PDA

View Full Version : McGeouch & Bartley

TheFamous1875
25-11-2016, 10:36 AM
How will they fare as out midfield pairing for the foreseeable future? Do their respective games compliment each other or stifle one another? What set-up should they play in? Is there any alternative to this pairing? With McGinn & Fyvie both out, I hope Lennon can come up with a solution.

woodythehibee
25-11-2016, 10:51 AM
I like both Dylan and Marv, but McGinn and Fyvie are a better partnership IMO.

Marv can sit and do all the dirty work which will hopefully allow Dylan to drive forward and make things happen. On paper, it should work.

The alternative would be to switch back to 442, but I think Lennon is reluctant to do so as our form and performance has improved since switching to 352.

I am pretty gutted that we will be losing our two best midfielders for both matches against Utd. Marv & Dylan should be able to cope though. :flag:

jacomo
25-11-2016, 10:57 AM
I think they'll be fine.

Marv is useful and Dylan is a smart footballer. If anything, he is constrained by playing alongside a more creative player (like when Scott Allan would hog the ball!)

Billychaotic182
25-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Might be risky but I want to see Scott Martin given a chance

Andy74
25-11-2016, 11:03 AM
Don't see much of a problem. Bartley is unlucky not to be playing anyway as he should not have been sent off in those games but it led to others getting chances.

McGeough is only a problem fitness wise, otherwise he is probably our most creative player.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2016, 11:09 AM
Biggest problem with Bartley coming in is that we don't really need him in the team when playing 3 at the back IMO.

We are already playing with 5 players who are effectively defenders. Bartley is good at what he does but in that system it's not really needed

Diclonius
25-11-2016, 11:21 AM
McGeouch, Martin and Shinnie could work. I agree, Bartley in a 3-5-2 is way too defensive. Either stick him in a 4-4-2 or put Martin in.

Andy74
25-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Biggest problem with Bartley coming in is that we don't really need him in the team when playing 3 at the back IMO.

We are already playing with 5 players who are effectively defenders. Bartley is good at what he does but in that system it's not really needed

Tell that to Matty Jack!

B.H.F.C
25-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Tell that to Matty Jack!

The Matty Jack that had Sauzee behind him to come out with the ball. Big Lauraen to his left who was a superb player. Latapy in front of him. John O'Neil next to him who regularly chipped in with goals.

Bartley in that system with players around him regularly chipping in and creating is fine. I don't mind Bartley but think with the players he has around him, playing in that system makes us too defensive.

Andy74
25-11-2016, 11:37 AM
The Matty Jack that had Sauzee behind him to come out with the ball. Big Lauraen to his left who was a superb player. Latapy in front of him. John O'Neil next to him who regularly chipped in with goals.

Yes but he was a defensive midfielder playing that role with a back three behind him which is specifically what your saying isn't needed. It's the basis for how that team played in that system.

You could argue that as you only really have 3 proper defenders instead of 4 and your centre backs are split across the park that it is ansoltjeynideal to have a player sitting deeper in midfield to protect and drop in.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Yes but he was a defensive midfielder playing that role with a back three behind him which is specifically what your saying isn't needed. It's the basis for how that team played in that system.

You could argue that as you only really have 3 proper defenders instead of 4 and your centre backs are split across the park that it is ansoltjeynideal to have a player sitting deeper in midfield to protect and drop in.

Last year, on most occasions we went with the 3 at the back, he was the one that missed out. Same again this year.

To me that is because he is the most limited on the ball. In this league, against the standard of opposition we are playing against, I don't believe we need to play a player, whose strengths lie in the defensive side of the game when playing with the 3 at the back.

The Matty Jack comparison doesn't stack up for me. Surrounded by far better players and playing at a time when the Scotish game had a few decent players in it. I never said that you should never play with a more defensive minded midfielder if playing a back 3. But at this moment in time, I don't think we need to.

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2016, 12:09 PM
Bartley cant pass the ball more than 5 yards which is a problem when you play 5 defenders. I'd have Martin before him for United. Bartley is great in games that become a scrappy fight (like Hearts in the cup) but he struggles when we need to play football.

Andy74
25-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Last year, on most occasions we went with the 3 at the back, he was the one that missed out. Same again this year.

To me that is because he is the most limited on the ball. In this league, against the standard of opposition we are playing against, I don't believe we need to play a player, whose strengths lie in the defensive side of the game when playing with the 3 at the back.

The Matty Jack comparison doesn't stack up for me. Surrounded by far better players and playing at a time when the Scotish game had a few decent players in it. I never said that you should never play with a more defensive minded midfielder if playing a back 3. But at this moment in time, I don't think we need to.

Turning it round to attacking in that system we have two other central midfield players to pass and create, two wide players to attack and two forwards.

That's why Jack was ideal, he won it and moved it on. Bartley does the same. When playing with just 3 at the back you don't need the 7 others to all be creative types.

JDHibs
25-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Id play McGeouch and Martin rather than McGeouch and Bartley.

Bartley is wasted when we play 3 at the back because he offers so little going forward. Hes an excellent defensive midfielder, but shouldnt be needed in this league.

Martin is more box to box, brings the same energy if not more than Fyvie or McGinn and it should let McGeouch dictate play which is what he wants to do.

HibsNutter
25-11-2016, 12:54 PM
The fact we're still going to be able to put out a midfield three of Bartley, McGeouch, Shinnie if McGinn and Fyvie are out speaks volumes for our squad depth.

Brightside
25-11-2016, 01:29 PM
We don't need Bartley in the majority of these games. I'd much rather have the energy of Martin in there with Dylan.

Andy74
25-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Id play McGeouch and Martin rather than McGeouch and Bartley.

Bartley is wasted when we play 3 at the back because he offers so little going forward. Hes an excellent defensive midfielder, but shouldnt be needed in this league.

Martin is more box to box, brings the same energy if not more than Fyvie or McGinn and it should let McGeouch dictate play which is what he wants to do.

The reality of this league is that there are plenty of midfield battles and Bartley has been pretty important in the games he has played.

PeeJay
25-11-2016, 01:30 PM
How will they fare as out midfield pairing for the foreseeable future? Do their respective games compliment each other or stifle one another? What set-up should they play in? Is there any alternative to this pairing? With McGinn & Fyvie both out, I hope Lennon can come up with a solution.

They won't! McGeouch is far too injury prone for us to count on him in the forseeable future: this "pairing" will hardly play together, if at all IMO. Pity, as McGeouch is a pretty decent footballer ...

PiemanP
25-11-2016, 01:34 PM
A vote for Martin here. if Fyvie is out for a while this could be his time to shine.

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2016, 01:35 PM
They won't! McGeouch is far too injury prone for us to count on him in the forseeable future: this "pairing" will hardly play together, if at all IMO. Pity, as McGeouch is a pretty decent footballer ...Keeping a positive outlook, I respect that.

California-Hibs
25-11-2016, 01:39 PM
How long is Fyvie out? I thought he had an outside chance of making the United game? And If he doesn't, then he'll for sure come firmly into contention the next week? That was my thinking..

PeeJay
25-11-2016, 01:39 PM
Keeping a positive outlook, I respect that.

Just being realistic - do you seriously think it is going to be any way other than I suggested - based on what, I wonder?

LaMotta
25-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Bartley cant pass the ball more than 5 yards which is a problem when you play 5 defenders. I'd have Martin before him for United. Bartley is great in games that become a scrappy fight (like Hearts in the cup) but he struggles when we need to play football.

I've seen this comment a few times but I think that's pretty unfair on Bartley and that he is a better footballer than some make out. Will be watching with interest over the coming weeks to see how valid that criticism is.

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Just being realistic - do you seriously think it is going to be any way other than I suggested - based on what, I wonder? Many examples of players who struggled with injuries getting over it.

NAE NOOKIE
25-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Big Marv is great in tough cup ties and the like, but as folk are saying he's not the most creative going forward. Lennon had enough confidence in Scott Martin to play him away to Falkirk and the lad played very well against Birmingham City, I wouldn't be upset to see his name on the team sheet.

My big worry is that McGeouch is now becoming vital to our progress in the next two months and that's not good news considering the guy cant seem to string more than a handful of games together without getting injured or being affected by his ongoing groin problem, which is a pity because when fit he's a top top performer for us.

J-C
25-11-2016, 01:52 PM
I like big Marvin as a person but I was hoping Martin would've had a few games by now, even if just as a sub. In the system we play Scott Martin would be a better choice than Bartley but Lennon obviously doesn't think he's ready.

mjhibby
25-11-2016, 01:54 PM
The fact we're still going to be able to put out a midfield three of Bartley, McGeouch, Shinnie if McGinn and Fyvie are out speaks volumes for our squad depth.

No issue with Bartley and McGeoch. Last season they dovetailed very well and we missed Marvin when he was sent off in both games. The onus is now on sir David and Lewis to deliver good quality crosses and the goals will come and Marvin will help keep the back door shut. It will be a tight game against united and Marvin will be suited by the game and shinnie and Boyle hopefully will provide the finish.

PeeJay
25-11-2016, 01:55 PM
Many examples of players who struggled with injuries getting over it.

He's a good footballer, must be tough being injured so often - I hope you are right in his case ...

Big L
25-11-2016, 09:54 PM
I would consider putting Lewis Stevenson in to McGinn's position. Before the s******ing starts, I think I'm right when I say that the last time he played there he was voted the supporters player of the year. Crane could take the LB position.

Broken Gnome
25-11-2016, 09:56 PM
I would consider putting Lewis Stevenson in to McGinn's position. Before the s******ing starts, I think I'm right when I say that the last time he played there he was voted the supporters player of the year. Crane could take the LB position.

You didn't say we couldn't s****** though, right?? :greengrin

Big L
25-11-2016, 10:22 PM
One thing you won't s****** at is the effort Stevenson puts in week after week. He never ever gives less than 100% every time he put on a Hibs jersey. He's been playing out of position to help the team for some time now. Might just be the answer to get us thru what might be a tricky period.

northstandhibby
25-11-2016, 10:30 PM
One thing you won't s****** at is the effort Stevenson puts in week after week. He never ever gives less than 100% every time he put on a Hibs jersey. He's been playing out of position to help the team for some time now. Might just be the answer to get us thru what might be a tricky period.

:top marks

However I think it would be a change of formation would be better suited.

Marciano

Gray Mcgregor Hanlon Stevenson

Fontaine

Mcgeouch Bartley Shinnie

Boyle and either Graham/Cummings/Holt

A 4 1 3 2

If they are all fit of course. I'm not a football manager of any kind but Stevenson in midfield would not be my choice I'm afraid.

Andy74
25-11-2016, 10:34 PM

Out of position? He started as a left back, played a little bit in midfield and many years again now at left back. I think he is in his position.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2016, 10:37 PM

Wouldn't really say he's been playing out of position. When he first came in to the team I'm pretty sure it was at left back before Collins converted him to midfield.

If I'm wrong and he is actually a midfielder then I'd say being able to play left back has helped him more than the other way about. Because with the midfielders we've had in the last couple of years he'd have been nowhere near the starting 11.

Nicho87
25-11-2016, 10:43 PM
Team will be

Marciano

Gray Mcgregor Hanlon Fontaine Lewis

Dylan Shinnie Bartley

Boyle Holt/Graham

Big L
25-11-2016, 10:48 PM
Wouldn't really say he's been playing out of position. When he first came in to the team I'm pretty sure it was at left back before Collins converted him to midfield.

If I'm wrong and he is actually a midfielder then I'd say being able to play left back has helped him more than the other way about. Because with the midfielders we've had in the last couple of years he'd have been nowhere near the starting 11.
We won the cup under Collins, Stevenson played midfield and was man of the match.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2016, 10:52 PM
We won the cup under Collins, Stevenson played midfield and was man of the match.

In 2007. With a fully fit, current day squad, wouldn Stevenson play in midfield?

Now I didn't say that he couldn't do us a job if we are short on bodies. I just disagreed with your point that he has been playing out of position at left back. Actually, I remember the very same John Collins bringing him on at left back in the semi final at Tynecastle and pushing Murphy in to midfield.

Andy74
25-11-2016, 10:56 PM

Aye but it was a fairly brief period playing midfield compared to the rest of his career where he has played mainly at left back.

Big L
25-11-2016, 11:09 PM
Brief period! MOM 2007Cup final player of the year 2012.

bordergreen
25-11-2016, 11:28 PM

Dylan McGeouch is a way underrated footballer, and member of our squad. Yes he is injury prone, that can't be denied. But when he is on his game, we look like a completely different team. Who else do we have who always looks to collect the ball from defenders and distributes it as well as he does?

Bartley is also a very good player. Solid, doesn't give the ball away. Beside McGeouch, should be a good pairing. It is unfortunate they are having to find their feet together. Hopefully Lennon does his job and has both of them wanting to bury DUFC. 3-0 Hibees!

Heisenberg
25-11-2016, 11:37 PM
Dylan McGeouch is a way underrated footballer, and member of our squad. Yes he is injury prone, that can't be denied. But when he is on his game, we look like a completely different team. Who else do we have who always looks to collect the ball from defenders and distributes it as well as he does?

Bartley is also a very good player. Solid, doesn't give the ball away. Beside McGeouch, should be a good pairing. It is unfortunate they are having to find their feet together. Hopefully Lennon does his job and has both of them wanting to bury DUFC. 3-0 Hibees!

I think everyone recognises that McGeough is a good player. He will never play for a sustained run of games though, which is a major drawback. What use is he starting a game before having to get hooked ten minutes in?

I like Dylan, Scottish cup winning legend after all. I just can't see him lasting.

scoopyboy
25-11-2016, 11:48 PM

I agree but that should be a given for any player.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2016, 11:48 PM

Think 95% of people who post here would all agree McGeough is a good player. But he's no good to us when he's only available for a few games at a time.

scoopyboy
25-11-2016, 11:52 PM
I think everyone recognises that McGeough is a good player. He will never play for a sustained run of games though, which is a major drawback. What use is he starting a game before having to get hooked ten minutes in?

I like Dylan, Scottish cup winning legend after all. I just can't see him lasting.

Better lasting 10 minutes starting a game than lasting 10 minutes after coming on as a sub and having to be subbed.

I have the same doubts, though I can remember years ago people saying the same about Ryan Giggs and he eventually got over it.

northstandhibby
25-11-2016, 11:54 PM
Better lasting 10 minutes starting a game than lasting 10 minutes after coming on as a sub and having to be subbed.

I have the same doubts, though I can remember years ago people saying the same about Ryan Giggs and he eventually got over it.

I think I remember it was his brother who came on as the sub?

Frank Moon
25-11-2016, 11:55 PM
Out of position? He started as a left back, played a little bit in midfield and many years again now at left back. I think he is in his position.

Dunfermline youth coach told me a couple of years ago when he was an up and coming youngster he was a forward thinking midfielder who was positive and pushed for goals. So not sure he did start out as a left back

Andy74
26-11-2016, 12:01 AM
Dunfermline youth coach told me a couple of years ago when he was an up and coming youngster he was a forward thinking midfielder who was positive and pushed for goals. So not sure he did start out as a left back

At Hibs he did. Made his first starts in and around the first team preseason in France one year at left back.

scoopyboy
26-11-2016, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a player in to get us through to the January window.

Heisenberg
26-11-2016, 12:11 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a player in to get us through to the January window.

Hendo please :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2016, 12:15 AM
It's obvious that there is a lot riding on McGeouch in the games between now and February -not so much his ability, but his fitness. Let's not pretend that losing both McGinn and Fyvie isn't a huge blow. I'm hoping that we are still right up at the top when they return, then I think we'll win it.

Can't see a skoosh now though.

scoopyboy
26-11-2016, 12:15 AM
Hendo please :greengrin

:greengrin:greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
26-11-2016, 01:11 AM
:greengrin:greengrin

No way, Scoops? Hendo? Now?

Mibbes Aye
26-11-2016, 01:34 AM
I had a look at McGeouch's appearances on Soccerbase and it's not nearly as stop-start as some posts on here suggest. He has injuries to deal with, no doubt,but when he's available he tends to play for a decent run, albeit maybe not 90 minutes every time.

I think the point is he isn't a player we have for four games, lose for four games ad infinitum. His history with Hibs is longer runs.

He's a player we have who we know is vulnerable and is an easy target,tacklewise, due to his style of play and position, but nevertheless is a player who when fit tends to have a run of two-three months. As alluded to in an earlier post, sometimes players grow out,or adapt to conditions.

What's certain for me is he would be the hardest player to replace in the current squad. He's the one we miss most when not there, but in a way that's harder to notice - we can get by without him but we rarely really shine without him.

When he's sitting in the midfield it opens up everywhere else on the pitch.

Big_Franck
26-11-2016, 09:59 AM
With both McGinn and Fyvie out for around two months I fear we're going to really struggle. We'll need to rely even more so on the attacking threat of our two wing backs, and we know how those attacks normally end. We can't really move to a 4 man midfield either as we have no left midfielder/winger in the squad. I have no confidence in McGeouch being able to play more than 3 games in a row without getting injured either. The next two months are going to be crucial and we'll really need to grind out results.

BoomtownHibees
26-11-2016, 11:10 AM
With both McGinn and Fyvie out for around two months I fear we're going to really struggle. We'll need to rely even more so on the attacking threat of our two wing backs, and we know how those attacks normally end. We can't really move to a 4 man midfield either as we have no left midfielder/winger in the squad. I have no confidence in McGeouch being able to play more than 3 games in a row without getting injured either. The next two months are going to be crucial and we'll really need to grind out results.

Jeez, grim reading. Can see us being stuck down here for another year now

Silver Fox
26-11-2016, 12:53 PM

The signing of Kris Commons next month may give us a boost! :wink:

Big L
26-11-2016, 03:29 PM
The signing of Kris Commons next month may give us a boost! :wink:

The only way I see that happening is if Celtic pay up his contract or settle with him, at £ 18K a week I don't see Hibs paying half his wages. I would prefer to see Ryan Christie, Hendo or McKsy Stevens.

Bishop Hibee
26-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Christie would be a great loan deal on his ICT form.

J-C
26-11-2016, 07:31 PM

Jeez talk about doom and gloom, you must be wonderful company :confused:

BoomtownHibees
26-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Jeez talk about doom and gloom, you must be wonderful company :confused:

Thanks. Fancy a pint?

Whoosh

Sir David Gray
26-11-2016, 08:13 PM

That's a few times that I've read that about Fyvie on here over the past week and I don't know where it's come from.

Any quotes I've read from Lennon regarding Fyvie's fitness have said that he's hopeful (although not certain) that he'll be fit enough to play next week. :confused:

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2016, 08:16 PM
That's a few times that I've read that about Fyvie on here over the past week and I don't know where it's come from.

Any quotes I've read from Lennon regarding Fyvie's fitness have said that he's hopeful (although not certain) that he'll be fit enough to play next week. :confused:

There might be some doubts about him, but his wife/GF's fitness cannot be called in question.

BSEJVT
26-11-2016, 08:28 PM
I like both Bartley and Dylan and in their own right they are both more than decent players, they are however very different from McGinn & Fyvie

Bartley is brilliant at breaking the play up and tightening us up, but I would agree with those that think him limited creatively. IMO he is more like Fyvie, but without the pass or the ability to break forward to support the attack.

Dylan is a hugely talented footballer who somehow or other needs to find the ability to have a run of games and find form. I would though see him more as a Shinnie replacement than either a replacement for McGinn or Fyvie.

I think that we will certainly miss McGinn's ability to take the ball in, drive forward with it but also his energy to get back and defend, he can also switch the play.

I haven't seen enough of Scott Martin to comment but if both Fyvie & McGinn are out long term my biggest concern would be lack of legs in midfield and getting overrun in a 3 5 2

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-11-2016, 09:01 PM

Said the same to my mate the other day. Would have absolutely no qualms wi Lewis playing centre mid in Mcginn/Fyvie's absence.

As has been pointed out, the system we play I don't believe brings out the best in Bartley. Ideal opportunity to give Crane some game time and see if he does have a future at the club

Big L
27-11-2016, 09:18 AM
Said the same to my mate the other day. Would have absolutely no qualms wi Lewis playing centre mid in Mcginn/Fyvie's absence.

As has been pointed out, the system we play I don't believe brings out the best in Bartley. Ideal opportunity to give Crane some game time and see if he does have a future at the club

FINALLY!!! It's only common sense, if only till the break, Lennon might be able to raid Parkhead and bring Hendo or Christie in.

Andy74
27-11-2016, 12:09 PM
FINALLY!!! It's only common sense, if only till the break, Lennon might be able to raid Parkhead and bring Hendo or Christie in.

It's not really common sense to move your left back or wing back into centre midfield meaning you have to replace him, when you have a decent centre midfield player who had been playing well and in unlucky not to be in the team anyway available.

BSEJVT
27-11-2016, 01:21 PM
It's not really common sense to move your left back or wing back into centre midfield meaning you have to replace him, when you have a decent centre midfield player who had been playing well and in unlucky not to be in the team anyway available.

Have to agree with you Andy

It makes no sense to me either

The team will be disrupted enough without voluntarily adding to that disruption and breaking up the meanest defence in Britain.

bingo70
27-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Stevenson was a terrible centre midfielder.

He ran about a lot but he offered nothing in an attacking sense, he didn't have the confidence or passing ability to boss a game and defensively teams ran all over him.

There's a reason he now finds himself playing left back, the idea of him moving into midfield should and will be a complete non starter.

Big L
27-11-2016, 04:00 PM

He ran about a lot but he offered nothing in an attacking sense, he didn't have the confidence or passing ability to boss a game and defensively teams ran all over him.

There's a reason he now finds himself playing left back, the idea of him moving into midfield should and will be a complete non starter.

He was that bad he was the supporters player of the season the last time he played there. I suggested this because neither McGeough or Barclay are left sided mids and McGeough has never struck me as the kind of guy who gets wired in and would be better in Playing a Shinnie type roll.

MWHIBBIES
27-11-2016, 06:15 PM

There's a reason he now finds himself playing left back, the idea of him moving into midfield should and will be a complete non starter.Teams didn't run all over him defensively. Minus that you have described Bartley.

bingo70
27-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Teams didn't run all over him defensively. Minus that you have described Bartley.

They did IMO and Bartley reads the game a hundred times better than Stevenson did when in that position.

This is why Bartley has had a relatively decent career in that position and Stevenson fell out the team before finding himself being played, and doing OK, at left back.

MWHIBBIES
27-11-2016, 07:53 PM
They did IMO and Bartley reads the game a hundred times better than Stevenson did when in that position.

This is why Bartley has had a relatively decent career in that position and Stevenson fell out the team before finding himself being played, and doing OK, at left back.I can agree Bartley reads the game better and he is better in that position but Lewis wasn't bad. I'd have Martin before both of them, though. Bartley is great when games are really scrappy but Martin is far better on the ball.

bingo70
27-11-2016, 08:08 PM
I can agree Bartley reads the game better and he is better in that position but Lewis wasn't bad. I'd have Martin before both of them, though. Bartley is great when games are really scrappy but Martin is far better on the ball.

I'd love Martin to get a run in the team, he's looked good from what I've seen.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-11-2016, 12:15 AM
I've seen this comment a few times but I think that's pretty unfair on Bartley and that he is a better footballer than some make out. Will be watching with interest over the coming weeks to see how valid that criticism is.

:agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-11-2016, 12:17 AM

Your argument lacks credence here.

GreenCastle
28-11-2016, 12:28 AM
I like Bartley - good pro and top guy.

Agree about his role in a 3-5-2.

In the last development game both Martin and Bartley played and both did fine.

Having watched Martin in a kid of development games and first game of season against Falkirk - he always gives his all and does get stuck in - has he been a stand out no.

Crane / Shaw and a few others have looked good in Dev games.

I wouldn't have an issue with Martin playing as you know you will get 110%. I still think we lack a real creative central midfielder (playmaker) -at the club.

Unseen work
28-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Can't Crane play centre mid too? I'm sure on his return from being injured he played a couple for the development there?

Or was it on the left of a diamond?

Either way.

andrew70
28-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Can't Crane play centre mid too? I'm sure on his return from being injured he played a couple for the development there?

Or was it on the left of a diamond?

Either way.

Crane definitely played midfield last year in some Dev games.

As for this season I believe he's been left back or left hand side of a 3 but haven't been able to attend any games as yet to see how he/they have been performing.

I definitely think he has the potential to be good enough but at the same time I can understand Lennon's reluctance to play him if he feels he's not ready.

Bartley, McGeouch and Martin will suitably cover for Fraser and John IMO with Keatings to return soon also.

Borderhibbie76
29-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Still no.official word on Fyvie injury??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
29-11-2016, 09:37 PM
Still no.official word on Fyvie injury??

Sent from my SM-G920F using TapatalkThere is not one positive to releasing that information.

mjhibby
30-11-2016, 04:06 AM
I think he will push Hanlon in front of a back four with McGeoch and Bartley either side. He may surprise utd by playing Boyle and Cummings. Not ideal having both out but utd have a few injury issues too. I'd take a draw but I think Lennon will go for the win. We have a tremendous away record and should fear no one.

Libby Hibby
30-11-2016, 05:07 AM
I'd play.,.

Marciano

SDG, McGregor, Hanlon, Foantaine, Stevenson

Martin, Bartley, Shinnie

Boyle, Graham

Leaving McGeoch to come on if necessary.

Unfortunately, it looks like he needs to be used sparingly at present and zero point in playing him, then forced to bring in Martin anyway if he does pick up an injury, just bring him in now as he is certainly good enough.

Tyler Durden
30-11-2016, 06:45 AM
He was that bad he was the supporters player of the season the last time he played there. I suggested this because neither McGeough or Barclay are left sided mids and McGeough has never struck me as the kind of guy who gets wired in and would be better in Playing a Shinnie type roll.

Player of the year in a season where we barely avoided relegation and endured the worst result in the clubs history. He won the award as he was committed when few in the team were, due to Fenlons awful recruitment.

Butcher thought Lewis was a midfielder, that says it all!

We have good options available and should be comfortably winning even without McGinn and Fyvie.