PDA

View Full Version : Massive Applause to Support Tonight!

northstandhibby
02-12-2016, 09:42 PM
How good was the Hi bees support tonight!

Different Class!

Everyone of you who attended is a cause of pride to the Hibernian Family.

Thank you for being you!

GGTTH

:flag:

Sammy7nil
02-12-2016, 09:51 PM
:top marks

emerald green
02-12-2016, 09:54 PM
They deserved better than that s**** tonight.

nickwhibs
02-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Great support 👍

GreenCastle
02-12-2016, 10:17 PM
Just back and the support was immense.

No drum but fans made up for it.

I actually don't mind that stadium as an away day better than places like Hamilton, St Mirren etc.

We need to get out this league though !!

The Pointer
02-12-2016, 10:23 PM
It was fantastic and came over well on TV. The Santa hats were pretty good too but just a shame they had so much dross to put up with.

I really don't know what it takes to get players of a fairly decent class to pass to each other. It was all set up on a plate and then - nothing happened.

lucky
02-12-2016, 10:23 PM
Good atmosphere but no need for fans to throw the Santa hats onto the pitch at the end.

resident_Arab
02-12-2016, 11:40 PM
Both sets of fans made an excellent atmosphere, Tannadice is great with a big up for it crowd in as both sets of fans were

BS44
02-12-2016, 11:42 PM
Good atmosphere but no need for fans to throw the Santa hats onto the pitch at the end.

Santa will get his own back on Christmas Day.....

PiemanP
03-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Both sets of fans made an excellent atmosphere, Tannadice is great with a big up for it crowd in as both sets of fans were

i only noticed the united fans were there after the goal...

southern hibby
03-12-2016, 12:26 AM

Mate, I've never had a gripe with any fan coming on saying his/her piece but the united support until you scored was shocking. If that's your idea of being up for it I genuinely pity you.

Oh and enjoy your win.

GGTTH

Babyshamble
03-12-2016, 12:36 AM

Don't worry.you will be back to playing in front of 5 or 6 thousand fans soon.will youse be bringing 3000 to Easter rd for the next game aye ?

resident_Arab
03-12-2016, 12:56 AM
i only noticed the united fans were there after the goal...

Same, couldn't hear Hibs fans most of the game from behind our goal and we sang most of the game

But on the TV both sets of fans came over really well

Just couldn't hear each other as were both in amongst noisy supports

resident_Arab
03-12-2016, 12:59 AM
Don't worry.you will be back to playing in front of 5 or 6 thousand fans soon.will youse be bringing 3000 to Easter rd for the next game aye ?

Somewhere between 1500-2500 if things are a tight as this after the next four games

monktonharp
03-12-2016, 01:28 AM
full marks to our resident Arab, he must have spoke to the little hitler security man. we stood for the whole game in the upper fairplay stand, and also never saw one moan/complaint from the security. the guy designated to the gents toilets at ht, never asked me to put my fag oot either :wink:

HappyAsHellas
03-12-2016, 01:53 AM
Same, couldn't hear Hibs fans most of the game from behind our goal and we sang most of the game

:faf::faf::faf:

Pete
03-12-2016, 02:01 AM

Up until the goal the United fans reminded me of that mural at Highbury in the early nineties.

brog
03-12-2016, 07:13 AM

I watched on tv & only heard Hibs fans until Utd scored. That may however be due to the positioning of the support but it was good to see such a big crowd. Shame about the game & quality of both teams on the night.

RoxburghHibs
03-12-2016, 07:22 AM

I sadly couldn't make the game so watched on tv. The home fans were very subdued other than a couple of "Utd! Utd!" chants.

Speaking to Hibs fans who did attend they all said the same. Hibs fans totally out sang the home fans - that said over 3000 Hibernian supporters in a 10,000 odd crowd so not a big home support.

GreenCastle
03-12-2016, 07:23 AM
I had a Hibs fan in the Utd end and he said the Hibs support was one of the loudest he's heard.

Sitting in the shed I didn't hear a song from Utd the whole game - only a loud cheer when they got the pen and scored it.

Anyway would rather a game against Utd with a good crowd than the old firm - shows potential if Scottish football got rid of the old firm.

Albanian Hibs
03-12-2016, 08:09 AM

😂😂😂 utter tripe. You did not sing all game, only heard you after you scored with the usual united united chant. How many home fans were there?

southsider
03-12-2016, 08:10 AM
Despite the fact that you banned our fans from displaying our flags but you let your own little support display/wave theirs. Pathetic attitude and must be illegal.

Keith_M
03-12-2016, 08:19 AM
Does anybody have a decent photo of the Hibs End all wearing the Santa Hats?

PompeyHibs
03-12-2016, 08:21 AM
10/10 as always Great support

lucky
03-12-2016, 08:28 AM
How ***** a view is it from the Fair play upper stand? Couldn't see anything in the bottom corner of the pitch.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2016, 08:30 AM

Just a shame there was under 7000 of you for a game like that. Over 3000 Hibs fans made the trip and if that had been a Saturday we'd have been asking for more tickets and we would have got them thats a cert.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2016, 08:32 AM
How ***** a view is it from the Fair play upper stand? Couldn't see anything in the bottom corner of the pitch.

It is pish and I was right on the halfway line and couldn't see the corner down on the right, stupid idea to have corporate boxes jutting out in front of the stand and that grey railing impedes your view for anything happening on the near touchline.

resident_Arab
03-12-2016, 09:45 AM
I sadly couldn't make the game so watched on tv. The home fans were very subdued other than a couple of "Utd! Utd!" chants.

Speaking to Hibs fans who did attend they all said the same. Hibs fans totally out sang the home fans - that said over 3000 Hibernian supporters in
a 10,000 odd crowd so not a big home support.

Absolute nonsense sorry, selective hearing

Watched it back on tv, our fans came over most of the game (lots of different songs I could list) very well despite the cameras being at the dugout side, I know this is sour grapes and bias on here because I was behind the goal and we sang all game like I said

The guys in the Hibs end couldn't hear us and we couldn't hear them but both were singing, you on the other hand are gibbering

My cousin had to go in the George Fox and was near the halfway line, he said both sets of fans were loud, but after our goal Hibs went quiet and Utd got louder, that's reality

resident_Arab
03-12-2016, 09:48 AM
Just a shame there was under 7000 of you for a game like that. Over 3000 Hibs fans made the trip and if that had been a Saturday we'd have been asking for more tickets and we would have got them thats a cert.

There wasn't, just under 8,000

So not far off a derby home support

Our support was excellent, no need for the bitterness, nothing decided last night by any means

Col_0762
03-12-2016, 09:49 AM

Watched it back on tv, our fans came over most of the game (lots of different songs I could list) very well despite the cameras being at the dugout side, I know this is sour grapes and bias on here because I was behind the goal and we sang all game like I said

The guys in the Hibs end couldn't hear us and we couldn't hear them but both were singing, you on the other hand are gibbering

My cousin had to go in the George Fox and was near the halfway line, he said both sets of fans were loud, but after our goal Hibs went quiet and Utd got louder, that's reality

You really are in cloud cukoo land! Get back to your sister, inbred cretin!

resident_Arab
03-12-2016, 09:50 AM
Despite the fact that you banned our fans from displaying our flags but you let your own little support display/wave theirs. Pathetic attitude and must be illegal.

The display guys are only allowed to do that pre match then they collect all the flags before the game gets under way, that's not pathetic, it's sensible

That was mentioned in the lead up btw

renato
03-12-2016, 09:52 AM
Anyway, good crowd all round and a shame the players couldn't match the quality of the support we gave, last night.

resident_Arab
03-12-2016, 09:52 AM
You really are in cloud cukoo land! Get back to your sister, inbred cretin!

Certainly not, facts I'm posting

I've got full story of singing from behind the goal, I'm on tv last night singing when it panned onto our end more than once

Both ends couldn't hear each other, that's all

Col_0762
03-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Certainly not, facts I'm posting

I've got full story of singing from behind the goal, I'm on tv last night singing when it panned onto our end more than once

Both ends couldn't hear each other, that's all

Is there a sound proof wall between ends? Cheering a corner/shy/goal kick doesn't count towards singing. Pop over to Dens to see how Dundonians support, you're not even the biggest club on your street, let alone city. Tin pot.

resident_Arab
03-12-2016, 10:39 AM
LOL

:greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
03-12-2016, 10:58 AM

Utter nonsense I have just watch the start of the game again. One chant from Utd and non/ stop Hibs singing. Thought it was going to be a near sellout yet only 7500 home fans.

0-0 would have been a fair result but maybe this is a wake up call. Falkirk and Dundee U will not just hand Hibs the title so we need to strengthen in January.

WhileTheChief..
03-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Gotta love a good argument over who's fans sing the loudest.

Takes me back to the days of Creamola Foam and yon wee Smash robots :greengrin

H18 SFR
03-12-2016, 12:52 PM
The only think worse than last night's end result is that in 4 weeks the build up starts to another Utd game with constant pish talking from the Arab guy. Let's see then how many Utd fans actually come and how many songs they sing. Wait, do they not o my have one song, Utd, Utd?

03-12-2016, 01:01 PM

I'm not being funny but the United fans only came to life after you scored.

Outstanding hibs support tonight :flag:

ClewsHibs
03-12-2016, 01:05 PM
What was with the United fans behind the goals shining lights from their phones before the game?

resident_Arab
03-12-2016, 02:19 PM
For a start we have more songs than most clubs, there wasn't a huge variety coming from Hibs when I watched it back, you can hear all the United songs on the footage loud and clear despite the mics being nearer the away end

So that's me got lots of footage of our singing, I'm on camera atleast once singing, you hear our singing on the footage so...

There is the fantasy land view of what took place (from a few on this thread) and the reality which was both sets of fans singing for much of the game

Zazu62
03-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Has this turned into a hibs and Dundee united forum?

cabbageandribs1875
03-12-2016, 02:28 PM
radio scotland must have had the mics down the away end, didn't hear any songs from the home end....well maybe one when they scored, so well done the home fans creating a great atmosphere...with that sole song

Yorkshire HFC
03-12-2016, 02:31 PM
Has this turned into a hibs and Dundee united forum?

Are we really bothered about which fans sing best?

i just wish Hibs could start winning more of these big games.

Shrekko
03-12-2016, 02:31 PM
Hibs fans were utterly immense last night- nothing else needs said.

RoxburghHibs
03-12-2016, 02:32 PM
For a start we have more songs than most clubs, there wasn't a huge variety coming from Hibs when I watched it back, you can hear all the United songs on the footage loud and clear despite the mics being nearer the away end

So that's me got lots of footage of our singing, I'm on camera atleast once singing, you hear our singing on the footage so...

There is the fantasy land view of what took place (from a few on this thread) and the reality which was both sets of fans singing for much of the game

You are clearly making stuff up now. Dundee U used to be a club I didn't mind but your posts are slowly changing that.

Think your club are fast becoming the new Falkirk. Annoying wee club with annoying wee stadium with annoying fans who annoyingly get results against us.

Franck Stanton
03-12-2016, 02:44 PM
The display guys are only allowed to do that pre match then they collect all the flags before the game gets under way, that's not pathetic, it's sensible

That was mentioned in the lead up btw

Utter garbage,TOTAL LIES. I live in Dunbar and for some godforsaken reason the STV coverage I get is from Aberdeen/Dundee areas. On Stv news it showed an interview from inside the ground and the flags-you claim are collected prior to kick-off-were clearly visable in lower section behind the goal,nearest to tunnel.

By the way, just what age are you ? From your posts and reasons for arguing seem very immature and childish.
So what if it was the Hibs or Unt fans that made the most noise. - Counts for nowt now does it ?

Oh and by the way, I hear Unt have released details about supporters travelling to Er for the return fixture --Two tandems have been hired - seats available.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2016, 02:49 PM

You've watched nae game back ya balloon. You are deliberately fabricating the course of events to get reactions. Go away and post on your own forum and talk about the post match celebrations like you'd won a cup? Bizarre fans.

Keith_M
03-12-2016, 03:18 PM

:troll:

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2016, 03:20 PM

Albanian Hibs
03-12-2016, 08:38 PM

😂😂😂

Albanian Hibs
03-12-2016, 08:47 PM

More songs than most clubs? No variety of songs from us? Pish and pish again.

Surprised your mum let you stay out late last night. If I had to guess i would say you were about 13 years old?

Callum7
03-12-2016, 08:57 PM

How much time do you have? You listened to the match just to tell us that you were signing!

This threads getting ridiculous. If we just tell him he was singing maybe it will sink to the bottom of the forum?

Carheenlea
03-12-2016, 09:11 PM
I`m not really interested about Dundee United or their fans. Our support though was simply magnificent - travelling in big numbers to a night-time televised match, loud, supportive of team and at times, two different songs belting out from our two stands at same time. Best away support for a long time.

Highland_Hibee
03-12-2016, 09:41 PM
On the tele it was almost always Hibs fans that were audible until United scored. That is not being Hibs biased it's just fact. You guys that were there were magnificent. I'm still gutted it was a game I had to miss even after the result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Babyshamble
04-12-2016, 01:24 AM
Somewhere between 1500-2500 if things are a tight as this after the next four games

Hopefully another big crowd.think you'll agree with me that we both need to go up this year.stuart cosgrove on the radio earlier saying he was delighted with st johnstones crowd of 2000 today "because it was near Christmas ". Ridiculous comment.

GreenLake
04-12-2016, 02:34 AM
Great support, sad we didn't win for them.

Jones28
04-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Who honestly gives a **** who sang more?

We took a terrific away support and the team underperformed. Thems the facts.

resident_Arab
04-12-2016, 01:34 PM
Some sensible posts on but the majority are Hibslusional, it's quite embarrassing how much reality is being twisted, everything I've posted is exactly what took place

Never came across this from any other set of fans apart from the deelusional bunch across the road (I'm not talking about the decent sensible hibbies on here) and they are kings of delusion

When we were at Tynecastle last December midweek for example , Hearts fans were man enough to praise our excellent vocal support (we only had the one section 700+) and criticise their quiet home backing

If Hibs get as good vocal backing at home in January as United got on Friday, you'll be doing well

And another thing, this better than DUFC attitude you have is misguided, you have done nothing to justify trying to lord it over my club, certainly not in my lifetime, being generous you've been our equal, so quite amusing to see you try and lump us in with Falkirk, that's the team that finished above you last season (they've not finished above us since the last time you did in 2007) and are only 6 pts behind our clubs right now

RoxburghHibs
04-12-2016, 01:59 PM
If Hibs get as good vocal backing at home in January as United got on Friday, you'll be doing well

I'm starting to think you actually believe the dross you post. Of all the opposing fans who post on this message board you are without doubt the most disillusioned I've seen for many years (or maybe you are just on the wind up - which would actually make more sense). I was wondering why you are constantly on a Hibs messageboard (I find it creepy that you are always on here and not on a Utd forum) then realised, after checking, that it's because the Dundee Utd message boards are nowhere near as busy! That all said Dundee Utd fans did back their team on Friday - nobody is saying they didn't - but nothing close to the backing Hibs got from their fans on the night. At one stage both stands were belting out different Hibs songs and the home stands were in silence. Was about the only enjoyable part of the game in truth. End of the day this thread is about praising the Hibs fans for their excellent performance and rightly so - I don't give a rats arse about Dundee Utd or what they did or did not do.

However it's normal for away fans to be more vocal and no doubt the Utd fans will be so when they come to Easter Road next month. If they do I will be the first one on here praising them as will most others.

As said before I used to have time for Dundee Utd as found their fans to be decent. Certainly had a good time, before the semi-final in Glasgow, sharing pints with Dundee Utd supporters and having some good banter. But you my friend are doing your best to come across as a total know it all.

Roll on the 6th January...

marinello59
04-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Some sensible posts on but the majority are Hibslusional, it's quite embarrassing how much reality is being twisted, everything I've posted is exactly what took place

Never came across this from any other set of fans apart from the deelusional bunch across the road (I'm not talking about the decent sensible hibbies on here) and they are kings of delusion

When we were at Tynecastle last December midweek for example , Hearts fans were man enough to praise our excellent vocal support (we only had the one section 700+) and criticise their quiet home backing

And another thing, this better than DUFC attitude you have is misguided, you have done nothing to justify trying to lord it over my club, certainly not in my lifetime, being generous you've been our equal, so quite amusing to see you try and lump us in with Falkirk, that's the team that finished above you last season (they've not finished above us since the last time you did in 2007) and are only 6 pts behind our clubs right now

Friendly warning. If you want to continue posting on a Hibs fans forum as a guest you quit calling the locals delusional etc. Up to you.

Since90+2
04-12-2016, 02:12 PM

You are delusional.

You seem to to like facts so here are some for you:

Hibs have won double the amount of major trophies that Dundee Utd have.

Hibs are above Dundee Utd in the all time Scottish league table.

You seem to think Dundee Utd are this unique respected Scottish institution. You are just a tin pot wee club from a crap wee town.

Oh and we are still top of the league.

Ronniekirk
04-12-2016, 02:13 PM

I am not interested in who has the better singing Section But on Season Ticket sales we have by far the bigger Support
However with a few players missing i was expectting a draw The fact you scored your pen and we missed ours denied us the point
This game alone wont decide who ends up Champions but when you look at current form United deserve credit for hauling themselves level on points given how they started the season
With Mcginn Fyvie and Keatings out injured and Cummings out of favour its clear our summer signings (keeper apart ) have not strenthened us they way i would have liked
As things stand the Championship is wide Open
But its a ong way to go yet
Are you confident your form will be maintained and where do you think your team will strenthen in January
This is now a huge few months for us to show we can bounce right back but also its clear we need to strengthen but in a way that improves the first team not the Squad
I think the business we do in this window will determine if we go on and pull away , or whether we continue to give you encoragement that you can win it
Mcginn and Fyvie s injurys couldnt of happened at a worse time and the fact we dont have a settled front two tells me that we still havent got it right up top
We have played ypu twice and not beat you but the next two encounters are likely to be cruciial
The Festive Season usually throws up some surprising results and i will be keeping an eye out for how your team does
Sometimes its easier to play catch up but harder to hit the front and stay there United have yet to be tested on that front and i will be happy if you dont get your noses in front
But no question Its Game On and we need to make sure we go up this Season

Brooster
04-12-2016, 02:19 PM
Resident Arab......do us all a favour and GTF. You are boring me to tears.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-12-2016, 03:09 PM

I have a great deal of sympathy for this point of view.

Carheenlea
04-12-2016, 05:45 PM

I have a great deal of sympathy for this point of view.

I echo this sentiment.

emerald green
04-12-2016, 06:25 PM

Nonsense. Not in your lifetime (some of it anyway) but how about the following facts?

After being saved from going out of business in 1923 your club changed its name from Dundee Hibernian to Dundee United in order to widen its appeal (lol). Something Hibernian FC has never had to do.

Between 1925 and 1932 your club were promoted and then relegated three times. DU achieved no success until they were promoted in 1959, some 27 years later. They remained in the top flight until 1995 until they were relegated again, returning a year later. DU were relegated again last season.

DU have been Scottish champions once in their history. Hibs have been champions four times, losing out on a fifth title only on goal average and another by one point.

Both clubs have been losers in umpteen cup finals, Hibs having reached more finals than DU in total. Hibs are current Scottish Cup holders. You might have heard!

Our stadium, training centre, and our fan base puts your club's in the shade.

I could go on but I'll leave it at that.

Since90+2
04-12-2016, 06:49 PM
Nonsense. Not in your lifetime (some of it anyway) but how about the following facts?

After being saved from going out of business in 1923 your club changed its name from Dundee Hibernian to Dundee United in order to widen its appeal (lol). Something Hibernian FC has never had to do.

Between 1925 and 1932 your club were promoted and then relegated three times. DU achieved no success until they were promoted in 1959, some 27 years later. They remained in the top flight until 1995 until they were relegated again, returning a year later. DU were relegated again last season.

DU have been Scottish champions once in their history. Hibs have been champions four times, losing out on a fifth title only on goal average and another by one point.

Both clubs have been losers in umpteen cup finals, Hibs having reached more finals than DU in total. Hibs are current Scottish Cup holders. You might have heard!

Our stadium, training centre, and our fan base puts your club's in the shade.

I could go on but I'll leave it at that.

:agree:

resident_Arab
04-12-2016, 08:17 PM
I'm starting to think you actually believe the dross you post. Of all the opposing fans who post on this message board you are without doubt the most disillusioned I've seen for many years (or maybe you are just on the wind up - which would actually make more sense). I was wondering why you are constantly on a Hibs messageboard (I find it creepy that you are always on here and not on a Utd forum) then realised, after checking, that it's because the Dundee Utd message boards are nowhere near as busy! That all said Dundee Utd fans did back their team on Friday - nobody is saying they didn't - but nothing close to the backing Hibs got from their fans on the night. At one stage both stands were belting out different Hibs songs and the home stands were in silence. Was about the only enjoyable part of the game in truth. End of the day this thread is about praising the Hibs fans for their excellent performance and rightly so - I don't give a rats arse about Dundee Utd or what they did or did not do.

However it's normal for away fans to be more vocal and no doubt the Utd fans will be so when they come to Easter Road next month. If they do I will be the first one on here praising them as will most others.

As said before I used to have time for Dundee Utd as found their fans to be decent. Certainly had a good time, before the semi-final in Glasgow, sharing pints with Dundee Utd supporters and having some good banter. But you my friend are doing your best to come across as a total know it all.

Roll on the 6th January...

Incorrect on who gave the most backing, no matter how many times you try and say it, have now verified it with a few people sitting near the halfway line, both ends gave good backing most of the game, only after the goal did it become one sided

You act like Hibs were very loud and we haven't had a support like it through, not the case, very good numbers and good backing but not loud enough for us to hear you much behind our goal (and vice versa) as when you are in amongst singing and a good atmosphere you won't hear the opposite end much unless they sing en masse, so not as loud as Celtic, Rangers (rip) or the Sheep (who bring similar numbers)

I have no extra feeling either way towards Hibs despite the delusion encountered from a fair percent on here, it's only a forum, Hibs fans I met at the semi were spot on, I celebrated your goals in the final

resident_Arab
04-12-2016, 08:21 PM
Friendly warning. If you want to continue posting on a Hibs fans forum as a guest you quit calling the locals delusional etc. Up to you.

Just call our as seen it, a lot of good posters but a fair amount of deluded too, some OFesque arrogance in the lead up to the game in some of the related threads, didn't expect that.

marinello59
04-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Just call our as seen it, a lot of good posters but a fair amount of deluded too, some OFesque arrogance in the lead up to the game in some of the related threads, didn't expect that.

Bye then.

Albanian Hibs
04-12-2016, 08:49 PM
just call our as seen it, a lot of good posters but a fair amount of deluded too, some ofesque arrogance in the lead up to the game in some of the related threads, didn't expect that.

gtf

Jonnyboy
04-12-2016, 08:50 PM
gtf

He has :greengrin

Hermit Crab
04-12-2016, 08:55 PM

See ya. Roaster!

WhileTheChief..
04-12-2016, 09:00 PM
11 years he was a member here and this is the thread that got him banned. Crazy.

fat freddy
04-12-2016, 09:12 PM
Surely hes not been banned for calling a few fans delusional? Have we become that sensitive? Cant we accept a view that is at odds with our own? I think it reflects badly on this forum if the guy has been booted for merely being a bit nippy

cabbageandribs1875
04-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Surely hes not been banned for calling a few fans delusional? Have we become that sensitive? Cant we accept a view that is at odds with our own? I think it reflects badly on this forum if the guy has been booted for merely being a bit nippy

absolutely, 11/10 :agree: shame on those that goaded the guy

Hermit Crab
04-12-2016, 09:18 PM

We don't know if its just a little holiday he's on. Might not be gardening leave.

Brooster
04-12-2016, 09:21 PM
Excellent news. Was getting too big for his boots, continually poking us.

fat freddy
04-12-2016, 09:24 PM
I propose that we boot Son of Haggart out for thinking Hearts fans were noisier than Hibs fans in Stratfords Bar before the last derby at Tynie, The Thought Police must must show consistancy with those that frequent this place but favour other teams

marinello59
04-12-2016, 09:38 PM
I propose that we boot Son of Haggart out for thinking Hearts fans were noisier than Hibs fans in Stratfords Bar before the last derby at Tynie, The Thought Police must must show consistancy with those that frequent this place but favour other teams

Thought police? Very good.

Smartie
04-12-2016, 09:42 PM
I've quite liked having the peh-muncher on here but he got carried away on this thread.

Football fans are biased, delusional morons everywhere you go and when you go on another team's site you can only expect to get a lot of nonsense you don't agree with - you're never going to last long anywhere when you start pointing that out.

I can't believe this thread was the one that led to him getting the boot/ time on the naughty step, without even a passing mention of the emotive subjects of Matty Jack or somebody pumping Daphne Broon.

Dashing Bob S
04-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Can't believe that this guy has been banned for absolutely nothing. We seem to have not only become Jambo/Hun arrogant vis-a-vis the other clubs in our division, but also, the flip side, incredibly think-skinned.

marinello59
04-12-2016, 09:46 PM
I've quite liked having the peh-muncher on here but he got carried away on this thread.

Football fans are biased, delusional morons everywhere you go and when you go on another team's site you can only expect to get a lot of nonsense you don't agree with - you're never going to last long anywhere when you start pointing that out.

I can't believe this thread was the one that led to him getting the boot/ time on the naughty step, without even a passing mention of the emotive subjects of Matty Jack or somebody pumping Daphne Broon.

He has been a decent poster which is why he was asked to drop the insults rather than being given an infraction in the first place. His choice. We get enough complaints about suppprters of other teams being here in the first place. It's a no win game. :greengrin

Del Boy
04-12-2016, 10:09 PM
Guy made a lot of fair points I thought. Maybe went on a bit, but fair play to him for defending his team against a lot of insults.

Del Boy
04-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Can't believe that this guy has been banned for absolutely nothing. We seem to have not only become Jambo/Hun arrogant vis-a-vis the other clubs in our division, but also, the flip side, incredibly think-skinned.

Absolutely. The only downside of winning the cup is that it's brought out an ugly arrogance in some of our supporters.

lucky
04-12-2016, 10:12 PM
I can't understand why anyone would want to be on another teams fans forum. This guy was at it and he knew it he got a warning then got binned. If members on here don't like it either become an admin or don't post. Hardly our admins fault the guy was rattling cages.

marinello59
04-12-2016, 10:18 PM
Absolutely. The only downside of winning the cup is that it's brought out an ugly arrogance in some of our supporters.

Really?
I have witnessed no Cup generated arrogance, just joy and thanks that we finally won the thing. The general feeling I get is that it's great that we won the cup but we have a lot of hard work ahead of us to get out of this league.