PDA

View Full Version : Fausto Rossi (Greggs)

Heisenberg
30-11-2016, 07:50 AM
Juventus midfielder. Hibs interested according to this Italian article.

http://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/esclusiva-tmw-sirene-scozzesi-per-fausto-rossi-c-e-l-hibernian-907697

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fausto_Rossi_(footballer)

RoxburghHibs
30-11-2016, 07:53 AM
He looks a very good standard but Wiki says that he's a central midfield player. Do we really need another player in this position?

Heisenberg
30-11-2016, 07:55 AM
I can't get the links copied properly on my phone for some reason.

He seems a good standard. Would be a good addition even if just to cover for Fyvie/McGinn injuries.

Ozyhibby
30-11-2016, 07:56 AM
Scored the winner against Barca. Hope he's not as bad as Tony Watt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
30-11-2016, 07:59 AM
Even forgetting the Juve link he's made a good few appearances at some decent clubs. Was on loan at King Doms team last season.

Hermit Crab
30-11-2016, 08:03 AM
Even forgetting the Juve link he's made a good few appearances at some decent clubs. Was on loan at King Doms team last season.

There's your link right there. Dom will have told him to come to Hibs :greengrin

hibbysam
30-11-2016, 08:18 AM
He looks a very good standard but Wiki says that he's a central midfield player. Do we really need another player in this position?

Again, we barely have any central midfielders. Not read it but guessing it may be for January, in which case we have McGinn and Fyvie out, Dylan injury prone, which leaves us with Shinnie, Bartley and Martin... it's one position where we are extremely light and frankly, you can never have enough quality players.

Diclonius
30-11-2016, 08:25 AM
Depends how much he'll cost/want in wages. I'd rather we prioritised wide players over another centre mid.

Paloschi
30-11-2016, 09:05 AM
Depends how much he'll cost/want in wages. I'd rather we prioritised wide players over another centre mid.

He can play on the left and through the middle. We need central midfield players as McGinn is injured and McGeouch cannot be relied upon to stay fit. imo wide players is the last thing we need as we play 3-5-2. Boyle, Shinnie and Harris can all play wide.

worcesterhibby
30-11-2016, 09:34 AM
https://youtu.be/uivM6Rh6pSk

supermcginn
30-11-2016, 09:59 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2016214-scouting-report-is-juventus-valladolid-loanee-fausto-rossi-a-future-star

Basildon Hibs
30-11-2016, 10:12 AM
We need someone who can stick the ball in the net on a regular basis.

scoopyboy
30-11-2016, 10:20 AM
He can play on the left and through the middle. We need central midfield players as McGinn is injured and McGeouch cannot be relied upon to stay fit. imo wide players is the last thing we need as we play 3-5-2. Boyle, Shinnie and Harris can all play wide.

Harris injured now :boo hoo:

Big_Franck
30-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Never heard of him before but he seems to have a good pedigree. Played regularly for clubs a couple levels above Hibs and is still a good age at 25. Be interesting to see if there's any truth in this.

Hermit Crab
30-11-2016, 10:25 AM

Disaster but if we can continue to win our games without FF, SJM and Harris then surely the league is ours. I think MB, DM and SM will do alright in there providing they keep fit.

J-C
30-11-2016, 11:44 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-keep-tabs-on-former-juventus-midfielder-reports-1-4304914

Says McGinn, Fyvie and Bartley all injured, so RoxburghHibs, yes we do need another central midfielder, plus this lad has some decent credentials behind him.

J-C
30-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Again, we barely have any central midfielders. Not read it but guessing it may be for January, in which case we have McGinn and Fyvie out, Dylan injury prone, which leaves us with Shinnie, Bartley and Martin... it's one position where we are extremely light and frankly, you can never have enough quality players.

Says he's a free agent, so we can sign him anytime.

hibbysam
30-11-2016, 11:57 AM

Even better. Central midfield is our biggest need right now!

Lago
30-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Juventus midfielder. Hibs interested according to this Italian article.

http://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/esclusiva-tmw-sirene-scozzesi-per-fausto-rossi-c-e-l-hibernian-907697

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fausto_Rossi_(footballer)
Dream on

Big_Franck
30-11-2016, 12:06 PM

Does it not depend when he became a free agent? I think if he was still contracted to a club at the end of the summer transfer window (and released shortly after) we'd need to wait until January to sign him.

calumhibee1
30-11-2016, 12:12 PM
Does it not depend when he became a free agent? I think if he was still contracted to a club at the end of the summer transfer window (and released shortly after) we'd need to wait until January to sign him.

That's correct. Unless it's different if they're coming from abroad but it's definitely the case here.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2016, 12:20 PM
I love these type of rumours because they usually turn out to be true.

R'Albin
30-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Very cool name. Get him signed.

RoxburghHibs
30-11-2016, 12:42 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-keep-tabs-on-former-juventus-midfielder-reports-1-4304914

Says McGinn, Fyvie and Bartley all injured, so RoxburghHibs, yes we do need another central midfielder, plus this lad has some decent credentials behind him.

But these injuries will be cleared up come January?But that said he does look a cracking standard!

RoxburghHibs
30-11-2016, 12:44 PM

Ah so that does make more sense! Get him in for Friday :greengrin

hibs0666
30-11-2016, 12:53 PM
Dream on

We've won the cup. We no longer dream, we deliver.

Marco G
30-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Dream on
Dont underestimate the draw of an Italian playing for Hibs! Big Italian community in Edinburgh and King Dom will have told him all about the Hibs family!

CapitalGreen
30-11-2016, 01:40 PM
But these injuries will be cleared up come January?But that said he does look a cracking standard!

...and then we will stay injury free until the end of the season?

TAHibby
30-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Must have got himself a decent contract back in 2012?? 25, still on the books at juve but been sent out on loan 4 times

Woops, a free agent now I see

SteveHFC
30-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Has great attributes on football manager.

Get him signed :hyper

1875STEVE
30-11-2016, 02:26 PM

Have to disagree.

Harris has had his chance, doesn't look like he can beat a player anymore. Boyle il give you, but he hasn't had a roper run. Shinnie on he wing???Not for me.

We are crying out for fast, tricky players, wether its a winger/mid or even another striker who can drop deep, who can open up these div 1 defences who shut up shop. And who can chip in with goals as well.

We have the forwards to put the ball in the net, supply, IMO is bit thin on the ground.

J-C
30-11-2016, 02:45 PM
Has great attributes on football manager.

Get him signed :hyper

First thing I did :greengrin

J-C
30-11-2016, 02:48 PM

That's correct. Unless it's different if they're coming from abroad but it's definitely the case here.

According to his Wiki it seems his contract was up at the end of the season, he was loaned to Pro Vercelli last season.

tartanhibee
30-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Who was the last Italian to play for us?

snooky
30-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Very cool name. Get him signed.

Like Jarkko Wiss? :wink:

southsider
30-11-2016, 02:57 PM

Barry Lavetti. Not Italian but loved pizza.

CallumLaidlaw
30-11-2016, 03:04 PM

None have. Although we could claim a few SOUND Italian. :greengrin

Antonio Murray
Joe Tortolano
Emilio botteligeri
Peter Marinello

WoreTheGreen
30-11-2016, 03:12 PM

Antonio Murray
Joe Tortolano
Emilio botteligeri
Peter Marinello
Rowan Vino

Paloschi
30-11-2016, 03:41 PM
Have to disagree.

Harris has had his chance, doesn't look like he can beat a player anymore. Boyle il give you, but he hasn't had a roper run. Shinnie on he wing???Not for me.

We are crying out for fast, tricky players, wether its a winger/mid or even another striker who can drop deep, who can open up these div 1 defences who shut up shop. And who can chip in with goals as well.

We have the forwards to put the ball in the net, supply, IMO is bit thin on the ground.

Who would you drop to accommodate these fast tricky wingers? Would you play one up front? Would you go 4-4-2 and drop a CB and Shinnie? We are playing our best football with 3-5-2 and whilst it is nice to be flexible it is also worth considering prioritising the players that best fit our system.

1875STEVE
30-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Who would you drop to accommodate these fast tricky wingers? Would you play one up front? Would you go 4-4-2 and drop a CB and Shinnie? We are playing our best football with 3-5-2 and whilst it is nice to be flexible it is also worth considering prioritising the players that best fit our system.

First of all, it's not about dropping players, it's about having players for most positions/formations.

As for 3-5-2, it's flexible, with full back's it changes to 5-3-2 when defending.

We DO play our best football with that formation, the only problem being, our full back's are not the best at beating players and getting crosses in, both are excellent defenders, who can get forward, but IMO their final ball, especially Stevenson is poor.

We could still play 3-5-2 with wingers instead of full backs in the wide positions, that's what the 3rd CH in the defensive 3 is for, to cover for the lack of full back's

Plus do we really need FIVE defensive players at home against the likes of Morton, Dumbarton & Ayr Utd?? IMO we should be going out and smashing these teams, and apart from a couple of games, we have struggled to break teams down.

Away from home to the likes of Falkirk, Dundee Utd and possibly Raith, then play the full backs.

Maybe I'm wrong and playing more attacking would leave us more open, but IMO the proof was in the pudding against Falkirk, 22 shots to 1 and the game ended 1-1.

I sometimes think Shinnie drifts out of games, if not wingers then a Zemmama type in the middle to give him competition.

Hibby70
30-11-2016, 04:15 PM

Russo Latappi

Jack Hackett
30-11-2016, 04:19 PM

The injured will be back in 2 weeks...and Rossi will score goals for fun in the Championship

FACT!

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
30-11-2016, 05:26 PM
The injured will be back in 2 weeks...and Rossi will score goals for fun in the Championship

FACT!

:greengrin

When did he last play a competitive game

.Sean.
30-11-2016, 05:35 PM

Disaster but if we can continue to win our games without FF, SJM and Harris then surely the league is ours. I think MB, DM and SM will do alright in there providing they keep fit.
I can only assume you pair are either at the ham or on about a different Harris

high bee
30-11-2016, 05:46 PM
A 26 year old who scored the winner against Barcelona 2 years ago and 3 years ago he was a starter alongside Marco Veratti for Italy at the U21 Euros, are we really questioning whether we should sign him?

J-C
01-12-2016, 09:59 AM
A 26 year old who scored the winner against Barcelona 2 years ago and 3 years ago he was a starter alongside Marco Veratti for Italy at the U21 Euros, are we really questioning whether we should sign him?

We should really be questioning if the story is true and why would he even choose to come to Hibs when he should be able to get a decent club abroad or even in England.

jacomo
01-12-2016, 10:10 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2016214-scouting-report-is-juventus-valladolid-loanee-fausto-rossi-a-future-star

You need a better source.

That site is pure click bait and recycled content nicked from elsewhere.

Diclonius
01-12-2016, 10:20 AM
I notice he can play as a left winger if needed. If we can get him and Swanson, I would feel a lot happier about our width.

scoopyboy
01-12-2016, 10:31 AM
We should really be questioning if the story is true and why would he even choose to come to Hibs when he should be able to get a decent club abroad or even in England.

Maybe he saw the cup final.:greengrin

hibbysam
01-12-2016, 01:26 PM
Maybe he saw the cup final.:greengrin

Watched it with Dom, and made up his mind as The King danced around the room when Gray scored.

Iggy Pope
01-12-2016, 03:33 PM

Antonio Murray
Joe Tortolano
Emilio botteligeri
Peter Marinello

Think there was also a young lad of Italian descent called Carlo Corolla around the fringes in the early 80s. Can't find a thing about him though.

Craig_HFC
01-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Think there was also a young lad of Italian descent called Carlo Corolla around the fringes in the early 80s. Can't find a thing about him though.

There was. He was at Hibs at the same time my Dad was.

He's a Hibby, he was at Lewy's testimonial dinner and seen him at one of the recent home games.

Jonnyboy
01-12-2016, 03:41 PM

Yep. We also had Joe Forte on our books. He now owns and runs a sports shop in Haddington.

Saturday Boy
01-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Did we have either of the Tomassi brothers on our books? Colin and Mark. I'm sure one of them was. Both had long careers in junior and east of Scotland football.

Jonnyboy
01-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Did we have either of the Tomassi brothers on our books? Colin and Mark. I'm sure one of them was. Both had long careers in junior and east of Scotland football.

Colin was 👍

BoomtownHibees
01-12-2016, 05:04 PM

Are these like the Showumni brothers that we had?

CropleyWasGod
01-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Are these like the Showumni brothers that we had?

No. They were from West Lothian.

WoreTheGreen
01-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Colin was 👍

Colin was his brother went to herts

BSEJVT
01-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Yep. We also had Joe Forte on our books. He now owns and runs a sports shop in Haddington.

Jonnyboy.

Did Joe used to run / work in a Café in Haddington too?

How old would he be now?

Early / Mid 60's

WoreTheGreen
01-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Colin& carllo both went to the same school but 2 years age difference

Jonnyboy
01-12-2016, 05:29 PM
Jonnyboy.

How old would he be now?

Early / Mid 60's

Age sounds about right but I'm not sure re the cafe

BH Hibs
01-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Is that the same Carlo Crolla that played for Whitburn Juniors for years? Never knew he was a hibby.

WoreTheGreen
01-12-2016, 06:11 PM
Correct

Bayern Bru
01-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Can play central midfield, defensive midfield, attacking midfield and scored his goal against Barcelona while playing on the left, apparently.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/six-things-hibs-fans-should-know-about-fausto-rossi-1-4306075

WoreTheGreen
01-12-2016, 06:21 PM
His family had a hotel in Winsor st . B . Auld had a trialist from the caribean in december/ january the guy wore two sheepskin coats and was still frezing .the crolla hotel put him up rhe player. Ricky Hill ?? Was never seen again

Big L
01-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Watched a bit on YouTube, reminded me of Zemmama. Not a bad thing!

Dashing Bob S
01-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Has a pedigree but it seemed to go spectacularly wrong for him. Maybe a spell in George Street will re-ignite his career.

Scouse Hibee
01-12-2016, 07:27 PM
At least Lennon has confirmed he's bringing him in to have look nothing else unless he impresses of course.

scoopyboy
01-12-2016, 07:47 PM
Jonnyboy.

How old would he be now?

Early / Mid 60's

Think Joe will be late fifties, it was his parents that had the café IIRC

bingo70
01-12-2016, 07:55 PM
At least Lennon has confirmed he's bringing him in to have look nothing else unless he impresses of course.

Where has he confirmed this about?

greenginger
01-12-2016, 07:55 PM
His family had a hotel in Winsor st . B . Auld had a trialist from the caribean in december/ january the guy wore two sheepskin coats and was still frezing .the crolla hotel put him up rhe player. Ricky Hill ?? Was never seen again

The lad was from Bermuda, turned out he was a better cricketer than a footballer.

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20140723/SPORT02/140729903

Billy Whizz
01-12-2016, 07:59 PM
The lad was from Bermuda, turned out he was a better cricketer than a footballer.

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20140723/SPORT02/140729903

Remwmber him and the game. We were all shouting to get him on

WoreTheGreen
01-12-2016, 08:09 PM
Not that guy?Auld said we will bring him back in summer. Aye right bertie!

Joe6-2
01-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Scored the winner against Barca. Hope he's not as bad as Tony Watt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha

BSEJVT
01-12-2016, 09:23 PM
Think Joe will be late fifties, it was his parents that had the café IIRC

Thanks Scoopyboy & Johnnyboy

Many many moons ago ( 40 years or thereabouts ) my uncle used to drive a van for Sunblest and I was his helper on Saturday's

He did East Lothian and I remember delivering to Forte's café in Haddington, predominantly because he told me that Joe had been on Hibs books, I would have put at around 20 then and he had been released by then I think, but Joe definitely used to be in the café on Saturday mornings to take the deliveries.

Scouse Hibee
02-12-2016, 08:00 AM
Where has he confirmed this about?

He was speaking on the Forth One sport report last night, heard it in the car on the way home from work.

PatHead
02-12-2016, 08:43 AM

Holy rood? If so, Would have been about john Hughes time.

WoreTheGreen
02-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Holy rood? If so, Would have been about john Hughes time.

Yes at holyrood and Kano to

SetonClapper
02-12-2016, 03:45 PM

They were both in my year at school.