It became a joke when other games were allowed to be played on the same day

No wonder some refer to it as the diddy cup

ruthven_raiders
24-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Why is it shocking?

Maybe not shocking that it's on BT but not to be on terrestrial tv is shocking

monktonharp
24-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Maybe not shocking that it's on BT but not to be on terrestrial tv is shockingI agree, others will now regard it as a diddy cup. it was classed as that doon gorgie way for years, mainly to annoy us and yet they have not been able to win it for 56 years or so. I suddenly cringe, when seeing Hibernian fans who think along the lines of that gorgie mob. It is a National Final, and I wish my team was in that final again!!!!

beensaidbefore
24-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Every final should be on terrestrial TV. That should include Scotland games IMO.

monktonharp
24-11-2016, 09:00 PM
that should be the case. the SL, and SPFL have a lot to answer for.

monktonharp
24-11-2016, 09:02 PM
add the SFA, maybe the whole problem is all these bodies!

IberianHibernian
24-11-2016, 09:09 PM
It became a joke when other games were allowed to be played on the same day

No wonder some refer to it as the diddy cupI think league games have always been played on the same day as LC final . In 2004 there was a bigger crowd at Parkhead for Celtic v Motherwell just before our final and in 2007 Falkirk beat Celtic just before we beat Killie . In fact finals used to be played at the same time as league games . Our 1972 win was a Saturday 3 pm kick off for example . And a year or two before I remember being at ER as we beat Falkirk 6v0 in league while Partick Th beat Celtic 4v1 in LC final ( when they put 4v0 for Jags on half - time scoreboard everyone thought it was a joke ) .

lucky
24-11-2016, 09:09 PM
Every final should be on terrestrial TV. That should include Scotland games IMO.

I'd rather none of it was and then Scottish football would not be the backward mess it's in

hibbysam
24-11-2016, 09:14 PM
add the SFA, maybe the whole problem is all these bodies!

Not sure who the SL are, but there are only two bodies in Scotland, the SFA who deal with the game as a whole, the Scottish cup, referees and the. Arizona team, and also the SPFL who deal with the league structure and irn bru and betfred cups.

I agree that there shouldn't be any other games on the same day, regardless of who is playing, and also should be on terrestrial tv. Nothing stops the Scottish cup being showed on both, so have no idea why that should stop the league cup.

.Sean.
24-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Is the English league cup final on council tele down south?

Agreed though, poor.

Thecat23
24-11-2016, 09:20 PM
They should bring back the euro spot for a LC win. That's why it's seen as a joke these days!

Bristolhibby
24-11-2016, 09:28 PM
At least it will be in HD.

Had to watch the BBC2 SD version down here last year. It was my youngests birthday that day otherwise I'd have been there.

So glad I didn't come up.

Obviously would love to have been there again this year.

J

Danderhall Hibs
24-11-2016, 09:41 PM
They should bring back the euro spot for a LC win. That's why it's seen as a joke these days!

I've never understood this argument.

Not once on 21/5 did I say thank **** were in the Europa next season.

beensaidbefore
24-11-2016, 09:46 PM
I'd rather none of it was and then Scottish football would not be the backward mess it's in

I'm not convincedt by your argument. At the moment our league cup final is not on terrestrial tv, so how can that be the reason Scottish football is a backward mess?

Scottish football is in a mess, it's undeniable, but i think we should try and promote the game as much as possible.

We have to watch stuff like man u v Bromsgrove rovers on BBC so why not the second most important final in Scottish football. OK it costs, but if the SFA were serious they could make some rule that the match must be shown to the masses.

Only when Scottish kids can see Scottish football will they be interested. OK its not EPL but we need to promote our game to the folk who are most likely to be interested.

NAE NOOKIE
24-11-2016, 10:41 PM
I was quite looking forward to that game too ........ bloody ridiculous.

Highland_Hibee
24-11-2016, 10:46 PM
It pain me to see the LC going this way. The SPFL, the SC and the LC should all be highly revered within our game no matter what those out with it think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
24-11-2016, 11:13 PM

Either did I but sadly clubs see this cup as a chance to play fringe players because since they took away the European place its devalued it.

jacomo
24-11-2016, 11:24 PM

:agree:

Terrible, short sighted decision. One of very few opportunities to showcase the domestic game to a wider audience.

The people running our game haven't got a clue.

mjhibby
25-11-2016, 05:45 AM

It used to be a big deal when our teams got through a few rounds and made some money from it but now the Scottish game is so poor,bar Celtic,we just end up starting while most people are on the summer hols and are out before our season has barely begun.

green with envy
25-11-2016, 05:59 AM
Is the English league cup final on council tele down south?

Agreed though, poor.

No - Sky only.

No difference to the Scottish LC.

Ringothedog
25-11-2016, 06:14 AM

Terrible, short sighted decision. One of very few opportunities to showcase the domestic game to a wider audience.

This game WILL play to a wider and more than likely larger audience due to it being on BT rather than just BBC Scotland

Danderhall Hibs
25-11-2016, 06:20 AM
Either did I but sadly clubs see this cup as a chance to play fringe players because since they took away the European place its devalued it.

Do you think they play fringe players cos there's no European spot or because the prize money isn't that big?

Mental either way as the feel good factor and that of winning a trophys got to be better than finishing 3rd in the league. The European spots are just a race to humiliation anyway. Who'll be the first team pumped by a team you've never heard of in June.

JimBHibees
25-11-2016, 06:28 AM
Is it right Aberdeen haven't sold their allocation? Seems odd given they took 40 k to last final.

Thecat23
25-11-2016, 07:21 AM
Do you think they play fringe players cos there's no European spot or because the prize money isn't that big?

Mental either way as the feel good factor and that of winning a trophys got to be better than finishing 3rd in the league. The European spots are just a race to humiliation anyway. Who'll be the first team pumped by a team you've never heard of in June.

I'd rather win it than finish 3rd that's for sure. Maybe mixture of both more likely. End of the day clubs like Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts aren't ever winning the prem so surely they want to win a major trophy.

Fully agree about getting pumped as well before the seasons even started.

Jim44
25-11-2016, 07:39 AM
The BBC and ITV can't afford or choose not to outbid BT for the brodcasting rights to League Cup matches. Having paid for the rights to all the qualifying ties, I think they would have something to say if BBC or ITV were given access to broadcast the showcase final. Money rules and if BT pay twice the amount that the BBC pay, you can't blame the football authorities for ditching The BBC and ITV.

G B Young
25-11-2016, 07:49 AM

With BT Sport being available in England it might actually see a bigger audience tuning in, although I don't imagine many non-Celtic supporting English viewers will be queuing up to watch. The Scottish game is not really a 'showcase' product is it? Last season's Scottish Cup final was an exception I think, because aside from the historical and emotional significance of Hibs' win it was also a damn good game of football.

Seems to me that this sort of thing is not that big a deal these days. There are very few major sporting events still on terrestrial TV.

franks
25-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Is the game being shown on BT Showcase which is available on freeview?

givescotlandfreedom
25-11-2016, 09:01 AM
Can't be doing with the Diddy cup stuff either. Hearts fans only call it the wee cup because they've never had any cause to see it up close.

hibee_girl
25-11-2016, 09:11 AM
Is the game being shown on BT Showcase which is available on freeview?

No it's on BT sport 1

heretoday
25-11-2016, 09:17 AM
I might watch the game until 1630 when Southampton v Everton starts.
Celtic should be well ahead by then anyway.

WhileTheChief..
25-11-2016, 09:18 AM
Who says this cup has been devalued in any way other than Hearts fans? I bet Celtic and Aberdeen fans won't be thinking that way at the weekend.

The choice of broadcaster has nothing to do with it.

I can't watch the US tennis open or the Ryder Cup without Sky but both these tournaments still seem popular enough.

JimBHibees
25-11-2016, 09:25 AM
Can't be doing with the Diddy cup stuff either. Hearts fans only call it the wee cup because they've never had any cause to see it up close.

Agree the bottom line is that each year there are only 2 genuine chances of winning a trophy this is one of them. Certainly didnt feel devalued when we had 30k at the final last year and the hurt was pretty genuine given the painful ending.

GreenCastle
25-11-2016, 10:29 AM
Only one team call it the diddy cup and that's our neighbours who have size issues on a daily basis.

It's also so diddy they haven't won it since 1962!

Ryder Cup, Tennis events, Europa League all on Sky or BT - this won't change anytime soon.

Regarding the final - surely Aberdeen have sold out ? I think Celtic will be confident after their Barca run around and win 2-0.

Andy74
25-11-2016, 10:41 AM

Are you saying when we won the cup you weren't pleased to be in Europe as a result?

I was certainly pleased. Most seasons we've been in the top league getting a European place has been the goal so getting in by winning a cup is great.

dangermouse
25-11-2016, 11:41 AM
A cup final not involving Hibs. Not that bothered what channel it's on if I end up watching it so be it but if I miss it I'll not be that bothered. However, if it was a cup final involving Hibs, I'd be there and wouldn't be bothered what channel it was on :greengrin

mjhibby
25-11-2016, 01:02 PM
It shows just how far Scottish footballs standing has fallen. Find it strange it is not on BBC though. Had one of the smaller teams made the final I might have watched it as I have bt sport but as it's the top two in the sphell I'll give it as miss. Haven't watched a second of the SPL games and unless hibs are there not really bothered. Celtic only bother if it's part of a treble which they have a chance of if weds game didn't knacker them.

NAE NOOKIE
25-11-2016, 01:34 PM
It shows just how far Scottish footballs standing has fallen. Find it strange it is not on BBC though. Had one of the smaller teams made the final I might have watched it as I have bt sport but as it's the top two in the sphell I'll give it as miss. Haven't watched a second of the SPL games and unless hibs are there not really bothered. Celtic only bother if it's part of a treble which they have a chance of if weds game didn't knacker them.

I'm not sure how the game being on BT shows 'how far Scottish footballs standing has fallen' .... they obviously were prepared to pay more than BBC Scotland for exclusive rights. If anything it probably shows how far standards at the BBC have fallen that they weren't prepared to match what was no doubt a relatively small amount of money from BT Sport.

Aberdeen v Celtic is usually a cracking game and if you ask me the Dons have a fighting chance. Celtic's record at Hampden in recent years isn't exactly brilliant and with them having run themselves ragged during the week against Barcelona it could be more of a level playing field than it might have been. I don't know why anybody would be anything other than annoyed that the game isn't on council telly.

erin go bragh
25-11-2016, 02:59 PM

Yup or the winners have a playoff against the team that finnnishes 4th in the sfpl.

Jim44
25-11-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure how the game being on BT shows 'how far Scottish footballs standing has fallen' .... they obviously were prepared to pay more than BBC Scotland for exclusive rights. If anything it probably shows how far standards at the BBC have fallen that they weren't prepared to match what was no doubt a relatively small amount of money from BT Sport.

Aberdeen v Celtic is usually a cracking game and if you ask me the Dons have a fighting chance. Celtic's record at Hampden in recent years isn't exactly brilliant and with them having run themselves ragged during the week against Barcelona it could be more of a level playing field than it might have been. I don't know why anybody would be anything other than annoyed that the game isn't on council telly.

I made the same point here this morning. The BBC monopoly of top sport events is long gone.

hibbysam
25-11-2016, 06:43 PM
Yup or the winners have a playoff against the team that finnnishes 4th in the sfpl.

We don't have enough European places for that??

northstandhibby
25-11-2016, 06:51 PM
I made the same point here this morning. The BBC monopoly of top sport events is long gone.

Yes the days of the BBC and ITV being the main bidders are indeed long gone. The top sports have mostly already been gobbled up by the pay tv companies.

I think the seventies and very early eighties will be remembered as the golden years of tv football when everyone watched the big games together in the living rooms which mostly had the only tv in the house.

GreenCastle
25-11-2016, 07:47 PM
The odd thing is I've hardly seen any build up to the Cup Final and unless it was for this site I probably wouldn't have known it was taken place.

DavieRoy
26-11-2016, 12:20 AM
Firstly, in terms of the Scottish Cup, it is law that the final must be shown on terrestrial TV.

The SFA structure their deal to sell terrestrial coverage in partnership with satellite coverage hence Sky show two games per round and BBC show one. Both share a Semi-Finsl while Sky have the other exclusive and they share the final. They get a good price for the Scottish Cup.

The SPFL wanted to change the structure to increase the commercial deals for the League Cup, bigger TV deal and new sponsor. BT pay for the exclusivity and early football in the summer. I doubt it would be worth as much otherwise.

BBC got lazy with the League Cup. It was produced in house and they got it relatively cheap. Their Scottish Cup stuff is done by an outside production company.

If they knew they were guaranteed some sort of deal they would make a low bid. So many threads on here about TV deals. How do you drive up the price? Have a competitive competition, better quality and companies bidding against each other.

We can't moan about TV deals and assessibility of TV coverage.

Same with the Scotland games. The SFA sell their rights to Scotland qualifiers, like every UEFA nation (for the current four year cycle), to UEFA who then sell them on.

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2016, 12:57 AM
Firstly, in terms of the Scottish Cup, it is law that the final must be shown on terrestrial TV.

The SFA structure their deal to sell terrestrial coverage in partnership with satellite coverage hence Sky show two games per round and BBC show one. Both share a Semi-Finsl while Sky have the other exclusive and they share the final. They get a good price for the Scottish Cup.

The SPFL wanted to change the structure to increase the commercial deals for the League Cup, bigger TV deal and new sponsor. BT pay for the exclusivity and early football in the summer. I doubt it would be worth as much otherwise.

BBC got lazy with the League Cup. It was produced in house and they got it relatively cheap. Their Scottish Cup stuff is done by an outside production company.

If they knew they were guaranteed some sort of deal they would make a low bid. So many threads on here about TV deals. How do you drive up the price? Have a competitive competition, better quality and companies bidding against each other.

We can't moan about TV deals and assessibility of TV coverage.

Same with the Scotland games. The SFA sell their rights to Scotland qualifiers, like every UEFA nation (for the current four year cycle), to UEFA who then sell them on.

Last 5 league cup finals:

Kilmarnock 1 Celtic 0
St Mirren 3 Hearts 2
Aberdeen 0 ICT 0 AET ... Aberdeen win 4 - 2 on pens
Celtic 2 Dundee Utd 0
Ross County 2 Hibs 1

5 different winners

Last 5 Scottish cup finals:

Them 5 Hibs 1
Celtic 3 Hibs 0
St Johnstone 2 Dundee Utd 0
ICT 2 Falkirk 1
Hibs 3 Rangers (2012) 2

5 different winners

I don't know about the quality, but you cant say the cup competitions aren't competitive.

DavieRoy
26-11-2016, 07:42 AM
Last 5 league cup finals:

Kilmarnock 1 Celtic 0
St Mirren 3 Hearts 2
Aberdeen 0 ICT 0 AET ... Aberdeen win 4 - 2 on pens
Celtic 2 Dundee Utd 0
Ross County 2 Hibs 1

5 different winners

Last 5 Scottish cup finals:

Them 5 Hibs 1
Celtic 3 Hibs 0
St Johnstone 2 Dundee Utd 0
ICT 2 Falkirk 1
Hibs 3 Rangers (2012) 2

5 different winners

I don't know about the quality, but you cant say the cup competitions aren't competitive.

Correct and both cups have better TV deals, pro-rota, to the league.

calamitus
26-11-2016, 08:26 AM

Agreed. This should help explain it to any of our cognitively-challenged neighbours looking in

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OXypyrutq_M

GreenCastle
27-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Aberdeen not able to sell all their tickets for the final ?!

cleanyman
27-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Surprised at the empty seats

Onion
27-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Aberdeen not able to sell all their tickets for the final ?!

Looks that way with the empty seats. Yet they were bleating:) on about getting a 50% share.

Ricky Bobby
27-11-2016, 02:03 PM
Looks like a strong Aberdeen side.

California-Hibs
27-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Come on the Dons!

GreenCastle
27-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Looks that way with the empty seats. Yet they were bleating:) on about getting a 50% share.

They haven't even got 50% upper tier of South is Celtic.

Poor from Aberdeen

Ricky Bobby
27-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Aberdeen keeper got lucky there.

Callum7
27-11-2016, 02:16 PM
How is Aberdeen's goalkeeper allowed to play in the same colour as the ref?

Ricky Bobby
27-11-2016, 02:16 PM
Maddison should have taken that.

Hermit Crab
27-11-2016, 02:18 PM
Don't take your chances and thats what happens.

Ricky Bobby
Finish

leither17
Aberdeen have their best spell then Celtic go up the park and score 1-0 Rogic

Pretty Boy
1-0 Celtic. Aberdeen player absolutely bottled out of a challenge in the lead up, great finish.

GreenCastle
27-11-2016, 02:19 PM
That's what money buys you - decent finish 1-0

lugz
27-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Just seems inevitable that celtic will win. Aberdeen would have to be at their very best and catch celtic on a off day to win.

erin go bragh
27-11-2016, 02:22 PM
We don't have enough European places for that??

3rd place then.

Ricky Bobby
A good game so far, better than most of the rubbish we are served up from the EPL.

NAE NOOKIE
They haven't even got 50% upper tier of South is Celtic.

Poor from Aberdeen

If they cant sell out a full allocation for a national cup final the argument between who is the 4th or 5th biggest club between us and them is settled for the time being then, we took 30,000 to the last LC final.

They could make the argument that playing Celtic keeps families away, but we could have made the same argument for the Scottish cup final against SEVCO and we still sold out.

Ricky Bobby
27-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Still feel the Celtic have more gears if required.

Keith_M
27-11-2016, 02:34 PM
If the Aberdeen support is low then I must admit to being surprised, as they took 40k to their last final.

The Spaceman
27-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Does anyone have a working link they can PM me?

GreenCastle
27-11-2016, 02:36 PM
Scott Brown seems to get away with lots of fouls and should be booked more often.

Celtic looking in control.

Nothing compares to 21/5/16

Ricky Bobby
27-11-2016, 02:39 PM
2 all over

Pretty Boy
27-11-2016, 02:39 PM
Game over already.

Aberdeen bottle it when it matters again. How the media give them such an easy ride is beyond me.

Golden Bear
27-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Is this site running a bit slow today?

B.H.F.C
Game over already.

Aberdeen bottle it when it matters again. How the media give them such an easy ride is beyond me.

Spot on. They've just let this game pass them by.

Betty Boop
Far too easy for Celtic.

Billy Whizz
27-11-2016, 02:41 PM
Why is Hayes playing through the middle, what a waste, as he's a cracking wide player

GreenCastle
27-11-2016, 02:41 PM
Game over - Aberdeen not even had a shot on goal.

Celtic aren't great but seem they are playing for Rodgers unlike Delia.

NAE NOOKIE
27-11-2016, 02:45 PM
Listening on the radio ... sounds like the sheep have forgotten to turn up, the club were making a lot of noise about things being so much better these days and moving forward to a new stadium and mounting a real challenge in the league going forward. Looks like they have a long way to go then.

They need the next goal or they are goosed.

Ricky Bobby
27-11-2016, 02:46 PM
It must be great to celebrate winning a cup before the half time whistle, but not as great as celebrating in the last minute as Sir David wins it.

leither17
27-11-2016, 02:47 PM
Aberdeen have been shocking

Billy Whizz
27-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Can't wait to hear Richard Gordon on BBC radio at HT, would be better to see his greeting face though

B.H.F.C
27-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Really annoys me how Scott Brown is allowed to referee games up here and just generally wander around doing what he wants. Players show him far too much respect, like we did in the final in 2013. I really wish someone would go and smash him.

Hermit Crab
27-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Really annoys me how Scott Brown is allowed to referee games up here and just generally wander around doing what he wants. Players show him far too much respect, like we did in the final in 2013. I really wish someone would go and smash him.

I should see a red card every 3-4 games but doesn't.

GreenCastle
27-11-2016, 02:53 PM

It amazes me coaches don't put someone on him. The amount of ball he gets and time he has suits their build up.

Surely Aberdeen can't get much worse 2nd half ? Or it could end 3 or 4

Hermit Crab
27-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Can't wait to hear Richard Gordon on BBC radio at HT, would be better to see his greeting face though

Derek Rae is taking it well but Sutton is so pro Celtc its unbelievable. Commentators are meant to be impartial.

Thecat23
27-11-2016, 02:55 PM
So one sided Celtic haven't broke sweat. Dons look utter *****!

Ricky Bobby
27-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Derek Rae is taking it well but Sutton is so pro Celtc its unbelievable. Commentators are meant to be impartial.

I dont think hes been pro Celtic, I just think there is nothing positive you can say about Aberdeen.

#FromTheCapital
27-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Poor show from the sleeping giant of Scottish football. Can't even sell their end out in a national final and getting pumped 2-0 after 45 mins.

Golden Bear
27-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Aberdeen are a big disappointment. They were sitting far too deep right from the kick off. I hope they can at least make a game of it in the second half.

hibbysam
27-11-2016, 03:00 PM
3rd place then.

So you want to take a place away from the league to give to the league cup?? Nae chance! If we improve our coefficient and get a 5th spot then yes it should go to the cup, but not leaving only two spaces for the league.

WoreTheGreen
27-11-2016, 03:05 PM
Poor show from the sleeping giant of Scottish football. Can't even sell their end out in a national final and getting pumped 2-0 after 45 mins.

Don's it

Ricky Bobby
27-11-2016, 03:07 PM
At last the ref books Brown.

Pretty Boy
27-11-2016, 03:19 PM
Aberdeen at least trying to make a game if it this half.

Easier to play a bit when the pressures off I suppose.

Pretty Boy
27-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Penalty. Crazy tackle, Forrest going away from goal and he jumps in.

Hermit Crab
Stonewaller.

Pretty Boy
Great penalty, cool as you like. This could be a rout now.

Hermit Crab
27-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Great penalty, cool as you like. This could be a rout now.

It's a boring game in Scotland knowing that Celtic will win this, the league title and the Scottish cup.

NAE NOOKIE
Game over .... time to turn over to Antiques roadshow or whatever else is on :dummytit:

Ricky Bobby
Celtic miles ahead of everyone else up here.

GreenCastle
27-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Have Aberdeen had a shot on target ?

Hibs90
27-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Sheeped it

CockneyRebel
27-11-2016, 03:27 PM
So you want to take a place away from the league to give to the league cup?? Nae chance! If we improve our coefficient and get a 5th spot then yes it should go to the cup, but not leaving only two spaces for the league.

Only if Hibs win it!

Thecat23
27-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Have Aberdeen had a shot on target ?

Just one. First half header!

Biggie
27-11-2016, 03:32 PM
Browns strolled it.....MOM for me....hopefully we'll Stop them winning the treble..

cabbageandribs1875
27-11-2016, 03:38 PM
think dembele has scored in every round, i remember a hibs player scoring in every round in our LC win in 91 :cb

keith keith keith

lucky
27-11-2016, 03:53 PM
A boring one sided game.

Cod Boy
27-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Aberdeen are bang average hyped up by Richard Gordon and his cronies on the radio.

3pm
27-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Leigh looks happy...

Since90+2
27-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Sheeped it.

Mr White
27-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Sheeped it.

Lamb-shanked it.

lucky
27-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Half hearted celebrations from Celtic and there glory hunting fans

SteveHFC
27-11-2016, 04:01 PM
Terrible celebrations.

Fans and Players look like they can't be arsed.

Mr White
27-11-2016, 04:04 PM
Terrible celebrations.

Fans and Players look like they can't be arsed.

They probably can't. They're in a position now where failure to win domestic cups will bring far more of a reaction than routinely picking up another run of the mill trophy.

The Harp Awakes
27-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Aberdeen are bang average hyped up by Richard Gordon and his cronies on the radio.

Yip. The meedya darlings of Scottish fitba who can't do anything wrong in their eyes. They were lucky to get away with 3-0.

27-11-2016, 05:05 PM
Don't get me wrong, winning at least 1 trophy every single season must be amazing but just look at their fans, they will never know the feeling we had on the 21st of May. For them its just another trophy, nothing special. I remember when they beat us in the 2013 SC final and many of them left just after the trophy was lifted. We were actually walking near some on our way back to the bus. Compare that to the emotion and the euphoria we felt back in May. Celtic fans will never feel anything close to that.

Again, of course I would never complain about winning trophies every season but like I say it takes away something from it.

Seveno
27-11-2016, 05:40 PM
Best part of the day was Michael Stewart ripping into Sutton and showing him up for the total a**e that he is.

leither17
27-11-2016, 05:55 PM
Lamb-shanked it.

They were baaaaaaaaaad

27-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Best part of the day was Michael Stewart ripping into Sutton and showing him up for the total a**e that he is.

What did he say like?

Don't have much time for Stewart as a person as I think he's an arrogant, hearts prick but he does have a lot of knowledge of the game and I think he makes a decent pundit, certainly better than some of the others we've had to put up with. Still will always remember him on the open top bus after we won the league cup back in 2007 though, all the players were on there feet celebrating with the fans but he was sat down, arms folded with the grumpiest look on his face. He looked utterly miserable, certainly wouldn't think he was in a team that had just won a cup thats for sure! Hearts *******.

northstandhibby
27-11-2016, 07:47 PM

After listening to Chris Sutton tear Hun Propagandist Derek Johnstone a new one it's Chris Sutton for me every time.

As much as Michael Stewart can string a sentence together I never hear him saying anything that wasn't really that obvious anyway.

I like listening to Tom English who doesn't often duck the real issues.

heretoday
27-11-2016, 08:22 PM
I don't like pundits. They sit there looking pleased with themselves and you never learn much.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2016, 08:24 PM
Could make a decent argument out of saying that Greenock Morton would have made a better fist of this game today. Celtc are streets ahead on quality of everyone else in Scotland but for effort, application and commitment all teams start on the same level. The support who travelled down from Aberdeen will feel rightly annoyed that their team didn't come with them.

jdships
27-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Why is it shocking?

:thumbsup::agree:

jdships
27-11-2016, 08:50 PM

Sorry to say agree totally
They were off the pace the whole game
Gave up and watched rugby on BT TV!!