PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Club With No Shame

Keith_M
26-11-2016, 04:18 PM
No, it's not our noisy neighbours and their charity pilfering this time, I'm talking about Bayern Munich

This is the club that has almost unanimously treated a convicted crook as some kind of hero, variously describing his misdemeanours as somewhere between an innocent oversight and persecution by the 'haters' (sound familiar?)

For those not aware, I'm talking about former Bayern President, Uli Höness, who was convicted of willful tax evasion and served time in jail. He originally denied all offences, then admitted to a limited amount of fraud (€2m) in an effort to strike a deal with the court. The deal unspun somewhat when the prosecutors found evidence of more and more fraud by the day, eventually settling at ~€28M.

Even then his friends, like Beckenbauer (yes, the FIFA Bung Scandal guy) were trying to convince the world that their Uli was merely guilty of an oversight, or a misdemeanour equivalent to a parking ticket. In fact, he had committed tax fraud that amounted to literally thousands of instances, knowingly and wilfully..

Not only did this Club With No Shame back this crook at every turn, 70k of them applauding him onto the pitch at the Allianz Arena while he was on day release from jail... they have just re-appointed him as Bayern Munich President.

They, however, are Bayern Munich, a Club with an ethos they claim no one else could even begin to understand, a club like no other.

I would love to see them investigated and convicted of corruption (as it is endemic in their culture), closed down and flushed down the toilet of football history.

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Detest Bayern Munich. Not got much time for any team that can take any player from any club in their country and know that they'll be signing them whenever they feel like it. Lewandowski knew he was going there wi about 2 years left on his contract.

Don't have much issues with Leipzig and hope they can go on and win the league

monktonharp
26-11-2016, 04:43 PM
the gorgie mob "pilfered" around the same figure you mention of Bayern.theirs was mainly from Lithuanian pentioners, UK taxpayers and City of Edinburgh council tax payers though.

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2016, 04:45 PM
No, it's not our noisy neighbours and their charity pilfering this time, I'm talking about Bayern Munich

This is the club that has almost unanimously treated a convicted crook as some kind of hero, variously describing his misdemeanours as somewhere between an innocent oversight and persecution by the 'haters' (sound familiar?)

For those not aware, I'm talking about former Bayern President, Uli Höness, who was convicted of willful tax evasion and served time in jail. He originally denied all offences, then admitted to a limited amount of fraud (€2m) in an effort to strike a deal with the court. The deal unspun somewhat when the prosecutors found evidence of more and more fraud by the day, eventually settling at ~€28M.

Even then his friends, like Beckenbauer (yes, the FIFA Bung Scandal guy) were trying to convince the world that their Uli was merely guilty of an oversight, or a misdemeanour equivalent to a parking ticket. In fact, he had committed tax fraud that amounted to literally thousands of instances, knowingly and wilfully..

Not only did this Club With No Shame back this crook at every turn, 70k of them applauding him onto the pitch at the Allianz Arena while he was on day release from jail... they have just re-appointed him as Bayern Munich President.

They, however, are Bayern Munich, a Club with an ethos they claim no one else could even begin to understand, a club like no other.

I would love to see them investigated and convicted of corruption (as it is endemic in their culture), closed down and flushed down the toilet of football history.

Fitba is full of bloody greedy crooks, especially at the top ... in fact the more money they make the more they try to avoid paying in tax. I see Neymar is the latest following Messi's court case, this time the Brazilian authorities are prosecuting him over 11 million quids worth of undeclared earnings and looking for jail time and / or a fine of 36 million quid.

No doubt he will squirm out of it just like Messi did .... At least the German authorities are on the ball when it comes to their crooks and prepared to say 'so what' when the guys legendary status is mentioned.

The Spanish authorities have been complicit in turning a blind eye to massive tax evasion by clubs for years, especially Real Madrid and Barcelona running to hundreds of millions of Euros ... the same authorities who went cap in hand to the European central bank looking for a hand out when the economic jobby hit the fan. Quite a few members of the European parliament weren't slow to point this state of affairs out to them.

Even now I read somewhere that the combined deals offered by Real Madrid to Ronaldo and Bale equates to nearly 100% of the clubs annual income, which begs the question, where the hell are the other hundreds of millions coming from they need to pay the rest of the squad?

Even if the Ronaldo / Bale stories are wrong details of what they pay their first team squad were leaked recently and the annual wage bill just for that is over 1000 million pounds a year .... in the 15/16 season the clubs revenue was way short of that at 620 million Euros, not even pounds.

I'm no financial genius, but perhaps someone can tell me how a club whose annual revenue falls miles short of its wage bill, in fact miles and miles short if you consider all of the staff it employs in total can be a going concern?

BSEJVT
26-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Fitba is full of bloody greedy crooks, especially at the top ... in fact the more money they make the more they try to avoid paying in tax. I see Neymar is the latest following Messi's court case, this time the Brazilian authorities are prosecuting him over 11 million quids worth of undeclared earnings and looking for jail time and / or a fine of 36 million quid.

No doubt he will squirm out of it just like Messi did .... At least the German authorities are on the ball when it comes to their crooks and prepared to say 'so what' when the guys legendary status is mentioned.

The Spanish authorities have been complicit in turning a blind eye to massive tax evasion by clubs for years, especially Real Madrid and Barcelona running to hundreds of millions of Euros ... the same authorities who went cap in hand to the European central bank looking for a hand out when the economic jobby hit the fan. Quite a few members of the European parliament weren't slow to point this state of affairs out to them.

Even now I read somewhere that the combined deals offered by Real Madrid to Ronaldo and Bale equates to nearly 100% of the clubs annual income, which begs the question, where the hell are the other hundreds of millions coming from they need to pay the rest of the squad?

Even if the Ronaldo / Bale stories are wrong details of what they pay their first team squad were leaked recently and the annual wage bill just for that is over 1000 million pounds a year .... in the 15/16 season the clubs revenue was way short of that at 620 million Euros, not even pounds.

I'm no financial genius, but perhaps someone can tell me how a club whose annual revenue falls miles short of its wage bill, in fact miles and miles short if you consider all of the staff it employs in total can be a going concern?

I remember reading that when Liverpool signed Collymore they paid more than their entire annual turnover to do so.

I think it was at that time that I realised the game was screwed beyond belief.

If nothing else Sky falling out of love with Scottish Football and the raft of administrations which have subsequently followed have returned most Scottish teams to living within their means.

Whilst there is no question that standards have suffered doubly as a result with most right thinking teams not just having to make ends meet but repay accrued debts, I am hopeful that things will improve as that works through the system.

The great tragedy for Scottish Football is that those that behaved worst escaped with their ill gotten gains, very little in the way of sanctions and emerged at the other side shorn of most of the debts those right thinking teams still carry to some degree or another.

Who says crime doesn't pay?

Highland_Hibee
27-11-2016, 12:22 AM
Always root against Bayern, can't stand how they appear so highly respected in Germany yet they buy away any competition within the league. Always had a soft spot for Dortmund. Like their strips, like their fans, like how they can be considered "giants" yet they still fight the depressing new age of football as a "selling club".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgl07
27-11-2016, 12:29 AM

Hearts got away with it for years?

CyberSauzee
27-11-2016, 01:13 AM
He's served his time for tax evasion. He's out. Bayern Munich supporters vote for him. Whatever you think about the guy personally if he's been elected/re-elected then that's 'democracy' in fan owned clubs.

NAE NOOKIE
27-11-2016, 01:22 AM
Hearts got away with it for years?

Yeh, but comparing Hertz crookery to Real Madrid is like comparing a handbag snatcher to the Brinks Mat robbery .... why is nobody asking where Real are getting the money from ...... their 'revenue' which is the total income received by a business over a specific period EG the accounting year is absolutely dwarfed by their outgoings.

As I said, the clubs own publicity says its 'revenue' for 15/16 was 620 million Euros, but their first team squad wage bill which includes the latest deals for Bale and Ronaldo is nearly double that .... I cant understand why they are not in financial meltdown.

Somebody mentioned Borussia Dortmund a club which appears to be well run these days, and as was pointed out are a selling club, even though they get the highest average attendance in world football ...... if I was a club like that I would be asking how it is that Real Madrid can so vastly outspend them when their income is so way below what they should be able to afford.

Ryan69
27-11-2016, 01:57 AM

Every year...they get a choice of player too!

Are you aware that Bayern also saved Dortmunds existence?

Now we will pay...but we get him!

Every year they get the player of their choice!!;)

Talk about corruption.

Deansy
27-11-2016, 06:22 AM
the gorgie mob "pilfered" around the same figure you mention of Bayern.theirs was mainly from Lithuanian pentioners, UK taxpayers and City of Edinburgh council tax payers though.

If you take into account the numerous 'Debt for Equity' deals they did, along with other 'deals', the actual amount of their '30+ years of other people's money' comes to just over £100m.

Keith_M
27-11-2016, 08:15 AM
He's served his time for tax evasion. He's out. Bayern Munich supporters vote for him. Whatever you think about the guy personally if he's been elected/re-elected then that's 'democracy' in fan owned clubs.

I knew this would be the reply of some and, while I agree he has done his time, that really wasn't the point I was making.

He's a crook, a convicted felon, somebody who considers that the little man should pay his taxes but people like him are above such trivialities. He continually lied and has shown no remorse. He has been backed by his compatriots in places of power and excused at every turn by his friends.

He is the head of an organisation that proclaims that it is their 'ethos' and high principles (guffaw) that got them where they are, while nobbling every other club in the same manner as Rangers and Celtc have done over here.

Even with all that, he has been given a heroes welcome by the Fans and shareholders.

If that's the kind of person you would treat as a hero, then fair enough, that's your choice.

CropleyWasGod
27-11-2016, 08:18 AM

This might help.

A quick overview suggests a €42m profit last year, and Net Assets of €400m.

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/members/member-card/annual-reports

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Hibs Class
28-11-2016, 11:32 AM
The German FA's fit and proper person test is clearly on a par with the one the SFA use

Smartie
28-11-2016, 11:37 AM
It never ceased to amaze me that having a decent stint playing for a football team totally blinds fans of that club to pretty much any wrongdoing that that player might do at other times in their life.

Whereas, nowadays a manager can't have a slightly iffy run of 10 games or so without getting the angry mob on his back.