PDA

View Full Version : Punishment

et vireta
30-11-2016, 10:09 AM
After the cup final, was it Rangers or others who called for Hibs to be banned from Europe and this years Scottish Cup ?

I can't remember who it was:flag:

fat freddy
30-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Jim Traynor and Keith Jackson

et vireta
30-11-2016, 10:33 AM
Jim Traynor and Keith Jackson

Would love to ram this to them

1968/69 Scottish cup final ..Celtic whipping them 4-0, Rangers fans start fighting amongst themselves (some described it as a riot.) This was during the game remember and not afterwards. The game was held up for over 5 minutes. This during Scottish football's showcase game of the season. A famous football man and ex Ranger in his book even used the word shame Over 200 arrests.

What happened next ?

1969/70 Rangers got drawn against Hibernian in first round of Scottish cup
Rangers got drawn against Steaua Bucharest in European Cup winners cup

Short memories eh ?

:confused:

JDHibs
30-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Ironically its being reported today that due to their losses in 2014 (£18m) that they might beable to play in Europe if they qualify this season due to the financial fair play rules that state losses must not exceed £4m ish...

They will have to seek special dispensation from Uefa to be able to play and prove that they wont let it happen again...

stantonhibby
30-11-2016, 12:06 PM
After the cup final, was it Rangers or others who called for Hibs to be banned from Europe and this years Scottish Cup ?

I can't remember who it was:flag:

Alex MacDonald I think

scoopyboy
30-11-2016, 12:12 PM
Alex MacDonald I think

Yep, it was that little rat.

Glad Hibs captured it on the DVD when he got Tony Higgins to let go of the cup so he could show it to the Rangers fans and point to say this is coming your way. Hun / **** tosspot.