PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Pennant.

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2016, 09:21 PM
I know its facebook, but someone claiming he's been training with us? :dunno:

hibeemikey21
23-11-2016, 09:27 PM

Would be a welcome boost to the wag contingent....(Google "Alice Goodwin")

IanM
23-11-2016, 09:33 PM
He might be but..

28 Oct 2016 13:56:53.
The ex-Liverpool winger, who has been labelled as an “icon” by Tampines Rovers chairman Krishna Ramachandra, has turned down reducing his reported £23,495-a-month salary.
Jermaine Pennant is on the brink of leaving Singapore's Tampines Rovers after refusing to reduce his “super-scale” salary

We'd have to prob pay a pretty penny

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Would be a welcome boost to the wag contingent....(Google "Alice Goodwin")

Just have, she certainly has a couple of assets i wouldnt mind getting my hands on. :greengrin

Andy74
23-11-2016, 09:36 PM
He might be but..

The ex-Liverpool winger, who has been labelled as an “icon” by Tampines Rovers chairman Krishna Ramachandra, has turned down reducing his reported £23,495-a-month salary.
Jermaine Pennant is on the brink of leaving Singapore's Tampines Rovers after refusing to reduce his “super-scale” salary

He's not getting that now though and no one in the UK would be paying him that at his age.

It depends whether he was wanting to just come back nearer home I suppose.

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2016, 09:43 PM
No thanks not for me.

CropleyWasGod
23-11-2016, 09:46 PM
I suppose a Pennant debate is better than a flag debate.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
23-11-2016, 09:47 PM
No doubt it will be of the usual .net standard.

eastmainsmsh
23-11-2016, 09:55 PM
He might be but..

Seen him in Ormiston coop buying fags

3pm
23-11-2016, 10:06 PM

:greengrin

brianmc
23-11-2016, 10:11 PM
He can at least claim to involved in THE absolute archetypal story that explained just how far multi millionaire footballers had become detached from reality.

For those that don't know it, it's something like this: several months after returning to England from his spell in northern Spain at sociedad , he was contacted by the police. They got in touch to tell him they had tracked down his stolen car, a Porsche, which had been dumped at a train station car park in France. A member of the public had reported it after noticing that the car hadn't moved for weeks from the spot it was parked in.
Pennant initially denied it was anything to do with him..... But upon further investigation it turned out it WAS his Porsche, parked there by him before catching a train back to England. He'd simply forgotten about parking it there or even owning a Porsche, cos he had so many other cars he couldn't keep track!!

The expression 'more money than sense' wasn't coined for Jermaine Pennant but it must certainly applies to him.

brianmc
23-11-2016, 10:14 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2011/01/19/jermaine-pennant-forgot-he-owned-porsche-629935/

3pm
23-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Just have, she certainly has a couple of assets i wouldnt mind getting my hands on. :greengrin

Had a look on his twitter page - nowt!

Her page had something about 'hello from chilly Scotland' yesterday. A few other things as well. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2016, 10:22 PM
Had a look on his twitter page - nowt!

Her page had something about 'hello from chilly Scotland' yesterday. A few other things as well. :greengrin

Never heard of her before, but i think she'd love the Scottish winters. :wink:

HoboHarry
23-11-2016, 10:25 PM

Doubt if we will ever see her in the Four in Hand but I'd settle for Two in (my) Hand....... :greengrin

Gus
23-11-2016, 10:31 PM
Should check out her snapchat, jeezo

They were just up here for the Christmas market

mjhibby
24-11-2016, 12:31 AM
Should check out her snapchat, jeezo

They were just up here for the Christmas market

Jeezo indeed. No wonder his career has stalled(although not his bank balance) with those twin distractions. I'm sure she would brighten up a freezing january game At er. Certainly a top wag Imho.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-11-2016, 06:22 AM
Pennant and Lennon share the same tactical philosophy anyway....seems like they both favour two up front.

brog
24-11-2016, 07:54 AM
That would be some Hibees Bounce! :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
24-11-2016, 08:24 AM

That's it decided then, I'm getting Jermaine printed on my tricolour :offski:

CropleyWasGod
24-11-2016, 09:18 PM
That's it decided then, I'm getting Jermaine printed on my tricolour :offski:
That's really not germane to the debate.

Betty Boop
24-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Has he not been jailed twice for drunk driving ?

monktonharp
24-11-2016, 09:44 PM
He can at least claim to involved in THE absolute archetypal story that explained just how far multi millionaire footballers had become detached from reality.

For those that don't know it, it's something like this: several months after returning to England from his spell in northern Spain at sociedad , he was contacted by the police. They got in touch to tell him they had tracked down his stolen car, a Porsche, which had been dumped at a train station car park in France. A member of the public had reported it after noticing that the car hadn't moved for weeks from the spot it was parked in.
Pennant initially denied it was anything to do with him..... But upon further investigation it turned out it WAS his Porsche, parked there by him before catching a train back to England. He'd simply forgotten about parking it there or even owning a Porsche, cos he had so many other cars he couldn't keep track!!

The expression 'more money than sense' wasn't coined for Jermaine Pennant but it must certainly applies to him.a bit like masel. I parked a luton van at the back of Argos at the Fort and clean forgot about it. was about 3 weeks later, when I got a small removal job and suddenly remembered. I hate when that happens.:rolleyes:

hibees 7062
24-11-2016, 11:41 PM

Seen him today in Albion road driving a black Passat :wink:

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2016, 07:58 AM
Seen him today in Albion road driving a black Passat :wink:

Do you think he's signed, was there a pen in view as he drove past? :greengrin

Brightside
25-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Has he not been piyesh for about 10 years tho?

matty_f
25-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Has he not been piyesh for about 10 years tho?

Is Piyesh not that boy that does well for West Ham?

Brightside
25-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Is Piyesh not that boy that does well for West Ham?

Yeh he is training with us too... no idea about the size of his girlfriends breasts tho.

Scorrie
25-11-2016, 08:57 AM
I won't believe this till he's spotted on the no 26 heading doon London Road...😏

Bostonhibby
25-11-2016, 09:11 AM
Doesn't the fishman deliver to Easter road today?

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

heretoday
25-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Do we need this guy and his baggage at this vital time in our history?

I think not.

Andy74
25-11-2016, 11:00 AM
Do we need this guy and his baggage at this vital time in our history?

I think not.

That depends purely on whether as a football player he is better than what we have or can at least contribute as a squad player.

If he is even remotely interested in coming anywhere near us of course....

KeithTheHibby
25-11-2016, 01:34 PM
He plays on the wing does he not?

WeeRussell
25-11-2016, 01:47 PM
He plays on the wing does he not?

Certainly used to. Based on his Missus' twitter - I'll wager he spends a lot of time playing up top these days!

hughio
25-11-2016, 02:37 PM
Certainly used to. Based on his Missus' twitter - I'll wager he spends a lot of time playing up top these days!

PWHOAAR PHWOARR!

Chris Commons on the other hand.....:wink:

SingaporeHibs
25-11-2016, 03:33 PM
I posted this on the SJM injury chat after JP was mentioned but here it is again. just in case it's in any doubt, this guy is the last thing we need at this stage - However we deal with SJM's injury period I hope that the rumours of JP remain only that. He was in Singapore playing in the S league this year, from Jan to Oct, being paid way over the odds for the league at about £2.5k a week. His arrival created some interest with 2k fans turning up to his early games but that soon dwindled to nothing again. He was a waste of space in Singapore's S league which I find hard to place in rank along side any of our Scottish leagues. He was offered a new contract at reduced terms but knocked it back. I can only Guess at his salary expectations but I've seen his quality and it's absolutely no use for us.

3pm
25-11-2016, 03:54 PM

If he's not up top, he'll play in the hole.

Andy74
25-11-2016, 04:10 PM
I posted this on the SJM injury chat after JP was mentioned but here it is again. just in case it's in any doubt, this guy is the last thing we need at this stage - However we deal with SJM's injury period I hope that the rumours of JP remain only that. He was in Singapore playing in the S league this year, from Jan to Oct, being paid way over the odds for the league at about £2.5k a week. His arrival created some interest with 2k fans turning up to his early games but that soon dwindled to nothing again. He was a waste of space in Singapore's S league which I find hard to place in rank along side any of our Scottish leagues. He was offered a new contract at reduced terms but knocked it back. I can only Guess at his salary expectations but I've seen his quality and it's absolutely no use for us.

His quality can't be in question with the club bs he has played for.

Whether he is fit or can be bothered at this stage I guess you could judge from seeing him recently.

hibees 7062
25-11-2016, 10:36 PM
Do you think he's signed, was there a pen in view as he drove past? :greengrin

He had a pencil in his ear :greengrin

hibees 7062
25-11-2016, 10:41 PM
https://youtu.be/5iaeSjPbphg

scoopyboy
26-11-2016, 12:20 AM
That depends purely on whether as a football player he is better than what we have or can at least contribute as a squad player.

If he is even remotely interested in coming anywhere near us of course....

He was interested Andy as were Hibs, but we're not taking it any further is what I've been told.

MacGruber
26-11-2016, 12:34 AM
That's worrying we were interested. Not the type we need IMO. Dodged a bullet anyway

hughio
16-12-2016, 02:15 PM
PWHOAAR PHWOARR!

Chris Commons on the other hand.....:wink:

Told you:aok: