Another one being linked to us today

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016

Think this is the link...if not its on newsnow

bigwheel
02-12-2016, 01:09 PM

Looks like it's him in the training pic on the other thread .

CapitalGreen
02-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Looks like it's him in the training pic on the other thread .

It does but it would be quite unusual for him to be training with us given he is still under contract and played for his club 3 days ago.

Tobias Funke
02-12-2016, 01:34 PM

Playing in Dutch Eerste Divisie. That is one of the most attacking leagues in the world, goal crazy. His scoring record is very impressive.

Scott Allan Key
02-12-2016, 01:36 PM
It does but it would be quite unusual for him to be training with us given he is still under contract and played for his club 3 days ago.

I don't know when training pic was taken exactly but it does look like Pennsnt to me, from a week or so ago, perhaps. Failing that, one can go onto transfermarkt.co.uk and spot from out of contract players. It's not Ronaldinho, who would score for fun in this Championship.

California-Hibs
02-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Playing in Dutch Eerste Divisie. That is one of the most attacking leagues in the world, goal crazy. His scoring record is very impressive.

Was just going to say that. His scoring record for a midfielder is very impressive. Yes please!!

Diclonius
02-12-2016, 02:14 PM
A Dutch attacking midfielder who had scored plenty of goals in the Netherlands.

Sure I remember we signed a guy like that once... :wink:

ekhibee
02-12-2016, 02:32 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking, but who knows, this guy might be better. Good goal scoring record as well.

My_Wife_Camille
02-12-2016, 02:40 PM
I don't know when training pic was taken exactly but it does look like Pennsnt to me, from a week or so ago, perhaps. Failing that, one can go onto transfermarkt.co.uk and spot from out of contract players. It's not Ronaldinho, who would score for fun in this Championship.

What if he's not out of contract?

Callum_62
02-12-2016, 02:44 PM
where is this training pic?

Diclonius
02-12-2016, 02:44 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking, but who knows, this guy might be better. Good goal scoring record as well.

Absolutely, if the management team think he's good enough then bring him in.

Callum_62
02-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Nah, hes garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm63Dpeeyh0

NAE NOOKIE
02-12-2016, 03:03 PM
Looks like a few English clubs could be interested as well, I highly doubt this guy is going to end up at Easter Road

HoboHarry
02-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Looks like a few English clubs could be interested as well, I highly doubt this guy is going to end up at Easter Road
Negative Nancy.......

:greengrin

Paloschi
02-12-2016, 03:07 PM
A number of English and Scottish sides are weighing up a move for VVV Venlo midfielder Johnatan Opoku, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Johnatan Opoku has been earning rave reviews in the Dutch Jupiler League this season, helping VVV Venlo to the top of the table as they look to win promotion back to the top flight this campaign. [...]

Edinburgh rivals Hearts and Hibernian are both understood to have made enquiries for Opoku as they look to bring the all-action midfielder to Scotland, but they could face competition from a number of English Championship clubs for his signature.

From Transfermarkt.

GreenLake
02-12-2016, 03:11 PM
A number of English and Scottish sides are weighing up a move for VVV Venlo midfielder Johnatan Opoku, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Johnatan Opoku has been earning rave reviews in the Dutch Jupiler League this season, helping VVV Venlo to the top of the table as they look to win promotion back to the top flight this campaign. [...]

Edinburgh rivals Hearts and Hibernian are both understood to have made enquiries for Opoku as they look to bring the all-action midfielder to Scotland, but they could face competition from a number of English Championship clubs for his signature.

From Transfermarkt.

Hearts will just outbid us and offer him double our wages.

southsider
02-12-2016, 03:27 PM
Hearts will just outbid us and offer him double our wages.

Then not pay him. They have history of that

J-C
02-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Definitely looks like the guy in the 18 top during training.

17731 .17732

Billy Whizz
02-12-2016, 03:42 PM

I thought that too, but no 18 is small, where as this guy is 6ft 1

J-C
02-12-2016, 03:58 PM
Quick look on FM and he's a left sided attacking midfielder/left winger, with good stats.

GreenOnions
02-12-2016, 04:05 PM

17731 .17732

I think that's Pennant

Dunbar Hibee
02-12-2016, 04:07 PM

17731 .17732

Where is this picture?

Edit - just seen it.

Ronniekirk
02-12-2016, 04:10 PM
We are clearly trying to bring in someone before the Transfer window opens as well as when it does
McGinn and fyvie injured and out at same time for weeks and in Mcginns case months is a blow
Dylan needs to remain fit

We need someone in but no point rushing as tonight is a chance for others to stake a claim im what will be one of pur tougher fixtures
But its clear we are looking at some decent players which is encouraging

ancient hibee
02-12-2016, 04:14 PM

From Transfermarkt.

Ibrox?

allezsauzee
02-12-2016, 04:19 PM
I think that's Pennant

Where have all the tats on his neck gone? :greengrin

California-Hibs
02-12-2016, 04:25 PM
Where have all the tats on his neck gone? :greengrin

Yep, that's why I'm ruling it out as Pennant. Good spot.

Jim44
02-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Yep, that's why I'm ruling it out as Pennant. Good spot.

I don't know about the tattoo reference, but the two photographs aren't the same guy, in my opinion.

beensaidbefore
02-12-2016, 05:38 PM

To be fair, he did start well. 2 goals in his first game. Maybe we should offer a pay as you play deal.
😁

NAE NOOKIE
02-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Negative Nancy.......

:greengrin

Realistic Nancy more like. The question in my head is why is a player who at 26 should be approaching his prime not being offered a new contract by a club he is ( by the looks of it ) playing very well for. If he has been offered a contract but decided to look for better offers I would be highly surprised if a Dutch top flight club, even an unfancied one like VVV - Venlo, who I admit I've never heard of, cant offer him better money than the likes of Hibs.

If its a case of him looking to broaden his football experience why would he turn down better money and a higher profile in England for a club in the Scottish Championship?

HoboHarry
02-12-2016, 06:51 PM
Realistic Nancy more like. The question in my head is why is a player who at 26 should be approaching his prime not being offered a new contract by a club he is ( by the looks of it ) playing very well for. If he has been offered a contract but decided to look for better offers I would be highly surprised if a Dutch top flight club, even an unfancied one like VVV - Venlo, who I admit I've never heard of, cant offer him better money than the likes of Hibs.

If its a case of him looking to broaden his football experience why would he turn down better money and a higher profile in England for a club in the Scottish Championship?

Not disagreeing with anything you are saying but who knows what else he has heard or who he is friends with? Did he visit Scotland and get blootered on George Street and wants to live in there now? Just saying there are more reasons to leave a country then simply football itself....... Why did Le God come to us?

xyz23jc
02-12-2016, 06:53 PM

Kwality, subtle but Kwality nonetheless!:thumbsup::agree::greengrin

Tobias Funke
02-12-2016, 08:00 PM
On the scoresheet for Venlo tonight.