PDA

View Full Version : The BBC - They just won't let it go.

snooky
29-11-2016, 01:16 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38137521

"Players were caught up in trouble at the end of May's Scottish Cup final as fans from both sides came on to the Hampden pitch after Hibernian beat Rangers."

...conveniently overlooking the weekly abuse from the masses of the usual suspects.

lyonhibs
29-11-2016, 07:27 AM
I wonder what counts as a "violent threat from the stands"??

If "Hartley, you're a ****ing ****er" does then I hold my hands up and say I have done my fair share of "terrorising" in the past....

PeeJay
29-11-2016, 07:58 AM

"Players were caught up in trouble at the end of May's Scottish Cup final as fans from both sides came on to the Hampden pitch after Hibernian beat Rangers."

...conveniently overlooking the weekly abuse from the masses of the usual suspects.

Report seems perfectly OK to me, if the "ususal suspects" you arre referring to are the OF fans, then the report clearly states that the OF were not part of the 9 randomly chosen clubs in Scotland - it is not a BBC survey and mentioning the recent, high-profile SF is fully in keeping with the issue being discussed. Some interesting points were raised regarding the game outwith the OF, but you choose to conventiently overlook it, it seems? :greengrin

Onion
29-11-2016, 09:41 AM

In fairness, it doesn't say Sevco players, states fans from both sides and that Hibernian beat Rangers. Not sure we could have hoped for much better than that ?

greenginger
29-11-2016, 09:50 AM
In fairness, it doesn't say Sevco players, states fans from both sides and that Hibernian beat Rangers. Not sure we could have hoped for much better than that ?

It could have said Hibernian beat The Rangers. :greengrin

northstandhibby
29-11-2016, 10:00 AM

Probably written by Hun Wilson at the Beeb. Just look at who they hunt down to make comment upon the subject - Hun mouthpiece Barry 'the crab' Ferguson.

Only one team matters to the smsm the huns with the smellick just their money making sidekick.

Only in Scotland can en masse 'fans' get away with belting out medieval barbarian sectarian hatred week after week after week without being punished or even just called out for it.

:flag:

Hibs Class
29-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Report seems perfectly OK to me, if the "ususal suspects" you arre referring to are the OF fans, then the report clearly states that the OF were not part of the 9 randomly chosen clubs in Scotland - it is not a BBC survey and mentioning the recent, high-profile SF is fully in keeping with the issue being discussed. Some interesting points were raised regarding the game outwith the OF, but you choose to conventiently overlook it, it seems? :greengrin

The OF players weren't included in the survey (although, as an aside, this is typical reporting to refer to the OF as not included without reporting who was included). But the survey did ask players from a random nine clubs, all of whom may well have found themselves playing in front of The Rangers supporters over the past few seasons. The report itself says "In Scotland, where we speculate that the issue of sectarianism may have played a major role, nearly a quarter of players reported experiencing discrimination by fans on a matchday". So the report certainly doesn't exonerate the OF in the way that the BBC report maybe infers.

snooky
29-11-2016, 04:08 PM

Okay, the report is fair - up to a point, PJ.
My gripe is the fact that they purposely highlight the cup final, yet week after week they choose to say SFA about the bile that is spouted out by the 'usual suspects' en masse.
'Selective criticism' is about the nearest I can come up with. That's nothing new in the meja world, I suppose.

Deansy
29-11-2016, 04:49 PM

Fxxk the BBC - these days it's in the same category as the 'tard' for credibility, honesty and impartiality.

PeeJay
29-11-2016, 05:01 PM
Okay, the report is fair - up to a point, PJ.
My gripe is the fact that they purposely highlight the cup final, yet week after week they choose to say SFA about the bile that is spouted out by the 'usual suspects' en masse.
'Selective criticism' is about the nearest I can come up with. That's nothing new in the meja world, I suppose.

You probably have a point in general regarding the OF and how it is frequently reported, I personally think HIbs fans shouldn't be so hyper sensitive with regard to the scenes at the end of the cup final: it happened, it will be brought up now and then. I don't think - from my vantage point - that the media is overdoing its reporting on the cup final, it's a showcase moment in Scottish football and a recent event. Anyway, if our fans (or any fans) do something wrong it should be reported.

Seems to me - from the report - that certain issues in Scottish football are not confined to the OF though ...

Rugy07
29-11-2016, 05:10 PM
You probably have a point in general regarding the OF and how it is frequently reported, I personally think HIbs fans shouldn't be so hyper sensitive with regard to the scenes at the end of the cup final: it happened, it will be brought up now and then. I don't think - from my vantage point - that the media is overdoing its reporting on the cup final, it's a showcase moment in Scottish football and a recent event. Anyway, if our fans (or any fans) do something wrong it should be reported.

Seems to me - from the report - that certain issues in Scottish football are not confined to the OF though ...

I read that this report was compiled before the cup final, so I'm not sure why it has to be brought up at all. And how many Rangers players were actually threatened that day anyway? Nowehere near 36% of them, if any at all. Also, there's no way of telling how many of these players have been abused/threatened by fans of the OF just because they didn't survey OF players.

ancient hibee
29-11-2016, 06:07 PM
You mean you don't think players were caught up in trouble at the end?The BBC are just accurately reporting.They don't say 36percent of them were involved.

snooky
29-11-2016, 06:58 PM

Did you watch the BBC Scottish news tonight? They had a feature on abuse in Scottish football. They reported AGAIN that all the Rangers players were alleged attacked at the final - no rider to say that this had been proven to be a lot of bollox. They insulated the OF by finishing the feature with a photo of Hearts fans (I think) appearing to abuse a Celtc goalie.
If my previous post said I acknowledged that their website article was fair (up to a point), then this TV version blew that assessment out the water.
Anybody who still believes the BBC is unbiased in its reporting of ANY news, well, good luck to them.

Kojock
29-11-2016, 07:00 PM
Did you watch the BBC Scottish news tonight? They had a feature on abuse in Scottish football. They reported AGAIN that all the Rangers players were alleged attacked at the final - no rider to say that this had been proven to be a lot of bollox. They finalised insulating the OF by finishing the feature with a photo of Hearts fans (I think) appearing to abuse a Celtc goalie.
If my previous post said I acknowledged that their website article was fair (up to a point), the TV version blew my assessment out the water.
Anybody who still believes the BBC is unbiased in its reporting of ANY news, well, good luck to them.

It was the Hertz support abusing Neil Lennon when he played for Smeltic

Tom Hart RIP
29-11-2016, 07:01 PM
It was Hearts fans abusing Neil Lennon when he was at Celtic.
To be fair to BBC they did say that Rangers claimed all their players were assaulted after cup final

Kojock
29-11-2016, 07:04 PM
To be fair to BBC they did say that Rangers claimed all their players were assaulted after cup final

They didn't follow it up by saying that there was no evidence to substantiate Sevcos claim.

snooky
29-11-2016, 07:12 PM

I don't think they were being fair in the slightest.
This was just another bitter dig from a establishment riddled with disappointed W of S FC fans

Golden Bear
29-11-2016, 07:14 PM
They didn't follow it up by saying that there was no evidence to substantiate Sevcos claim.

Correct.

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-11-2016, 07:20 PM
Read the report earlier and what stood out for me was from Barry Ferguson saying:

"Certainly, when you play up here with the big two, Rangers and Celtic, it is more religion-based, which is disappointing, but you learn to grow up with that being from the west of Scotland"

So what you're saying Barry is, yes we all know sectarianism is rife in Glasgow.... but you just learn to accept it!!?

So it's not only his passing that's backwards it's the whole Old Firm mentality and culture as well?

Onion
29-11-2016, 07:36 PM

A claim which was proven to be lies and deflection, by the very players involved, within minutes of it being made... yet the BBC perpetuate those lies without question as it serves their purpose.

Billy Whizz
29-11-2016, 07:38 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38131778

Wonder why they lead with Rangers? Hibs as the holders, should have been the headline

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-11-2016, 07:46 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38131778

Wonder why they lead with Rangers? Hibs as the holders, should have been the headline

I noticed that as well and just laughed. Cringey as ****! Are the BBC still banned from Ibrox? 2 horrible institutions though so the BBC can crawl up their ***** all they like

WhileTheChief..
29-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Think the OP is being a tad sensitive here!

I can't see anything wrong with that report at all. They are simply saying that fans clashed in the cup final. Seems reasonable to mention it in the context of what the report is about.

They also reminded everyone that we won!! Maybe Rangers fans feel upset cause they mentioned that?!

I can imagine a thread with the same title as this one on Follow Follow with everyone bemoaning the fact the BBC stated we beat Rangers. How dare they!

PeeJay
30-11-2016, 06:01 AM
Did you watch the BBC Scottish news tonight? They had a feature on abuse in Scottish football. They reported AGAIN that all the Rangers players were alleged attacked at the final - no rider to say that this had been proven to be a lot of bollox. They insulated the OF by finishing the feature with a photo of Hearts fans (I think) appearing to abuse a Celtc goalie.
If my previous post said I acknowledged that their website article was fair (up to a point), then this TV version blew that assessment out the water.

Not available here in Berlin, however can't help wondering if your own prejudice towards the BBC is perhaps preventing you from seeing things as they really are? :confused:

An opinion expressed on the BBC that does not meet with your opnion or your approval does not mean that the BBC is biased ...

hibsbollah
30-11-2016, 06:16 AM
Not available here in Berlin, however can't help wondering if your own prejudice towards the BBC is perhaps preventing you from seeing things as they really are? :confused:

An opinion expressed on the BBC that does not meet with your opnion or your approval does not mean that the BBC is biased ...

If the BBC did say what was reported above, that's nothing to do with anyone's 'prejudice' of the BBC, it's just them reporting something that's self evidently lies. I'm sick of it and Leeanne would be well within her rights to ram Chick Young square in the lord haw haws as recompense.

Ray_
30-11-2016, 06:24 AM

Very true, in relation to the article, I can't see where they have done much wrong. :confused:

Thecat23
30-11-2016, 06:44 AM

BBC is full of corrupt peadophiles, that's enough for me not to like anything related to them.

Hiber-nation
30-11-2016, 07:40 AM
BBC is full of corrupt peadophiles, that's enough for me not to like anything related to them.

Some statement that. As daft as anything I've seen on here actually.

PeeJay
30-11-2016, 08:51 AM
If the BBC did say what was reported above, that's nothing to do with anyone's 'prejudice' of the BBC, it's just them reporting something that's self evidently lies. I'm sick of it and Leeanne would be well within her rights to ram Chick Young square in the lord haw haws as recompense.

"If"? A poster later on (#15) said this was not what was said - so it then comes down to "prejudice" if someone choses to ignore what was actually said and simply believes what they chose to regardless of facts ... as is the case with the original report on the website, which suggested something was reported which - again - wasn't!

Your suggestion regarding LD and you being "sick of "it" may well mean something to you, but I don't even know who "Chick Young is, so I'm lost on that one ...sorry :greengrin

Bostonhibby
30-11-2016, 09:42 AM
BBC is part of the "establishment" and is well versed in showing the establishment in the best light and attempting a good cover up for as long as possible as well.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

snooky
30-11-2016, 10:43 AM

'Prejudice' is probably a bit OTT, PJ, however, 'sceptical' and 'fed up with it all' might be more appropriate re. my views on the weighted BBC reports.

Onion
30-11-2016, 10:48 AM
All need to remember it wasn't just The Rangers we beat 21 May, the mainstream media including the BBC was stripped of their perenial opportunity to poke fun at Hibernian and Hibs fans. To add salt, the pitch invasion denied them the chance to broadcast a fantastic celebration.IMO that made 21 May all the more special - a moment in history for Hibs and Hibs fans only with no mock media celebration or hijacking our party.

Thecat23
30-11-2016, 11:19 AM
Some statement that. As daft as anything I've seen on here actually.

Why? So there wasn't a cover up at the BBC?

CropleyWasGod
30-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Why? So there wasn't a cover up at the BBC?

It's a bit of a jump from "a cover up" to "the BBC is full of corrupt peadophiles".

:greengrin

Thecat23
30-11-2016, 11:44 AM
It's a bit of a jump from "a cover up" to "the BBC is full of corrupt peadophiles".

Just a small one. 😁

happiehibbie
30-11-2016, 12:05 PM
I still think the minority spoiled the day WE Hibs fans seem to think going on the pitch is great. I personally do not . I wanted to see the team bring the cup round the pitch but hey it did not happen! the only blob on my day in may GGTTH

Hiber-nation
30-11-2016, 02:03 PM

Exactly!