PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Utd - Shambles Of A Club

Since1875Hibs
30-11-2016, 03:53 PM
Hibs have advised:

No drum
No standing
No flags

Clearly supporter experience isn't high on their agenda.

No doubt the level of stewarding won't have improved either. Last few seasons have had supporters from children to the elderly searchec multiple times. Very heavy handed. Worse than doorman up the town.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Do these rules apply in both ends? Or is it an attempt to quieten down the Hibs crowd?

Hermit Crab
30-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Hibs have advised:

No drum
No standing
No flags

No doubt the level of stewarding won't have improved either. Last few seasons have had supporters from children to the elderly searchec multiple times. Very heavy handed. Worse than doorman up the town.

Good luck with that one in the shed end and the lower fair play stand, especially since the home fans all stand in the lower tier behind the goals.

HibsNutter
30-11-2016, 03:59 PM
So....

Bring the drum.
All stand.
Bring a few flags.

Hermit Crab
30-11-2016, 04:01 PM
So....

Bring the drum.
All stand.
Bring a few flags.

100% agree.

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2016, 04:07 PM
Do the fans reps have any thoughts or input on this?

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-11-2016, 04:07 PM
100% agree.

Would disagree.
The Dundee United stewards are the worst that I have encountered and that includes going along the M8 to the dark side. If there is no hassle, then they will create it.
Often very quick to get Mr Plod involved, who to be fair are there to help. See a look of FFS on their faces too

Hermit Crab
30-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Would disagree.
The Dundee United stewards are the worst that I have encountered and that includes going along the M8 to the dark side. If there is no hassle, then they will create it.
Often very quick to get Mr Plod involved, who to be fair are there to help. See a look of FFS on their faces too

Oh I know, if you're in the fair play lower there is a little Hitler prick chief steward, he even has the little moustache. He creates havoc and looks to eject fans for the smallest things, he hates standing and will threaten fans with ejection. You mention the police getting involved, they cut be arsed with him and his jobsworth attitude. Complete knob.

Kojock
30-11-2016, 04:15 PM
100% agree.

Don't you have any consideration for your fellow supporters? Personally I don't mind standing as being over 6' tall not many people block my view, however the person behind me with the small children or the person who has difficulty standing can't see a thing.

NAE NOOKIE
30-11-2016, 04:16 PM
How utterly boring of them .... they either have no faith in their home fans or they are just run by folk determined to make football a drab soulless experience :bitchy:

Albanian Hibs
30-11-2016, 04:19 PM
So....

Bring the drum.
All stand.
Bring a few flags.

Agree

beensaidbefore
30-11-2016, 04:22 PM
I have attended football games for years without drums being present. This is a newish thing and not necessary if fans actually sing with out prompt from the drummer guy. OK it adds a bit of noise, but if we sang a decent variety at games instead of something over and over it might encourage others to join in.

Billy Whizz
30-11-2016, 04:23 PM
I have attended football games for years without drums being present. This is a newish thing and not necessary if fans actually sing with out prompt from the drummer guy. OK it adds a bit of noise, but if we sang a decent variety at games instead of something over and over it might encourage others to join in.

I love the sound of our drummer, particularly at away games

beensaidbefore
30-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Maybe I'm just getting too old!
😂

Hibs331875
30-11-2016, 04:27 PM
No pyro no party

WeeRussell
30-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Shambles of a club is a bit OTT based on those 3 points haha.. however I'm sure big flags in the home end behind the goals was part of their move to build atmosphere at tannadice last season.. so seems a bit strange/wrong of them to instruct us not to bring flags. Unless they have had complaints of their own and this is now a blanket ban, which seems unlikely.

The other two I can see logical reasons for, whether or not I agree with them.

Hermit Crab
30-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Don't you have any consideration for your fellow supporters? Personally I don't mind standing as being over 6' tall not many people block my view, however the person behind me with the small children or the person who has difficulty standing can't see a thing.

Not if those around me are standing. Im 6ft myself so unless I'm stuck behind you or Andre the giant I'm not bothered :greengrin

Hermit Crab
30-11-2016, 04:33 PM
No pyro no party

I don't mind them but those things we can do without. SFA would hammer us with a fine or points deduction as we've got previous for these things. Not worth it.

.Sean.
30-11-2016, 04:33 PM
The stewarding at Tannadice had been notoriously ***** for as long as I've been going.

Nae standing behind the goals, good luck enforcing that on a Friday after the majority of folk have had a good scoops.

Albanian Hibs
30-11-2016, 04:40 PM

You obviously dont go to many away games?

Hermit Crab
30-11-2016, 04:42 PM

I think theres a few away game virgins going this Friday.

cabbageandribs1875
30-11-2016, 04:48 PM

the drummer boy and singing fans were Ace at Ayr recently, with muchos variety of songs

resident_Arab
30-11-2016, 05:22 PM
Hibs have advised:

No drum
No standing
No flags

That's standard, it's the home fans that get told to sit down usually when say the old firm visited and all stood in unison

No drum.... Thk ****, any support that needs a drum to create noise isn't upto much, it's annoying as ****, just sing and clap ffs

Billy Whizz
30-11-2016, 05:24 PM
That's standard, it's the home fans that get told to sit down usually when say the old firm visited and all stood in unison

No drum.... Thk ****, any support that needs a drum to create noise isn't upto much, it's annoying as ****, just sing and clap ffs

No wonder it's called Fundee

theonlywayisup
30-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Hibs have advised:

No drum
No standing
No flags

Hoist up the green and white flags.........

:flag::flag::flag:

Hermit Crab

You do realise your sly (or not so sly) digs at us are not going unnoticed...

Hibs90

Maybe a username change to resident_fud is required

Steve20
30-11-2016, 05:26 PM
Not a fan of drums at football games. They're a pain. Should be enough atmosphere created without them.

Is It On....
30-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Hibs have advised:

No drum
No standing
No flags

As we used to say back in the 80s "what a sh##ey home support"...hated going to Dundee...

Hermit Crab
30-11-2016, 05:29 PM
Not a fan of drums at football games. They're a pain. Should be enough atmosphere created without them.

Are you a fan of anything other than moaning or complaining?

cabbageandribs1875
30-11-2016, 05:32 PM

No drum.... Thk ****, any support that needs a drum to create noise isn't upto much, it's annoying as ****,just sing and clap ffs

awk stop it

Scouse Hibee
30-11-2016, 05:33 PM

Hahahahaha did YOU actually post that :-)

beensaidbefore
30-11-2016, 05:34 PM

That is correct.

Del Boy
30-11-2016, 05:35 PM
No flags is a joke

No standing is pretty much a standard policy in all seater stadiums

No drum - good, they're a pain in the arse

beensaidbefore
30-11-2016, 05:36 PM
the drummer boy and singing fans were Ace at Ayr recently, with muchos variety of songs

Fair play wasn't there, and not trying to suggest our guy is any worse/better than any other club. Just something a bit contrived about the thought of needing these 3 things to make an atmosphere.

emerald green
30-11-2016, 05:37 PM

:agree: A dismal boring s***hole of a place IMO.

matty_f
30-11-2016, 05:44 PM

Luckily the pish football on offer keeps the home fans quiet most weeks so you don't need to worry about drums, noise, or atmosphere.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2016, 06:01 PM

Tbh if the football on offer at Tannadice most weeks is on a par with what your team served up at ER in the last game there probably isn't much experience of dealing with atmosphere. Maybe explains the overkill from the fun police.

Valencia
30-11-2016, 06:02 PM
The last time I was at Tannadice I had to stand - just in front of the press box and there was not enough leg room to sit down

cabbageandribs1875
30-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Fair play wasn't there, and not trying to suggest our guy is any worse/better than any other club. Just something a bit contrived about the thought of needing these 3 things to make an atmosphere.

could be worse, we could have they incredibly annoying clapper things which forced me not to watch any leicester city home games last season, although i think the club have banned them now :greengrin

mim
30-11-2016, 06:11 PM
May I just say that I'm 70 and absolutely love the drum at away games (but then again, I go to away games, unlike the complaining bar stewards) :flag:

resident_Arab
30-11-2016, 06:15 PM
You do realise your sly (or not so sly) digs at us are not going unnoticed...

Just my opinion, don't like drums, be it that Livi drum a decade ago,the Motherwell one, Hibs whoever, good atmospheres to be had without them, Hibs fans are good creating the noise through clapping and voice without it (a compliment to make you feel better)

This thread title is a huge needless dig at United, and comes off like Hibs are being treated different to our own fans or anyone else

resident_Arab
30-11-2016, 06:17 PM
No flags is a joke

No standing is pretty much a standard policy in all seater stadiums

No drum - good, they're a pain in the arse

Careful, sly dig at Hibs if you don't like the drum!!

TonyStokeprano
30-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Just my opinion, don't like drums, be it that Livi drum a decade ago,the Motherwell one, Hibs whoever, good atmospheres to be had without them, Hibs fans are good creating the noise through clapping and voice without it (a compliment to make you feel better)

This thread title is a huge needless dig at United, and comes off like Hibs are being treated different to our own fans or anyone else

What about the no flags ? Is that the home end aswell ?

matty_f
30-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Careful, sly dig at Hibs if you don't like the drum!!

Sky digs at the forum users also don't go unnoticed.

Billy Whizz
30-11-2016, 06:21 PM

Thought football was entertainment? Your club comes across as drab as its chairman, Mr Personality himself, must have been his decision

resident_Arab
30-11-2016, 06:22 PM
What about the no flags ? Is that the home end aswell ?

The home end behind the goal is allowed flags only for a pre match display, before the display team collect them all and take them away

Billy Whizz
30-11-2016, 06:24 PM
The home end behind the goal is allowed flags only for a pre match display, before the display team collect them all and take them away

Not having a dig at you personally, but it's like being back at school

resident_Arab
30-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Thought football was entertainment? Your club comes across as drab as its chairman, Mr Personality himself, must have been his decision

United are many things, but drab as a club is not one

You'll all be able to stand in the shed as will we behind the goal as it's not gonna be enforced with big numbers

There is nothing to stop the atmosphere,the drum won't be missed on the night

Ott reaction I reckon and should be a good night and good atmosphere, and maybe we'll get a entertaining game to match

resident_Arab
30-11-2016, 06:28 PM

What forum member? I've seen digs my way for not being a drum fan, yet some Hibs posters don't like the drum either and don't get accused of having a dig.

Hermit Crab
30-11-2016, 06:28 PM

This is also our forum so if you're not happy then piss off to tangerine land.net or whatever you call your forum. :bye:

beensaidbefore
30-11-2016, 06:29 PM
could be worse, we could have they incredibly annoying clapper things which forced me not to watch any leicester city home games last season, although i think the club have banned them now :greengrin

Or voovoozellas or whatever they were called.

beensaidbefore
30-11-2016, 06:29 PM
This is also our forum so if you're not happy then piss off to tangerine land.net or whatever you call your forum. :bye:

Nice

Billy Whizz
30-11-2016, 06:31 PM
Or voovoozellas or whatever they were called.

It's called Eddie's army. Eddie was a gentleman of man

tamig
30-11-2016, 06:32 PM

Think the boy was just trying to inject a wee bit humour as a way of backtracking slightly. He does come on here regularly and has taken a reasonable pummeling on the thread. Think you're being a bit touchy.

resident_Arab
30-11-2016, 06:33 PM

It's a good forum, just replying to a couple Utd game related threads

where'stheslope
30-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Back in the day I use to take my BB bugle to games, so who still got theirs, it never said no BUGLES!!!!!

guthrie01
30-11-2016, 06:34 PM

:agree: Don't like it, there's the door. This is a place for Hibs fans not some other poxy team fans telling us what not to talk about

resident_Arab
30-11-2016, 06:34 PM
It's called Eddie's army. Eddie was a gentleman of man

United mad forum
East football forum
Tekel towers forum

Are the main three

tamig
30-11-2016, 06:36 PM
:agree: Don't like it, there's the door. This is a place for Hibs fans not some other poxy team fans telling us what not to talk about

Its good to get some views from other clubs fans on here imo. Abusing folk doesn't do us any favours. No need for it.

TAHibby
30-11-2016, 06:37 PM
I think theres a few away game virgins going this Friday.

Hope they enjoy the experience and want to go along to the next one!

frazeHFC
30-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Wish we didn't need a drum, but it definitely gets the crowd going when its quiet (which is a lot of the time at home). Not surprised Dundee United don't allow it though 😴

beensaidbefore
30-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Its good to get some views from other clubs fans on here imo. Abusing folk doesn't do us any favours. No need for it.

Well said.

Mcpakeisgod
30-11-2016, 06:47 PM
Christ, some of the behaviour in this forum is like being back in primary school

Scott Allan Key
30-11-2016, 06:49 PM

Agreed. And nothing wrong stirring up a bit of banter, we can give as good as we get. But the fact that the drum does annoy/intimidate some of the home fans mean the drum's effect has been noted IMO. I'm sure it isn't simply being banned for being 'anti-social'. It can contribute to the rhythm of our play. Anyone bring a cordless mic who can do a human beat box?

Baader
30-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Sounds like Jim McLean is in charge of stewarding there...

WhileTheChief..
30-11-2016, 07:20 PM
A lot of miserable Hibbies on here tonight!

Did we just sell McGinn and Cummings for a fiver and I missed it or something??

I like it when fans of other clubs post on here and I'm sure most of us can cope with a few wee digs now and again. We certainly dish it out enough to other clubs!

Danderhall Hibs
30-11-2016, 07:20 PM

Our na na, na na, na na na na na-na song's much better with the drum at the start IMO.

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2016, 07:29 PM
United mad forum
East football forum
Tekel towers forum

Are the main three

Is that one each?

WhileTheChief..
30-11-2016, 07:33 PM
^^^ :top marks

worcesterhibby
30-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Is that one each?

:greengrin:tee hee::tee hee::greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
30-11-2016, 07:44 PM
It's does seen pretty moaney from them. The game's in a crap stadium with poor views, live on TV on a Friday night at a time of year when people's wallets are particularly stretched maybe try to treat them with a bit of courtesy and respect rather than give them the headmaster ritual.

cleanyman
30-11-2016, 08:26 PM
United mad forum
East football forum
Tekel towers forum

Are the main three

Eastfoot ball isn't a Dundee United forum

Used to to be good but it's gash now

Frazerbob
30-11-2016, 09:58 PM
It's not that long ago we banned drums for away fans (Livi?) and I totally agreed with that decision. Drums are annoying and belong to ice hockey supports.

resident_Arab
30-11-2016, 10:20 PM

True but the United forum was always very busy, they messed with the format which has ruined it a bit

HoboHarry
01-12-2016, 12:56 AM
Have Vuvuzelas been listed as banned? Bring some of them along...... :greengrin

Edit - Sh**e, just noticed I got beaten to it......

SouthMoroccoStu
01-12-2016, 06:07 AM
I'm probably totally wrong but didn't we ban Motherwell fans from bringing their drum a few seasons ago....

s.a.m
01-12-2016, 06:30 AM
I'm probably totally wrong but didn't we ban Motherwell fans from bringing their drum a few seasons ago....

IIRC, we said they couldn't bring it because it was a bass drum, and that snare would have been OK.

Brooster
01-12-2016, 07:11 AM
No drums, no standing and no flags!! DU need to get over themselves.....bawbag of a club.

JDHibs
01-12-2016, 07:43 AM

Ironic...

Bill Milne
01-12-2016, 07:59 AM
I love the sound of our drummer, particularly at away games

Not so great if you are standing right in front of drummer, deafness guaranteed!!

HappyHanlon
01-12-2016, 11:21 AM
The stewards at Tannadump are some of the worst i've witnessed.

Remember one guy getting thrown out cause "he hurt the ground" - he was merely banging the corrugated iron to get the Hibees song going :rolleyes:

Stadium is a shambles. Tight corridors, seating that would cut your knees off and toilets that are behind sound proof doors so you cannae actually hear whats going on.

Sooner they go bust the better.

WeeRussell
01-12-2016, 11:23 AM
The stewards at Tannadump are some of the worst i've witnessed.

Remember one guy getting thrown out cause "he hurt the ground" - he was merely banging the corrugated iron to get the Hibees song going :rolleyes:

Stadium is a shambles. Tight corridors, seating that would cut your knees off and toilets that are behind sound proof doors so you cannae actually hear whats going on.

Sooner they go bust the better.

You want their club to fold because you can't hear the crowd when you go for a s***e?

cleanyman
01-12-2016, 11:33 AM
True but the United forum was always very busy, they messed with the format which has ruined it a bit

Are
you resident Arab on EF?

Billy
01-12-2016, 12:26 PM

Started by a Hibby 😉

cleanyman
01-12-2016, 12:34 PM
Started by a Hibby 😉

I
Know Billy, its Dave

When are you back?

1875STEVE
01-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Is that one each?

:faf::faf::faf:

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 12:46 PM
Are
you resident Arab on EF?

I don't post there, just read it now and again

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 12:49 PM
You want their club to fold because you can't hear the crowd when you go for a s***e?

Plus Tannadice is a class wee ground with plenty character and good for atmosphere when it has a big crowd in it like tomorrow

Salt N Sauzee
01-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Plus Tannadice is a class wee ground with plenty character and good for atmosphere when it has a big crowd in it like tomorrow

Class? Not sure about that mate.

Albanian Hibs
01-12-2016, 01:47 PM

😂😂😂

hibbymac
01-12-2016, 01:56 PM
FFS, they'll be saying that yer no allowed to take drink in next :rolleyes::duck:

Kato
01-12-2016, 02:05 PM
Plus Tannadice is a class wee ground with >plenty character< and good for atmosphere when it has a big crowd in it like tomorrow

= Sh*th*le.

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Like I say, very tidy, very compact, plenty character and it's good for atmosphere when bigger crowds are in, plus hosted a European final!

http://www.dufcarchive.co.uk/images/tannadice/1987.jpg

http://www.info-stades.fr/uploads/stades/dundee-tannadice-park6.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-n4M15FB_AQ

givescotlandfreedom
01-12-2016, 02:30 PM

It's really not. In the normal away end you're walking through the equivalent of someone's house to get to the seats with no room should you need to evacuate, have a crap view then get over zealous stewards picking rows with fans for 'issues' that aren't a problem elsewhere outside of Glasgow. My favourite was the aforementioned tache steward who was trying to tell the entire away end they couldn't sing at David Goodwillie when he was accused of being a bad boy and shouting at fans who momentarily had to stand to see the ball at the other end of the pitch, such is the dire set up of the ground.

Pretty Boy
01-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Class? Not sure about that mate.

I'm sure it's class if you're about 5'4".

Hermit Crab
01-12-2016, 03:07 PM

Wheres the class and wheres the character? :confused:

Hermit Crab
01-12-2016, 03:13 PM
It's really not. In the normal away end you're walking through the equivalent of someone's house to get to the seats with no room should you need to evacuate, have a crap view then get over zealous stewards picking rows with fans for 'issues' that aren't a problem elsewhere outside of Glasgow. My favourite was the aforementioned tache steward who was trying to tell the entire away end they couldn't sing at David Goodwillie when he was accused of being a bad boy and shouting at fans who momentarily had to stand to see the ball at the other end of the pitch, such is the dire set up of the ground.

You know him too? Absolute clown of a man and takes stewarding to the extreme. Causes his own problems.

Hermit Crab
01-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Like I say, very tidy, very compact, plenty character and it's good for atmosphere when bigger crowds are in, plus hosted a European final!

http://www.dufcarchive.co.uk/images/tannadice/1987.jpg

http://www.info-stades.fr/uploads/stades/dundee-tannadice-park6.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-n4M15FB_AQ (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-n4M15FB_AQ)

What I will say is that the shed end or the lower tier behind the goals are the perfect candidate to install safe standing and give the fans something that they want.

Moulin Yarns
01-12-2016, 03:15 PM

You have met my pal who is an Arab?! We call him Winston due to a close resemblance to the Still Game character.

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Hampden also hosted a European final, it is also a ***** ground with a ***** view.

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 03:36 PM

Plenty space and comfort in the home ends, it's brah

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Hampden also hosted a European final, it is also a ***** ground with a ***** view.

I love Hampden, apart from the big south stand

andrew70
01-12-2016, 03:52 PM

Now you're definitely just on the wind up.

You can barely see anything from behind the goal at Hampden. The South is at least "pitchside"

Hampden is a dive, in relation Tynecastle has a decent atmosphere when we are visiting but still a dive, Tannadice is a hovel with zero atmosphere and as mentioned before the supporters are a fifth thought on match day.

Smartie
01-12-2016, 03:57 PM
We get to Hampden at least once a season.

You could forgive these guys for still getting a bit romantic about it.

Most of our experiences there have been traumatic, thus tainting our opinions of it although that last one wasn't too bad.

givescotlandfreedom
01-12-2016, 04:37 PM
You know him too? Absolute clown of a man and takes stewarding to the extreme. Causes his own problems.

Aye he's usually down the front.

Albanian Hibs
01-12-2016, 04:52 PM

Seriously, stop it now 😂

Hampden is a dump and a joke of a national stadium.

.Sean.
01-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Hampden's only ***** if you're cheap and too much of a peasant to pay an extra fiver whatever it is to sit in the North or south stands. Even at that behind the goals is more than adequate to stand in. You're there for 90 minutes, no a week.

As for Tannadice, it's a *****hole but give me a ground like that or Pittodrie or Fir Park over Lego-Eddie and soulless hovels like St Mirren Park/ McDiarmid/ Hamilton etc.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-12-2016, 04:59 PM

The old hampden with 100,000 crowds at Scotland games, swaying on the terraces at goals, that was magic.

New Hampden is pesh.

Carheenlea
01-12-2016, 05:02 PM
I must admit, I do enjoy trips to Tannadice. Can understand people larger/taller than me having a lot less leg room than we enjoy in Easter Road, but always one I look forward to. The stewards are a pain in backside though, but best ignored rather than giving them the satisfaction of making you angry by engaging with them when they start their nonsense.

jgl07
01-12-2016, 05:02 PM
Would disagree.
I am not sure that this is anything down to the Stewards.

The same company also Steward for Falkirk, Inverness, Ross County, Celtic and I think, Motherwell.

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Seriously, stop it now 😂

Hampden is a dump and a joke of a national stadium.

Hampden is a good ground and can have an excellent atmosphere, Scotland v France and Italy during euro 2008 were the best one experienced at any game, loud doesn't cover it

Cup finals at Hampden are far better and more of a spectacle than when they are at Celtic Park or Ibrox aswell

monktonharp
01-12-2016, 05:12 PM
I am not sure that this is anything down to the Stewards.

The same company also Steward for Falkirk, Inverness, Ross County, Celtic and I think, Motherwell. sorry, but I can concur. ALL the stewards at Tannadice, are absolute welts. they also hide in toilet cubicles, just before half-time. their main reason being to catch young laddies smoking. they may also have other reasons.

beensaidbefore
01-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Hampden's only ***** if you're cheap and too much of a peasant to pay an extra fiver whatever it is to sit in the North or south stands. Even at that behind the goals is more than adequate to stand in. You're there for 90 minutes, no a week.

As for Tannadice, it's a *****hole but give me a ground like that or Pittodrie or Fir Park over Lego-Eddie and soulless hovels like St Mirren Park/ McDiarmid/ Hamilton etc.

I actually think since the old east went er has lost a lot of its edge. The low roof helped project the sound which i think is kinda lost now with such high roofs on the stands.

Controversial, I know!!😀

Pete
01-12-2016, 05:24 PM
I actually think since the old east went er has lost a lot of its edge. The low roof helped project the sound which i think is kinda lost now with such high roofs on the stands.

Controversial, I know!!😀

There was nothing wrong with our "edge" when there was a group right up the back of our new East. It sounded louder and looked better with all the displays.

.Sean.
01-12-2016, 05:27 PM

Controversial, I know!!😀
Not controversial in the slightest, as much as I like the new East id have the previous incarnation in a heartbeat. We should've just tarted it up.

monktonharp
01-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Plenty space and comfort in the home ends, it's brahI have mentioned this, on another Post, and cant find it. I searched your club's main site and eventually had to phone your club for some info for travelling fans. I spoke to 3 different folk, while searching on info about where our buses will be after the game.The first girl said to me "on street parking":rolleyes: Most older fans know roughly where to go, but youngsters or less travelled fans might struggle to find the bus in the dark after the game. we will be dropping folk off before the ground in the hope of catching a pint,or shops or even a chippy as most will leave hame quite early. not very hard to just give out some information is it? I don't want ANY of our travellers taking the wrong turn, for our bus.

Keith_M
01-12-2016, 05:48 PM

Controversial, I know!!��

When the new East was first built, and for quite a while after, the atmosphere in there was fantastic. I'd go so far as to say the noise from that side was louder than the previous incarnation.

As has been stated lots of times already, the atmosphere drained away after a few years of painfully bad, uninspiring football. The Fans were simply worn down by boredom. It got even worse when 'Section 43' moved out of the back of the stand.

Nameless
01-12-2016, 06:52 PM

100% spot on. I've been to Tannadice 3 times as an away fan, twice with hibs and once with Raith. Every time the atmosphere was superb. Who cares if it's uncomfortable, at least it will keep you awake during the game.

As for people telling the Arab to bolt because he has the temerity to hold an opinion contrary to your own - grow up. Are we so insular that we can't cope with other fans chipping in now and then?

BullsCloseHibs
01-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Hibs have advised:

No drum
No standing
No flags

Like Celtic, DUFC should be grateful to Hibernian or they would not have been.

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 07:44 PM
I have mentioned this, on another Post, and cant find it. I searched your club's main site and eventually had to phone your club for some info for travelling fans. I spoke to 3 different folk, while searching on info about where our buses will be after the game.The first girl said to me "on street parking":rolleyes: Most older fans know roughly where to go, but youngsters or less travelled fans might struggle to find the bus in the dark after the game. we will be dropping folk off before the ground in the hope of catching a pint,or shops or even a chippy as most will leave hame quite early. not very hard to just give out some information is it? I don't want ANY of our travellers taking the wrong turn, for our bus.

I think the away buses might park on N Isla St and Fairbairn St, the former is the street across from the fairplay/jerry kerr, and the latter is off that street at the back of the GA Arena (the training pitch behind the United shop)

The police outside should know and Utd fans walking by would help if asked

w pilton hibby
01-12-2016, 07:48 PM
I have mentioned this, on another Post, and cant find it. I searched your club's main site and eventually had to phone your club for some info for travelling fans. I spoke to 3 different folk, while searching on info about where our buses will be after the game.The first girl said to me "on street parking":rolleyes: Most older fans know roughly where to go, but youngsters or less travelled fans might struggle to find the bus in the dark after the game. we will be dropping folk off before the ground in the hope of catching a pint,or shops or even a chippy as most will leave hame quite early. not very hard to just give out some information is it? I don't want ANY of our travellers taking the wrong turn, for our bus.

See here:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7033

monktonharp
01-12-2016, 08:14 PM
I think the away buses might park on N Isla St and Fairbairn St, the former is the street across from the fairplay/jerry kerr, and the latter is off that street at the back of the GA Arena (the training pitch behind the United shop)

The police outside should know and Utd fans walking by would help if askedaye, I'm sure the Utd. fans would help:rolleyes: a suad of 15yr olds tried to threaten us last time. little did they know, we were maistly Niddrie boys:wink: as for the wee lassie, she eventually told me sfter enquiries, that we will get on at Neish Street, and as for the Dundee polis helping, forget that as we wont bother asking :aok:

monktonharp
01-12-2016, 08:15 PM
See here:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7033 cant open the link. Also looked at the fixtures info from Hibernian but also found nowt

Kojock
01-12-2016, 08:19 PM
/Tickets

Hibernian FC supporters will be accommodated in the Fair Play and West Stands tomorrow night at Tannadice, with turnstiles 12 to 16 for the Fair Play and 17 to 20 for the West Stand, all turnstiles will open at 6:45pm and given the large travelling support you are advised to attend early to ease your access to the stadium.

Entry to the Stadium

Supporters will be searched upon entry to the stadium and are thanked for their cooperation with the stewards and police in advance. Flags are permitted inside the stadium, with the exception of large surfing flags, and will be inspected at the turnstiles. Please abide by the instructions of Stewards and do not place flags over any advertising.

Please do not engage in any unacceptable behaviour before, during or after the match. The Club’s policy on unacceptable behaviour can be found here.

Minute’s Silence

Before kick-off, there will be a minutes silence and players from both teams will wear black arm bands as a mark of respect for those who lost their lives in the Chapecoense air crash in South America earlier this week.

Supporters’ Coaches

Supporters coaches will be parked in Neish Street/Fairbairn Street under the direction of Stewards and Police, there is considerable on street parking for cars in the local area but drivers should observe any parking restrictions in place.

Brooster
cant open the link. Also looked at the fixtures info from Hibernian but also found nowt

Supporters coaches will be parked in Neish Street/Fairbairn Street under the direction of Stewards and Police, there is considerable on street parking for cars in the local area but drivers should observe any parking restrictions in place.

monktonharp
cant open the link. Also looked at the fixtures info from Hibernian but also found nowtapologies, it opens after I put my post in, and now see the information.. still don't understand why it took so long to put it out to our fans though (1/12/16}

monktonharp
01-12-2016, 08:23 PM
Again, MrArab, your club office says buses in Neish, and yet Hibernian say Neish and Fairbairn.. you say Isla st . cheers. confusion reigns.

Cabbage East
01-12-2016, 08:24 PM
I don't mind tannadice. Its just an old fashioned underdeveloped Scottish football stadium. The stewards are absolute ****s for some reason though. Good luck trying to sit us down tomorrow.

Cabbage East
01-12-2016, 08:26 PM
aye, I'm sure the Utd. fans would help:rolleyes: a suad of 15yr olds tried to threaten us last time. little did they know, we were maistly Niddrie boys:wink: as for the wee lassie, she eventually told me sfter enquiries, that we will get on at Neish Street, and as for the Dundee polis helping, forget that as we wont bother asking :aok:

Bevvying on a Thursday? :greengrin

monktonharp
01-12-2016, 08:35 PM
/Tickets

Hibernian FC supporters will be accommodated in the Fair Play and West Stands tomorrow night at Tannadice, with turnstiles 12 to 16 for the Fair Play and 17 to 20 for the West Stand, all turnstiles will open at 6:45pm and given the large travelling support you are advised to attend early to ease your access to the stadium.

Entry to the Stadium

Supporters will be searched upon entry to the stadium and are thanked for their cooperation with the stewards and police in advance. Flags are permitted inside the stadium, with the exception of large surfing flags, and will be inspected at the turnstiles. Please abide by the instructions of Stewards and do not place flags over any advertising.

Please do not engage in any unacceptable behaviour before, during or after the match. The Club’s policy on unacceptable behaviour can be found here.

Minute’s Silence

Before kick-off, there will be a minutes silence and players from both teams will wear black arm bands as a mark of respect for those who lost their lives in the Chapecoense air crash in South America earlier this week.

Supporters’ Coaches

Supporters coaches will be parked in Neish Street/Fairbairn Street under the direction of Stewards and Police, there is considerable on street parking for cars in the local area but drivers should observe any parking restrictions in place.thanks for that Kojak, to me and to lots who are going. nice of the stewards to thank us in advance for our co-operation. wouldn't it be nice of us , to thank them on here after the match if they co-operate with fans to a certain degree for a bloody change. also, re-flags, I can understand DUFC saying nae flags over advertising boards. would be great if any of our guys can take Brazilian flags in memory of CHAPECOENSE boys that died. we will be searched/ awrite, is this a random or full search? whit fur? we know the rules when attending matches

monktonharp
01-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Bevvying on a Thursday? :greengrinslightly early yet:wink: have had issues with DUFC before though, and that's my defence. will probably say that to the allocated court lawyer on Monday too:greengrin

Since1875Hibs
01-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Hopefully this thread has everyone well up for tomorrow.

tamig
01-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Again, MrArab, your club office says buses in Neish, and yet Hibernian say Neish and Fairbairn.. you say Isla st . cheers. confusion reigns.

The arab boy also said fairbairn - before the link from Hibs appeared. Credit where it's due. The buses will all be together and will be easy to find - unless you have a load of unaccompanied toddlers or something

monktonharp
01-12-2016, 08:55 PM
The arab boy also said fairbairn - before the link from Hibs appeared. Credit where it's due. The buses will all be together and will be easy to find - unless you have a load of unaccompanied toddlers or somethingawlright Tamig, hope you are correct. sometimes the aulder ones are harder to look after though:wink: he did indeed say that, along with possible other streets. my main point(s) are self evident though.

tamig
01-12-2016, 09:01 PM
awlright Tamig, hope you are correct. sometimes the aulder ones are harder to look after though:wink: he did indeed say that, along with possible other streets. my main point(s) are self evident though.
I do think Hibs should have had something up earlier to try and avoid the confusion. A good night ahead though 😀

monktonharp
01-12-2016, 09:10 PM
I do think Hibs should have had something up earlier to try and avoid the confusion. A good night ahead though 😀:agree:that was my main point :aok: looking forward very much to it though. close to 3k Hibernian fans, and 7k + at the home ends, should make for a good noisy occasion.

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 09:24 PM
aye, I'm sure the Utd. fans would help:rolleyes: a suad of 15yr olds tried to threaten us last time. little did they know, we were maistly Niddrie boys:wink: as for the wee lassie, she eventually told me sfter enquiries, that we will get on at Neish Street, and as for the Dundee polis helping, forget that as we wont bother asking :aok:

That's out of order, sounds like young dafties

After the 3-3 cup game we won on pens, a group of Hibs (grown men) were waiting on easter rd at the end of bothwell and started attacking random United fans "come on then you dundee *******s" was the shout, plenty fans turned and ran back along bothwell scared including youngsters and women, I had my young nephew at his first away game and walked up the side beside a few more normal Hibs fans and crossed the easter road and managed to avoid the thugs, there wasn't a police presence to be seen either

Have never seen United fans do that with opposition fans

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 09:29 PM
awlright Tamig, hope you are correct. sometimes the aulder ones are harder to look after though:wink: he did indeed say that, along with possible other streets. my main point(s) are self evident though.

The other Street I said is across from the away end (fair play) and leads to Fairbairn St (it also links Dens rd with Tannadice St), at least you know now

monktonharp
01-12-2016, 11:14 PM
The other Street I said is across from the away end (fair play) and leads to Fairbairn St (it also links Dens rd with Tannadice St), at least you know nowI do know that, and I do know the street we parked in a few years back. I certainly do know what happened to our bus, if we'd let them that is, on that occasion. you have never seen bad lads from Dundee? behave. as for your Bothwell incedent, I find that disgusting, to "corner" groups of opposing fans and challenge them. It is typical of the modern day police to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

IWasThere2016
01-12-2016, 11:23 PM
Tannadice is second only to East End Park for a shambles of a visit. Ticketing, stewarding etc..

Pete
02-12-2016, 04:47 AM
Tannadice is second only to East End Park for a shambles of a visit. Ticketing, stewarding etc..

East End park has been fine whenever I've visited and is a fantastic ground. The atmosphere there, especially in that shed, has been great. The only problems have been when they've underestimated the number of hibs fans but that's happened at places like Livi and Perth too.

BullsCloseHibs
02-12-2016, 10:07 AM
So....

Bring the drum.
All stand.
Bring a few flags.

I think this will go without saying 😉

Keith_M
02-12-2016, 11:02 AM
The Shed End at Tannadice would be the perfect candidate for re-introducing terracing.

I'm sure they could safely fit 3,000 in that end if it was a standing area.

When I win the Euro Millions and buy Hibs from Farmer and Petrie, the first thing I'm going to change at ER is to convert the FF Lower to a proper terrace area... and not that rail-seat cr@p either, I mean proper terracing ;-)

WeeRussell
02-12-2016, 11:14 AM
Is the legroom really that bad compared to what we get at Easter Road? I can't really recall having any more of an issue than usual (I find myself turning the legs to the side at home games if the seat next to me is empty)

Oscar T Grouch
02-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Is the legroom really that bad compared to what we get at Easter Road? I can't really recall having any more of an issue than usual (I find myself turning the legs to the side at home games if the seat next to me is empty)

I literally cannot sit down on the seats unless my legs are spread wide and into other people's leg space. I have way more room at ER. I'm not huge I'm only 6'3" or 191cm,

WeeRussell
02-12-2016, 11:30 AM
I literally cannot sit down on the seats unless my legs are spread wide and into other people's leg space. I have way more room at ER. I'm not huge I'm only 6'3" or 191cm,

:aok: I'll take your word for it - it has been a number of months since I was at Tannadice.

Billychaotic182
03-12-2016, 12:50 AM
Yes they asked us to miss out on the drum but the hats weee a lovely touch. Thing this thread is OTT!!!

Sir David Gray
03-12-2016, 09:46 PM
I don't know about them being a shambles of a club but Tannadice is certainly a shambles of a stadium.

Thanks very much to the fan who helped my mum to safely negotiate my chair down the ridiculously steep hill from the back of the West stand at the end of the game last night but when it gets to that stage it really is unacceptable.

As a wheelchair user Tannadice has the dubious "honour" of being the only stadium that I have ever visited where I could not go to the game myself (and I've been to the home grounds of Cowdenbeath and Turriff United!).

In today's climate where people like myself are encouraged to live an independent life, I find that situation disgraceful, particularly given the fact that we are talking about the home stadium of one of Scotland's bigger clubs.

My mum is nearly 60 years of age and really struggled to push me up the hill before the match last night. If I had been there on my own, I would have been relying on the good nature of a fan to help me last night or else I would have needed to go home.

The fact that I was also charged for the pleasure of this experience simply rubs salt into the wounds.

I wrote to Stephen Thompson a number of years ago about exactly the same issue and received a less than satisfactory response. I believe his exact quote was that the disabled access into Tannadice had been passed as "more than adequate". I would like to give him a loan of my chair and see how he manages to get into the disabled section at the back of the West stand without any assistance.

I really don't know what the answer is because it needs to be changed and they must be very close to breaking the law (if they aren't already doing so).