02-12-2016, 09:32 PM
Hibernian Dundee Utd
Possession: 53% 47%
Shots 9 15
Shots on target 4 4
Corners 6 1
Fouls 9 19
Penalties 1 1

The reality is that we dominated possession to the point that United resorted to commiting 19 fouls to our measly 9
The reality is thatwe overwhelmingly won the corner count - 6 to their 1 - but failed, once again, to take advantage of this
The reality is that we failed to convert into goals our 4 shots on target, whilst United similarly failed to convert into goals their 4 shots on target ( shots off target can be discounted, but if counted, then United should feel more embarrassed - missing all 11 of theirs against our 5)
The reality is that we both had 1 penalty awarded- We missed and They scored - GAME SETTLED!

The reality is that despite only winning 4 and drawing 4 of our last 10 games we find ourselves TOP OF THE TABLE -ALBEIT ON GOAL DIFFERENCE

The reality also is that we have scored the most and conceded the least goals in the division.

The reality is that Lennon now knows the strengths of his squad and individual players and is already working on bringing in the quality and personnel to make us stronger for the championship run-in.

Sammy7nil
02-12-2016, 09:36 PM
The reality is at 1-0 at ER we had the chance to go 11 points clear of D Utd The reality is they have caught us. Remember Falkirk last year take nothing for granted. I agree though we are better than them.

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-12-2016, 09:36 PM
I actually agree 100%. Was a bit shocked to see the shot count when I checked the match stats as I thought we were in control and the only team with any real attacking intent. Dundee Utd have nothing that scare me this season and I'm as confident as I was prior to kick off that we'll win the league - with at least 2 games to spare!!

Guaranteed tho there'll be plenty on here that come and turn your thread negative. I read the match thread when utd went in front and some comments were embarrassing. Wasting yer time attempting to be positive after a poor result. Only negative comments allowed

emerald green
02-12-2016, 09:44 PM
The reality is that Lennon now knows the strengths of his squad and individual players and is already working on bringing in the quality and personnel to make us stronger for the championship run-in.

Do you know who these "quality" personnel are?

The reality is we have been hearing this stuff for three seasons now in this division. The reality is that the January transfer window can be notoriously difficult to get "quality" players signed.

The reality is that "quality" players cost a lot of money and many of them won't want to play in the second tier of Scottish football.

The reality is that Hibs like every other club have a limited budget. We are not Manchester City.

The reality is that DU will no doubt try to bring in "quality" too in January. To make them stronger for the run-in.

Hi Heid Yin
02-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Do you know who these "quality" personnel are?

The reality is we have been hearing this stuff for three seasons now in this division. The reality is that the January transfer window can be notoriously difficult to get "quality" players signed.

The reality is that "quality" players cost a lot of money and many of them won't want to play in the second tier of Scottish football.

The reality is that Hibs like every other club have a limited budget. We are not Manchester City.

The reality is that DU will no doubt try to bring in "quality" too in January. To make them stronger for the run-in.

This season is unlike the previous two, in that we, for the first time, sit TOP OF THE LEAGUE - despite some indifferent performances. We are not chasing any one. They are all chasing us, including Dundee United, who have scraped 1 goal victories regularly by the skin of their teeth.
Regarding the quality players: The Evening News and other media sources have named at least 4 or 5 that I could name, but I will not, as I will assume that you have been keeping tabs on the rumours and connections to Hibs as much as the rest of us.
To suggest that quality won't want to play in the 2nd tier of Scottish football is interesting when you consider the quality that has come to Easter Road these last few seasons and contributed significantly - Stokes, Henderson, McGinn, McGeouch, Fyvie, Graye, McGregor, Malonga. Our football club is no ordinary football club. It is a premier club in every respect and thus quality (within reason and budget) will come to ER irrespective.

1875STEVE
02-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Hibernian Dundee Utd
Shots 9 15
Shots on target 4 4
Corners 6 1
Fouls 9 19
Penalties 1 1

The reality is that we dominated possession to the point that United resorted to commiting 19 fouls to our measly 9
The reality is thatwe overwhelmingly won the corner count - 6 to their 1 - but failed, once again, to take advantage of this
The reality is that we failed to convert into goals our 4 shots on target, whilst United similarly failed to convert into goals their 4 shots on target ( shots off target can be discounted, but if counted, then United should feel more embarrassed - missing all 11 of theirs against our 5)
The reality is that we both had 1 penalty awarded- We missed and They scored - GAME SETTLED!

The reality is that despite only winning 4 and drawing 4 of our last 10 games we find ourselves TOP OF THE TABLE -ALBEIT ON GOAL DIFFERENCE

The reality also is that we have scored the most and conceded the least goals in the division.

Same problem that we have had since we came down.

Lack of pace/creativity.

We need, IMO, a midfielder to chip in with goals, and someone wo can get crosses in.

emerald green
02-12-2016, 10:27 PM
This season is unlike the previous two, in that we, for the first time, sit TOP OF THE LEAGUE - despite some indifferent performances. We are not chasing any one. They are all chasing us, including Dundee United, who have scraped 1 goal victories regularly by the skin of their teeth.
Regarding the quality players: The Evening News and other media sources have named at least 4 or 5 that I could name, but I will not, as I will assume that you have been keeping tabs on the rumours and connections to Hibs as much as the rest of us.
To suggest that quality won't want to play in the 2nd tier of Scottish football is interesting when you consider the quality that has come to Easter Road these last few seasons and contributed significantly - Stokes, Henderson, McGinn, McGeouch, Fyvie, Graye, McGregor, Malonga. Our football club is no ordinary football club. It is a premier club in every respect and thus quality (within reason and budget) will come to ER irrespective.

Agreed Hibs are top of the Championship on goal difference. Hopefully they will be there at the end of the season. After tonight that remains to be seen. The performance was very poor tonight.

If we are a Premier Division club in every respect, as you say, then sitting top of the Championship on GD is no big deal. No Hearts. No Ibrox club this season. Until Hibs are promoted we are a Championship club. That's the reality I'm afraid.

The rumours going around I don't pay a lot of attention to because they are often just a load of pish. Some of the names I've seen quoted are no more than ageing has-beens. I don't consider them to be "quality" players. It depends on what you consider as "quality" though.

I concede your point regarding some of the players who have come to Hibs whilst in the Championship. I do maintain however that as long as Hibs remain in the Championship it will make it more difficult going forward to continue to attract "quality" players.

Steve20
02-12-2016, 10:29 PM
Hibernian Dundee Utd
Shots 9 15
Shots on target 4 4
Corners 6 1
Fouls 9 19
Penalties 1 1

Keep burying your head in the sand.

Lennon is awful

FitbaFolkKen
02-12-2016, 10:35 PM

Lennon is awful

You are just a little ray of sunshine

madabouthibs
02-12-2016, 10:40 PM
But surely it's Stevenson's fault?

Hi Heid Yin
02-12-2016, 10:46 PM

Lennon is awful

No burying the head in the sand by me.
I can be the biggest critic of anyone and everyone currently managing or playing at Easter Road.

Neil Lennon can do no more than take our side to the top of the league during the season. Has he done this? YES
Could we be further ahead whilst top of the league? YES
Do I feel that he will bring in the personnel to make us stronger and thus increase our league championsip title prospects? YES

For me, Lennon will be ultimately judged by the majority of Hibs fans and the watching football world at the seasons conclusion, when the final tables are compiled.

Sir David Gray
02-12-2016, 11:00 PM
I'm even more convinced after tonight that we will win the title.

I believe that was pretty much their full team out there tonight whereas we were without McGinn, Fyvie and Keatings who were all first team starters before their respective injuries. I believe we will also be in a stronger position to recruit in January than they will.

Tonight was poor but I've no doubts about winning the league if we can keep everyone fit for the last few months of the season.

Hi Heid Yin
02-12-2016, 11:03 PM

I believe that was pretty much their full team out there tonight whereas we were without McGinn, Fyvie and Keatings who were all first team starters before their respective injuries. I believe we will also be in a stronger position to recruit in January than they will.

Tonight was poor but I've no doubts about winning the league if we can keep everyone fit for the last few months of the season.

I agree 100%:aok:

Captain Trips
02-12-2016, 11:10 PM
The reality is we are top of the league

The reality is we have played poorly some weeks

The reality is we have played well some weeks

The reality is we have scored the most goals

The reality is we have conceded the least

emerald green
03-12-2016, 09:00 AM

The reality is we have played poorly some weeks

The reality is we have played well some weeks

The reality is we have scored the most goals

The reality is we have conceded the least

Agreed, but the reality is also that all of the above is whilst playing in the Championship. The second tier of Scottish football for our third season.

Lets be honest. The quality in this league is basically awful, and Hibs are getting dragged into a dog fight to get out of it.

shreevesy
03-12-2016, 09:13 AM
Hibernian Dundee Utd
Shots 9 15
Shots on target 4 4
Corners 6 1
Fouls 9 19
Penalties 1 1

The only match stat worth it's salt is the goals for and goals against, that's the reality.
We were 7 points ahead of them at one stage and now they've caught us, whatever the match stats said during those games didn't mean a thing apart from winning by scoring more goals than the opposition, they reality of that is that they did that better than we did.

rotherhamrob
03-12-2016, 09:47 AM
It didn't help that during the time they closed the gap on us we had a player wrongly sent off twice,surely that's a significant stat.

Big L
03-12-2016, 10:07 AM
I don't see the need for panic, losing McGinn & Fyvie was major in last night's defeat. I always thought Dun Utd were going to be our nearest challengers, we have two more games against them and we will make them count. Lennon will also bring in at least two more players to further strengthen the squad. GGTTH

BSEJVT
03-12-2016, 10:11 AM

Whilst those are admirable sentiments and I wouldn't necessarily disagree that is what should happen, you have unfortunately overlooked the fact that when the chips are down Hibs more of often than not fail miserably and have done for decades.

Even in recent memory our relegation was entirely in our hands and should have been easily avoidable.

2 years ago we had the beating of Rangers on a fairly regular basis and chucked it in the play off game

Last year we caught them from miles behind and chucked it

Were streets ahead of Falkirk at one point and threw that away

Lost 2 poor goals in the League Cup Final

Lost poor poor goals in the Falkirk play off game

Should have seen United off at ER

Should have seen Falkirk off at ER

Then lost a game last we dominated last night

I am unconvinced by Lennon

We are 6 points worse off in a poorer league at this stage after an awful start last year compared to a brilliant one this year.

With the possible exception of Boyle (last night excepted) I would argue that every single one of our players is performing worse than they were last season

There is no doubt in mind we are a poorer squad than we were last year.

There are dozens of reasons why we should win the league and I still think we will (although a lot rides on the January window), but conversely there are a good few reasons why we wont.

J-C
03-12-2016, 10:18 AM
I agree we'll win the league when they can only beat our weakened team with a penalty but it also highlights our lack of depth in the squad. 2-3 quality signings still needed for this team.

Kavinho
03-12-2016, 10:34 AM
One man's reality is another's opinion.

Mine is we'll win this league, that we weren't great last night, and theres plenty more to come from this side under Lennon.

Badly missed mcGinn and Fyvie

beensaidbefore
03-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Same problem that we have had since we came down.

Lack of pace/creativity.

We need, IMO, a midfielder to chip in with goals, and someone wo can get crosses in.

A Latapy type would do the trick.

Betty Boop
03-12-2016, 10:39 AM
When do we start skooshing it then ?

tamig
03-12-2016, 10:42 AM
One man's reality is another's opinion.

Mine is we'll win this league, that we weren't great last night, and theres plenty more to come from this side under Lennon.

Badly missed mcGinn and Fyvie

Couldn't agree more 👍

emerald green
03-12-2016, 10:52 AM
A Latapy type would do the trick.

Anyone remotely as good as Latapy was in his prime will be signed up on a long term contract and playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship. If not, I'd be very surprised.

Why would such a player then leave that club to sign for Hibs, unless Hibs could match or better his current wages? Possibly uproot his wife and children to move too?

When do we start skooshing it then ?

Good question BB. Maybe one of the "skooshers" could let us know?

WhileTheChief..
03-12-2016, 11:01 AM
If Dundee Utd are so damn good why are they not sitting 10 points clear and skooshing it?

cmcd
03-12-2016, 11:03 AM
No burying the head in the sand by me.
I can be the biggest critic of anyone and everyone currently managing or playing at Easter Road.

Neil Lennon can do no more than take our side to the top of the league during the season. Has he done this? YES
Could we be further ahead whilst top of the league? YES
Do I feel that he will bring in the personnel to make us stronger and thus increase our league championsip title prospects? YES

For me, Lennon will be ultimately judged by the majority of Hibs fans and the watching football world at the seasons conclusion, when the final tables are compiled.

Good post
And by the way nobody takes Steve20 seriously

emerald green
03-12-2016, 11:15 AM
If Dundee Utd are so damn good why are they not sitting 10 points clear and skooshing it?

But that's the very reason Hibs should be several points clear of them. DU are not very good. I don't think anyone has said that have they? They are an average side which has got to that stage from being a complete shambles at the end of last season. They are now 11 games undefeated in all matches this season.

Hibs have had two and a bit seasons in this league and the same failings are still there.

Thecat23
03-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Anyone remotely as good as Latapy was in his prime will be signed up on a long term contract and playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship. If not, I'd be very surprised.

Why would such a player then leave that club to sign for Hibs, unless Hibs could match or better his current wages? Possibly uproot his wife and children to move too?

Good question BB. Maybe one of the "skooshers" could let us know?

Start next week 😎

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2016, 11:54 AM
The reality is, no team can get promotion after the chaos of a pre season like Dundee United had, its impossible apparently.

You also need time to prepare for this league, going by all this we will skoosh it.

Beefster
03-12-2016, 11:58 AM

Lennon is awful

No matter how pish I feel, your posts always cheer me up because I realise that I evidently haven't hit rock bottom yet. Thanks mate.

3pm
03-12-2016, 11:58 AM
The reality is, no team can get promotion after the chaos of a pre season like Dundee United had, its impossible apparently.

You also need time to prepare for this league, going by all this we will skoosh it.

They are crap but doesn't say much for us at this time.