PDA

View Full Version : Insall

beensaidbefore
28-11-2016, 03:40 PM
Any word how he is getting on. Seemed to be bagging a few goals earlier this season but not heard anything in a while. Anyone been following his progress?

StevieCowan
28-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Any word how he is getting on. Seemed to be bagging a few goals earlier this season but not heard anything in a while. Anyone been following his progress?

He'll be released at the end of his contract IMO

Ringothedog
28-11-2016, 05:31 PM

I believe he has scored 6 goals

beensaidbefore
28-11-2016, 06:02 PM
I believe he has scored 6 goals

Thanks

beensaidbefore
28-11-2016, 06:03 PM
He'll be released at the end of his contract IMO

Is your opinion based on having seen him? Not having a go,just interested.

Enough said
28-11-2016, 08:16 PM
Management team are keen to give him a first team chance before the end of the season from what I have heard.

northstandhibby
28-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Management team are keen to give him a first team chance before the end of the season from what I have heard.

I would like to think they would give the lad Insall a chance when he has been banging in the goals albeit at a lower level. I also think some of the development lads could be up for a shot in the next couple of seasons.

:aok:

Thecat23
28-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Is your opinion based on having seen him? Not having a go,just interested.

Defo getting let go end of the season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-11-2016, 09:32 PM
Would bring him back and give him a chance to see what he can do. When we go up this year and if he stays he will almost need to be loaned back to a championship side to prove that he can score at this level.

28-11-2016, 10:09 PM
I think he's got potential but maybe not quite ready for us yet. As the poster above said, if we are in the premier league next year he should be loaned out to someone like QoS to see how he fairs in the next step up. Stubbs saw him as a long term project, he wasn't a player expected to be in the hibs first team for a least a few more years.

He's been successful in his loan spells, scored plenty goals so would be unfair not to give him a chance if he keeps stepping up a level.

California-Hibs
28-11-2016, 11:54 PM
I've continuously heard that he just isn't up to scratch and won't unfortunately make it at Hibs. So hearing he's going to be released isn't a big surprise. It was a no risk deal for us anyway, sadly for Insall it looks like he just isn't quite at the standard of Hibs.

HoboHarry
28-11-2016, 11:55 PM
I've continuously heard that he just isn't up to scratch and won't unfortunately make it at Hibs. So hearing he's going to be released isn't a big surprise. It was a no risk deal for us anyway, sadly for Insall it looks like he just isn't quite at the standard of Hibs.
Heard from who?

Hermit Crab
29-11-2016, 12:18 AM

You've got a contact in California who watches Insall and updates you on his progress and who knows what the management eam will be doing with him? :confused:

Hermit Crab
29-11-2016, 12:19 AM
If we play Bonnyrigg then thats a perfect chance to give him a run but he would of course have to be recalled and not have played for East Fife in the Scottish already this season.

California-Hibs
29-11-2016, 01:38 AM
You've got a contact in California who watches Insall and updates you on his progress and who knows what the management eam will be doing with him? :confused:

If you follow the threads closely on here you'll read from a few posters who attend that in their opinion he just doesn't cut it 👍Also saw it on here that a few coaches within think the same thing.

So yeah. Hopefully that satisfies your question.

HoboHarry
29-11-2016, 02:14 AM
If you follow the threads closely on here you'll read from a few posters who attend that in their opinion he just doesn't cut it 👍Also saw it on here that a few coaches within think the same thing.

So yeah. Hopefully that satisfies your question.
Must be true then if it was on Hibs.net........

Since90+2
29-11-2016, 02:20 AM
Seen him play twice in development games and in both games he never stood out and was actually quite poor in one of them.

I can't see him ever making the first team.

California-Hibs
29-11-2016, 07:29 AM
Must be true then if it was on Hibs.net........

It's something to go on rather than nothing and blind faith..

JDHibs
29-11-2016, 08:27 AM
5 goals in 11 appearances apparently.

Not first pick at East Fife. From what i heard he trains with the development team when with us, so not sure hes in the first team picture at all.

Given the fact we have Boyle, Holt, Graham and Cummings with Keatings still to come back, i dont think Insall will get a look in. Still has 18 months to prove me wrong. Be interesting to see him at a higher level. ICT wanted him in the summer but wouldnt match his wages, we are covering most if not all his wages for his loan to East Fife.

SlickShoes
29-11-2016, 08:47 AM

You'd never think that in 2016 someone in California would be able to communicate with people in Scotland, I wonder how they would do that, seems impossible...

Baader
29-11-2016, 12:17 PM
You would have to think that the time to give him a test run would be while we're still in this league... Given that, I'd imagine he really needs to make an appearance soon or else he'll be away.

Mcpakeisgod
29-11-2016, 12:25 PM

I don't see why it matters where you are in the world, all you need is a phone to obtain info.

California-Hibs
29-11-2016, 12:30 PM
You'd never think that in 2016 someone in California would be able to communicate with people in Scotland, I wonder how they would do that, seems impossible...

Ach, don't let a logical reply get in the way of his wee dig..

JDHibs
29-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Hermit Crab with a negative post?

NEVER.

Brightside
29-11-2016, 01:03 PM
If we play Bonnyrigg then thats a perfect chance to give him a run but he would of course have to be recalled and not have played for East Fife in the Scottish already this season.

He's not in our plans.

silverhibee
29-11-2016, 01:09 PM

Why would we recall Insall when we have a good goal scorer in Cummings who would benefit from a run out in the Cup game, will be amazed if Insall ever makes it in to Hibs 1st team.

ancient hibee
29-11-2016, 01:53 PM
You would have to think that the time to give him a test run would be while we're still in this league... Given that, I'd imagine he really needs to make an appearance soon or else he'll be away.

Hasn't he still got a couple of years on his contract?

Hermit Crab
29-11-2016, 02:14 PM
He's not in our plans.

Is Henderson? :greengrin

Brightside
29-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Is Henderson? :greengrin

Always.

Hermit Crab
29-11-2016, 02:18 PM
Always.

Henderson to be delivered? :greengrin

Paisley Hibby
29-11-2016, 02:24 PM
I really hope Insall makes it at Hibs. That would be a dream come true for him and his family and great for us. If he doesn't, then it won't be for the want of trying on his part. What a shame there's some on here so ready to write him off.

Brightside
29-11-2016, 03:07 PM
I really hope Insall makes it at Hibs. That would be a dream come true for him and his family and great for us. If he doesn't, then it won't be for the want of trying on his part. What a shame there's some on here so ready to write him off.

He's not even a first pick for East Fife....we need to be realistic here....just coz he's friends with about 3000 hibs fans on FB doesnt mean he will ever be good enough for that level of football.

JDHibs
29-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Agree with Underscore 100%.

Because hes a personality on Facebook it definitely clouds peoples judgement. Not first pick for a struggling team in League 1 but apparently deserves a shot when we are at the top of the league above?

supermcginn
29-11-2016, 04:01 PM
Nowhere near good enough, will be back in England shortly.

Paisley Hibby
29-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Dear oh dear. I guess those kind of negative cynical replies make my point for me. Seems we're not even allowed to hope he does well because some "experts" "in the know" on Hibs net have already deemed he's not good enough.

StevieCowan
29-11-2016, 05:19 PM
Dear oh dear. I guess those kind of negative cynical replies make my point for me. Seems we're not even allowed to hope he does well because some "experts" "in the know" on Hibs net have already deemed he's not good enough.

What a load of nonsense. Of course every Hibs fan would hope that a well liked player could come in and score goals in the first team.

It's pretty easy to come to the conclusion that unfortunately he's been here for over a year and hasn't made an impact. if that makes me an "expert" or "in the know" by holding this informed opinion then so be it.

That's life as a professional football player. I'm sure that if he wants to he'll have plenty of offers to remain in Scotland, albeit not at the top level.

MSK
29-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Dear oh dear. I guess those kind of negative cynical replies make my point for me. Seems we're not even allowed to hope he does well because some "experts" "in the know" on Hibs net have already deemed he's not good enough.My Brother works beside an East Fife fan, his opinion of Insall is that East Fife are just about his level, there ye go eh .. 👍

Paisley Hibby
29-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Jeez, folk are missing my point. Im not making any claims about whether he's good or not. I simply HOPE he makes it and don't understand why that's prompted the responses I got. I just hope he makes folk eat their words while he's still at Hibs.

beensaidbefore
29-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Seems, unsurprisingly, the jury is still out. If he still has 18 months left on his contract could be worth sticking it out. Will have another preseason with the main squad etc. Will have been a completely lifestyle and culture change for the lad. let's hope there is enough promise being shown and we get some of our investment back.

Hamish
29-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Starts tonight v Edinburgh City

Billy Whizz
29-11-2016, 06:42 PM

Seems Hibs have no plans to recall him in January, if they are happy to have him cuptied

Ryan Porteous not playing for Edin City, Hibs probably want him for Thursday night

J-C
29-11-2016, 07:00 PM
Sproule was plucked from obscurity but quickly learnt what was needed and became a cult hero, Install came back from holiday about a stone overweight and was almost shown the door by Lennon, they gave him a second chance by sending him back to E Fife, he's not pulled the Heather up this season, maybe because it's a division higher than last season.

HoboHarry
29-11-2016, 07:01 PM
Seems Hibs have no plans to recall him in January, if they are happy to have him cuptied

Ryan Porteous not playing for Edin City, Hibs probably want him for Thursday night

I don't begin to understand why the cup tie rules are still in place and why no-one has challenged them. The advent of transfer windows rendered those particular rules obsolete.....

superfurryhibby
29-11-2016, 09:40 PM
Sproule was plucked from obscurity but quickly learnt what was needed and became a cult hero, Install came back from holiday about a stone overweight and was almost shown the door by Lennon, they gave him a second chance by sending him back to E Fife, he's not pulled the Heather up this season, maybe because it's a division higher than last season.

6 goals in 12 games. There must ge a few strikers who wouldnae mind that kind of not pulling heather up. Not so shoddy really, especially when playing for a team who are struggling. Wonder if the stone overweight applies to all our strikers?

Brightside
29-11-2016, 09:47 PM

Subbed after 55 mins and hardly touched the ball. Can we put the bring him back to hibs thing now.

California-Hibs
30-11-2016, 07:07 AM
Agree with Underscore 100%.

Because hes a personality on Facebook it definitely clouds peoples judgement. Not first pick for a struggling team in League 1 but apparently deserves a shot when we are at the top of the league above?

You make a good point regarding being a Facebook personality. People don't recognize it but for some this does indeed cloud their judgement of him.
People got too excited and quickly drew instant comparisons between him and Vardy. People also thought it was a given that he'd score a barrow load of goals anywhere he went because of his Sunday League goals tally.

Completely different ball game walking into a team like Hibs and doing it. Also to except him to be able to do it in the Scottish Championship.

There's literally thousands of players who haven't been able to make the grade doing this and there are far fewer exceptions that do.

I'd love Jamie Insall to be that exception, but from everything you hear you seriously have to more or less accept that there's a good chance it just isn't happening.

It's a ridiculous conversation anyway considering on the books ahead of him we have - Cummings, Keatings, Holt, Graham, Boyle, Shaw.

He's 7th choice and you can almost guarantee we won't be seeing him in a Hibs 1st team shirt. Good luck to the lad though, he needs to start really setting things on fire in the league BELLOW to even begin to seriously raise eyebrows.