PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Banner Today

Since90+2
27-11-2016, 10:36 AM
Anybody seen the banner they have had created for their game v Celtic today? Something you would expect the Huns to come up with. To be fair some of their own are condemning it on social media.

Stick "Aberdeen banner" in a Twitter search if you've not seen it.

Big_Franck
27-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Anybody seen the banner they have had created for their game v Celtic today? Something you would expect the Huns to come up with. To be fair some of their own are condemning it on social media.

Stick "Aberdeen banner" in a Twitter search if you've not seen it.

It's true though.

Alex Trager
27-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Some of the hypocrisy from the tims surrounding this banner is astounding

Oscar T Grouch
27-11-2016, 10:52 AM
For those who haven't seen it. It says sh*gging sheep is fictional. Sh&gging children isn't.

Weird cause I read a story in some paper about a very non fictional version of sex with an ovine perpetrated by some farm hand up north a few years back.

The Celtic fans affront to this is hypocritical

Itsnoteasy
27-11-2016, 10:54 AM
It's true though.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

northstandhibby
27-11-2016, 10:56 AM
For those who haven't seen it. It says sh*gging sheep is fictional. Sh&gging children isn't.

Weird cause I read a story in some paper about a very non fictional version of sex with an ovine perpetrated by some farm hand up north a few years back.

That is absolutely disgusting. Sick minded individuals taking a cheap shot at what is a hugely sensitive area of current investigation.

BullsCloseHibs
27-11-2016, 10:56 AM

Wow! That flag won't last the 90.

.Sean.
27-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Celtic supporters have a cheek having a pop of anyone else's banner.

**** them. Mon the sheep :aok:

Andy74
27-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Who is it aimed at?

Big_Franck
27-11-2016, 11:00 AM
Who is it aimed at?

I'd guess Celtc due to the 'issues' at Celtic Boys club in the past. Don't think it's aimed at any one individual.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2016, 11:02 AM
Celtic supporters have a cheek having a pop of anyone else's banner.

**** them. Mon the sheep :aok:

Celtcs fans main complaint will be over the spelling and why some fans can do it properly.

Keith_M
27-11-2016, 11:21 AM
I don't care who it's aimed at, using such serious issues as this for a cheap dig is totally out of order.

This is akin to the Rangers Fans 'Big Jock Knew' digs.

snooky
27-11-2016, 11:24 AM
Celtcs fans main complaint will be over the spelling and why some fans can do it properly.

There'll be a condemnation in the Celtc Noose I expect.

HibbyAndy
27-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Good luck Aberdeen the day

Mr White
27-11-2016, 11:26 AM
I don't care who it's aimed at, using such serious issues as this for a cheap dig is totally out of order.

:agree:

Diclonius
27-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Disgusting - sick of child abuse/pedophilia being used in football as "banter". It's inappropriate, insensitive and it isn't even funny. Feel exactly the same regarding the relentless "LOL HEARTS ARE PEDOPHILES" guff we used to blare out every time we went to Tynecastle.

Scott Allan Key
27-11-2016, 11:44 AM

Absolutely. Makes a mockery of those who suffered in a attempt to wind up the 'opposition'. As if Celtic or as Huns infer, Catholics are collectively responsible for the actions of the perpetrators of historic abuse. No need.

green&left
27-11-2016, 12:00 PM
The daft bassa who made it posted it on her twitter. Then a few tweets down tweeted about how she works in a childrens nursery. Some people are thick as fluck. Sure her "banter" will go down well with her new employers!

Regarding the actual game I hope sellick pump them. Aberdeen are becoming a bit big headed like the jambos due to their recent "success".

snooky
27-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Disgusting - sick of child abuse/pedophilia being used in football as "banter". It's inappropriate, insensitive and it isn't even funny. Feel exactly the same regarding the relentless "LOL HEARTS ARE PEDOPHILES" guff we used to blare out every time we went to Tynecastle.

:agree: 100%

superfurryhibby
27-11-2016, 12:11 PM

Agreed. The fact that some on here find this OK is very disappointing. Says more about them and their moral compasses. Sad individuals all round.

Ricky Bobby
27-11-2016, 12:36 PM
Obviously too stupid to show a bit more imagination when making a banner. Very predictable.

Frazerbob
27-11-2016, 12:44 PM
I'm currently in The Shed, which is a Dons fan party and the banner is on display.

southsider
27-11-2016, 12:46 PM
Time for heroes was best banner EVER. Everyone else should just stop.

Mr White
27-11-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm currently in The Shed, which is a Dons fan party and the banner is on display.

What's the general attitude towards it from the fans in the shed?

Frazerbob
27-11-2016, 12:55 PM
What's the general attitude towards it from the fans in the shed?

Most are a bit embarrassed. The pissed up gadgie element are loving it.

Mr White
27-11-2016, 12:56 PM
Most are a bit embarrassed. The pissed up gadgie element are loving it.

Makes sense I suppose.

Jones28
27-11-2016, 01:26 PM
That's horrendous banter

Shrekko
27-11-2016, 01:32 PM
It's also unoriginal. The Sevco fans had a banner at last season's SC semi which was virtually the same except it was 'Zombies are fictional, Paeodphiles are real'.

JimBHibees
27-11-2016, 01:32 PM

Yep despicable. Only a football game ffs.

Pretty Boy
27-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Chronic 'banter'. Doesn't even make sense, bestiality isn't fictional.

Normally never want Celtic or Rangers to win a final (except when playing Hearts) but can't ****ing stand Aberdeen and their ersehole fans. Hope Celtic put 5 or 6 past them today.

Ricky Bobby
27-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Chronic 'banter'. Doesn't even make sense, bestiality isn't fictional.

Normally never want Celtic or Rangers to win a final (except when playing Hearts) but can't ****ing stand Aberdeen and their ersehole fans. Hope Celtic put 5 or 6 past them today.

This is where i am at.

heretoday
27-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Friendly banter which can only attract more young families to our wonderful Scottish game.

jonny
27-11-2016, 01:56 PM
What channel is the cup final on? I can't seem to find it

Mr White
27-11-2016, 01:57 PM
What channel is the cup final on? I can't seem to find it

Bt

JimBHibees
27-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Bt sport

jonny
27-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Bt

Thanks mate.
Although a national cup final being on pay to view channel is outrageous (in my opinion of course)

Onion
27-11-2016, 02:00 PM
Didn't see the banner but the flag display by the Dons fans is outstanding !

But empty spaces on their end ?

jonny
27-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Thanks mate.
Although a national cup final being on pay to view channel is outrageous (in my opinion of course)

Just noticed the discussion about this on the other thread.

NAE NOOKIE
27-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Totally out of order .... this is a bloody serious subject and using it for points scoring on the terraces is an insult to the victims and their families.
That aside, what folk also need to bear in mind is that the Crew Alexandra situation may well have opened a Pandora's box, whose to say other folk wont now come forward and whose to say which club they will come forward from ... how are these idiots going to feel if one of them turns out to be Aberdeen?

As for the game ... I've no love for Aberdeen, but apart from the Yams I simply cant want an old firm team to beat anybody in Scottish football, especially in a final.

#FromTheCapital
27-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Hope Celtic pump them today. Couldn't care less if they're the old firm, I genuinely dislike Aberdeen and their fans more.

Phil MaGlass
27-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Im not condoning it but I see it more as an attack on selliks alleged child abuse coverup during the Stein era if Im not mistaken.

Mr White
27-11-2016, 03:54 PM
Im not condoning it but I see it more as an attack on selliks alleged child abuse coverup during the Stein era if Im not mistaken.

Aye it's a righteous moral crusade against wrong doing right enough.

It's just crass point scoring I'm afraid. Nothing more.

WoreTheGreen
27-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Typiclal sheep the flag should be a white one Bottlers

Thecat23
27-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Doesn't matter if true it's horrific banter and this type of thing shouldn't be in football. It's a ****ing game having cheap shots at clubs about the abuse of children is disgusting.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Brutal banter in a week where the subject has never been more current. Absolute fannies

27-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Using this sort of stuff as "banter" is disgusting. There are people out there who have suffered horrific sexual abuse, i'm sure they wouldn't see the funny side of this.

IlDiavola
27-11-2016, 05:00 PM

:thumbsup:

dchibs
27-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Time for heroes was best banner EVER. Everyone else should just stop.

Hibs class.

stu in nottingham
27-11-2016, 05:23 PM
The concept of bringing pedophilia taunts into football is crass, inappropriate, boring and brainless.

Let's see who can insult each other with the worst jibes? Who really cares... It's a game of football which appears to be increasingly forgotten. All of these individuals, no matter which team they support, would be better directed using their energies in giving positive support to their own team.

Albanian Hibs
27-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Hate Aberdeen and their fans

GreenLake
27-11-2016, 06:27 PM
The banner would have been seen all around the world by a tiny number of viewers.

Jonnyboy
27-11-2016, 06:31 PM
Disgusting

Nameless
27-11-2016, 06:33 PM
I get the outrage, but is anybody the least bit surprised? Football in the UK is the last bastion of racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, sectarianism and unabashed hatred. I'd be vaguely offended if I read this on a bus shelter, but at the football it doesn't even stand out against all the other stuff I hear and see.

CropleyWasGod
27-11-2016, 06:53 PM
I get the outrage, but is anybody the least bit surprised? Football in the UK is the last bastion of racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, sectarianism and unabashed hatred. I'd be vaguely offended if I read this on a bus shelter, but at the football it doesn't even stand out against all the other stuff I hear and see.

Fair point, but that is exactly why it's taken so long for guys to come out, and why gay male footballers still can't.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2016, 07:27 PM
The branding other clubs, players and teams fans as 'paedophilles' is long past it's sell-by date, and it's mind-numbing ubiquity only advertises that there are morons in the house.

It's probably pointless to moan about young fans doing this, as it's become as much a ubiquitous and general insult now as 'poof' or '****er' were back in my youth. Older heads should know better than encourage this sort of thing.

Not defending the A/deen fans, but Celtic fans do a good line in hypocrisy and sanctimony, so I'm not too upset that it offended them. Though I accept that this reaction is probably part of the wider problem.

Itsnoteasy
27-11-2016, 08:26 PM
The concept of bringing pedophilia taunts into football is crass, inappropriate, boring and brainless.

Let's see who can insult each other with the worst jibes? Who really cares... It's a game of football which appears to be increasingly forgotten. All of these individuals, no matter which team they support, would be better directed using their energies in giving positive support to their own team.

We've been doing it at the Saville Dome for years. Didn't hear many folk going on about it on .net

Mr White
27-11-2016, 08:37 PM
We've been doing it at the Saville Dome for years. Didn't hear many folk going on about it on .net

Really? That's been discussed quite a bit on here. Most of the people arguing against the singing of those songs gave up doing so once the, eh... "counter arguments" were presented.

Super_JMcGinn
27-11-2016, 09:14 PM

Hypocrisy in all it's glory I'm afraid. Had that banner been aimed at Rangers FC the banter on here would be of a different ilk I'm sure.

Mr White
27-11-2016, 09:24 PM
Hypocrisy in all it's glory I'm afraid. Had that banner been aimed at Rangers FC the banter on here would be of a different ilk I'm sure.

So you think the same people on this thread (myself included) who have condemned the aberdeen banner, would have felt differently about it had it been aimed at The Rangers? Stop talking pish Gail.

Super_JMcGinn
27-11-2016, 09:30 PM
So you think the same people on this thread (myself included) who have condemned the aberdeen banner, would have felt differently about it had it been aimed at The Rangers? Stop talking pish Gail.

I'm not talking pish Mr White

Mr White
27-11-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm not talking pish Mr White

So you think the same people would have a different point of view had it been the Rangers on the end of this? That's what would be required for hypocrisy. What you possibly mean is that some other posters who haven't even commented on this thread may have taken some pleasure in the situation and expressed that. Again that wouldn't be hypocritical. You do talk pish. Consistently.

Jonnyboy
27-11-2016, 09:39 PM

Nonsense. The banner was disgusting regardless of who it was aimed at

Super_JMcGinn
27-11-2016, 09:40 PM
So you think the same people would have a different point of view had it been the Rangers on the end of this? That's what would be required for hypocrisy. What you possibly mean is that some other posters who haven't even commented on this thread may have taken some pleasure in the situation and expressed that. Again that wouldn't be hypocritical. You do talk pish. Consistently.

I'm sure you know the meaning of the word :aok:

Mr White
27-11-2016, 09:43 PM
I'm sure you know the meaning of the word :aok:

Feel free to expand upon what you mean by that.

You could do with looking up the definition of the word given your erroneous use of the term in the last few minutes.

Canon Hannan
28-11-2016, 06:52 AM
Sevco - esk banner. Poor poor patter.
Glad Celtic pumped them now. Was wanting the Dons until I heard this.
Hope Hearts pump Sevco soon too 👍

Hiber-nation
28-11-2016, 07:02 AM

Yet again you are a million miles wide of the mark. Your posts are becoming more bizarre by the day.

Pete
28-11-2016, 07:06 AM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I'm wondering if this might not go down too well with a certain element amongst the Aberdeen fans who can't stomach anything Rangers at all. I thought the sheep were better than that.

Frazerbob
28-11-2016, 08:54 AM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I'm wondering if this might not go down too well with a certain element amongst the Aberdeen fans who can't stomach anything Rangers at all. I thought the sheep were better than that.

I was really surprised at the Hun-esq behaviour coming from the Sheep yesterday. A lot "Big Jock Knew" stuff coming from them. I was sat amongst them, right on the segregation barrier and the atmosphere was dreadful. Just before the kick off, when they all had their foil flags on the go, it was building up nicely but from about 10 minutes into the game it was dire. They knew their tea was oot and they were miles behind Celtic, on & off the park. I have to also say however, the Celtic fans are turning into performing seals. As good as their displays and rehearsed chants are, they seem to be a bit too scripted IMHO.

northstandhibby
28-11-2016, 09:34 AM

Not me I'm happy to say. I would have condemned it no matter which club it was aimed at. Not afraid to go against the grain if I feel strongly enough about a matter. Although I'm sure the vast majority of hibbies would feel the same as to no matter which club it was aimed at.

A bit banter is fine but that was simply crass and not in the least bit funny.

:aok:

JimBHibees
28-11-2016, 10:04 AM

Disagree totally. The timing of that banner couldn't be much worse given the recent football related revelations. Irrelevant who it was aimed at.

Super_JMcGinn
29-11-2016, 07:31 AM
Sevco - esk banner. Poor poor patter.
Glad Celtic pumped them now. Was wanting the Dons until I heard this.
Hope Hearts pump Sevco soon too 👍

Celtic FC offending since 1888

Salt N Sauzee
29-11-2016, 07:44 AM

Think you're right tbh

hibbysam
29-11-2016, 12:06 PM
Celtic FC offending since 1888

Wtf??? Why are you even on here? If it's not having a go at our own players, it's making some radge comments...

Keith_M
29-11-2016, 05:30 PM

Then you must have me on ignore, cos I never tire of whinging about it.

Keith_M
29-11-2016, 05:32 PM

Utter garbage... as we've come to expect from you whenever The Rangers are mentioned.

cabbageandribs1875
06-12-2016, 02:17 PM
:confused: