PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Stubbs

Nicho87
02-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Thats all⚽️

SaulGoodman
02-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Everyone wanted him gone before the cup final. Failed to get us up twice. Get to bed.

cleanyman
02-12-2016, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't go as far as that but if we are being entirely honest how many games have you actually enjoyed under Lennon's tenure?

I'm not buying into it and I don't think we are a good football team to watch.

As I said on the thread we didn't look like scoring even when we got a penalty....scary stuff

SlatefordHibby
02-12-2016, 08:49 PM
Would Stubbs have scored that penalty?

Nicho87
02-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Everyone wanted him gone before the cup final. Failed to get us up twice. Get to bed.

Ridiculous

Hibs90
02-12-2016, 08:51 PM

Probably

HoboHarry
02-12-2016, 08:51 PM
And we laugh at some of the s**t threads that end up on Yakback as well.......

SaulGoodman
02-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Ridiculous

Yep it is a ridiculous thread, you should just delete it

Steve20
02-12-2016, 08:53 PM

He couldn't have made a worse effort.

Nicho87
02-12-2016, 08:54 PM
If that performace is anything to go by tonight, i worry.

Steve20
02-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Stubbs couldn't get us promoted but Lennon hasn't the ability to do it either. Winning leagues with Celtic with no Rangers in the top league means nowt.

He's not got it as a manager.

Waxy
Awful thread. Aweful match tonight from both teams. Draw would have been a fair result but as normal if something isn't fair its always against us.We need a couple of quality signings in January.

Greencore
Naw.

WeeRussell
02-12-2016, 08:56 PM
I would agree it's not a reaction worthy of a thread.. but I do miss him.

HibbySpurs
Thats all⚽️

Behave yersel

lugz
Aye cause that worked the last 2 seasons. He had his great send off lets move on.

erin go bragh
02-12-2016, 08:59 PM
Stubbs couldn't get us promoted but Lennon hasn't the ability to do it either. Winning leagues with Celtic with no Rangers in the top league means nowt.

But qualifying for group stages of champions league does . IMO.

B.H.F.C
02-12-2016, 08:59 PM

Thought you'd be back tonight.

Greenwich_Hibby
02-12-2016, 09:01 PM
Right now we are strong defensively then 'hoof' - if that gets us up great..but longer term?????

guthrie01
02-12-2016, 09:06 PM
I do miss Stubbs a great deal, and personally think we would be in a much better place had he stuck around. Very unlikely and hope not, but if we do fall to 2nd or 3rd who would you rather in charge of the play-offs, Stubbs, Lennon or bringing in someone else ? :hmmm:

ForeverHibs93
02-12-2016, 09:07 PM
Stubbs had much stiffer competition that a very poor United side to be fair.

Nicho87
02-12-2016, 09:08 PM
We dont look like an attacking threat tonight. Hopeless, against a rotten united team. Cant believe so many people are backing lennon with that performance.

lugz
02-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Stubbs had much stiffer competition that a very poor United side to be fair.

Not really last year he had rangers who we beat multiple times then all the other teams were just the same pish. He couldn't get us being consistent against all the other teams.

Scottie
02-12-2016, 09:10 PM
Thats all⚽️
Yes please as I look forward to failing in another playoff again and staying down for another season :rolleyes:

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-12-2016, 09:12 PM
Is this the same Alan Stubbs that, in April and May, the business end of the season, many wanted sacked?

Aye I thought so. Every time we slip up the calls on this thread for Lennon to go, along with any player that has a poor game is embarrassing tbh.

KeithTheHibby
02-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Thats all⚽️

Way to go knee jerk.

carnoustiehibee
02-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Why is Lennon playing Boyle up top then getting everyone to punt it up towards the two massive centre halfs.

Then who picks Boyle as penalties.

familyman
02-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Is this the same Alan Stubbs that, in April and May, the business end of the season, many wanted sacked?

Aye I thought so. Every time we slip up the calls on this thread for Lennon to go, along with any player that has a poor game is embarrassing tbh.
Remember we did not even finish second last season..However the total lack of belief was tonight obvious and the mediocre performances from the usual suspects remains unaddressed that is down to Neil Lennon of whom I expected more determination ...simply inadequate team performance and it must be said insufficient players of real quality...still an issue at Hibs........shocker:confused:

IberianHibernian
02-12-2016, 09:20 PM
Right now we are strong defensively then 'hoof' - if that gets us up great..but longer term?????Good question about longer term but it seems to me that the last 2 seasons we were signing to get promoted and make an impact after promotion whereas this season`s signings and team in general is more about going up then starting from scratch ( manager - if we aren`t promoted he`ll be sacked or look for more money elsewhere and if we`re promoted will use that success to get more cash elsewhere , players - 4 or 5 of tonight`s team would surely not continue if we go up cause of age or lack of ability ) . Tonight`s result means it`ll be even harder to get promoted than before and that if we do go up we`ll clinch it later which`ll make planning for next season harder .

FranckSuzy
02-12-2016, 09:20 PM
Remember we did not even finish second last season..However the total lack of belief was tonight obvious and the mediocre performances from the usual suspects remains unaddressed that is down to Neil Lennon of whom I expected more determination ...simply inadequate team performance and it must be said insufficient players of real quality...still an issue at Hibs........shocker:confused:

The only "usual suspects" are those who just appear on here after a disappointing result, IMHO.

02-12-2016, 09:21 PM
what a lot of pish. We missed our penalty they scored theirs. Keep winning, take these Dundee pretenders at home and we'll be fine.

tamig
02-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Thats all⚽️

Away and lie in your pish.

shreevesy
02-12-2016, 09:45 PM

All the truth is written there, well said.

blaikie
02-12-2016, 09:51 PM
That wasn't even our 2nd or 3rd choice midfield pairing out there tonight - McGinn and Fyvie are massive players for us, I for one have faith in Lennon he is the best man for the job!

Big deal Utd got lucky in the end take this defeat on the chin and move on!

GGTTH

brog
02-12-2016, 09:53 PM

Everyone, really? I certainly didn't though I agree this is a bit of a nonsensical thread. FWIW though I rate AS more highly than NL . He had the vision & courage to change things during games, notably on 21/5/16. NL looks incapable of doing that.

tamig
02-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Everyone, really? I certainly didn't though I agree this is a bit of a nonsensical thread. FWIW though I rate AS more highly than NL . He had the vision & courage to change things during games, notably on 21/5/16. NL looks incapable of doing that.

I think the match you quote was one of the very few examples of when AS made subs that actually changed the game. My recollection is they were usually far too late and the wrong choices.

snooky
02-12-2016, 10:18 PM
I think the match you quote was one of the very few examples of when AS made subs that actually changed the game. My recollection is they were usually far too late and the wrong choices.

That would be my view as well (apart from the SCF :flag:).

Pete
02-12-2016, 10:21 PM
I can't stand these posts/threads that start with some stupid statement and then finish with "that's all".

If you can't be bothered explaining your point then don't bother at all.

ForeverHibs93
02-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Not really last year he had rangers who we beat multiple times then all the other teams were just the same pish. He couldn't get us being consistent against all the other teams.

Rangers are quite clearly head and shoulders above Dundee United, I'm surprised you disagree with that. Falkirk were also a much stronger side last year IMO.

I don't agree with the premise of sacking Lennon for Stubbs, I'm just making the point that IMO Stubbs had tougher competition, fair enough if you disagree

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-12-2016, 10:31 PM
Thats all⚽️

Jings, he bolted as soon as he got the chance to FO to Rotherham! It makes Gorgie look good.

jacomo
02-12-2016, 10:51 PM
what a lot of pish. We missed our penalty they scored theirs. Keep winning, take these Dundee pretenders at home and we'll be fine.

Thank you.

Some much needed common sense.

Michael
02-12-2016, 10:51 PM
To be honest, based on performance/results if you had told me Stubbs was in charge this season I'd believe it. Not really seeing much difference so far with Lennon. Forgetting the cup, this is the same Stubbs that finished behind Falkirk.

chrisski33
02-12-2016, 11:06 PM
what a crap thread!
thats all!

heretoday
02-12-2016, 11:36 PM
I sense disgruntlement in the ranks.

MWHIBBIES
02-12-2016, 11:42 PM
To be honest, based on performance/results if you had told me Stubbs was in charge this season I'd believe it. Not really seeing much difference so far with Lennon. Forgetting the cup, this is the same Stubbs that finished behind Falkirk.Stubbs had much better home form and poorer away form. We were a very different team last season. I think we'll win it but it wont be pretty.

Hermit Crab
02-12-2016, 11:48 PM
A bumper packet of Tena Lady in the post for some on this thread I think....:rolleyes:

DH1875
03-12-2016, 07:05 AM
Nah, its a no from me.

sleeping giant
03-12-2016, 07:08 AM
Deary deary me.

After a loss, these threads are always interesting .

WhileTheChief..
03-12-2016, 07:33 AM
Dread to think where we'd be in the league with Stubbs in charge, comfortably in 3rd or 4th spot probably.

We've got the best man for the job right now and a couple of signings in Jan will see us ok.

HH81
03-12-2016, 07:38 AM
I wouldn't go as far as that but if we are being entirely honest how many games have you actually enjoyed under Lennon's tenure?

I'm not buying into it and I don't think we are a good football team to watch.

As I said on the thread we didn't look like scoring even when we got a penalty....scary stuff

What about the great save from keeper just after the pen?

Lets not forget Dundee United looked even less likely to score until they got the pen.

Jones28
03-12-2016, 07:41 AM
Right now we are strong defensively then 'hoof' - if that gets us up great..but longer term?????

Longer term isn't important and isn't relevant until we get promoted - by any means necessary

Hiber-nation
03-12-2016, 07:43 AM
No knee-jerking from me but I'd take him back any day of the week.

lucky
03-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Stubbs had his chance and failed to get us twice but delivered the holy grail so for that alone I was wanting him to stay but he chose to leave. As a support I don't get this constant pinning for ex players and now Stubbs. If NL fails to get us up then it is the time to review this contract. But to call for his sacking when we are top of the league is embarrassing. I'm not even a fan of NL but come on it's not even Christmas and supporters want him sacked... jeezo

Hermit Crab
03-12-2016, 07:56 AM
Stubbs had his chance and failed to get us twice but delivered the holy grail so for that alone I was wanting him to stay but he chose to leave. As a support I don't get this constant pinning for ex players and now Stubbs. If NL fails to get us up then it is the time to review this contract. But to call for his sacking when we are top of the league is embarrassing. I'm not even a fan of NL but come on it's not even Christmas and supporters want him sacked... jeezo

Unbelievable isn't it. Utd will drop more points than us this season. They stole a draw at Easter rd and nicked a win last night when we really should have won that game by 2 or 3

emerald green
03-12-2016, 08:36 AM
Unbelievable isn't it. Utd will drop more points than us this season. They stole a draw at Easter rd and nicked a win last night when we really should have won that game by 2 or 3

I keep seeing posts like this. What is it based on? Wishful thinking, or what?

DU are now unbeaten in 11 matches in all competitions and have exactly the same WDL record in the Championship as Hibs. This from a team just relegated, in a complete mess, and just appointed a new manager.

Their draw at ER was down to Hibs terrible defending at a corner kick, and our own inability to put the ball in the back of the net often enough. Result - they "stole it". That's happened far too often over the last few seasons.

where'stheslope
03-12-2016, 08:48 AM
What game were you watching last night?
Should have won by 2 or 3? They scored from a penalty, when in that game did we make 3 or 4 chances?
It was a bad result, take it on the chin, but don't delude yourself that we were by far the better team!!!

Tyler Durden
03-12-2016, 10:18 AM
People talked about Lennon being a winner and giving us the mentality to grind out wins etc

We've seen nothing like that and the football is much much poorer than Stubbs teams. Add to that some poor recruitment and it's been very disappointing IMO.

I think a large element of our support have been quite smug this year with little justification. Points total is p*ss poor and turfed out the League cup in round one. Lennon needs to deliver 8/9 wins on the bounce, that would be progress

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2016, 10:29 AM

:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2016, 10:30 AM
Thats all⚽️

:rolleyes::yawn::yawn:

Col_0762
03-12-2016, 10:30 AM
What game were you watching last night?
Should have won by 2 or 3? They scored from a penalty, when in that game did we make 3 or 4 chances?
It was a bad result, take it on the chin, but don't delude yourself that we were by far the better team!!!

The penalty, Shinnie chance just after that, Hanlon chance when he just never caught it right on the drop with his right foot. That's three chances without really thinking. There was also another couple of good chances we missed. Before Murray came on for them, they never threatened us once. We should have been 2 up an comfortable by then. I can't understand why people think we were so bad last night, we were decent. To quote yourself, chin up, **** happens. They will not finish within 9 points of us.

Turkish Green
03-12-2016, 12:05 PM
How desperate was Stubbs to leave Scottish football that he chose Rotherham?

Never go back. The team may be playing poorly but Lennon will see them promoted as champions.

Brightside
03-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Do people drink a lot at away games. :confused:

Hermit Crab
03-12-2016, 12:53 PM
Do people drink a lot at away games. :confused:

There was a few at the game that had been drinking that maybe shouldn't drink as they were just making complete tits of themselves.:rolleyes:

gillythehibby
03-12-2016, 01:11 PM
Thats all⚽️

Eh NAW. That's all

gillythehibby
03-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Thats all⚽️

Eh NAW. That's all

brog
03-12-2016, 02:16 PM

I wouldn't necessarily argue with that though I really meant that AS would change his formation depending on the opposition. As an example he would ditch his favoured diamond to 3 centre backs when we played Sevco to counter the threat from their full backs. Ironically of course he switched to the diamond when Henderson delivered! NL however plays the same formation regardless of the opposition or whether we're home or away. With the exception of Holt for Graham just about every Hibs fan would have named our team, our formation & our subs yesterday. If we know it then so do the opposition!

JimBHibees
03-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Thats all⚽️

Oh dear.

Heisenberg
03-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Stubbs is a legend for the cup win. He couldn't get us out of this league though. Bring him back? No chance.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Thats all⚽️

https://youtu.be/WDpOawqg5i4

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2016, 05:15 PM
We have had one aim since being relegated, and that was to get back up. Stubbs failed twice, failing to even finish 2nd last season.

Lennon has not made us better yet, i'm not convinced he will going on what we've seen so far and his signing policy.

He should have this team well clear, but with his style of play and his team selections along with a little bad luck, see's us where we are.

I'm fed up with hearing how we will win this game, or will take control of this league. We don't look like we will take control of many things, and are normally chasing results.

Well we are level on points now, and have a few injuries, but we are not the only club who have injuries, and with our budget, our replacements should be better than the rest of this league.

Lennon needs to get the team through the next few games and still top when the window opens, and the players he brings in must be players that improve the TEAM not the squad, and they must be the right kind of players.

He will be properly judged then, as at this moment in time, i'd say he's a 5/10.

Ronniekirk
03-12-2016, 05:50 PM
I think part of the problem was the Boards insistence at the start of the Season that we only needed three or four players in . That may have been true if we had signed players of the quality of Mcginn and Fyvie ,but for me thats not been the case
The keeper has done fine but the defence is still the best in the country
However Henderson was our top scoring midfielder in a midfield that didnt shoot enough We didnt teplace him
We were too reliant on Cummings who apart from Dom seemed to struggle to form a partnership with other Strikers
He remained our top scorer and Lennon gave him a four year deal which looked a good bit of business But now he wont play him Which is fine if other Strikers are scoring
Holt i assume was someone Lennon wanted but he isnt going to score us the goals we need so for me the jury is out on whether he was the big signing we needed up front
Graham was a last minute signing who hasnt commanded a first team place ,so while he will score the odd goal he clearly isnt seen as a first team regular
Boyle has been favoured recently but as we have seen he isnt consistent
Keatings was and is a good squad player but again isnt a consistent scorer
So what the Board and Lennon need to do in the Transfer window is brng in a scoring midfielder who stays fit
Bring in a Striker who can score consistently or reinstate Cummings and bring in someone he can play with as we have options off the bench
He needs to get Hanlon Fontaine and Mcgregor scoring from corners If that means bringing in someone who can deliver better ball into the box then so be it
But for me the Next set of signings will determine if we will push on a win the leaugue or whether its going to be a nervy fight with United

The fact we have no yourh players breaking into the team remains a concern as Leeann said that was the key to Bridge the dissconnect between the youth teams and the first team and we clearly havent done that
Leeann said to me at the West of Scotland Persevere Night We Will Go Up She may well be right but i teminded her I am a Hibbee and i take nothing for granted
We need to earn promotion and United have thrown down the gauntlet For me if we had done better business in the Transfer Market we would of been clear by now
We have one window left to get it right

But united have same opportunity to strengthen and i will be equally interested in thier signings

In the meantime we have to find a combination that allows us to win our next few games That is Lennon s job and he is getting well paid to do that so he knows he needs to deliver

snooky
03-12-2016, 06:38 PM
We shouldn't bring Stubbs back. No ifs or butts. :cb:

theonlywayisup
03-12-2016, 06:42 PM
No...........

No..........

Legend, will always be, but........

No.........

Mr White
03-12-2016, 09:04 PM
We shouldn't bring Stubbs back. No ifs or butts. :cb:

You've vaporised that idea Snooky. Shame as he could have been a big draw.