnie et al brought to the table tonight, you better be happy being a mid-table Championship side.

I thought Shinnie was easily our best man tonight if you think he was mediocre, who was your MOM?

NAE NOOKIE
03-12-2016, 01:55 AM

Yes, satisfied ... nobody including me said he was brilliant, but in a below par performance he was the only player who looked like he might make a difference ... what you said was that he was "garbage" and that was totally unfair. I've been as quick as anybody to criticise Shinnie, but tonight he was our best player, even if that was because just about everybody else from midfield to front was below par.

3pm
03-12-2016, 07:41 AM
Fontaine is lucky to be getting a 6 or 7. Poor by his standards.