PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Suarez

hughio
24-11-2016, 10:33 AM
I am intrigued by how tricky he is.That play on Izaguirre last night, pulling his arm so that the Defender had to topple over on him to earn the penalty...Genius ..but cheating.

easty
24-11-2016, 10:45 AM
I am intrigued by how tricky he is.That play on izaguerez last night, pulling his arm so that the Defender had to topple over on him to earn the penalty...Genius ..but cheating.

Izaguirre was at fault. Too tight and too clumsy. Aye Suarez held his arm, but players are always holding each other nowadays.

You want to talk about cheating in last nights games, then surely you talk about Sanchez dive for Arsenal, or Ramsey being pushed in the chest and turning away holding his face.

SabrinaG
24-11-2016, 10:45 AM
Yeah, he has an unique feel for the game and a great instinct. He reads the defence (and the defenders) really well. On top of it, he is always aggressive, he always wants to play and he is everywhere. Just a great, great player and a perfect fit for Barcelona.

Cheers,
Sabrina (http://www.checkdirector.co.uk/director/sabrina-gamble/)

Steve20
24-11-2016, 12:27 PM
It was a clear penalty all day long. No cheating at all.

WeeRussell
24-11-2016, 12:28 PM
Yeah, he has an unique feel for the game and a great instinct. He reads the defence (and the defenders) really well. On top of it, he is always aggressive, he always wants to play and he is everywhere. Just a great, great player and a perfect fit for Barcelona.

Cheers,
Sabrina (http://www.checkdirector.co.uk/director/sabrina-gamble/)

Yep - must be close to the best in the business at rolling players and getting on the end of balls that defenders look favourite for, using strength/grit/cleverness.

hughio
24-11-2016, 12:58 PM

Well there will be folk who know the game?rules better than me but I cant help feeling he properly "did" both Defender and the ref and most of the crowd.
Izaguirre would never have clattered into him if he hadn't been pulled over by the arm.

matty_f
24-11-2016, 01:08 PM

I don't think it was that clear when you see it - there's a very good case for the argument that the defender was being fouled by Suarez.

Certainly from the ref's angle the decision looked a no-brainer, so can totally understand why the penalty was given. I'd have thought the linesman would have helped the ref out though.

beensaidbefore
24-11-2016, 01:15 PM

The point the OP is making is Suarez had the defenders arm held tight. That was intentional and led to a penalty and unfair advantage so it is cheating. Yeah he got too close to start with, but if a defender held an attackers arm and hauled him to the ground like a good judo move then it would be deemed a foul. Attackers should be penalised equally, especially when the slightest touch from a defender qualifies as a foul.

beensaidbefore
24-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Well there will be folk who know the game?rules better than me but I cant help feeling he properly "did" both Defender and the ref and most of the crowd.
Izaguirre would never have clattered into him if he hadn't been pulled over by the arm.

correct. very clever play.

Since90+2
24-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Obviously a bit of a ****bag but probably the best centre forward in the world.

frazeHFC
24-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Stupid defending by Izaguirre, definitely a penalty as I saw it. Suarez is clever the way he turns defenders though, even if he does go down a bit easily at times.

Pretty Boy
24-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Suarez is the best striker in the world at the moment.

He's been sly last night but the defender has to be smarter imo. This kind of thing is hardly new either, players have been using little tricks for years despite the myth that football was only played by upstanding gentlemen until some time in the mid 90s.

hughio
24-11-2016, 03:09 PM

He's been sly last night but the defender has to be smarter imo. This kind of thing is hardly new either, players have been using little tricks for years despite the myth that football was only played by upstanding gentlemen until some time in the mid 90s.

He is the best I've ever seen at this kind of artistic conning.Kinda sours his abilities as a player in my eyes.But you'd want him in your team of course ..like Costa.

Since90+2
24-11-2016, 03:51 PM

Is that really a myth? I think it's accepted that a lot of the top players had a nasty element to their character.

jacomo
24-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Craig Bellamy was the same - a kind of £ shop Suarez.

I remember being enraged by him at a game at ER - but also quietly impressed at how he played at the edge of the laws and upset our defence so much. I think he was nipping at Caldwell all game.

Basically, Celtic can have no complaints. They've employed characters like this before!

HoboHarry
24-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Craig Bellamy was the same - a kind of £ shop Suarez.

I remember being enraged by him at a game at ER - but also quietly impressed at how he played at the edge of the laws and upset our defence so much. I think he was nipping at Caldwell all game.

Basically, Celtic can have no complaints. They've employed characters like this before!
Mark Hughes as well. Completely different persona when he entered the field of play.....

jgl07
24-11-2016, 07:28 PM
He is the best I've ever seen at this kind of artistic conning.Kinda sours his abilities as a player in my eyes.But you'd want him in your team of course ..like Costa.
I wouldn't want the cheating scrote anywhere near my team.

I wouldn't want Costa either. Injury prone and far too theatrical.

Give me someone like Messi, Aguero, or Neymar any time.

Billy Whizz
24-11-2016, 07:40 PM

Neymar should be in your 1st list, cheating, diving type of player. His behaviours last night was disgraceful, should have seen red, but the ref bottled it

staunchhibby
24-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Thought neymar was lucky to last as long he did.Little wind up merchant.

wookie70
24-11-2016, 08:26 PM
Looked like a foul on the defender to me.

BoomtownHibees
24-11-2016, 09:46 PM

You wouldn't want Suarez but would take Neymar??

Beefster
25-11-2016, 06:55 AM

Yeah but if we were offered Suarez without being offered Messi, Aguero or Neymar at the same time, I'd probably take him tbh.

heretoday
25-11-2016, 10:29 AM
There's a certain fascination in watching Costa. He's like the big baddie in a Clint Eastwood western.

He was wide awake last week though, unlike Boro's defence.

Scouse Hibee
25-11-2016, 10:44 AM

Neymar!

Sammy7nil
25-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Yeah he very difficult to play against he also has the extra BITE other forwards simply don't have in their locker.

WeeRussell
25-11-2016, 01:16 PM

I'd want any and every one of the 5!!

As for the comments on Neymar against Celtic. I agree he was being a bit of a tool but disgraceful? Steady on... I don't even think he should have been sent off.

Chris Sutton (and others) were up in arms that Lustic got a booking for the incident in which Neymar caught him with a late kick.... yes it was a daft foul (Neymar got booked also) but there's only one player that goes chasing after anyone in retaliation... this leads to them both 'squaring' up to each other. It was hardly difficult to understand why Lustig received a booking, despite Sutton's best efforts.

Neymar has it in him to wind folk up... but he's nothing like what he's being made out to be for Wednesday night's game.