PDA

View Full Version : Boyle and midfield

madhatter
02-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Lack of focus. Sadly has the pace to fright but he can't remain concentrated on the ball - had opportunities and couldn't even control the ball. Needs dropped. Midfield is woeful without Fyvie and McGinn...

That penalty from Boyle...jeez

essexhibee
02-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Boyle was dreadful all game and that was being nice. Obscene decision he was allowed to take the penalty.

fishybeaver
02-12-2016, 08:54 PM
The second Boyle has time to think he misses,poor poor show although the wasn't alone in being rubbish

SRHibs
02-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Never been so certain a penalty was going to be missed in my life.

IberianHibernian
02-12-2016, 09:01 PM
It`s already been said here that Boyle is only effective against the weaker teams in this division and even then only against tiring defenders as a sub so I don`t think he deserves any criticism . If we get promotion he`ll be one of several players in the current squad who won`t continue next year I`d imagine as he isn`t good enough technically in any position . Till we get promotion we have to hope his pace will be enough to make him useful .

noz
02-12-2016, 09:06 PM
It`s already been said here that Boyle is only effective against the weaker teams in this division and even then only against tiring defenders as a sub so I don`t think he deserves any criticism . If we get promotion he`ll be one of several players in the current squad who won`t continue next year I`d imagine as he isn`t good enough technically in any position . Till we get promotion we have to hope his pace will be enough to make him useful .

Spot on...

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Boyle has been very good recently, tonight he was poor. Cummings had a run of poor performances before being dropped.

If there is a clamour to get Cummings back in the team, it should be in place of that huddy Holt.

flash
02-12-2016, 09:12 PM
He hasn't really. He should have scored about 6 against QOS.

A Hi-Bee
02-12-2016, 09:19 PM
Spot on...

If you dont take penalties then you will never miss one, give the guy a break he thought he was the one to take it and missed, so what, I happen to think that the guy who wins the penalty should not be the one to take it, something about a rush o blood to the heid time, bring back poor old Joe Davis (RIP)
Now he could take a penalty, dont remember him ever winning one (That was usually down to Stevie or someone else) but missed very few.

Forthview
02-12-2016, 09:19 PM

Agreed, he was piss poor against QOS, 1 on 1 with the keeper 3 times and hit th keeper each time. His penalty hit the keeper , as I expected. He's a fast runner but not a very good footballer, in my opinion.

ShinyFantastic
02-12-2016, 09:20 PM

Boyle is never a footballer. I have said it since we first signed him. He has pace, nothing else, no footballing ability or technique. It really is a shame that no stats websites are particularly interested in the Scottish Champiomship because I would love to see his dribble success percentage and pass completion percentage and show it to those morons that believe he 'is a great outlet' and 'someone to be more direct and stretch the opposition'.

Neil Lennon has played him as a striker instead of a guy who is guaranteed 20+ goals in this woeful league and has been found wanting eventually. Not only that but has entrusted him to take a penalty. Unforgivable.

familyman
02-12-2016, 09:20 PM
Lack of focus. Sadly has the pace to fright but he can't remain concentrated on the ball - had opportunities and couldn't even control the ball. Needs dropped. Midfield is woeful without Fyvie and McGinn...

That penalty from Boyle...jeez
Eh what midfield ?

familyman
02-12-2016, 09:24 PM
Spot on...
Yes I agree, but you must wonder why when he was obviously not on form and lacking good touch tonight that he was allowed to take that penalty...
Should the manager or captain not have a say in that...no belief by him in the way he hit that kick....that miss could well come back to haunt us ..I pray I am wrong.

Hibs Class
02-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Lennon confirmed after the game that Boyle was the designated penalty taker, so all players on the should should have been aware of that when it was awarded. And if he'd hit it like he did in the semi shoot out then we would probaly have gone on to win.

madhatter
02-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Eh what midfield ?

That was my point. Invisible man 1 and invisible man 2 were poor, I think. I couldn't tell though because I couldn't see them.

hibeeleicester
02-12-2016, 09:28 PM
Boyle has been very good recently, tonight he was poor. Cummings had a run of poor performances before being dropped.

If there is a clamour to get Cummings back in the team, it should be in place of that huddy Holt.
Boyle was poor against QOTS

northstandhibby
02-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Never been so certain a penalty was going to be missed in my life.

:top marks

After missing the pen one just knew they would score with theirs.

Big Marv did well until subbed.

:confused: disappointed at result but we will bounce back.

GGTTH

tamig
02-12-2016, 09:48 PM
Boyle has been on fire and been tremendous lately. One bad game and he gets this garbage. Get a grip ffs.

tamig
02-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Boyle was poor against QOTS

Pish. He was great.

madhatter
02-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Boyle has been on fire and been tremendous lately. One bad game and he gets this garbage. Get a grip ffs.

Haha on fire and tremendous, you need to get a grip. Should have had 6+ against QoS but very very poor finishing.
He played well against lower opposition. Poor against Falkirk and poor against Dundee United, see a trend?

Jim44
02-12-2016, 09:57 PM
His ratio of scoring chances to goals is poor, but I suppose he should get credit for getting into scoring positions.

CallumHibs07
02-12-2016, 09:58 PM
If Cummings isn't back in for the next game Lennon can GTF. Best striker at the club by a country mile and he's been hung out to dry week after week.

tamig
02-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Haha on fire and tremendous, you need to get a grip. Should have had 6+ against QoS but very very poor finishing.
He played well against lower opposition. Poor against Falkirk and poor against Dundee United, see a trend?

So he doesn't get any credit in your book because he failed tonight and against Falkirk and didn't bag at least a hat trick against Queens? You're a good laugh pal 😁

madhatter
02-12-2016, 10:23 PM
So he doesn't get any credit in your book because he failed tonight and against Falkirk and didn't bag at least a hat trick against Queens? You're a good laugh pal 😁

Credit is not the same as saying he was tremendous. Ibrahimovic and Pogba deserve some credit for how they have played at Man Utd but to say either were tremendous or on fire is something else. Same applies. Boyle did the job he was given in 3 out of 5 games, in other 2 he was atrocious. This is unfortunately his level unless training improves - his first touch and football awareness is poor. Needs more than pace because, as was clear tonight on many occasions, he doesn't know how to use his pace to maximum effect.

lucky
02-12-2016, 10:40 PM
Boyle was awful and is not good enough. But I thought Stevenson and Gray contributed absolutely nothing. McGeough & Bartley are nowhere near as good as SJM and Fyvive

BoomtownHibees
02-12-2016, 10:43 PM
Big Marv did well until subbed

GGTTH

No he didn't

Criswell
02-12-2016, 11:54 PM
Boyle=Ivan Sproule Mk II

BigT-Hibeez
02-12-2016, 11:58 PM
never been so certain a penalty was going to be missed in my life.

no he didn't

boyle was awful and is not good enough. But i thought stevenson and gray contributed absolutely nothing. Mcgeough & bartley are nowhere near as good as sjm and fyvive

exactly

wookie70
03-12-2016, 12:10 AM
He was awful tonight but Holt needs to get shot for claiming the penalty and making Boyle get the ball from him. According to Lennon Boyle was the penalty taker but to be fair there are so many disorganised areas of our play it wouldn't surprise me if the players never knew.

Crammond Hibee
03-12-2016, 05:47 AM

I totally agree.
Spot on .

northstandhibby
03-12-2016, 06:15 AM
No he didn't

Big Marv stopped utd coming forward on many occasions last night and never shirked a challenge. Thought him and shinnie were our best players on the night.

All about opinions of course.

CorrieHibs
03-12-2016, 06:58 AM
I think McGeouch is an excellent player, however he just doesn't look like the player he was. Another dreadful performance tonight. I think the injuries have got the better of him. Such a shame cos he is still a young lad.

Unfortunately for Hibs loyalty gets us nowhere therefore it could be time to let Dylan go soon. I would love to see him back 100% but I just can't see it.

eastcoasthibby
03-12-2016, 07:11 AM
I just wonder if the Boyle performance was partly a result of not having our main midfielders missing being more creative and able to pick passes so not getting the service given only really Shinnie being able to do that.
Regards McGeoch I think he is still trying to get up to March sharp Bess and build his confidence in respect if his injuries , which is affectingvhis performance ! Bartey for me gives us very little other than to at times break up play, I am sorry but that's not enough from a player in a game , the game is dynamic and needs to be played at a decent tempo he can't do that and certainly can't see a forward pass ! So our midfield last night was severely lacking, which was shown as most of the time was a mess ..I think Scott Martin gives us a better option than Bartley , and hope Lennon goes with him and McGeoch in the next game !
Oh and Cummings and Graham up front a much better goal threat !!

confused
03-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Get Jason back he can take the pen,s , big Holt needs taken to task for grabbing the ball, what way is that to inspire your team mate ?