PDA

View Full Version : Grant Holt

Centre Hawf
02-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Forgot he was on the park till he decided to get into a case of handbags with Willo Flood and probably lucky to stay on the park. Why didn't Graham start after playing well against QOTS?

Del Boy
02-12-2016, 08:47 PM
He was brutal and should have been sent off

hibbysam
02-12-2016, 08:49 PM

No he shouldn't have been.

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2016, 08:49 PM
He's hopeless, cant run cant jump and cant score, apart from that he does play everywhere where he shouldnt be.

Steve20
02-12-2016, 08:56 PM
He's a dumpling:

Centre Hawf
02-12-2016, 08:57 PM
No he shouldn't have been.

I think we got lucky to stay with 11 men. Twice

hibbysam
02-12-2016, 08:59 PM
I think we got lucky to stay with 11 men. Twice

Twice?? Holt's wasn't a red, ref got it spot on booking them both. The only red card that could have been given was their right back for the tackle on Lewis.

Ozyhibby
02-12-2016, 09:01 PM
He's absolutely s****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForeverHibs93
02-12-2016, 09:03 PM
To be fair to him I don't think the elbow was meant, as I said in the match thread I think his arm just jolted back in the tussle that was going on.

As for him as a player, I've said it every time I've seen him, I just don't get it. I don't understand why so many on here seem to rate him so highly, I had high hopes when we signed him but he can't run, can't jump & can't even hold the ball up like you'd expect someone of his build to be able to do.

I'm perplexed as to why Lennon insists on playing him ahead of JC because it can't be about the rumoured link up play because Holts is poor anyway.

It's not his fault, he clearly tries but he's just not got it anymore IMO.

Nicho87
02-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Dud

ekhibee
02-12-2016, 09:05 PM
I don't think it would have made a difference if we'd brought Graham on earlier or started with him, our crossing was woeful tonight.

IberianHibernian
02-12-2016, 09:10 PM
I think he was very lucky not to get a red and Lennon should have substituted him then since he was ineffective after , obviously worried about a second card . Presume he was a good player in his time in England and some will like the way he uses his experience at times ( ref was probably intimidated by him tonight ) but his temperament can`t be great for team spirit ( tonight`s attitude after our penalty or mouthing off at Harris in Falkirk game as examples ) . Anyway , has odd good touch and was obviously only intended as a signing for this season at most so hope his experience will help us in promotion drive and cup defence .

sbell1875
02-12-2016, 09:12 PM
I'm sorry but Holt simply isn't good enough nor has done enough when he has played to merit his continual selection. He doesn't hold up play particularly well, he has no pace, he has zero movement, he causes us to go back to front far too often.

Considering how well Graham has played when he's come in and the fact that Jason has been sat on the bench for weeks now I have to seriously question what Lennon is doing.

Waxy
02-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Looking forward to getting a Cummings/Keatings partnership back up front.

james62
02-12-2016, 09:15 PM
He would probably have scored the penalty had he taken it which is what initially looked like was going to happen

Hibs Class
02-12-2016, 09:22 PM

Never a sending off.

Centre Hawf
02-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Twice?? Holt's wasn't a red, ref got it spot on booking them both. The only red card that could have been given was their right back for the tackle on Lewis.

I would have asked for a sending off if Flood did it to Holt. Fontaine was lucky to stay on the park for the penalty. Just my opinion.

Dundee Hibee
02-12-2016, 09:29 PM
Holt is more concerned with wrestling and playing his man rather than the ball, I felt he was very lucky to stay on the park as probably was United's right back for that high tackle.
Boyle's penalty was woeful.

Enough said
02-12-2016, 09:32 PM
Looking forward to getting a Cummings/Keatings partnership back up front.

Surely not???

bingo70
02-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Holts a decent player IMO even if he didn't have a great game tonight.

The alternative is Brian Graham who is a genuine huddy IMO? Holy would be in my team every time

BullsCloseHibs
02-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Holt is finished.

Waste of a shirt.

The Captain....
02-12-2016, 09:40 PM
I dont rate Holt or Graham but of the two would rather see Graham up front with Cummings. Holt is finished..if the ball is played into him directly and he doesn't have to move his considerable bulk he's capable of some cute lay offs, he'll also use his 'experience' to win free kicks. Other than that he is no goal threat whatsoever and cannot get about the pitch quick enough.. Poor...poor signing in a pre season that we didnt do very good business imo which is coming back to haunt us now.

Swedish hibee
02-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Awful again.

heid the baw
02-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Holts a decent player IMO even if he didn't have a great game tonight.

The alternative is Brian Graham who is a genuine huddy IMO? Holy would be in my team every time
Or Cummings

shreevesy
02-12-2016, 09:43 PM
He is not good enough for us and he should have been sent off tonight.

Del Boy
02-12-2016, 09:46 PM
If a Utd player had thrown the elbow he did on Andreu we'd be demanding a red. Had another naughty one down back if players leg in first half that could have been booking too.

FFS Lennon just put Cummings back in the team and get this fat useless ******* away to ****.

MWHIBBIES
02-12-2016, 09:48 PM
If a Utd player had thrown the elbow he did on Andreu we'd be demanding a red. Had another naughty one down back if players leg in first half that could have been booking too.

FFS Lennon just put Cummings back in the team and get this fat useless ******* away to ****.You ruin any chance of being taking seriously by personally insulting him.

Hi Heid Yin
Holt is our token tough guy - brought in to muscle his way around the opposition penalty area and upset defenders in the hope that the more fleet-footed, like Boyle, Cummings, Keatings can benefit.
Every team needs this type of player - as Lennon well knows. To date Holt gets a 55% effective against 45% ineffective from me.
For sure he appears as either not very fit and thus slower than he could be, or he is simply past it.
The jury is out for many of us, but I still err on the side of keeping him in as we are pretty lightweight and, dare I say, push-overs for a lot of the more robust teams we find ourselves up against.

hibbysam
I would have asked for a sending off if Flood did it to Holt. Fontaine was lucky to stay on the park for the penalty. Just my opinion.

for the penalty?? He made an attempt to play the ball therfore it would be against the rules to send him off. Holt didn't do anything apart from grab Flood? His elbow made contact with Andreu but not because he threw an elbow, because his arm became dislodged from Flood in the melee and jerked upwards.

Del Boy
02-12-2016, 09:56 PM
You ruin any chance of being taking seriously by personally insulting him.

Oh well

snooky
02-12-2016, 10:05 PM
He would probably have scored the penalty had he taken it which is what initially looked like was going to happen

Trouble is everybody that didn't take the penalty would probably have scored.
Even if the player that took it hadn't and somebody else had & missed. :cool2:

tamig
02-12-2016, 10:10 PM
Yet another bed wetting thread. Interesting that the end of the recent 4 game slump coincided with the reintroduction of Holt to the starting line up. How fickle. A prime example of the pish trotted out on here after a poor result.

snooky
02-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Holt is our token tough guy - brought in to muscle his way around the opposition penalty area and upset defenders in the hope that the more fleet-footed, like Boyle, Cummings, Keatings can benefit.
Every team needs this type of player - as Lennon well knows. To date Holt gets a 55% effective against 45% ineffective from me.
For sure he appears as either not very fit and thus slower than he could be, or he is simply past it.
The jury is out for many of us, but I still err on the side of keeping him in as we are pretty lightweight and, dare I say, push-overs for a lot of the more robust teams we find ourselves up against.

I'm not a Holt fan mainly because he disproves the theory that says an elephant is the only animal that can't jump.
That said, I do agree with you, L'sLip, we need a heavy up front as this is a league of toughies. He may not be ideal but until we get a foward that can jump, 'put it about' and score, I'm afraid he'll have to do.

ForeverHibs93
02-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Now I remember why I post so infrequently on here nowadays, as soon as any criticism of players or the team is said it's 'bedwetting' or some other pish excuse to moan about other people's opinion without actually taking the time to think out a well constructed response to their point for a counter argsummer, probably because they don't actually have one.

Pete
02-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Didn't have a good game but in general, brings a lot to the table. Some guff being posted tonight.

Nobody is untouchable and maybe it's time for a wee Graham/Cummings combo?

tamig
02-12-2016, 10:18 PM
Now I remember why I post so infrequently on here nowadays, as soon as any criticism of players or the team is said it's 'bedwetting' or some other pish excuse to moan about other people's opinion without actually taking the time to think out a well constructed response to their point for a counter argsummer, probably because they don't actually have one.
So what do you think of Holt?

Argylehibby
02-12-2016, 10:21 PM

You don't get sent off if you make an attempt to win the ball now so ref was right.

NAE NOOKIE
02-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Holt did little tonight to justify his inclusion, but that doesn't make him different from half the team .... if he is there for folk to play off of then based on tonight my question is who? .... not once can I remember anybody successfully feeding off him.

cmcd
02-12-2016, 10:44 PM
What a greeting faced shower of so called fans who sweet FA about players and the game.Give it a rest and back the Manager and the team

Canon Hannan
02-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Holt gave 100%

lucky
02-12-2016, 10:54 PM
He was poor tonight but the service into the front pair was awful. I was at the game but don't recall the elbow incident. I was surprised that Boyle took the penalty but I think the instruction came from the bench

jacomo
02-12-2016, 10:55 PM
I think he was very lucky not to get a red and Lennon should have substituted him then since he was ineffective after , obviously worried about a second card . Presume he was a good player in his time in England and some will like the way he uses his experience at times ( ref was probably intimidated by him tonight ) but his temperament can`t be great for team spirit ( tonight`s attitude after our penalty or mouthing off at Harris in Falkirk game as examples ) . Anyway , has odd good touch and was obviously only intended as a signing for this season at most so hope his experience will help us in promotion drive and cup defence .

He was a good player in England.

Grant Holt from 5 years ago would have dominated this division.

But Lennon needs to have his best players on the park. He's got the squad.

LaMotta
02-12-2016, 10:59 PM
Anyone who thinks any hibs player deserved a red card tonight is totally clueless.

3pm
02-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Don't think Holt was as bad as made out.

Hibby Bairn
02-12-2016, 11:02 PM
What a hard worker he is. Didn't always go his way tonight but just worked even harder to try and sort it. Good leader to have on the park imo.

NAE NOOKIE
02-12-2016, 11:07 PM
What a greeting faced shower of so called fans who sweet FA about players and the game.Give it a rest and back the Manager and the team

Thankfully you don't have to be Sir Alex bloody Ferguson to have an opinion about the game or the players .... folk are giving theirs, some I agree with, some I don't ..... it doesn't mean they aren't backing the team or the manager, especially the 3,000 who went tonight, some of whom wont think Holt was / is great or that the team played well.

Biggie
02-12-2016, 11:12 PM
So what do you think of Holt?

Holt is a ****ing carthorse, end of....finished.not even good enough for this ****ty league.
We slag the hearts off, but they're in the league above...the league we're struggling to get into ffs.
Standard is brutal but we can't even dominate the league below.
****ing sick off hibs making a **** of things......aye okay, we won the Scottish cup......go us.

mentalhibee
02-12-2016, 11:21 PM
Bring back big Dom Malonga and start playing football again rather hoofing it up to this huddy!

worcesterhibby
02-12-2016, 11:22 PM
Holt is a ****ing carthorse, end of....finished.not even good enough for this ****ty league.
We slag the hearts off, but they're in the league above...the league we're struggling to get into ffs.
Standard is brutal but we can't even dominate the league below.
****ing sick off hibs making a **** of things......aye okay, we won the Scottish cup......go us.

We're top of the league.....just saying :rolleyes:

eastcoasthibby
02-12-2016, 11:22 PM
Bemused by Holt ..he is big and strong can hold the ball in and bring players into the game but he far too often and in my view decides to flick it on or try to flick it on and gives the ball away ..his legs have gone , he plays way outside the box far too often and therefore can get and isn't in the box often enough for a number 9 ..Lennon needs to tell him to stop wandering all over the place and play centrally as a target or to be physical in the box ..cos we are getting nothing out of him just now !!

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-12-2016, 11:25 PM
Holt is cack. I've tried to like him but he f'n useless.

CallumHibs07
02-12-2016, 11:29 PM
Wasn't anywhere near as bad as Boyle.

Billychaotic182
03-12-2016, 01:23 AM
He was rotten. During the match at about the 60th min mark he has his hands on his hips during a corner and looked ******ed. How this wasn't a sign to get him of for Graham is mind boggling. And then when some fans challenged this you had other fans defending holt. Now I am all for sticking up for a player but Christ I'd have played better tonight upfront!

Pete
03-12-2016, 03:47 AM
Looks like we've found a new scapegoat. Never as bad as people are making out.

Ridiculous comments from those who obviously have the memory of a goldfish.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2016, 06:07 AM
Looks like we've found a new scapegoat. Never as bad as people are making out.

Ridiculous comments from those who obviously have the memory of a goldfish.

And don't go to games!!!

Centre Hawf
03-12-2016, 06:16 AM
My comments about Fontaines potential red are probably off the mark. He did attempt to play the ball so perhaps a yellow was fair. However how anyone can justify Holts contribution at times is baffling. He's past it physically and offers nothing tactically as he doesn't seem to do the basics well. Was it his fault we lost? Absolutely not. But he didn't contribute enough as has been a trend in his peformances imo. It's not bed wetting or finding a scapegoat its just an opinion.

SlatefordHibby
03-12-2016, 06:36 AM
And don't go to games!!!

:agree:

I only attend about half our games and I get Holt. One bad game on a national broadcaster and he's a fat, useless **** :faf:

eastcoasthibby
03-12-2016, 06:44 AM
Their goal I am positive came from Holt having the ball almost on their goal line just outside the box and tried to go round their player (with his pace 😱) and their player took it away and moved it on quickly to their midfield, resulting in them breaking up that side ..and a bit of pace and directness getting them a penalty. at the time I remember thinking when he tried to round the player, what the f@?k , no chance of you ding that, just play it off defenders legs ! But like it seems so often with him he makes the wrong decisions , falling looking for fouls when it's clearly not, flicking a ball on instead of holding it up, going wandering about the pitch when he needs to be central cos he hasn't got the legs to play anything other than a centre forward !
I have to admit I got why we brought him in and liked his input most of the time, but over the past 5-6 games he has gone backwards and not doing the job I think he is capable of and that we need.
I still think he can do a real job for us, but he needs to get back to being a target man playing centrally, linking up play, and playing in the box !!

Pretty Boy
03-12-2016, 07:12 AM
I like Holt but he was awful last night, really awful.

Re the sendings off debate. Didn't think there was much in the handbags although the half hearted swing of the elbow could have been viewed negatively by some refs. I did think he was luck with his tackle in the 1st half though. Over the ball and a stamping motion well above the ankle. Had it been on one of our players I'd be screaming for it.

CentreLine
03-12-2016, 07:13 AM
Wow! Just wow! We had a bad day at the office last night and Hibs.net is out hunting scapegoats.

Despite his 35 years Holt is still a very decent player at this level. He is a target man who brings other players in to the game. He sees passes in the channels and he makes life very difficult for defenders. He doesn't have a younger man's legs but he is a real asset to our attack ordinarily. Defenders struggle to deal with him all night. Not his fault that the openings created were not exploited.

As a club we do not seem to deal with international breaks and such like very well though.

Personally I'd much rather concentrate on things like Ray MacKinmon's ridiculous quote that Hibs will crumble after defeat last night. Let's get back on track and ram those words right back at him.

lord bunberry
03-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Holt gave 100%
He isn't giving the club 100% though as he can't even be bothered to get himself fit. It's a disgrace that a guy that's so overweight is managing to hold down a starting position.

Allant1981
03-12-2016, 07:24 AM

Even though he touched the ball first?

BoomtownHibees
03-12-2016, 07:25 AM
He isn't giving the club 100% though as he can't even be bothered to get himself fit. It's a disgrace that a guy that's so overweight is managing to hold down a starting position.

Overweight??? Are your eyes painted on?

lord bunberry
03-12-2016, 07:28 AM
Overweight??? Are your eyes painted on?
No.

southsider
03-12-2016, 07:34 AM
Widnae make a centre fir a donut.

GreenArmy1875
03-12-2016, 07:45 AM
Amazing how quickly fans can turn against players. Holt is a battering ram and imo is needed in certain games. He clearly is not a huddy or waste of a shirt just look at his record at a much higher level than us.
Holt is the type of player that every week our fans are crying out for the last 2 seasons. He does a very important job but it doesnt always work or look pretty.

if he took and scored the penalty tonight this thread would not be here. Another scapegoat which fans will hound him out and give him no chance to succeed.

hibeg
03-12-2016, 09:18 AM
I posted pre match that Graham should start. He played well in our last match and iMO didn't deserve to be dropped for Holt. Nothing about that performance from Holt made me change my mind. He was a waste of a jersey, but to be fair Boyle was worse, if that's possible.
Graham to start up front next week please !!

fulshie
03-12-2016, 09:26 AM
Holt had a poor game last night. I dont rate him but thats up to manager to do so. What summed up his performance last night was his poor touch and lazyness to try and retrieve that poor touch which ultmately ended in their penalty. Poor just poor.

snooky
03-12-2016, 09:36 AM
He should have been subbed after his booking because of his body language during and after the incident. I thought he was lucky to stay on the park. He had already got off with the nasty tackle earlier in the game. I fully expected us to finish with 10 men. It was only thanks to the ref we didn't.

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Amazing how quickly fans can turn against players. Holt is a battering ram and imo is needed in certain games. He clearly is not a huddy or waste of a shirt just look at his record at a much higher level than us.
Holt is the type of player that every week our fans are crying out for the last 2 seasons. He does a very important job but it doesnt always work or look pretty.

if he took and scored the penalty tonight this thread would not be here. Another scapegoat which fans will hound him out and give him no chance to succeed.

Agreed, some of the petty name calling is embarrassing. FFS he is a Hibs player, and was selected to play.

He is a big strong boy, who ruffles defences up, something we have been crying out for

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Widnae make a centre fir a donut.

:confused::confused:

Eyrie
03-12-2016, 10:30 AM
I've only seen a few of our games this season, but what I saw from Holt last night was what I've seen from him every other time. Old, slow and niggly with no goal threat.

I don't care how good a player he was five years ago, I only care about how good a player he is for us this season and sadly that means he has been a disappointment.

cmcd
03-12-2016, 10:59 AM
Wow! Just wow! We had a bad day at the office last night and Hibs.net is out hunting scapegoats.

Despite his 35 years Holt is still a very decent player at this level. He is a target man who brings other players in to the game. He sees passes in the channels and he makes life very difficult for defenders. He doesn't have a younger man's legs but he is a real asset to our attack ordinarily. Defenders struggle to deal with him all night. Not his fault that the openings created were not exploited.

As a club we do not seem to deal with international breaks and such like very well though.

Personally I'd much rather concentrate on things like Ray MacKinmon's ridiculous quote that Hibs will crumble after defeat last night. Let's get back on track and ram those words right back at him.Agree with this post

Brightside
03-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Some astounding stuff on here. :greengrin

emerald green
03-12-2016, 12:28 PM
I'm sorry, but Grant Holt is just not good enough. Not now. He's well past his best.

If he is representative of the sort of "quality" player(s) we might bring in during the January transfer window then we might be in trouble as far as winning the Championship is concerned. We need better players than Holt, but maybe players like Holt is as far as Hibs budget will allow? I just don't know.

PS: I agree Hibs need a big strong guy up front who can knock defenders about.

superfurryhibby
03-12-2016, 01:31 PM
I've only seen a few of our games this season, but what I saw from Holt last night was what I've seen from him every other time. Old, slow and niggly with no goal threat.

I don't care how good a player he was five years ago, I only care about how good a player he is for us this season and sadly that means he has been a disappointment.

I've seen enough of Holt to agree with you. For a guy who has played and done well at a much higher level he's not particularly good technically. The ball never seems to stick, he can't beat a man and he doesn't dominate defenders like you would hope for a guy with his pedigree. And, although naturally a big lad and all that, he definitely doesn't look in great shape.

Not sure I'm particularly keen on the big man notion anyway, better service would serve the strikers well enough and Cummings shows that you don't need to be man mountain to score goals.

Swedish hibee
03-12-2016, 01:45 PM
He was bullied off every ball by Falkirk a few weeks back. I don't see every game granted, but every game I have seen he's been poor. He must be on decent money, and so far, it's been money that could've been spent on someone better.

MyJo
03-12-2016, 01:54 PM
Liked the idea of him when he signed but he hasn't done enough to back it up. Doesn't score enough, doesn't assist enough, his touch, control and movement has been poor. The only thing he does well consistently is hassle and battle defenders.

I'd rather see Cummings and Graham given a run together from next week

Earlydelivery
03-12-2016, 02:06 PM
The forums great for opinions guys , but I have to say he's not for me,to slow and absolutely bullied last nite and when he's bullied he offers nothing .

Ozyhibby
03-12-2016, 02:12 PM
Only 3 goals so far. In the league we are playing in that is a disgraceful return.

03-12-2016, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry but Holt is offering us nothing.

A good goalscorer in his day but he is well and truly past it now i'm afraid.

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2016, 02:33 PM
Only 3 goals so far. In the league we are playing in that is a disgraceful return.

Yeah because the service he receives is outstanding:cb

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-12-2016, 02:56 PM
The service he receives is an absolute disgrace to be fair to him. I watched in horror(should be disbelieve but it wasn't) in injury time last night as we stuck 4 crosses in the space of 30 seconds onto the first Dundee Utd defenders head. 4 minutes to save the game and not a single cross-or lump into the box-beat the first man.

ahibby
03-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Shinnie slipping at a free kick which should have had them in trouble was the icing on the cake as far as mishaps, miskicks and poor crosses. I am not confident in our attack force. Holt is obviously a higher class player compared with Graham but Graham for me is more dangerous in the air than Holt and so if we are going to put high crosses in to the box then Graham is our man. If it's ball along the ground then Holt but saying that Holt has tried to lay off a number of times and I don't recall any of them resulting in a goal, could be wrong though. JC plays too much xbox or playstation apparently because he seems to think he can shoot through goal keepers. Boyle is really a winger, no? Wasn't surprised that he didn't score the penalty. I can't say that I'm confident when I see Liam Fontaine marauding up front because he isn't a creative player but he is a no nonsense defender. He was unlucky to have the penalty against him given, I like Chris Sutton thought he got a sole on the boot then the roll of the ball took him in to Murray but at normal speed it looks like a pen so understandable that it's given. I think scoring is going to be a problem going forward, until we get Fyvie and McGinn back. Holt and Graham are here because many of the Scottish Clubs at Championship and Premiership go for the real physical defenders and at least those two keep them busy in a way that JC and Keats couldn't.

snooky
03-12-2016, 03:49 PM
I've said it before, a good striker makes a chance out of nothing and a poor striker makes nothing out of a chance.

JimBHibees
03-12-2016, 03:53 PM

Holt is a decent player and good foil however need service and a better partner than the squirrel was last night.

silverhibee
03-12-2016, 04:10 PM

Holt should have seen red for to yellows last night, the yellow with Flood and he should have got another yellow for losing it with the ref and telling him to f*** off, Lennon should have subbed him after the 1st yellow, in fact Lennon should have hooked him right after the penalty when Holt looked like he gave Lennon a sign and told him to f*** off.

3pm
03-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Holt should have seen red for to yellows last night, the yellow with Flood and he should have got another yellow for losing it with the ref and telling him to f*** off, Lennon should have subbed him after the 1st yellow, in fact Lennon should have hooked him right after the penalty when Holt looked like he gave Lennon a sign and told him to f*** off.

Someone said at the game that he told Jason to warm up soon as the gesture was made.

Conj
03-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Well if he told Jason to warm up straight after the gesture, why didn't he take Holt off?

emerald green
03-12-2016, 06:52 PM

I sometimes wonder at times if a player is deliberately trying to get himself sent off.

Ronniekirk
03-12-2016, 07:08 PM

This for me Its lack of goals that are costing us games Although the problem is bigger than him

Squealing pig
03-12-2016, 08:27 PM
I like the big man . Think he is useful for getting out this league

hibsboy69
03-12-2016, 09:20 PM
It's a shame, but Holt's legs have gone. He's well past it - doesn't even win that much in the air.

My Dun Utd mate texted me after the game to say "great away support made lots of noise........but that guy Holt is murder and really overweight" ! :rolleyes:

The_Horde
04-12-2016, 12:47 AM
It's a shame, but Holt's legs have gone. He's well past it - doesn't even win that much in the air.

My Dun Utd mate texted me after the game to say "great away support made lots of noise........but that guy Holt is murder and really overweight" ! :rolleyes:

Aye, because he gave their defenders a tough time and played the pantomime villain. It's really no surprise our form dipped when Holt went out of the team, valuable player to us. Boyle's dire first touch, awareness and brutal penalty are the factors which contributed into the result.

I spoke with the Brondby fans after the away leg and they were singing Holty's praises. The only player they were more impressed with was super John.

Fans will tell you they hate Holt and think he's overweight and pish. But the truth is they're scared of him and he's the kind of nasty player opposition fans love to hate.

Holt scores that penalty last night and everyone's talking about the Holt effect.

Ozyhibby
04-12-2016, 07:22 AM
This for me Its lack of goals that are costing us games Although the problem is bigger than him

I agree 100%. We just don't score enough goals and it's a long term problem that is not just down to one player. Holt is only part of the problem.
This is a massive January transfer window coming up. We have had record season ticket sales and HSL continue to support the club. We need to see some real investment now because we are in danger of blowing it again if we just keep on the same track.

hibbymick
04-12-2016, 08:03 AM
If he had a maroon shirt on his back we would be ripping the proverbial out of him.

superfurryhibby
04-12-2016, 08:11 AM
Aye, because he gave their defenders a tough time and played the pantomime villain. It's really no surprise our form dipped when Holt went out of the team, valuable player to us. Boyle's dire first touch, awareness and brutal penalty are the factors which contributed into the result.

I spoke with the Brondby fans after the away leg and they were singing Holty's praises. The only player they were more impressed with was super John.

Fans will tell you they hate Holt and think he's overweight and pish. But the truth is they're scared of him and he's the kind of nasty player opposition fans love to hate.

Holt scores that penalty last night and everyone's talking about the Holt effect.

Are Hibs fans scared of him because they're the ones saying that he's past it on here? A poor signing and one that encourages aimless punting of the ball. A pity, but that's the reality.

scoopyboy
04-12-2016, 08:54 AM

I don't see where you're getting that from to be honest. He started against Ayr Utd, QOTS, Raith Rovers when our slump as you called it was on. We took 2 points from a possible 9 and he started each time.

If he hadn't missed his previous penalty then he would have had his chance at the pen last night.

I'm not a big fan of Holt but not a great critic either, just don't get your logic of Holt being left out of the starting 11 resulting in points being dropped.

hibsbollah
04-12-2016, 09:01 AM
He's much better than me at playing football.

hibbysam
04-12-2016, 09:03 AM
I don't see where you're getting that from to be honest. He started against Ayr Utd, QOTS, Raith Rovers when our slump as you called it was on. We took 2 points from a possible 9 and he started each time.

If he hadn't missed his previous penalty then he would have had his chance at the pen last night.

I'm not a big fan of Holt but not a great critic either, just don't get your logic of Holt being left out of the starting 11 resulting in points being dropped.

Agree with it all Scoop apart from I don't think you should take penalties off a guy for missing one penalty. 2 strikes and your out definitely. Straight choice between holt and boyle, Holt wins every time.

QMU-1875
04-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Did I watch a different game? Holt was the only man winning the lumps up the park on Friday. He was certainly not at fault for Friday's result. Having said that I do think Graham is more of a goal threat than Holt.

QMU-1875
04-12-2016, 09:12 AM

Agree with this. Fans on the site are very fickle, only last week were people clambering for Holt back in the side. He was not the player to blame for Friday's result. 0 creativity in our midfield, an anonymous Dylan (worrying because he has been like this in most games he has played this season) and a poor performance from Boye were the reasons for our defeat.

BoomtownHibees
04-12-2016, 09:28 AM

He went off when 1 up against Ayr. Ended up getting beat.

Didn't play against Queens. Drew 0-0.

Didn't play against Dundee Utd. Drew 1-1.

Didnt play against St Mirren in the cup. Beat 2-1.

Came back in and had a good game away to Raith. Drew 0-0.

Then started in our next 3 games that we won.

So I do agree that we had our worst period when he wasn't playing.

GreenCastle
04-12-2016, 09:50 AM
I don't get the slating of Holt on here - already shown when he doesn't play we have struggled this season.

For me I thought he had a good first half on Friday and won several flick ons and bullied the Utd centre half.

2nd half he was also involved and I felt confident he would have scored the penalty had he been given it.

Boyle stated in the cup final dvd he wasn't confident on pens and if you watched the warm up - Boyle loves to shoot across keeper and the penalty was so obvious where it was ending up.

Just because he missed last penalty - he should have still taken this one - how many penalties has Messi missed and still takes them ?!!

Holt did give ball away for goal but we also had chances to deal with counter.

We only have Graham who is good in the air up front but apart from that unless we completely outplay a team on the ground we need to mix it up in this league.

Though what we all know we are missing...wingers and goal scoring midfielders...been the same for the last few seasons.

we are hibs
04-12-2016, 09:53 AM
Holt was fine on Friday. Even more proof if needed that there's some absolute morons in our support.

GreenCastle
04-12-2016, 09:56 AM
Holt was fine on Friday. Even more proof if needed that there's some absolute morons in our support.

Exactly - don't see a massive thread on Boyles performance and missed penalty - give the guy a break.

The Modfather
04-12-2016, 10:06 AM

Is part of the problem not that "fine" also equates to no goal threat?

I think Holt is ok as a target man but it looks like he will struggle to hit double figures this season. That's fine if he is setting up his partner but that's not really the case either as generally we don't score anywhere near as much as we should. There's many factors for that throughout the team but this thread is about Holt.

Super_JMcGinn
04-12-2016, 10:08 AM
He's hopeless, cant run cant jump and cant score, apart from that he does play everywhere where he shouldnt be.

You know even less about football than I ever gave you credit for.

GreenCastle
04-12-2016, 10:14 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Holt

If you look at his stats since 2013 he isn't a Cummings - but he does do a job that isn't pretty but can be effective.

We either change our style and play Boyle and Cummings and play through balls and zero long high balls or we work on having 2 up front that link together and find us top of the league.

Keatings got injured when playing well.

Boyle came in and played well - not great on Friday.

Cummings and Graham have chipped in with a goals also.

As said above the midfield (long shots - goals etc) need to improve and we need to improve areas such as set pieces (corners and free kicks) to give the strikers the service in areas where they can put the ball in the net.

Our set pieces were woeful Friday - over hit - hitting first man - Shinnie slipping etc - complete waste.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2016, 10:19 AM

I'm pleased about that.

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-12-2016, 10:37 AM
According to the stats, Holt has scored 3, and assisted another 3 in 12 games this season. Contributing to a goal every other game.

That's hardly the stats of someone that's useless imo. His style of play snd physique leads people to think if he's not scoring or we're not winning then he's garbage. He isn't a Jason Cummings or a James Keatings. He does the ugly side which rarely gets the credit he deserves.

Personally I think Holt is a decent enough player that offers us a lot.

emerald green
04-12-2016, 10:37 AM

That's rich coming from you with your fairly recent totally ill informed garbage about Hibs being relegated under Frank Sauzee. :tee hee: Remember that?

cmcd
04-12-2016, 10:42 AM

You just saved me a post Gail

keep the faith
04-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Holt is a very clever player who works his socks off every game with some clever runs and taking knocks to give others space. He is obviously not as quick as he was but is a valuable asset to the squad. His work rate and attitude for someone who has played at such a high level in the past is tremendous.

For me, the criticism is so lazy. Ironically some judge him as a failure purely based on his goals while slating jason because he only scores goals!

Anyway, this place is mental after a loss. First defeat in 9. Top of the league, penalty missed and without our two best players. Hardly armageddon!!

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Holt is a very clever player who works his socks off every game with some clever runs and taking knocks to give others space. He is obviously not as quick as he was but is a valuable asset to the squad. His work rate and attitude for someone who has played at such a high level in the past is tremendous.

For me, the criticism is so lazy. Ironically some judge him as a failure purely based on his goals while slating jason because he only scores goals!

Anyway, this place is mental after a loss. First defeat in 9. Top of the league, penalty missed and without our two best players. Hardly armageddon!!

:top marks:top marks

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-12-2016, 11:06 AM

Pretty much what I've tried to say above and on other threads. Whilst not overjoyed I'm comfortable with where we're at. By the time we play United in January, we will be a few points ahead

northstandhibby
04-12-2016, 11:15 AM

I don't think Holt was fine on Friday. He had a very poor game, his first touch was poor so he found it difficult to hold the ball up and lay it off and then run into a space which is classic forward link up play which enables the midfield to support the forwards.

One very poor game does not make a player like Holt a bad player he has simply had a very poor game and I'm sure Lennon and the coaching staff will analyse the game and will look to Holt to improve on it.

On saying that there was a lot of hoofball which did not help either Holt or Boyle link up with the midfield as would be otherwise with ball into feet.

Good players don't suddenly become bad players and I'm sure Holt will look to play better and point out ball should be coming to his feet and better balls into the box would significantly help all of the forwards game-play.

Smartie
04-12-2016, 11:31 AM
Holt had a poor game earlier this season, we dropped him and our form went out the window.

He's not very easy on the eye, he's an easy first choice scapegoat but he does a power of work for us and plays a very important role.

I thought he had a poor game on Friday, but it could be disastrous if we drop him now.

The_Horde
04-12-2016, 11:44 AM
I don't think Holt was fine on Friday. He had a very poor game, his first touch was poor so he found it difficult to hold the ball up and lay it off and then run into a space which is classic forward link up play which enables the midfield to support the forwards.

One very poor game does not make a player like Holt a bad player he has simply had a very poor game and I'm sure Lennon and the coaching staff will analyse the game and will look to Holt to improve on it.

On saying that there was a lot of hoofball which did not help either Holt or Boyle link up with the midfield as would be otherwise with ball into feet.

Good players don't suddenly become bad players and I'm sure Holt will look to play better and point out ball should be coming to his feet and better balls into the box would significantly help all of the forwards game-play.

I think you're mainly looking at a midfield who don't naturally have that link up in their game. Holts touches don't have to be perfect your just need someone to gamble. It was only Shinnie looking lively and when it's just one of them it's so easy to defend against its unreal. Especially when everyone's favourite squirrel was stuck up a tree the whole game.

northstandhibby
04-12-2016, 11:57 AM
I think you're mainly looking at a midfield who don't naturally have that link up in their game. Holts touches don't have to be perfect your just need someone to gamble. It was only Shinnie looking lively and when it's just one of them it's so easy to defend against its unreal. Especially when everyone's favourite squirrel was stuck up a tree the whole game.

It's a good point you make as missing Fyvie and SJM was possibly the reason for change of game-play to hoofball as they two are the natural creative link up midfield players.

Maybe other posters were right to call for Stevenson to have played in midfield alongside Shinnie with McGeouch and Bartley while they are out as he can pass and run into spaces whereby creating space for others and link up play supporting the forwards..

scoopyboy
04-12-2016, 12:01 PM
Agree with it all Scoop apart from I don't think you should take penalties off a guy for missing one penalty. 2 strikes and your out definitely. Straight choice between holt and boyle, Holt wins every time.

Sam, I was annoyed at the game over the argument over the penalty taker. My argument was it should have been determined prior to the kick off, I can understand that if the player is substituted there could be confusion as to who should take it.

However, NL has come out and stated that Boyle was on the penalties.

Question therefore has to be asked what the f*** Holt was playing at, didn't help Boyle IMHO.

Again in my opinion it should have been McGeouch or Hanlon that should have taken it as they have good records at them.

hibbysam
04-12-2016, 12:27 PM
Sam, I was annoyed at the game over the argument over the penalty taker. My argument was it should have been determined prior to the kick off, I can understand that if the player is substituted there could be confusion as to who should take it.

Question therefore has to be asked what the f*** Holt was playing at, didn't help Boyle IMHO.

Again in my opinion it should have been McGeouch or Hanlon that should have taken it as they have good records at them.

Definitely mate. Every single set piece should have a taker beforehand and not changed. I also agree that Paul Hanlon should hit penalties. Very confident and a solid record in penalties.

lucky
04-12-2016, 05:50 PM

The way Boyle was playing Messi would have struggled to help him. Holt brings a physical presence to the forward line. He will win his fair share of battles but the reality is he is coming to the end of his career and is not the player he once was but is capable of playing in this league.

scoopyboy
04-12-2016, 06:10 PM
The way Boyle was playing Messi would have struggled to help him. Holt brings a physical presence to the forward line. He will win his fair share of battles but the reality is he is coming to the end of his career and is not the player he once was but is capable of playing in this league.

Lucky,maybe I've been expecting too much from Holt. As I said earlier I am neither critical or overjoyed with his performances to date.

If he knew Boyle was the designated penalty then he should have stayed clear, not saying Boyle would have scored but Holt's intervention wouldn't have helped

Unseen work
04-12-2016, 06:11 PM
I don't think Boyle has the self belief or composure for penalties.

It was a big game and I'm not convinced he is a big game player (as a striker that will score).

Where as with Cummings, every big game I have 100% confidence he will score. He rarely disappoints.

Holt? Personally think he's a bit of a donkey who must be easy to play against

Smartie
04-12-2016, 06:22 PM

It was a big game and I'm not convinced he is a big game player (as a striker that will score).

Where as with Cummings, every big game I have 100% confidence he will score. He rarely disappoints.

He did a decent job of the only one I can remember him taking before (the semi-final) and that was hardly an unimportant kick.

Paul Hanlon is the man for me. Really impressive penalties every time I've seen him take one and I'd have 100% confidence in him if he stepped up.

I'd have doubts about all the others.

Billy Whizz
04-12-2016, 06:26 PM
He did a decent job of the only one I can remember him taking before (the semi-final) and that was hardly an unimportant kick.

Paul Hanlon is the man for me. Really impressive penalties every time I've seen him take one and I'd have 100% confidence in him if he stepped up.

Brian Graham took them for Ross County, scored 2 I believe so far this season. He can hardly take them for Hibs if he isn't on the park

Unseen work
04-12-2016, 06:26 PM

You're right it was a good penalty. However his overall composure for me isn't there.

Hanlon is solid enough at pens but it doesn't sit right with me a centre half taking penalties haha.

Cummings for me

emerald green
04-12-2016, 06:28 PM

Like the nonsense penalty he dinked over the crossbar in the semi-final against DU.

Conrad Logan pulled him out of the s*** that day.

Smartie
04-12-2016, 06:30 PM
You're right it was a good penalty. However his overall composure for me isn't there.

Hanlon is solid enough at pens but it doesn't sit right with me a centre half taking penalties haha.

Cummings for me

Controversial.

To be fair, Cummings is a good shout. I love his attitude and his ability to put himself on the spot and he's already scored a few for us.

Just as long as he didn't "make a hash broon ay it".

hibsbollah
04-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Like the nonsense penalty he dinked over the crossbar in the semi-final against DU.

...and Cummings also scored in the shootout. He redeemed himself in that moment as far as I'm concerned.

emerald green
04-12-2016, 06:37 PM
...and Cummings also scored in the shootout. He redeemed himself in that moment as far as I'm concerned.

I agree. I am just not sure that Cummings has got the right temperament to be taking all our penalties. Maybe take one if we are 3 or 4 nil up!

wookie70
04-12-2016, 06:39 PM
I would have subbed Cummings on the minute the penalty was awarded.

Unseen work
04-12-2016, 06:42 PM

That was daft, but you know he won't do it again.

What about the other penalties he has scored? One against st Johnstone for example?

Or every other goal he has scored to bail out his team mates?

hibbysam
04-12-2016, 06:45 PM

The fact Boyle openly admitted that that penalty was meant to go in the bottom corner leaves me a tad concerned. Yes it hit the net and at the time seemed a cracking penalty, he didn't even mean it lol.

The fact he took no time on Friday night before his run up showed he didn't have much confidence and just wanted it over with. It was a very poor penalty.

emerald green
04-12-2016, 06:47 PM
That was daft, but you know he won't do it again.

What about the other penalties he has scored? One against st Johnstone for example?

Or every other goal he has scored to bail out his team mates?

I'm not so sure he won't try it again TBH.

But just to be clear, I'm not attacking the lad. See my post above regarding his temperament for taking all the team's penalties.

Aldo
04-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Holt didn't get the service and lived off scraps on Friday night and was far from our worst player. I think McGeough on his game is an exceptional player but he was anonymous on Friday night. A player of his quality should be bossing games, especially in this league.

Holt given the service will prove his worth over the season. He has nothing to prove IMHO and I would rather have him in our team than not.

B.H.F.C
04-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Holt didn't get the service and lived off scraps on Friday night and was far from our worst player. I think McGeough on his game is an exceptional player but he was anonymous on Friday night. A player of his quality should be bossing games, especially in this league.

Holt given the service will prove his worth over the season. He has nothing to prove IMHO and I would rather have him in our team than not.

Agree about lack of service. That is our biggest problem IMO.

Although I thought Holt spent far too much time in areas you don't really want to see him on Friday. When he's playing he really needs to be a focal point for us and I thought he drifted in to areas where he wasn't going to do any damage or even give us an out ball.

Aldo
04-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Agree about lack of service. That is our biggest problem IMO.

Although I thought Holt spent far too much time in areas you don't really want to see him on Friday. When he's playing he really needs to be a focal point for us and I thought he drifted in to areas where he wasn't going to do any damage or even give us an out ball.

Again that's down to his team mates and as I mentioned lack of service. He's dragged out of position chasing lost causes where as you mentioned he should be the focal point.

Let's hope he can get back to it on Saturday.

I also think it's time to bring Jason back into the fold!

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Again that's down to his team mates and as I mentioned lack of service. He's dragged out of position chasing lost causes where as you mentioned he should be the focal point.

Wigan must have the same kind of problems as us, their management team were always onto him to keep his position, but it is easier to drift wide rather than do the job you were brought into do.

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Wigan must have the same kind of problems as us, their management team were always onto him to keep his position, but it is easier to drift wide rather than do the job you were brought into do.

Same as Stokesy? He was frustrated at service and came out wide to get the ball

Aldo
04-12-2016, 08:04 PM

Really. It must however be frustrating at not getting the ball where you want it. He is an important player for us and must get the service.

B.H.F.C
04-12-2016, 08:06 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right though. Granted the service is poor, but if he's away in a wide area or elsewhere there isn't anything to actually hit.

Generally I'd have him in the team. But I think he can do more.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2016, 08:07 PM
Same as Stokesy? He was frustrated at service and came out wide to get the ball

Two different types of players, we are playing a lot of whether some folk like to admit it or not hoofball, and his job is to hold it up and bring others into the game, he's not very good at doing that.

Stokes was never that kind of player, and coming in from the left was one of his best attributes, Holt has no pace, little dribbling skills and not the best at going past a player, why would he go wide?

Aldo
04-12-2016, 08:10 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right though. Granted the service is poor, but if he's away in a wide area or elsewhere there isn't anything to actually hit.

Generally I'd have him in the team. But I think he can do more.

Can't disagree BHFC. A man of his experience and quality should be in and around the 18 yard box (and 6) rather than dragging himself out wide.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2016, 08:11 PM
Really. It must however be frustrating at not getting the ball where you want it. He is an important player for us and must get the service.

They couldn't wait to get rid of him, albeit he was on very good wages but the management were fed up trying to get him to do what he was supposed to do, but he was everywhere apart from where he should have been.

The guy who told me this was employed by Wigan, and is a Hibs fan. He also said he expected him to do the same for us.

Aldo
04-12-2016, 08:13 PM
They couldn't wait to get rid of him, albeit he was on very good wages but the management were fed up trying to get him to do what he was supposed to do, but he was everywhere apart from where he should have been.

The guy who told me this was employed by Wigan, and is a Hibs fan. He also said he expected him to do the same for us.

He needs to be told by Lennon to stick to what he should be doing then and not have his own agenda. That aside I'd still rather he was in the team.

northstandhibby
04-12-2016, 08:18 PM
Two different types of players, we are playing a lot of whether some folk like to admit it or not hoofball, and his job is to hold it up and bring others into the game, he's not very good at doing that.

Stokes was never that kind of player, and coming in from the left was one of his best attributes, Holt has no pace, little dribbling skills and not the best at going past a player, why would he go wide?

Most of the time he should be with his back to goal getting the ball into his feet and using his vast strength to hold it up and lay it off to a supporting midfielder or fellow forward thus creating space and time for us to build an attack. He should be very very good at that by using his bulk and superior strength to good effect. He is a good player who had a poor game on Friday night and was by no means the only one. We'll be fine.

silverhibee
04-12-2016, 08:26 PM

Agree Scoops, Lennon said that Boyle was on the penalties and had been practicing them through the week, why the f*** is Holt messing with a players head and arguing over who should take it, was quite clear that Lennon was letting Holt know that Boyle was taking it and once Boyle missed it Holt thought he should let Lennon know what he thought by the gesture/sign he gave to the manager and then told him to f*** off, Lennon should have hooked Holt straight away after that, if Lennon is a man not to be messed with he seemed/looked a bit sheepish when Holt was giving him a earful, nothing worse when a player has been given instructions to do on the pitch and another player thinks he should call the shots, if Lennon has been teaching Cummings a lesson then the same has to be done with Holt regards discipline.

silverhibee
04-12-2016, 08:29 PM
Lucky,maybe I've been expecting too much from Holt. As I said earlier I am neither critical or overjoyed with his performances to date.

If he knew Boyle was the designated penalty then he should have stayed clear, not saying Boyle would have scored but Holt's intervention wouldn't have helped

It puts added pressure on the designated penalty taker when these situations happen, Holt would have known that Boyle was on it and stepped aside for Boyle to take.

silverhibee
04-12-2016, 08:33 PM
I'm not so sure he won't try it again TBH.

But just to be clear, I'm not attacking the lad. See my post above regarding his temperament for taking all the team's penalties.

All about confidence and I think Cummings will have another go at the chip/dink for a penalty again.

Ozyhibby
04-12-2016, 11:31 PM
Signing Holt as our main striker was a gamble based on his age. It does not appear to be paying off.

Unseen work
04-12-2016, 11:44 PM
I don't know why he dropped graham after he scored and we won 4-0?

Hibby 2005
05-12-2016, 07:21 AM
Holt's slow, refuses to jump and can't score except from the penalty spot and yet manages to replace Cummings.

JimBHibees
05-12-2016, 09:59 AM
It puts added pressure on the designated penalty taker when these situations happen, Holt would have known that Boyle was on it and stepped aside for Boyle to take.

Incredible for that to happen especially given his experience. Boyle looked nervous taking it however that incident wont have helped at all.

Highland_Hibee
05-12-2016, 10:27 AM
I don't know why he dropped graham after he scored and we won 4-0?

This. I'm a defender of Holt but I was disappointed to see Graham left out. He already seems to have a knack for popping up in the right places to score.

mim
05-12-2016, 10:33 AM
All about confidence and I think Cummings will have another go at the chip/dink for a penalty again.

Goalkeepers will have that in mind too, giving Jason the chance to roll it into either corner :greengrin

snooky
05-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Goalkeepers will have that in mind too, giving Jason the chance to roll it into either corner :greengrin

If Holt doesn't put him off first :devil:

emerald green
05-12-2016, 02:43 PM

If he does,:panic: I hope it's only after Hibs are 3 or 4 goals in front. Not at 0-0.

GreenPJ
05-12-2016, 02:51 PM
Signing Holt as our main striker was a gamble based on his age. It does not appear to be paying off.

Was he signed as the main striker?

Ozyhibby
05-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Was he signed as the main striker?

We needed to sign a striker and he appears to be the main one we signed. He's probably had most game time out of all our strikers as well.

Billy Whizz
05-12-2016, 03:07 PM

Maybe Jason will try this next
http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/3012402/swansea-legend-lee-trundle-scores-cheeky-penalty

https://youtu.be/xmznDSgPjF4

JimBHibees
05-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Maybe Jason will try this next
http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/3012402/swansea-legend-lee-trundle-scores-cheeky-penalty

Funnily enough saw Jim McIntyre at the princes street xmas area yesterday and cant help forget his cheeky pen against us in extra time of a semi final replay.

hibbysam
05-12-2016, 07:39 PM
Funnily enough saw Jim McIntyre at the princes street xmas area yesterday and cant help forget his cheeky pen against us in extra time of a semi final replay.

As much as it might've felt like extra time, it was 89th minute of normal time. The last ever cup semi final to go to a replay, unbelievable that it took so long to get rid of that horrendous rule. Never ever felt worse than I did that night, sure it was Adam hamill who was on loan to them who skinned Hoggy to win the penalty.

MWHIBBIES
05-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Holt's slow, refuses to jump and can't score except from the penalty spot and yet manages to replace Cummings.Holt has scored twice from open play and once from the spot.

JimBHibees
06-12-2016, 06:37 AM
As much as it might've felt like extra time, it was 89th minute of normal time. The last ever cup semi final to go to a replay, unbelievable that it took so long to get rid of that horrendous rule. Never ever felt worse than I did that night, sure it was Adam hamill who was on loan to them who skinned Hoggy to win the penalty.

It did feel like extra time cheers for correcting. It was Hamill who earned a soft pen just 5 mins after Craig Thompson (remember him) ignored one on Shiels at the other end. Hamill should have walked in the first game when he clearly 2 footed Lewis in midfield, which the ref (again our favourite ref chose to act leniently).