PDA

View Full Version : dundee utd game in london

greglauder
26-11-2016, 12:08 PM
in London for the dundee utd game on friday, does anyone know any pubs that will show it and where they are?

cheers

Pretty Boy
26-11-2016, 12:15 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?316493-Quinn-s-(Piano-Bar)-for-Dundee-Utd-(away)-Friday-2nd-Dec-19-45-KO&p=4865274#post4865274

Off the bar
26-11-2016, 12:15 PM
Quinns in Kentish town is your best bet, there's a thread in the London hibs forum with all the details and the menu. No jeans or trainers mind, they can get a bit snitty on the door if you're not togged up suitably.

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2016, 12:23 PM
Quinns in Kentish town is your best bet, there's a thread in the London hibs forum with all the details and the menu. No jeans or trainers mind, they can get a bit snitty on the door if you're not togged up suitably.

If only bars closer to the stadium maintained proper Hibernian standards.

BigT-Hibeez
26-11-2016, 01:28 PM
in London for the dundee utd game on friday, does anyone know any pubs that will show it and where they are?

cheers

My local will show it if I ask nicely, puts it on in the wee back room I usually end up sitting alone!!! Old Ale Emporium up in Green Lanes, Haringey..

Lucky_Jim
26-11-2016, 04:18 PM

cheers

Also, I'll be in Dublin during the game, so any suggestions for venues there to watch the game would be appreciated.

Cheers
Jim

CyberSauzee
26-11-2016, 05:37 PM

Jean Claude has said appropriate jeans and trainers are allowed, if, and only if, they are accompanied by a suitably fine cashmere jumper. None of this lambswool or cotton/cashmere mix mind. 100% cashmere only.

Haymaker
26-11-2016, 07:41 PM
Jean Claude has said appropriate jeans and trainers are allowed, if, and only if, they are accompanied by a suitably fine cashmere jumper. None of this lambswool or cotton/cashmere mix mind. 100% cashmere only.

Disappointed to hear that - I'm a strict dress code man when it comes to Quinn's.

NthCarolinaHibs
26-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Also, I'll be in Dublin during the game, so any suggestions for venues there to watch the game would be appreciated.

Cheers
JimMurrays...hunners of telly's in there..

stuart-farquhar
26-11-2016, 09:25 PM

So cheap trousers ok?

jgl07
26-11-2016, 11:29 PM
There will be not many (any?) other matches on a Friday night.

My experience is that you go in and ask.

We were in Athens for last New Year when Hibs were due to play Sevco at Ibrox. We went to the Athens Sports Bar and asked if they were showing the Hibs match. The reply came to the effect that they weren't planning to show it but since we asked they would put it on.

We had cultivated the place by going in a couple of time earlier to establish ourselves as 'regulars'.

Off the bar
27-11-2016, 05:33 AM
So cheap trousers ok?

Should be OK on the door with them, the London hibs crowd as well dressed as we are stand out a bit from the North London elite chattering classes who normally frequent Quinns so don't worry too much you'll be amongst friends!

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-11-2016, 10:57 AM
The Camden hipsters seem to be allowed a bit of leeway when it comes to their attire but, Jean Claude has come to expect a bit of effort and class when it comes to a Hibs fans apparel.