PDA

View Full Version : Gyms with pools in Edinburgh?

JennaFletcher
24-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Anyone recommend a good gym with a pool in Edinburgh?

with decent membership rates?

I can't believe Edinburgh Leisure charge around £50 nowadays!

calumhibee1
24-11-2016, 04:54 PM

The village hotel at Crewe toll is superb for the money. Really good gym and a lovely pool area with sauna steam room and jacuzzi. £45 a month.

Zazu62
24-11-2016, 05:34 PM
The village hotel at Crewe toll is superb for the money. Really good gym and a lovely pool area with sauna steam room and jacuzzi. £45 a month.

I've been paying £50 for almost a year am I getting bumped haha?

calumhibee1
24-11-2016, 05:40 PM

I joined when it first opened, if you committed to a year worth of membership then you got it cheaper, maybe the difference?

Jack
24-11-2016, 05:44 PM

A few months ago, maybe 8 months or so, I think they split the memberships.

I was £42 all in but now pay £30 for gym only. Well I only ever go to the gym.

Nobody tell me I spelled pub wrong!

CropleyWasGod
24-11-2016, 05:49 PM

I think EL is superb value. Gym, swim and classes all included ?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

SuperAllyMcleod
24-11-2016, 07:26 PM
I'm a bit of a Jim McDonald - should be going to the gym but more often than not I go to McDonalds. [emoji3]

That, unfortunately, prevents me from recommending anywhere - sorry.

green&left
25-11-2016, 11:57 AM

Think its £55 now, although if you get a joint membership its £90 for 2 so can still be gotten for £45. If you want you can pay a tenner on top of that to get complimentary towels every visit. Well worth it if you're a lazy git like me who doesn't like the washing machine :greengrin

danhibees1875
26-11-2016, 05:45 AM
£50 is excessive for EL. I know they provide a good service, but surely the council gyms should be more affordable for people than that?

Do they still offer a "leisure card" that gives you x% off and you can just PAYG for the pool?

hibsbollah
26-11-2016, 07:27 AM
£50 is excessive for EL. I know they provide a good service, but surely the council gyms should be more affordable for people than that?

Do they still offer a "leisure card" that gives you x% off and you can just PAYG for the pool?

They are doing the ten gym visits, pay for 8 deal, which still works out at £55. Far cheaper and better facilities at Edinburgh Uni at the pleasance which is also open to non students but no pool. It's £6 for an adult swim without a card at the Commie, which is totally ridiculous.

s.a.m
26-11-2016, 09:02 AM

They have a £10 daytime membership for people on "very low income". Don't know how that's defined. I think they have a gym only membership which is cheaper than the 'everything' pass. I have a discount card which cost (I think) £30 and gets you 25% discount, so a gym+swim at the Commie costs me £5.40.

Edit: and I've just had a look at their memberships' page....They do 'gym only' for £29.90, plus £35 joining fee. If you use the Commie gym, you get a swim thrown in (possibly at the other centres which have pools too?).

goosano
28-11-2016, 06:52 AM

Bannatynes at Newcraighall has an excellent pool. £33/month is current offer(for 12 months) or £336 for the year-£28/month

alhibby
29-11-2016, 02:55 PM
You could of course speak to a member of staff at EL and get on the friends and family for £33 per month:wink:

kenny.ff
30-11-2016, 05:29 PM
Bannatynes at Newcraighall has an excellent pool. £33/month is current offer(for 12 months) or £336 for the year-£28/month

This man knows.Bannatynes has just underwent a refurb and the difrence from before is night and day. I currentyly pay 45 a month(roughly of top of my head) pool is nice, 2 saunas,steam room and relaxation room. All classes are free aswell

patch1875
30-11-2016, 06:42 PM
This man knows.Bannatynes has just underwent a refurb and the difrence from before is night and day. I currentyly pay 45 a month(roughly of top of my head) pool is nice, 2 saunas,steam room and relaxation room. All classes are free aswell

You would hope it's better it was a dump, I'm a member with Nuffield health now at the Corn Exchange and it's miles better.

HH81
01-12-2016, 04:55 AM
The council gym here is 21.50 each for me and my wife. Great value use of 4 different places. 3 pools included.

alhibby
01-01-2017, 02:21 PM

Need to clear your inbox :flag:

alhibby
18-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Need to clear your inbox :flag:

Did you get anything sorted?