PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you had your hands on the Scottish Cup since May?

Carheenlea
25-11-2016, 03:34 PM
The Persevered Cup tour has quite simply been an extraordinary initiative by the club, taking the cup round supporters clubs, sports clubs and schools, giving thousands of fans the opportunity to admire what was our Holy Grail close up, and for many I'm sure, numerous different opportunities to gaze longingly at it again!
I've had the hands on it four times - official club photo, Time for Heroes film launch, Hibs.net Persevered Tour and on a Persevered Tour at a local school when arrangements were made to take a 95 year old lifelong Hibs fanatic along to see it. With the cup being taken to the Hibs Kids Panto next week, I'll be up to five, so I think I'm doing pretty well!
How's everyone else faring? :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
25-11-2016, 03:53 PM
Just the once, when Hibs brought it along to Gala Fairydean Rovers .... its heavier than it looks :greengrin

DaveF
25-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Twice for me :-)

Pretty Boy
25-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Twice.

Once at the .net night and once down at East Mains where I was like a starstruck teenager because I got to get my picture taken with the cup and David Gray.

hibs0666
25-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Kissed it on two separate occasions now.

I'm in love :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
25-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Kissed it on two separate occasions now.

I'm in love :thumbsup:

Whore :wink:

Just Jimmy
25-11-2016, 04:47 PM
None. Not a single date worked for my work for the photo shoot and I've not been able to find out where to see it on the tour. I thought Fife was supposed to be included? Have I just missed it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HappyAsHellas
25-11-2016, 04:51 PM
Lucky enough to have had my grubby mitts on it four times. If I could manage another 8 somehow it'd make a great calendar.

lyonhibs
25-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Once. The photoshoot after the Dundee Utd game miraculously coincided with a trip home for a stag.

Well chuffed so I was. It's a thing of beauty

hibee_girl
25-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Twice, the official photo and at the .net night at east mains.

Hermit Crab
25-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Just once and thats enough. Don't get the folk that have to touch it, kiss it, hold it at every opportunity.

JohnMcM
25-11-2016, 05:01 PM
Purely out of interest.

Who can tell us this. Who was the first hibs supporter to have their photo taken with the cup after 21/5/16?

MSK
25-11-2016, 05:08 PM
Purely out of interest.

Who can tell us this. Who was the first hibs supporter to have their photo taken with the cup after 21/5/16?Paul Hanlon 😄👍

Galahibby
25-11-2016, 05:08 PM
Only once. But I had Sir David on one side and Paul Hanlon on the other :aok:

Sas_The_Hibby
25-11-2016, 05:11 PM

Are you Zelig?

Carheenlea
25-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Just once and thats enough. Don't get the folk that have to touch it, kiss it, hold it at every opportunity.

I'd have been more than happy to just have experienced the once, but to pass up the opportunity to do so again would have required a stronger will than mine!

Baldy Foghorn
25-11-2016, 05:13 PM

Cheery G:greengrin

Ronniekirk
25-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Twice The most recent at Hampden last night which ginen the location was special

sleeping giant
25-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Twice :greengrin:

Great thread

.Sean.
25-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Twice. Planted a smacker on it tae 😘

.Sean.
25-11-2016, 05:19 PM
You are the most miserable poster on this forum by an absolute mile and that really is saying something :faf:

Sas_The_Hibby
25-11-2016, 05:22 PM
You are the most miserable poster on this forum by an absolute mile and that really is saying something :faf:

You've just sent out a real challenge to all us miserable old gits! :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
25-11-2016, 05:25 PM

You really need a ride, mate.

Kojock
25-11-2016, 05:27 PM
Four times. Just cause I happen to have been where the Cup has been

Hermit Crab
25-11-2016, 05:29 PM

You used to be a stroppy teen on this when you first started posting.

SaulGoodman

Are you Lewis Stevenson?

scoopyboy

Quote of the week Brian, subtle as a brick as ever.

Hermit Crab
25-11-2016, 05:30 PM

But completely inaccurate :wink:

.Sean.
25-11-2016, 05:30 PM
You used to be a stroppy teen on this when you first started posting.Well I'm 26 now so I'd like to think I'm slowly moving away from that stage :greengrin

Kojock
25-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Anybody can touch the Scottish Cup. I can lay claim to having touched, worn and kissed 5 Hibernian Scottish Cup WINNERS medals. Na na na na na :-)

Alex Trager
25-11-2016, 05:51 PM
Five times for me :)

Alex Trager
25-11-2016, 05:55 PM

He could argue that he is busy riding and all of those with five touches of the trophy - me - need a ride.

Just a thought ;)

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2016, 06:20 PM
None. :boo hoo:They don't appear to have any opportunities to have your picture taken on a Saturday.

GreenArmyyy!
25-11-2016, 06:23 PM
Five times, one medal around my neck and lifted it once! What a feeling!

Tobias Funke
25-11-2016, 06:23 PM
You used to be a stroppy teen on this when you first started posting.

Better a stroppy teen than a torn face disaster. Your glass is completely and utterly empty.

Squealing pig
25-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Zero :(

northstandhibby
25-11-2016, 06:31 PM
Just the once, when Hibs brought it along to Gala Fairydean Rovers .... its heavier than it looks :greengrin

Still more times than the newco huns have :greengrin.

Silver Fox
25-11-2016, 06:34 PM
I paid to get my photo taken with it and enjoyed the experience but I was off work on holiday last week and made a concerted effort to try and catch up with it on the persevered tour, I had seen on the website it listed as being at Livingston village on the Tuesday and Four in hand on the Thursday.

I emailed the contact us page and asked for more clarification where and when it could be seen on either of these two stops on the tour but still haven't had a reply.

I phoned the number on the website which turned out to be Hibs reception desk, the lady on the phone was nice, she said she had no idea but would try and find out and call me back, she did call me back but was to say she was unable to find out anything for me.

I tweeted Hibs official and separately to the supporter on the board and never had a reply from either of them but watched on twitter with interest nice photo's as it continued on it's tour but resigned myself to not getting the pleasure of seeing it at close hand again unfortunately and fully admit to being slightly envious of the posters who have had multiple encounters with the famous trophy.

Hermit Crab
25-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Better a stroppy teen than a torn face disaster. Your glass is completely and utterly empty.

If you say so! See you at Tannadice :aok:

Cabbage East
25-11-2016, 07:02 PM

Your posts are always such a pleasure to read.

Killiehibbie
25-11-2016, 07:03 PM
Just the once but it was at Hampden, wanted to take on the lap of honour but Frank wouldn't let us.

Baldy Foghorn
25-11-2016, 07:05 PM
Just the once but it was at Hampden, wanted to take on the lap of honour but Frank wouldn't let us.

Did I miss this:greengrin

Killiehibbie
25-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Did I miss this:greengrin
We said jokingly that we should do the lap of honour denied us on the day.Could've quickly got it on SSN as it was playing in the ground as we left:greengrin

SRHibs
25-11-2016, 07:14 PM
None, but I'm ok with that. Just glad I was there on the day!

Mr White
25-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Just the once at easter road with my boy on the glorious 12th of July. There was no way I was staying in NI for that day anyway but what better alternative than standing in the famous five concourse with our paws on the Scottish Cup

:flag:

jgl07
25-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Twice.

Once at Easter Road for the photo session and once at the Jewel Miners Welfare Club.

Scouse Hibee
25-11-2016, 08:01 PM
Never,have touched every major trophy in English and European football and been photographed with them but touching the Scottish Cup wouldn't bring any added value to me. I was there on the day we won it, that experience was priceless nothing else matters

CallumLaidlaw
25-11-2016, 08:08 PM
None. Not a single date worked for my work for the photo shoot and I've not been able to find out where to see it on the tour. I thought Fife was supposed to be included? Have I just missed it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's at pitreavie sports centre from 7.30pm this Monday. Get yourself down [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
25-11-2016, 08:10 PM
2 times I've actually touched it. 4 times I've had photos with it. At hospitality and one of the Scottish cup parties it wasn't allowed out of the Perspex box. Going to see it again on Monday tho. I wonder who the guy is that's trying to have 114 different pictures with it is.

fat freddy
25-11-2016, 09:11 PM
Been too busy, still haven't had the pleasure, hopefully do the deed over the Xmas holidays if possible. Are any dates / venues in the pipeline?

Albanian Hibs
25-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Twice at different photo sessions at ER
Once at the .net night at the Jewel Miners
Once at Inch park community centre with Darren McGregor (and I got to kiss both of them!)

So 4 times!!

JeMeSouviens
25-11-2016, 09:36 PM
You're all really at zero. The real thing is safely tucked up at Hampden. :wink:

Andy74
25-11-2016, 09:42 PM
Have had no desire to go near it since seeing it during the parade. I didn't win it so don't really need my photo taken with it.

Itsnoteasy
25-11-2016, 10:20 PM

Snap

hibby6270
25-11-2016, 11:43 PM
Twice.

Official photo session and also on a stadium tour.

Jones28
25-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Once at the viewing of Time For Heroes, and that will do me 💚

Pedantic_Hibee
26-11-2016, 12:08 AM

I daresay I dived in with two feet on that one. Apologies, HC. But you really are a miserable sod.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-11-2016, 12:09 AM
For the purpose of the thread, I've never touched it. I didn't even see us lift it as I was crying like a bairn.

I don't need to touch, knowing that we won it is more than enough for me.

lyonhibs
26-11-2016, 01:35 AM

I'm one up on you in terms of touching the thing, but what I wouldn't have given to have been there on 21.05..................

southsider
26-11-2016, 10:07 AM
4 times. ER shoot with my brothers and nephew. Lewis Stevenson dinner with my family. Pic with Lewis at same dinner. Pic with my mrs in games room at Hibs Club. Got pictures of the all.

Slim Shady
26-11-2016, 11:08 AM
I paid to get my photo taken with it and enjoyed the experience but I was off work on holiday last week and made a concerted effort to try and catch up with it on the persevered tour, I had seen on the website it listed as being at Livingston village on the Tuesday and Four in hand on the Thursday.

I emailed the contact us page and asked for more clarification where and when it could be seen on either of these two stops on the tour but still haven't had a reply.

I phoned the number on the website which turned out to be Hibs reception desk, the lady on the phone was nice, she said she had no idea but would try and find out and call me back, she did call me back but was to say she was unable to find out anything for me.

I tweeted Hibs official and separately to the supporter on the board and never had a reply from either of them but watched on twitter with interest nice photo's as it continued on it's tour but resigned myself to not getting the pleasure of seeing it at close hand again unfortunately and fully admit to being slightly envious of the posters who have had multiple encounters with the famous trophy.

Where do you stay?

Silver Fox
26-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Where do you stay?

Oxgangs in Edinburgh

leither17
26-11-2016, 11:37 AM
0 I seen us win it at Hampden that was enough for me

hibeenicol
27-11-2016, 08:23 AM
It's at pitreavie sports centre from 7.30pm this Monday. Get yourself down [emoji106]

Do you just turn up to this event Callum? Do you know if it'll be going anywhere else in Fife?

Carheenlea
08-12-2016, 07:16 PM
The Persevered Cup tour has quite simply been an extraordinary initiative by the club, taking the cup round supporters clubs, sports clubs and schools, giving thousands of fans the opportunity to admire what was our Holy Grail close up, and for many I'm sure, numerous different opportunities to gaze longingly at it again!
I've had the hands on it four times - official club photo, Time for Heroes film launch, Hibs.net Persevered Tour and on a Persevered Tour at a local school when arrangements were made to take a 95 year old lifelong Hibs fanatic along to see it. With the cup being taken to the Hibs Kids Panto next week, I'll be up to five, so I think I'm doing pretty well!

Just to emphasise how terrific this Cup tour has been, the elderly lifelong Hibernian fanatic we took along has sadly now passed away. She was not fit enough to travel to Easter Road to see the trophy, but this tour enabled her to embrace the trophy in our home town. Her family said she never talked about anything else in the days before and after her visit, and it was her to be her last outing in a long life.

Jonnyboy
08-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Just to emphasise how terrific this Cup tour has been, the elderly lifelong Hibernian fanatic we took along has sadly now passed away. She was not fit enough to travel to Easter Road to see the trophy, but this tour enabled her to embrace the trophy in our home town. Her family said she never talked about anything else in the days before and after her visit, and it was her to be her last outing in a long life.

A sad but very touching post :agree:

Big_D
08-12-2016, 09:28 PM
First time tonight

Brightside
08-12-2016, 09:41 PM
4. I'll wait for the next one.

Juice-Terry
08-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Sorry, didn't read the whole thing, but Amit told me at the St Pat's do at the Hibs Club tonight that some dude has made it his mission to attend all 114 Persevere events. So if he completes his mission his answer to the OP will be 114.

Frazerbob
08-12-2016, 10:18 PM
Sorry, didn't read the whole thing, but Amit told me at the St Pat's do at the Hibs Club tonight that some dude has made it his mission to attend all 114 Persevere events. So if he completes his mission his answer to the OP will be 114.

They're now aiming for 228 events on the tour before it stops next month. They've already surpassed the 114 originally intended. The story I think you're referring to is the fan who is trying get 114 photos with the cup.

jodjam
08-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Carrick Knowe bowling club on Tuesday. As it's close by to the house I will pop along for another fumble

Sir David Gray
08-12-2016, 10:49 PM
Just the once during the photoshoot back in June.

That was enough for me, couldn't actually believe it was happening at the time.

Juice-Terry
09-12-2016, 06:19 AM
They're now aiming for 228 events on the tour before it stops next month. They've already surpassed the 114 originally intended. The story I think you're referring to is the fan who is trying get 114 photos with the cup.

Yes, that's probably it - at 114 different locations.

Gingertosser
09-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Never had a photo with the cup....yet.

Getting it today...in 1.5 hours.

Excited doesn't cover it :flag:

Bristolhibby
09-12-2016, 10:28 AM
A big fat 0 for me. Desperate to get my photo taken.

J

BSEJVT
09-12-2016, 11:49 AM

Not that it needed any justification, but had it done so, this one outcome alone would have justified it.

What Hibs have done in undertaking this tour is amazing and has helped bring people and communities together.

The goodwill of all involved in organising the individual events in ensuring that everyone who wanted to see and touch the cup got to and especially from the club, its employees and directors gladdens your heart.

I have never been prouder to be a Hibs supporter.

The Green Goblin
09-12-2016, 09:17 PM

None. None of the photo dates coincided with the dates I was back over since the final. Just bad luck, that's all. I e-mailed to ask about the possibility of getting one on a couple of different weekends I was back home and going to ER - it wasn't an official photo day, but I said I would use my own camera and explained I lived overseas...I offered to pay normal price etc. but nothing came of it. I am okay about it though. For me, after so many heartbreaks, and like everyone else after a lifetime of supporting Hibs, for me, it was 100% about being there at the game when it happened. As long as I could experience it, I could die happy. The fact that I was there, and that I lived to see it was what mattered to me. It has been great to see so many people looking so happy with the cup, and the Persevered tour is a wonderful idea.