PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson

Callum7
27-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Is this page reliable? If it is this would be great.

http://i64.tinypic.com/29ehk52.png

Heisenberg
27-11-2016, 05:16 PM
He used to talk nonesense but his transfer stories have become more reliable recently. Would be delighted to get Hendo back.

hibby6270
27-11-2016, 05:18 PM
He used to talk nonesense but his transfer stories have become more reliable recently. Would be delighted to get Hendo back.

:agree::thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
27-11-2016, 05:18 PM
Is this page reliable? If it is this would be great.

http://i64.tinypic.com/29ehk52.png

All just rumours until confirmed by the club.

AgentDaleCooper
27-11-2016, 05:52 PM
would be an especially great move with SJM and Fyvie out - could also be what's needed to give Cummings a lift. also, because he's a legend :aok:

Hermit Crab
27-11-2016, 06:03 PM
would be an especially great move with SJM and Fyvie out - could also be what's needed to give Cummings a lift. also, because he's a legend :aok:

Cummings might be away in January.

Alex Trager
27-11-2016, 06:06 PM

For mega mega cash.

Can't see the reasoning behind that given he has just signed a four year deal

Billy Whizz
27-11-2016, 06:12 PM

Something you know HC

Franck Stanton
27-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Cummings might not be away in January. :wink:

Hermit Crab
27-11-2016, 06:18 PM
For mega mega cash.

Something you know HC

Cummings might not be away in January. :wink:

Not likely.

No Billy, just a hunch

Yes very true GAG.

HibsNutter
27-11-2016, 06:23 PM
The guy is known to talk pish on Twitter. He said we were getting Hendo in the Summer. Although the move would make sense so it could happen.

As for Cummings, LD says he's not going anywhere. He'll be back in the team soon where he should be.

Alex Trager
27-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Not likely.

No Billy, just a hunch

Yes very true GAG.

A three and a half year contract surely argues with you

SRHibs
27-11-2016, 06:31 PM
I think Cummings' recent form has probably gone some way to devaluing him though. At this point I'm sure many of us would be a bit more hesitant to reject the type of offer we got a few months ago.

Would love to see LH back, although I thought he was getting game time at 'Tic now?

Libby Hibby
27-11-2016, 06:42 PM
And so it begins...two whole months of will he / won't he be signing for the cabbage...

hibs#1
27-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Griffiths looked pretty unhappy today at his lack of playing time,can I be the first to say bring him home 😆

portyhibernian
27-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Agent Scotland is a complete pishmonger, I'll believe it when it happens.

Albanian Hibs
27-11-2016, 06:59 PM
💃💃💃

erin go bragh
27-11-2016, 06:59 PM
I think Cummings' recent form has probably gone some way to devaluing him though. At this point I'm sure many of us would be a bit more hesitant to reject the type of offer we got a few months ago.

Would love to see LH back, although I thought he was getting game time at 'Tic now?

LH didn't even make the bench in today's final .
Come home Liam . 🇳🇬🏆

Jim44
27-11-2016, 07:08 PM
It's difficult to guage Henderson's position at the moment. At the start of the season, his aim was to establish himself in the Celtic squad and, generally, he appeared to do that, with fairly regular bench appearances and even the odd game or part of a game. Latterly, however, his involvement has dwindled, although he got a place on the bench against Barcelona but not in today's LC final. It's anyone's guess as to his frame of mind or as to whether BR seriously includes him in his future plans. It would appear that Celtic are keeping him on the back boiler, enough to keep him interested at Parkhead or, if he does move on, to ask a serious price for him. Having said that, I don't know how long is left on his contract.

Vault Boy
27-11-2016, 07:17 PM
It's actually a fake Agent Scotland account - as unbelievably sad that is

Jonnyboy
27-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Not likely.

No Billy, just a hunch

Yes very true GAG.

Or wishful thinking? :wink:

Jonnyboy
27-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Griffiths looked pretty unhappy today at his lack of playing time,can I be the first to say bring him home 😆

He looked pretty happy to me when he was sitting at the front as the players did their "Championeees" gig after the presentation!

ACLeith
27-11-2016, 07:58 PM
LH didn't even make the bench in today's final .
Come home Liam . 🇳🇬🏆

Exactly. 6 months ago he came off the bench to play a pivotal role in winning the premier cup, now he isn't quoted for the minor cup.

When you come back home Liam, you've still plenty time to get your big money move, you need a playing career right now not a fat bank balance.

Cod Boy
27-11-2016, 08:18 PM
Looks like he has falling down the pecking order at Celtic with Mackay Steven being on the bench today.

Billy Whizz
27-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Looks like he has falling down the pecking order at Celtic with Mackay Steven being on the bench today.

Think it was more tactical, with Sinclair our, probably wanted another wide player on the bench, than a midfielder

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2016, 08:31 PM
This speculation is inevitable, given his status here and that we're two first pick midfielders down for several weeks. Not going to get worked up about it, but would rather have them delivuuuur Henderson than a has-been like Commons.

J-C
27-11-2016, 08:46 PM
For mega mega cash.

And contracts are hardly worth the paper they're written on if a big enough offer was to come in. It was important to get Cummings on a bigger/longer deal so we make sure we get the right value for him.

Alex Trager
27-11-2016, 08:51 PM
And contracts are hardly worth the paper they're written on if a big enough offer was to come in. It was important to get Cummings on a bigger/longer deal so we make sure we get the right value for him.

That's my point.

But HC seems to disagree

northstandhibby
27-11-2016, 08:53 PM
Could be an offer has come in for Jason the club couldn't turn down and he will be on his way in January. I'm speculating not been informed of anything. With Hendo coming home to appease us and maybe one or two others coming in?

Unseen work
27-11-2016, 08:59 PM
There are a couple of areas we need to strengthen before hendo.

Great young player but he is not essential for us right now

J-C
27-11-2016, 09:03 PM

He could well be with McGinn and Fyvie out for the next 2 months and Dylan not too reliable injury wise.

ekhibee
27-11-2016, 09:17 PM
There's obviously not much happening in the football world at the moment if the best anybody can come out with is a rumour started by a notoriously unreliable twitter source about a player that we very probably couldn't afford in the first place. No offence to the OP though, it would be great if it was true.

TheFamous1875
27-11-2016, 09:32 PM
He could well be with McGinn and Fyvie out for the next 2 months and Dylan not too reliable injury wise.

Surely if that comes to fruition it'd be Martin's time to get a chance? If youth are to get a chance, then surely this is would (provisionally) be the time to give it?

J-C
27-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Surely if that comes to fruition it'd be Martin's time to get a chance? If youth are to get a chance, then surely this is would (provisionally) be the time to give it?

I don't disagree with you on that one, I wanted Martin to get more involved weeks ago, the odd 20 mins here and there to get him ready in case we really do need him, just like we do now.

Winston Ingram
27-11-2016, 10:16 PM

This. We need width

hibbysam
27-11-2016, 10:22 PM
This. We need width

No, we need midfielders! We are already McGinn and Fyvie down, Bartley hardly fills the role further forward, as good as Dylan is, he can break down at any minute, which leaves us Shinnie? And Martin? With possibly Paul Hanlon stepping up and Bartley, inspiring stuff!

Forza Fred
27-11-2016, 10:35 PM
I know he loved his time at Hibs, but he would have still have been drawing his Celic level of wages.

Big difference between what we pay and Celtic pays, and pretty sure someone deemed good enough to sit on the bench against Barcelona would be an interesting proposition for a couple of English championship sides who could pay triple our wages..so wouldn't necessarily assume his next move would be to us...as a few seem to believe.

IWasThere2016
27-11-2016, 10:40 PM
I know he loved his time at Hibs, but he would have still have been drawing his Celic level of wages.

Big difference between what we pay and Celtic pays, and pretty sure someone deemed good enough to sit on the bench against Barcelona would be an interesting proposition for a couple of English championship sides who could pay triple our wages..so wouldn't necessarily assume his next move would be to us...as a few seem to believe.

If it was about wages LH would have been better off at Hibs. He is on £800 - £1k a week at Cellic.

snooky
28-11-2016, 12:38 AM
This speculation is inevitable, given his status here and that we're two first pick midfielders down for several weeks. Not going to get worked up about it, but would rather have them delivuuuur Henderson than a has-been like Commons.

:agree: Me2

HoboHarry
28-11-2016, 01:54 AM
If it was about wages LH would have been better off at Hibs. He is on £800 - £1k a week at Cellic.
You know this how?

Forza Fred
28-11-2016, 05:04 AM

I have no direct knowledge of his salary, but I would be very surprised if this was the case.

et vireta
28-11-2016, 08:10 AM
With the injury situation worsening I can't help but wonder if Neil Lennon's plans for the January transfer window might have changed. Most managers tend to say its not the best window, If we had a real bit daylight between ourselves and Dundee Utd (and we hadn't suffered the injuries) I would have thought Lennon would have kept the cash or perhaps gone for one or two youngsters for future. I think now he might feel we need a couple of experienced pros to just get us over the line come May.....might even be players who don't play with flair etc but just a couple who can grind out the results for us

JDHibs
28-11-2016, 08:13 AM
Wondered when this would start, tad early even for what i thought!

Agentscotland had Hendo and commons signed and sealed in June, so shows you how reliable he is. He also stated atleast 4 times during the transfer window that it was a done deal.

We dont need Hendo if McGinn and Fyvie are out, hes an attacking midfielder, a Shinnie type player. He is completely different to McGinn and Fyvie and wouldnt get a start above Shinnie. Keatings is due back and can play there as he showed at the start of the season.

People forget, Hendo wasnt even a guaranteed starter with us last season, just because he took 2 great corners, doesnt change that. No one can deny his set piece ability but what about his all round play? Is he better than Shinnie who has averaged being involved in a goal a game since he signed?

Also, why does any transfer thread always contain Cummings? We will not sell in January or the summer unless a ridiculous offer comes in, which when he isnt playing/scoring, nobody will pay. Hes still got 3 1/2 years to go. As for Hermit Crab saying is a hunch hes moving, its well known that the man hates Cummings and takes any opportunity to slate the man who has been our top scorer these past 2 seasons. So ignore what he has to say.

hibbysam
28-11-2016, 08:26 AM
Wondered when this would start, tad early even for what i thought!

Agentscotland had Hendo and commons signed and sealed in June, so shows you how reliable he is. He also stated atleast 4 times during the transfer window that it was a done deal.

We dont need Hendo if McGinn and Fyvie are out, hes an attacking midfielder, a Shinnie type player. He is completely different to McGinn and Fyvie and wouldnt get a start above Shinnie. Keatings is due back and can play there as he showed at the start of the season.

People forget, Hendo wasnt even a guaranteed starter with us last season, just because he took 2 great corners, doesnt change that. No one can deny his set piece ability but what about his all round play? Is he better than Shinnie who has averaged being involved in a goal a game since he signed?

Also, why does any transfer thread always contain Cummings? We will not sell in January or the summer unless a ridiculous offer comes in, which when he isnt playing/scoring, nobody will pay. Hes still got 3 1/2 years to go. As for Hermit Crab saying is a hunch hes moving, its well known that the man hates Cummings and takes any opportunity to slate the man who has been our top scorer these past 2 seasons. So ignore what he has to say.

Think you will find Henderson actually plays deeper with Celtic, in the McGinn, Fyvie role... I would actually say this is his best position, picking the ball up deep and spreading it about. His all round game is superb for someone his age, his passing ability, his set pieces like you mention, his fight and enthusiasm. He wouldn't be in Brendan Rodgers squads if he wasn't a good technical player and to say otherwise is ludicrous.

brog
28-11-2016, 08:36 AM
Think you will find Henderson actually plays deeper with Celtic, in the McGinn, Fyvie role... I would actually say this is his best position, picking the ball up deep and spreading it about. His all round game is superb for someone his age, his passing ability, his set pieces like you mention, his fight and enthusiasm. He wouldn't be in Brendan Rodgers squads if he wasn't a good technical player and to say otherwise is ludicrous.

Think you you will find Hendo doesn't actually play anywhere for Celtc!! :greengrin Apart from that I pretty much agree with you. We can never have too many good players, especially one who has a potentially high resale value. Add in the fact that he knows & enjoys the club & is very popular in the dressing room & it's a no brainer for me.

Jim44
28-11-2016, 08:39 AM

:agree: He's a terrific player no matter whether he plays deeper or not. I think that those who say we don't really need him because we already have players in these positions are only numbing the disappointment that we know he won't be back at ER in the near future.

GreenOnions
28-11-2016, 09:27 AM
With the injury situation worsening I can't help but wonder if Neil Lennon's plans for the January transfer window might have changed.

I think this is a distinct possibility.

It's got to be likely that NL fancied the idea of going for Henderson next summer if he hadn't established himself at Celtic and if we get promoted - especially as we may well lose McGinn then.

It also seems to me that, although the deal didn't come off last summer, it was actually pretty close to it. We then went for Shinnie instead for 12 months and the Hendo deal was dead for at least 12 months.

With promotion being critically important and the injury situation as it is it wouldn't surprise me if the board were to sanction a move for Hendo in January if he was willing to come. If we are planning a move next summer anyway it would make a lot of sense both in terms of short term promotion ambitions and long term planning (the departure of McGinn).

Beefster
28-11-2016, 09:30 AM
I hope Henderson signs just so we don't get countless threads about him before/during every transfer window for the next 5 years.

Saying that, could Riordan do a job?

Beefster
28-11-2016, 09:31 AM

That's guff btw.

J-C
28-11-2016, 01:44 PM
That's guff btw.

If you're going to knock someone for what they post at least back it up with some facts to counter his statement, just saying that's guff, doesn't really add anything does it. At least tell us why it's guff.

HoboHarry
28-11-2016, 01:57 PM
If you're going to knock someone for what they post at least back it up with some facts to counter his statement, just saying that's guff, doesn't really add anything does it. At least tell us why it's guff.
It's guff for the same reason as every other discussion about players salaries. Unless he has direct access to the players paycheck or he can provide a link to an article which discloses the salary then he he is plucking numbers out of his erchie. In my opinion.

Beefster
28-11-2016, 05:28 PM

There weren't any facts in the post I quoted so I didn't really see the need to buck the trend.

calumhibee1
28-11-2016, 05:38 PM
There weren't any facts in the post I quoted so I didn't really see the need to buck the trend.

I remember going round in circles about this in the summer when Henderson was supposed to be coming. I'm still of the opinion that I was then, Henderson will be on more at Celtic than our current top earner. Find the idea that Hendo is on a similar wage at Celtic to Stanton or Harris at us difficult to believe. If he is then he needs a new agent.

ancient hibee
28-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Not sure Henderson would want to come to Hibs knowing there would probably be 4 players ahead of him, when fit,for the position he wants to play.On the other hand Lennon may see him as a replacement for McGinn if he decides to sell him in the summer or perhaps for McGeouch if he's moved on.

Jack Hackett
28-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Not sure Henderson would want to come to Hibs knowing there would probably be 4 players ahead of him, when fit,for the position he wants to play.On the other hand Lennon may see him as a replacement for McGinn if he decides to sell him in the summer or perhaps for McGeouch if he's moved on.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/celtic-s-liam-henderson-i-d-love-to-play-for-hibs-again-1-4285898

The boy's a Hibby now...and forever :agree:

J-C
28-11-2016, 08:31 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/celtic-s-liam-henderson-i-d-love-to-play-for-hibs-again-1-4285898

The boy's a Hibby now...and forever :agree:

Nice to see he mentioned KT as being his mentor when he was here, the main reason Thomson was brought back at the time was to guide some of the youngsters. Liam has an affinity for our club, I think his granddad is/was a Hibs fan as is some of his family, Liam may be a Celtic fan at heart but has Hibs in his blood now. :greengrin

Cod Boy
28-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Rumors that Celtic are signing James Mcarthy in January if true would mean less game time for Henderson.

Big L
28-11-2016, 09:38 PM
Celtic have 13 midfielders in their squad plus another 3 out on loan, 1 of whom is Scott Allan. I said when Rodgers took over that a number of players would struggle for game time, Stokes was an obvious, he's gone, I also thought Hendo and Griffiths would struggle, now I think they will also leave. I think their could be a right clear out at Parkhead, and I hope we get Hendo and maybe Ryan Christie!

AgentDaleCooper
28-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Celtic have 13 midfielders in their squad plus another 3 out on loan, 1 of whom is Scott Allan. I said when Rodgers took over that a number of players would struggle for game time, Stokes was an obvious, he's gone, I also thought Hendo and Griffiths would struggle, now I think they will also leave. I think their could be a right clear out at Parkhead, and I hope we get Hendo and maybe Ryan Christie!

and maybe....leigh...? :hyper

ancient hibee
28-11-2016, 10:30 PM
Moving on those players who won't add anything in a European context?

northstandhibby
28-11-2016, 10:35 PM
and maybe....leigh...? :hyper

:aok:

Leigh would push us up to around 15 000 season tickets and a couple of thousand walk ups.

:boo hoo:

Unfortunately I doubt we'll get him.

Would be happy with Hendo though!

AgentDaleCooper
28-11-2016, 10:38 PM

Leigh would push us up to around 15 000 season tickets and a couple of thousand walk ups.

:boo hoo:

Unfortunately I doubt we'll get him.

Would be happy with Hendo though!

i'll settle for nothing less than hendo and leigh :aok: :hyper

Greenworld
29-11-2016, 08:35 AM
If there was even a remote chance of getting LG on loan I'd break the bank he would guarantee our promotion

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Betty Boop
29-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Get real Celtic are going to loan us Leigh Griffiths ? :greengrin

djs69
29-11-2016, 11:54 AM
The agent Scotland account who posted this is a fake account, with only a handful of followers. Ie it's a lot of nonsense.

AgentDaleCooper
29-11-2016, 12:54 PM
The agent Scotland account who posted this is a fake account, with only a handful of followers. Ie it's a lot of nonsense.

Doesn't mean leigh isn't coming home though :hyper

Haymaker
30-11-2016, 07:00 AM
Doesn't mean leigh isn't coming home though :hyper

He's coming home?! :hyper

DH1875
30-11-2016, 08:46 AM

It's a dream mate so go back to bed. Leigh's no coming.

hibbysam
30-11-2016, 09:09 AM

I spoke to him in the bookies and he told me it's all signed and sealed, just have to wait until January 1st before it goes through!!

mjhibby
30-11-2016, 09:46 AM
Nice to see he mentioned KT as being his mentor when he was here, the main reason Thomson was brought back at the time was to guide some of the youngsters. Liam has an affinity for our club, I think his granddad is/was a Hibs fan as is some of his family, Liam may be a Celtic fan at heart but has Hibs in his blood now. :greengrin

Liam said in the cup final DVD that most of his family are hibbies. I can see him coming as he will be looking to get game time and if he keeps improving he will get a transfer with much higher wages. It's a win win allround. NL will no doubt have been planning on not having sjm in January and im sure he has already said he is after a couple of wide players. No chance of Cummings going in january as we don't have enough strikers. Should be a very interesting transfer window though.

ekhibee
30-11-2016, 11:45 AM
I'm going to win the lottery tonight. There's about as much chance of that happening as Henderson coming to Hibs. And for those that were slagging off Commons? Henderson was a good player for us, but he has a long, long way to go before he reaches the quality that Commons had, particularly in front of goal.

AgentDaleCooper
30-11-2016, 07:12 PM
I spoke to him in the bookies and he told me it's all signed and sealed, just have to wait until January 1st before it goes through!!

OHMYGODREALLY!!?!?!?!? :hyper :hyper :hyper

AgentDaleCooper
30-11-2016, 07:15 PM

read the above post, only 31 days 'till he comes home :hyper

:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

HibsNutter
30-11-2016, 07:37 PM
I'm going to win the lottery tonight. There's about as much chance of that happening as Henderson coming to Hibs. And for those that were slagging off Commons? Henderson was a good player for us, but he has a long, long way to go before he reaches the quality that Commons had, particularly in front of goal..

erin go bragh
30-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Get real Celtic are going to loan us Leigh Griffiths ? :greengrin

More chance of them loaning us him , than us paying 5 m to sign him .
Would be delighted to sign Hendo .

Big L
30-11-2016, 11:50 PM
Heard today that a deal has been done for Hendo & Commons to come at the break, but McGinn is going to Celtic. Apparently not till next season. If it's true it might b a loan back. I would assume that their will also b a decent amount of cash coming our way. I know Hendo signed a 3yr deal in 2015 & Commons deal is up this season. I would have liked to have got Ryan Christie as well, know where near their 1st team.

SteveHFC
30-11-2016, 11:51 PM
Heard today that a deal has been done for Hendo & Commons to come at the break, but McGinn is going to Celtic. Apparently not till next season. If it's true it might b a loan back. I would assume that their will also b a decent amount of cash coming our way. I know Hendo signed a 3yr deal in 2015 & Commons deal is up this season. I would have liked to have got Ryan Christie as well, know where near their 1st team.

Also heard that too.

chrisski33
01-12-2016, 01:53 AM

What he told u that in the bookies?? I think not!

Hermit Crab
01-12-2016, 07:37 AM
What he told u that in the bookies?? I think not!

I think that may be a whoosh moment :greengrin