PDA

View Full Version : Madden

snooky
02-12-2016, 11:24 PM
Thought he did okay tonight. In fact, for the first time in (let me see now :hmmm:) ...... years, we got our fair share, if not more, of the calls.

NAE NOOKIE
02-12-2016, 11:29 PM
I agree, he was pretty fair, though the Utd lad was lucky to stay on for a pretty out of control lunge on Stevenson

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-12-2016, 11:31 PM
I posted on the match thread (right before their pen award) that I felt he was having a great game.

Almost all of the 50/50 decisions were going our way. Disappointed in the penalty call as I felt Fonts won the ball although there are grey areas in the rules in terms of tackling from behind so would give the ref the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

Could be doing wi him as ref when we go to the hammer throwers from Falkirk in a few weeks

Pete
02-12-2016, 11:33 PM
I agree, he was pretty fair, though the Utd lad was lucky to stay on for a pretty out of control lunge on Stevenson

:agree:

Our players have walked this season for a lot less and it was certainly more deserving than Holts "elbow".

Dashing Bob S
02-12-2016, 11:42 PM
If our team had performed as competently as the ref tonight, we'd have three points. We can't blame the officials this time.

Deansy
02-12-2016, 11:44 PM
Thought he did okay tonight. In fact, for the first time in (let me see now :hmmm:) ...... years, we got our fair share, if not more, of the calls.

Totally agree - in fact, if I was a Dundee Utd fan, I'd be fuming at some of his de ions tonight !. Don't think we've had a ref on our side like he was tonight - and we still lost !

Del Boy
02-12-2016, 11:50 PM
Yeah no complaints about the ref, we got most of the 50/50s

Canon Hannan
02-12-2016, 11:51 PM
Apart from the pen?

SouthMoroccoStu
03-12-2016, 06:08 AM
Apart from the pen?

Obviously it didn't go our way but it was an excusable error

I thought it was a penalty on first viewing

It took a slow motion replay from a different angle to show he got the ball

Can't really blame Madden or Fonts

matty_f
03-12-2016, 07:44 AM
He was good, imho. Can understand why he gave their penalty, I thought it was a penalty as soon as it happened. I had no complaints about the ref last night. Wish we'd played as well as he did.

brog
03-12-2016, 08:01 AM
The best ref in Scotland by a mile. Doesn't rush in, talks sensibly to players & gets most things right, probably including their pen.

emerald green
03-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Hibs can't blame the referee for last night's performance. If only every referee this season had done his job as well as last night's referee Hibs would most probably still have been sitting at least 3 points clear of DU this morning.

Thecat23
03-12-2016, 09:21 AM
The best ref in Scotland by a mile. Doesn't rush in, talks sensibly to players & gets most things right, probably including their pen.

Agree, his people skills are very good and he likes to talk to the players as well. Thought he had a good night last night.

snooky
03-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Hibs can't blame the referee for last night's performance. If only every referee this season had done his job as well as last night's referee Hibs would most probably still have been sitting at least 3 points clear of DU this morning.

Aye, and we wouldn't have been relegated in the first place.
We have been riddled with appalling referee decisions over the past several years that have cost us dearly.

northstandhibby
03-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Agree, his people skills are very good and he likes to talk to the players as well. Thought he had a good night last night.

Agree with you. I was not a fan of Madden but his performance last night was very fair and any mistakes he made looked fairly made and without any real controversy. Thought our pen was a pen and could see how he gave theirs. Cannot blame the ref in any way for our defeat last night. Thought utd looked sharp coming forward compared to our two up front who had a pretty poor game.

wookie70
03-12-2016, 10:31 AM
He had the best performance on the park. Looked at their penalty a few times and I think there is enough in it to argue it is a penalty. The only one I think he could have done any better on was Toshney's lunge on Lewis. A very good performance.

Eyrie
03-12-2016, 11:15 AM
Apart from the pen?

It was a penalty. Had that been at the other end you'd have expected the referee to point to the spot.

I thought Madden had a good game and we got the benefit more often than not of the marginal calls.