Enough said
02-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Couldn't cross a coupon ... move on pal

Hibs90
02-12-2016, 09:43 PM
About time. Had enough let's give Crane a shot

Blaster
02-12-2016, 09:44 PM
Maybe we should look at hanlon for costing us the goal or Boyle for a poor penalty, no

kaimendhibs
02-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Really sorry but i agree. Will run thru a brick wall but cant find a cross at all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
Maybe we should look at hanlon for costing us the goal or Boyle for a poor penalty, no

Nope, it's always 100% Stevenson's fault on here :rolleyes:

Pretty sure everyone must have missed the good crosses/passes he made tonight

HoboHarry
This should be a bed wetters paradise tonight and cheaper than looking at their normal internet "sites". I'll be leaving you all to it........

Gatecrasher
02-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Time for him to move on, I like him but he can't play the role Lennon is asking of him.

JDT
I heard Crane is away in the summer after what happened in the last Dundee Utd game. The story goes that he was coming in but got a call from Lennon saying we dont need you, just stay at home. I think he was expecting to start or at least be on the bench. After that he decided he wanted to go. Supposed St Johnstone have showed interest

Hibs90

Don't think this thread is blaming him for the defeat but he was rotten tonight and has been for a number of weeks.

delbert
02-12-2016, 09:50 PM

Sorry but the point is well made, of course tonight's defeat wasn't his fault but he is quite simply one of the worst crossers of the ball I have ever seen, his delivery is utterly woeful

Blaster
02-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Don't think this thread is blaming him for the defeat but he was rotten tonight and has been for a number of weeks.

Who was good tonight? I'd have holt, invisible mcgeouch, Bartley, Boyle worse than Stevenson. McGregor, Marciano and Fontaine only pass marks for me

CallumHibs07
02-12-2016, 09:53 PM

And you ALWAYS seem to defend him. Good crosses? Are you having a laugh???

Get him to ****. Utterly woeful "footballer".

Apparently he's just a "scapegoat" though.

madhatter
Stevenson and Gray are terrible crossers. Gray when he occasionally reaches the touch line does ok but this is our only width.

We were poor because our two best footballers were out - Fyvie and McGinn. They both think and are good box to box midfielders. We need strengthened as soon as possible. We are more solid in defence but we struggle to create much.

WeeRussell
Maybe it'd be an idea not to have Lewy on set pieces if his delivery isn't the best, rather than just demanding the resident scapegoat doesn't continue playing for us.

As a team we were not good enough tonight.

madhatter
02-12-2016, 09:54 PM
What is very concerning is why was he taking a few corners and over a few free kicks?

The Green Goblin
02-12-2016, 09:55 PM
His crossing is poor, but he was just one player out of a whole team that lost tonight.

hibee_girl

I defend him because of the total over reaction on here. I'm not saying he was great tonight cos he wasn't by a long shot but to call for him to leave the club is a bit much imo.

shetlandhibee
:top marks
Stevenson and Gray are terrible crossers. Gray when he occasionally reaches the touch line does ok but this is our only width.

We were poor because our two best footballers were out - Fyvie and McGinn. They both think and are good box to box midfielders. We need strengthened as soon as possible. We are more solid in defence but we struggle to create much.

essexhibee
Not beating the first man is criminal and numerous times it happened tonight.

Bobo
02-12-2016, 09:56 PM
Boyle had a poor game tonight, he had the touch of a five year old all night and should never have been allowed anywhere near the penalty.

hibee_girl
02-12-2016, 09:56 PM
What is very concerning is why was he taking a few corners and over a few free kicks?

He was taking them during pre season and against Brondby too for some reason.

hibsbollah
02-12-2016, 09:58 PM
About time. Had enough let's give Crane a shot

Frasier Crane has more chance of getting a game under Lennon.

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2016, 10:00 PM
I defend him because of the total over reaction on here. I'm not saying he was great tonight cos he wasn't by a long shot but to call for him to leave the club is a bit much imo.

Overreaction????????It's nearly every bloody week he's poor, it was not all down to him but when you are putting in performances like he has this season, of course people will comment on another poor game.

And remember what league we are in too, we are not playing the elite of Scottish football, i want better than he's giving and a few others.

Stewboy
02-12-2016, 10:01 PM
He should try cutting onto his right to see if he can mis hit one into the middle

1987kev
02-12-2016, 10:02 PM
he should b judge on his performance no because he's been here 10 years blah blah if he was just signed in the summer and played the first 15 games like he has he should b drop and everyone here would want him out of the team.

ekhibee
02-12-2016, 10:02 PM
The penalty was against Fontaine not Hanlon. And it wasn't a penalty either.

WeeRussell
02-12-2016, 10:03 PM

It 100% was.

madhatter
02-12-2016, 10:03 PM
With our injuries why was Stevenson not moved into midfield instead of unfit Bartley or unfit mcGeouch and Crane put at left back? Or play 451 with Hanlon at LB? He works his socks off but I honestly think LB especially in our team does not work for him or the team. He would look ok with a winger in front of him.

noz
02-12-2016, 10:04 PM
Boyle had a poor game tonight, he had the touch of a five year old all night and should never have been allowed anywhere near the penalty.

Lennons just said on TV he was the designated penalty taker.
It was a poor pen...

PiemanP
Absolutely useless. Can crane really be any worse?

BoomtownHibees

Hanlon should have done better before it got to there though. Should have even fouled the boy and took the booking. We are no streetwise enough compared to other teams

carnoustiehibee
02-12-2016, 10:05 PM
With our injuries why was Stevenson not moved into midfield instead of unfit Bartley or unfit mcGeouch and Crane put at left back? Or play 451 with Hanlon at LB? He works his socks off but I honestly think LB especially in our team does not work for him or the team. He would look ok with a winger in front of him.

Hanlon got skinned at left back tonight by a guy who plays junior football.

hibbysam
02-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Hanlon should have done better before it got to there though. Should have even fouled the boy and took the booking. We are no streetwise enough compared to other teams

To be fair, once he passed Hanlon it looked like he tried to bring him down, in saying that he waltzed past him and Fontaine too easily and Daz was too slow in reading it to get across. In saying that, it was never a penalty.

Blaster
02-12-2016, 10:06 PM

Hanlon should have brought down Murray outside the box

BoomtownHibees
02-12-2016, 10:07 PM
To be fair, once he passed Hanlon it looked like he tried to bring him down, in saying that he waltzed past him and Fontaine too easily and Daz was too slow in reading it to get across. In saying that, it was never a penalty.

I've no seen it again and I was too far away from it. The players didn't look happy at it being given but the guys on the radio afterwards said it was a pen

erin go bragh
02-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Lewis is never a wingback. His crossing is murder . But it's not his faiult we lost tonight.
We need a proper WB who can beat a man and

cross the bloody ball .

madhatter
02-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Hanlon got skinned at left back tonight by a guy who plays junior football.

Hanlon play LB tonight, eh? Nah he was in a back 3.

carnoustiehibee
02-12-2016, 10:18 PM
Hanlon play LB tonight, eh? Nah he was in a back 3.

When he got skinned he was on the left back position.

familyman
02-12-2016, 10:19 PM
Absolutely useless. Can crane really be any worse?
If Stevenson played with a right foot he would never be in this team..enough said.

Deansy
02-12-2016, 10:26 PM
I've always backed Lewis due to his undoubtedly 100% commitment to Hibs but WHY - hasn't he/coaches making 'Crossing' his No.1 priority in training ?

HappyHanlon
02-12-2016, 10:28 PM
2 crosses failed to beat first man
Rest were in the box.

cabbageandribs1875
02-12-2016, 10:29 PM
wow

madhatter
02-12-2016, 10:29 PM
When he got skinned he was on the left back position.

Did not notice a move to 4 at the back...he may have moved out to the left but that doesn't mean he was playing LB.

beensaidbefore
02-12-2016, 10:31 PM

People don't overreact on here...

southern hibby
02-12-2016, 10:32 PM
I've had enough of Lewis not being able to cross. Yes he can defend but cross not a chance. As for 10 years at the club he's been outstanding athlete,, sportsman and professional.

However in the formation we play I'm sorry but he's not the answer. I may upset a few on here but Lewis needs to be replaced.

While I'm on the subject there's others too who give the ball away too cheaply, first touch is abysmal or just not doing it for me. Before someone says who do I replace him or other players with. I haven't a clue but other teams manage to get players in to do the damage so why can't we.

If we don't go up how long will we keep our support up? Then we'll not manage the funds we pay players now. Yes we had players out, yes we'll bring players in but we really aren't walking this league with what we have.

GGTTH

andy1875
02-12-2016, 10:36 PM
The whole team were poor tonight bar McGregor who i thought was decent. Picking Stevenson out is just looking for a scapegoat which so many need to make themselves feel better after a loss.

The midfield was completely bypassed all night, with McGinn and Fyvie severely missed. That was our issue tonight. Not Stevenson.

madhatter
02-12-2016, 10:39 PM
The whole team were poor tonight bar McGregor who i thought was decent. Picking Stevenson out is just looking for a scapegoat which so many need to make themselves feel better after a loss.

The midfield was completely bypassed all night, with McGinn and Fyvie severely missed. That was our issue tonight. Not Stevenson.

Problem is Gray and Stevenson are poor most weeks because they can't cross or take a man on. Rest of players have consistency and bad games. both our wing backs can't play as wingbacks as they can't perform a crucial part of their job.

McGinn and Fyvie were huge misses but the team we had should have put a fairly weak Dundee United side to bed.

18Craig75
02-12-2016, 10:43 PM

I certainly missed those...

brog
The over reaction to Stevenson tonight is as nonsensical as it was expected. He hit a couple of bad crosses, the rest were ok but there seemed to be very little attempt to get on the end of them. Boyle has a 'mare & Holt is never on the pace. Maybe instead of attacking Stevenson though we should ask why our manager plays a system which inevitably relies on our 2 full backs crossing the ball. I think there's about 4 threads blaming different players but no one has as yet commented on Dun Utd's tactics. They pushed up on our full backs with the result that more often than not our spare man was Fontaine. I've never seen him with so much of the ball & unfortunately he didn't know what to do with it. Strangely I remember Dun Utd doing exact same thing with Darren Dods many moons ago. That's not a criticism of LF, it's more that NL didn't work it out & when he brought on another full back in the last few minutes I was as bewildered as most of our players were tonight. Perversely I'm more confident now that we'll win the league as I thought DU were poor. Don't expect us to win it with flair & invention though.

southern hibby

Andy, I agree up to a point but if we're asking Lewis to get into a position and get the ball into the box and he's not doing it surely it's time to bring others in who can. Or am I just picking on Lewis because it's Lewis? No because the title of the thread was about him so I gave my opinion, nowt to do with feeling gutted or annoyed just my opinion.

GGTTH

RedHibby
02-12-2016, 10:48 PM
Calls for Crane to replace Stevenson I hope we aren't looking for a new scapegoat.

inglisavhibs
02-12-2016, 10:57 PM
It 100% was.
We actually made 4 mistakes for their goal which is incredibly bad defending. Fontaine gives the ball away, Hanlon should do much better one for one, McGregor then dives in followed by Fontaine trying to tackle when he can't get the ball. Not good enough against a pretty defensive home who played it like an away game. We need to find a player in January who can sometimes beat a man! Too many payers had poor games which is a worry against our biggest rivals. Not sure the system works too well with Gray and Stevenson as wide men, the problem being that we don't have the wide men to play other formations. This is going to be a nervy season which will probably go down to the wire.

QMU-1875
02-12-2016, 11:10 PM
He's not a bad player at all but out of form this season. Crossing has been dreadful for a while now, someone else has to be given an opportunity. He wasn't the problem today though, Hanlon sold the goal.

Badge
02-12-2016, 11:13 PM

I must haves missed them, please remind me. It wasn't just stevensons fault we got beat but I can't remember the good crosses or passes.

lugz
02-12-2016, 11:13 PM
I don't have a problem with Stevenson always tries his best and has been a good servant to the club but he just doesn't fit the role he's being asked to play, he doesn't have the ability to go past a man or whip a cross in.

Against the teams we're playing each week we can afford to put more attacking players in at wing back especially if we persist on playing a holding midfielder.

andy1875
02-12-2016, 11:22 PM
Andy, I agree up to a point but if we're asking Lewis to get into a position and get the ball into the box and he's not doing it surely it's time to bring others in who can. Or am I just picking on Lewis because it's Lewis? No because the title of the thread was about him so I gave my opinion, nowt to do with feeling gutted or annoyed just my opinion.

GGTTH

Fwiw, i agree with all of your post. Stevensons distribution is frustrating, shall we say, but lets not forget he is part of a defence that has conceded the fewest goals in the uk, i stand corrected if that is no longer the case. If he was garbage tonight amongst a team of good performances then I would have no qualms with this thread, but the fact is the entire team were poor yet there was an inevitability that a thread would be here straight after ft. Not deserved and that was my point based on the above.

Pete
02-12-2016, 11:27 PM
The reason David Beckham had one of the best deliveries in the world was because he literally used to spend hours just doing the same thing over and over again. Do we not practise crossing in training at all because even though Stevensons final ball isn't good, it's the whole team who seem to have trouble...and this has been a problem for years. Can we just not be bothered putting the hours in?

It's a sad situation when our best crosser of the ball is Grant Holt!

Big L
02-12-2016, 11:29 PM

This.

Hi Heid Yin
02-12-2016, 11:33 PM
When on his best form, Stevenson, for me, can do a reasonable job for any good-to-decent team within the 2nd tier of Scottish football. This, I believe, is HIS level.
He is definitely not a good standard SPL player, as so many would have us believe. Yes, he won a couple of players of the years awards whilst in the SPL, but those Hibs teams were dire and he merely offered consistency of huff and puff but nothing else. He was a mainstay in some of the most boring and abysmal Hibs teams ever witnessed at ER, including the team that took us down. Unlike Hanlon, Stevenson has not come onto a game and improved. He offers reliability -albeit within a very limited game - not being able to consistently beat a man or cross a ball, despite being a "veteran", is unforgivable.
He is more a liability than a strength and I'm convinced that this will be his final season at Easter Road. I suspect that even he knows this deep down.
His performances this season have generally fallen short of his own limited standards, but he can be forgiven, even by his harshest critics, for being wee, limited but "sweet Louie" when the team is winning, but a deserving target and a very weak-link when the team is not doing the business - tonight's game at Tannadice being a classic example.

madabouthibs
02-12-2016, 11:38 PM
No point in Lewis pumping crosses into the box when we're playing that fat huddy up front. Holt is clearly not fit enough for this battle, waste of a wage.

Deansy
02-12-2016, 11:39 PM

I've always thought that Hibs benefit more from Lewis in midfield - he's far better there than in defence.

BoomtownHibees
02-12-2016, 11:40 PM
What's with the personal abuse about a player playing for our team??

southern hibby
02-12-2016, 11:43 PM
Fwiw, i agree with all of your post. Stevensons distribution is frustrating, shall we say, but lets not forget he is part of a defence that has conceded the fewest goals in the uk, i stand corrected if that is no longer the case. If he was garbage tonight amongst a team of good performances then I would have no qualms with this thread, but the fact is the entire team were poor yet there was an inevitability that a thread would be here straight after ft. Not deserved and that was my point based on the above.

Fair play mate. Fwiw I actually feel Hibs as a club are letting Lewis down. In a back 4 he's what we need as a wingback he struggles and that's what infuriates me that fans can see this but it's never addressed by management.

GGTTH

Pete
02-12-2016, 11:52 PM
Oooh matron!

BigT-Hibeez
03-12-2016, 12:08 AM
Couldn't cross a coupon ... move on pal

I thought he was poor too.. not one decent cross all night.. no attacking threat whatsoever.. then again so was Gray

High-On-Hibs
03-12-2016, 12:09 AM
Stevenson's a decent solid defender. Nothing more. (Which is why he has remained at Hibs for so long)

It beggars belief that he was put on freekick and corner duty. It's almost like they just did it for a laugh. He is by far the worst crosser of a ball in that team. (Not that there are any good crossers atm)

What we're really lacking though is a Murray type player. Someone who will actually take defenders on. Someone who will gamble. Far too many hopeful punts from 40 yards in that game.

Stantons Angel
03-12-2016, 12:09 AM
Sorry but the point is well made, of course tonight's defeat wasn't his fault but he is quite simply one of the worst crossers of the ball I have ever seen, his delivery is utterly woeful

You are all so predictable you really are!

Sure some of his crosses were not perfect but as Hibee Girl says you all must have missed the great balls he crosssed in more than a few times during the game!

No one tonight looked as if they knew what they were doing at all..... just look at the carry on with who was going to take our penalty, they kept looking over at the bench. what was the point anyway putting in high balls to two huge defenders who were all over boyle and holt?

I dont see anyone getting on Shinnie's back for losing the ball time and time again or slipping all over the park or have i missed that ? Its far to easy to blame Lewis for everything that happens to Hibs..

Its one defeat so get off his back and rather than get on at him support the team..............

We all know how good McGinn and Fyvie have been and there is no one else that will take their place. They are going to be a BIG miss so for goodness sake dont make Lewis the scapegoat AGAIN its getting so boring!

Hermit Crab
03-12-2016, 12:35 AM

I'm not his biggest fan especially his crossing but that bit in bold is extremely harsh imo.

hibee_95
03-12-2016, 12:37 AM
For me Stevenson lacks pace, initiative and a woeful delivery. Certainly no one can question his effort levels, which is certainly admirable. But the matter of the fact is he has been at the heart of a failing Hibs team for years...
If he was the great player some say he his, can I ask why no other team has put in a serious offer in for him?

Hermit Crab
03-12-2016, 12:45 AM
You are all so predictable you really are!

Sure some of his crosses were not perfect but as Hibee Girl says you all must have missed the great balls he crosssed in more than a few times during the game!

No one tonight looked as if they knew what they were doing at all..... just look at the carry on with who was going to take our penalty, they kept looking over at the bench. what was the point anyway putting in high balls to two huge defenders who were all over boyle and holt?

I dont see anyone getting on Shinnie's back for losing the ball time and time again or slipping all over the park or have i missed that ? Its far to easy to blame Lewis for everything that happens to Hibs..

Its one defeat so get off his back and rather than get on at him support the team..............

We all know how good McGinn and Fyvie have been and there is no one else that will take their place. They are going to be a BIG miss so for goodness sake dont make Lewis the scapegoat AGAIN its getting so boring!

There weren't any thats why!!

Shinnie was hibs best player by a mile tonight, he was driving forward but had no runners in front of him to pass to.

Nobody is blaming him for tonights defeat, merely pointing out that he can't cross a road never mind a football.

wookie70
03-12-2016, 12:50 AM
His crossing has been poor lately but the other players don't help. Hardly anyone makes a near post run and when Lewis got the ball tonight no-one came to give him a hand. He works best when players get close to him and he can play one twos. He isn't the type to go round a man. He's not at his best but there were far worse than him tonight

et vireta
03-12-2016, 01:42 AM
His crossing has been poor lately but the other players don't help. Hardly anyone makes a near post run and when Lewis got the ball tonight no-one came to give him a hand. He works best when players get close to him and he can play one twos. He isn't the type to go round a man. He's not at his best but there were far worse than him tonight

How do you say it ?

Not good enough !

He is not a Hibs full back...for Gods sake stop covering up for him

MWHIBBIES
03-12-2016, 02:08 AM
How do you say it ?

Not good enough !

He is not a Hibs full back...for Gods sake stop covering up for himHe isnt just a Hibs full back, he is a Hibs legend.

JimmyL
03-12-2016, 02:25 AM
No interested teams, no rumours, signs contract after contract......current and previous manager rate so we must respect that

Libby Hibby
03-12-2016, 06:12 AM
What's with the personal abuse about a player playing for our team??

Correct...I smell a lot of yamness

northstandhibby
03-12-2016, 06:21 AM
It's ridiculous to pick on Lewis in this game. The defence and midfield were ok without being brilliant and for me the forwards had a poor game tonight. Boyley and Holt were poor with no control of the ball.

The Baldmans Comb
03-12-2016, 06:57 AM
Hibs didn't lose the game because of Lewis Stevenson but it stands out a country mile that replacing such a limited player is becoming a serious priority.

Lennon must have hoped he could have limped through to the end of the season and waited until the summer as he must know Stevenson cant survive at LB in the top division.

I would bite the bullet before then and act in January if the budget allows as LB looks more necessary than even centre mid.

HNA4
03-12-2016, 07:00 AM
Guys can we please leave the personal abuse out of this. Thanks.

Centre Hawf
03-12-2016, 07:30 AM
For me Stevenson lacks pace, initiative and a woeful delivery. Certainly no one can question his effort levels, which is certainly admirable. But the matter of the fact is he has been at the heart of a failing Hibs team for years...
If he was the great player some say he his, can I ask why no other team has put in a serious offer in for him?

Didn't realise playing left back for a team that reached two domestic cup finals last season counted as being the heart of a failing team. Shows what I know though.

Since90+2
03-12-2016, 07:44 AM
I think every Hibs fan will always be grateful to Lewis for his dedication to the club and the way he has conducted himself during his time at Hibs. However , the time has come for him to move on or become a back up squad player rather than a first pick every week.

He is simply not good enough and his ball in the final third is woeful and often lets down an attack that has been manoeuvred into a dangerous position. Yes he is fairly tenacious at defending but that is not what is required from a modern day full / wing back.

If this is deemed me to be scapegoating then fair enough. I want Hibs to be the best they possibly can and Stevenson IMO is just not at the level that is required to play for one of the biggest clubs in the country.

bingo70
03-12-2016, 07:48 AM
I'm not a great fan of Stevenson but I do think we ask too much of him.

Let him be a left back, shed some of our centre midfielders and get wingers in to provide the width and offer a real danger from the wings and not just rely on someone there because he's fit enough to make it up the park.

Pretty Boy
03-12-2016, 07:55 AM
Whole team was toothless last night but Stevenson isn't, has never been and will never be a wing back. If 352 is the way we are going then we need someone to play the role.

That's not a 'Lewis is rubbish' or 'it's all Lewis' fault' comment. It's just the way I see it. He doesn't have the pace or skill to beat a man and his final ball is poor a lot of the time. If we are relying on him to provide service from wide areas (and to an extent Gray on the other) then we are going to continue to struggle to create the opportunities our time in possesion merits.

Super_JMcGinn
03-12-2016, 08:12 AM

I take it you weren't at the game at ER when Hanlon replaced him ?

DH1875
03-12-2016, 08:32 AM
Lennons just said on TV he was the designated penalty taker.
It was a poor pen...

Lennon is an idiot then. Boyle should be nowhere near taking our pens.

I like Lewis but we all know he can't cross worth skit. Can someone please explain to me what he is doing taking free kicks into the box :confused:

BoomtownHibees
03-12-2016, 08:34 AM
Lennon is an idiot then. Boyle should be nowhere near taking our pens.

I like Lewis but we all know he can't cross worth skit. Can someone please explain to me what he is doing taking free kicks into the box :confused:

Boyle hit a decent enough pen back in April. Although I agree with the way Boyle was playing last night he shouldn't have been anywhere near it.

Holt missed his last one.

Who would you have had taken it?

Greenworld
03-12-2016, 08:37 AM
Well I'm going to blame Neil Lennon not any of the players. He picks the team and the tactics ,we all as supporters no the strengths and weaknesses of our players. Lennon in his wisdom decided to sign who he did, where is the ambition the players who would really make a difference .
The fans have done our bit. Time for he club to really loosen the purse strings and get the players in to get us out of this leugue

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
03-12-2016, 08:46 AM
What's wrong with the signings Lennon made?

Rocky has been solid, Shinnie is a really important player for us and Holt / Graham have been ok ish.

bingo70
03-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Well I'm going to blame Neil Lennon not any of the players. He picks the team and the tactics ,we all as supporters no the strengths and weaknesses of our players. Lennon in his wisdom decided to sign who he did, where is the ambition the players who would really make a difference .
The fans have done our bit. Time for he club to really loosen the purse strings and get the players in to get us out of this leugue

"Going to blame Neil Lennon"......for being top of the league?

Dundee Utd are on a terrific run of form and it was never going to be easy game last night, we don't have the divine right to win every week so IMO there's a fair bit of over reacting going on.

Greenworld
03-12-2016, 09:04 AM
What's wrong with the signings Lennon made?

Rocky has been solid, Shinnie is a really important player for us and Holt / Graham have been ok ish.
Ok ish will not get us out of this leugue

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2016, 09:05 AM
Boyle hit a decent enough pen back in April. Although I agree with the way Boyle was playing last night he shouldn't have been anywhere near it.

McGeough was our penalty taker for a while when he first signed wasn't he?

DH1875
03-12-2016, 09:17 AM

Shinnie or maybes even Dylan although the way he played last night he might have missed it, who knows. What I do know is that just before Boyle took it my 12 year old daughter turned to me and said he was gonna miss it and i agreed with her.

BoomtownHibees
03-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Shinnie or maybes even Dylan although the way he played last night he might have missed it, who knows. What I do know is that just before Boyle took it my 12 year old daughter turned to me and said he was gonna miss it and i agreed with her.

Has a habit of happening when a player has been ***** all game and then steps up to take a penalty. I think Holt sensed that, hence why he wanted to hit it

BoomtownHibees
03-12-2016, 09:38 AM
McGeough was our penalty taker for a while when he first signed wasn't he?

I really can't remember mate. The way he was playing last night I wouldn't have been too confident of him scoring either

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2016, 09:51 AM
I really can't remember mate. The way he was playing last night I wouldn't have been too confident of him scoring either

I agree - and I'm pretty sure he stopped taking them after missing one!

He's promoted Stevenson to free kicks so maybe he could've taken the pen as well.

BoomtownHibees
03-12-2016, 10:04 AM
I agree - and I'm pretty sure he stopped taking them after missing one!

He's promoted Stevenson to free kicks so maybe he could've taken the pen as well.

Free kicks and corners given to our least technical player baffled me. To then see him step up to take a penalty would have been surreal

IWasThere2016
03-12-2016, 10:08 AM
One of a number simply not good enough.

Phil MaGlass
03-12-2016, 10:16 AM
Lewis has been a terrible crosser of the ball for yonks, why do we keep insisting on him crossing, he just cant, I like the guy bit not as a crosser, to get out of this league we need to play with pace, like we did with Queens, not, pishy, slow, non creative pish, I dont get it, or maybe I do. We could be atleast 10 -15 clear already, were throwing it away, yet again. As for the transfr period, we need to sort it out now, not bloody January, anyone remember what happened last transfer period or the time becore that? We signed injured and unfit players that couldnt contribute for weeks, it was all too late(coming good for the cup final) in fact Stokes was a prime example. Iam also starting to run out of patience with Lennon, BUT that will be for a later time, no sense in getting on his back now.Tempo and pace its pretty simple?
WE REALLY CANT WAIT FOR THE TRANSFER PERIOD.

Eyrie
03-12-2016, 11:13 AM
I've said this before and it bears repeating.

We have two very good full backs in Gray and Stevenson who are being played out of position as wing backs and expected to beat their man and whip in good crosses on a regular basis. As we see every week, that is not their natural game and simply exposes their inadequacy as attackers.

It's a managerial failure. Either the formation is wrong, because two players are being used in an unsuitable role, or the recruitment is wrong, because the manager has failed to bring in players who are suited to being wing backs.

To be honest, in this division and against teams that for the most part want to defend against us in depth, we should be playing wingers and not wing backs in a 3-5-2 anyway. But we don't have any wingers despite that being a glaring weakness in the squad for a couple of seasons now.

Based on our existing squad, I'd look to play 4-3-3. Keep Gray and Stevenson in defence where they are good players and can overlap occasionally without being our sole width. McGregor and Hanlon are a good combination at CH with Fontaine and Forster for cover. McGinn, Fyvie, Shinnie, McGeoch, Bartley and Martin offer plenty of options in midfield. We have Cummings, Keatings and Boyle to play wide of Graham or Holt.