PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

hibbysam
02-12-2016, 10:19 PM
Can Neil Lennon please end this game now and get our best centre forward back in the side and scoring goals again. He might be a bit of a character but he is a top quality footballer who puts the ball in the net. Afar better option up too than any other, it should be Jason Cummings plus one of the others.

essexhibee
02-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Agreed. Boyle should never start before him next week.

familyman
02-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Agreed. Boyle should never start before him next week.
The lack of close control apart , Jason can usually turn up with something a bit out of the ordinary, Boyle is often predictable and I guess once known easy to snuff out by full backs of quality..
Play Boyle against the teams lower down the league and he will excel with his pace then.

BullsCloseHibs
02-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Thought JC looked good when he came on tonight. Time to get him back starting in the Famous G&W.

JimmyL
03-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Sorry not for me he is slow, predictable & easy to defend against has shown nothing to prove he should be in the team to get us out this league

AgentDaleCooper
03-12-2016, 01:25 AM
Sorry not for me he is slow, predictable & easy to defend against has shown nothing to prove he should be in the team to get us out this league

you mean apart from being the division's top scorer in spite of spending over the last 6 games sitting on the bench with barely any game time? really?

i felt relieved when he came on. he has his limitations, and i wish he would chase people down and show more desire to do the boring stuff, but he's still, at the end of the day, more likely than anyone else to put the ball in the net.

Ozyhibby
03-12-2016, 01:37 AM

Given the amount of goals he has scored he can't be that easy to defend against?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legends of 73
03-12-2016, 01:39 AM
Given the amount of goals he has scored he can't be that easy to defend against?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the most sensible thing you've said all night😂😂😂

JimmyL
03-12-2016, 01:47 AM
Or poor defenders who have now woken up to put him on his right foot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hermit Crab
03-12-2016, 07:04 AM
Cummings is predictable. Always wants to cut i on his left, defenders know this so they just show him on to his right foot as he's no got one!

Greenworld
03-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Cummings is predictable. Always wants to cut i on his left, defenders know this so they just show him on to his right foot as he's no got one!
I laugh at people picking on lefties the vast majority of right footed players are the same so by this logic no players should score.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

KeithTheHibby
03-12-2016, 08:50 AM
Cummings looked good last night, was keen to get on the ball and looked a threat. Boyle was very poor. Aside from his penalty miss his control was woeful.
JC to start next week against Dumbarton.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2016, 08:51 AM
I laugh at people picking on lefties the vast majority of right footed players are the same so by this logic no players should score.

I'm left footed but i had to learn to use my right as well. He needs to do the same.

Greenworld
03-12-2016, 08:56 AM
I'm left footed but i had to learn to use my right as well. He needs to do the same.
Your instinct will take you to your left most of the time.
I'm also left footed I think to much is made of it .
Cummings will always score goals just needs to get starts again

CupidStunt1875
03-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Can Neil Lennon please end this game now and get our best centre forward back in the side and scoring goals again. He might be a bit of a character but he is a top quality footballer who puts the ball in the net. Afar better option up too than any other, it should be Jason Cummings plus one of the others.

I completely agree, no one can tell me Martin Boyle is a better striker than Jason Cummings. Lennon has to end this madness immediately before it's too late.

Hibby Kay-Yay
03-12-2016, 09:04 AM

Reminds me of Fletcher, how did his career pan out again? I think left footers get more focus on their inability to use their other foot compared to right footers.

Right now Jason's record speaks for itself, top scorer in the league.

WhileTheChief..
03-12-2016, 09:11 AM
Cummings will start in place of Boyle next game.

Thats how it should work, you keep the jersey until you screw up then someone else stakes his claim.

It'll be up to Boyle to fight to get his place back.

wookie70
03-12-2016, 09:12 AM
Very few of our players are two footed. Jason is no exception there.

Hibby Kay-Yay
03-12-2016, 09:15 AM
Very few of our players are two footed. Jason is no exception there.

If we was two footed he would not be playing for us! Still need a reality check at times, we are in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football. We are not going to have brilliant players, they will have flaws.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2016, 09:23 AM
If we was two footed he would not be playing for us! Still need a reality check at times, we are in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football. We are not going to have brilliant players, they will have flaws.

Yet people were talking on here about getting 3-4-5 million for cummings. Laughable. Should have taken the money the posh offered.

Green Fish
03-12-2016, 09:29 AM
IF JC is playing and IF he gets some decent service from wide areas and midfield he wil score plenty.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
03-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Boyle is fine against the lesser teams In this league but was found wanting last night. Cummings is a cleverer player and should start v Dumbarton alongside Graham.

Tyler Durden
03-12-2016, 09:33 AM
Yet people were talking on here about getting 3-4-5 million for cummings. Laughable. Should have taken the money the posh offered.

You're trolling is laughable

MacGruber
03-12-2016, 09:45 AM

So easy to defend against he scores 30 a season. Top job defenders - easy really, kept well under 40!!!

PiemanP
03-12-2016, 12:17 PM
The only crumb of comfort from last night is that Cummings is surely a cert to start next week.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2016, 12:22 PM
Cummings will start in place of Boyle next game.

Thats how it should work, you keep the jersey until you screw up then someone else stakes his claim.

It'll be up to Boyle to fight to get his place back.
Play both of them, they are our 2 top scorers

ancient hibee
03-12-2016, 12:35 PM
He should have been brought on at half time for Boyle so that he could start the second half with the others rather than trying to get into the rhythm of the game later.A bad mistake by Lennon I thought.

Hiber-nation
03-12-2016, 12:37 PM
He should have been brought on at half time for Boyle so that he could start the second half with the others rather than trying to get into the rhythm of the game later.A bad mistake by Lennon I thought.

I know I'm repeating myself but I couldn't understand this either, particularly when you saw Lennon shaking his head and turning his back in dismay at Boyle's every (poor) touch.

wookie70
03-12-2016, 12:39 PM
Why don't managers make changes earlier in games. Boyle was having one of those nights

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Could tell after 20 mins that it was never going to be Boyles night. That just happens sometimes, to all players. For Lennon not to swap him for Cummings at half time was utterly ridiculous. To encourage him to take the penalty after the night he had had and then keep him on the field for another 10 minutes when his confidence was shot was even worse. Cummings had two shots on target in the 25 mins he was given.

marleyhib
03-12-2016, 01:24 PM
Boyle's not a natural finisher Jason is. Trouble I see is he doesn't get the service as we have no width and no one who can cross so Lennon has turned to Boyle and his pace. New signings required in Jan, someone who can beat a man and can cross would be a start.

ancient hibee
03-12-2016, 01:59 PM
When you consider the amount of ball we have out wide in every match the lack of decent crossing is very obvious.And when you see the number of tall players we have the lack of goals(or even saves by the goalie)from corners is a disgraceWhen I saw that the latest ploy is to bring Lewis cross field to take free kicks I could only shake me head.While strikers movement could be better there is no excuse for poor delivery particularly from deadball.