PDA

View Full Version : Makers takers?

Ozyhibby
02-12-2016, 09:40 PM
I know it's been a Sunday league level performance but is this what were reduced to? Why was Boyle taking the pen when Holt has been taking them all season?
Absolute amateur hour stuff Neil Lennon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
02-12-2016, 09:40 PM
Holt missed his last penalty too, might be why Lennon opted for Boyle.

CL0762
02-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Woeful. After his performance up to then Boyle was never scoring that.

erin go bragh
02-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Tbh , Boyle scored his las pen against Utd . Poor pen tonight tho . Second half we were much better .
Still top . Dirty team Utd .

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-12-2016, 09:47 PM
I'm sure it was Thierry Henry that said if he made the pen,then that's the only time he wouldn't take them. Felt superstitious or something like that.

I can understand Boyle taking it. The boy's in great form, so why not? Turned out to be pretty ***** but let's not make something out of nothing. Cummings took 1 of the worst pens I've ever seen in the semi against utd in April

ancient hibee
02-12-2016, 09:49 PM
I'm sure it was Thierry Henry that said if he made the pen,then that's the only time he wouldn't take them. Felt superstitious or something like that.

I can understand Boyle taking it. The boy's in great form, so why not? Turned out to be pretty ***** but let's not make something out of nothing. Cummings took 1 of the worst pens I've ever seen in the semi against utd in April
Great form! In all honesty he looked lik he'd never played before.

Ozyhibby
If two players are arguing over who takes it there has been a failure in management.

danhibees1875

Cummings pen was stupid, boyles pen was just awful.

CapitalGreen
02-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Lennon said Boyle should take

essexhibee
02-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Boyle had been awful all game. Said to my missues he would miss and shock horror he did. When you have been that awful all game it was an absolute stick on he was going to miss .

Scottie
02-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Lennon said Boyle should take
Boyle was the designated pen taker tonight as Holt missed his last one.

WeeRussell
02-12-2016, 10:08 PM
If two players are arguing over who takes it there has been a failure in management.

Get your point but was there really much of an argument? I don't trust what Sutton slavers and then the replay looked like it was just Lennon shouting instruction without much appealing from Boyle? Could be wrong though.

In any case I suppose you could make the same argument if the manager is having to shout on during the game...

flash
02-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Surprised Boyle managed to kick the ball never mind score. One of the worst individual performances I can remember.