PDA

View Full Version : Cummings

Enough said
23-11-2016, 01:13 PM
With Cumming and Lennon having words about his weight dyer the international break a few weeks and then again on Friday before the qos game. I wonder how long it will be before he gets a decent chance again. Boyle has been superb for us but when JC came on with 20 mins to go on Saturday he didn't look interested . At full time he went straight of the park without shaking opposing teams hands.

hibbysam
23-11-2016, 01:32 PM
With Cumming and Lennon having words about his weight dyer the international break a few weeks and then again on Friday before the qos game. I wonder how long it will be before he gets a decent chance again. Boyle has been superb for us but when JC came on with 20 mins to go on Saturday he didn't look infested. At full time he went straight of the park without shaking opposing teams hands.

I certainly hope he didn't look infested :greengrin

Cabbage East
23-11-2016, 02:05 PM
What's wrong with his weight?

Smartie
23-11-2016, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't say he looked disinterested but I did think he looked frustrated and unhappy.

CapitalGreen
23-11-2016, 02:20 PM
With Cumming and Lennon having words about his weight dyer the international break a few weeks and then again on Friday before the qos game. I wonder how long it will be before he gets a decent chance again. Boyle has been superb for us but when JC came on with 20 mins to go on Saturday he didn't look interested . At full time he went straight of the park without shaking opposing teams hands.

I thought he looked interested.

Boyle89
23-11-2016, 02:29 PM
He came on and chased down a defender and went over on his ankle straight away. It's not that he wasn't interested he just couldn't run after he twisted his ankle.

HibsNutter
23-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Let's be serious, it's not a permanent drop. He's by far our best striker and once this silly episode is over he'll be back in the goals as he has been week in, week out since he was a teenager.

Highland_Hibee
23-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Let's be serious, it's not a permanent drop. He's by far our best striker and once this silly episode is over he'll be back in the goals as he has been week in, week out since he was a teenager.

[emoji106]

If Boyle showed nothing whatsoever Jas would be back in the starting 11. Boyles form brought us out of a dodgy patch. It's only right to stick by him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
23-11-2016, 02:44 PM
I thought he looked interested.

So did I didnt get any decent service because our best midfielders had left the field by then.

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2016, 02:47 PM

Is he, i'd disagree with that statement all day and every day?

Ryan69
23-11-2016, 02:51 PM

Of course he is our best striker.
Thats why he is always top scorer.

Who do you think is a better striker then?

Pretty Boy
23-11-2016, 02:53 PM
The team has had better results and performed better in the 5 games he has been out the side compared to the preceding 5 when he was in the team.

Whatever the reason he was dropped out initiallly, the reason he remains out is simple.

Bostonhibby
23-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Are you happy to see Boyle doing well for our team, Jason progressing as he has been and looking forward to what he has to offer?

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

where'stheslope
23-11-2016, 03:22 PM
My thoughts on this situation is that Cummings is not maybe doing enough off the ball work that Boyle is, and Lennon is letting Cummings make up his own mind on whether or not he wants to up his game.
Nobody can say Cummings is not a goal scorer, but his work rate off the ball is at times dire!!!

Enough said
23-11-2016, 03:24 PM
What's wrong with his weight?

Was 3 pounds over his weight after one before last international break

ancient hibee
23-11-2016, 03:26 PM
When did Lennon mention Cummings' weight?

JDHibs
23-11-2016, 03:32 PM
Havent seen anyone mention Cummings weight as being the issue with him not playing.

You cant seriously be suggesting that our top goal scorer was dropped because he was a mere 3lbs overweight? A few sprints and that would be gone, there is nothing wrong with Cummings weight.

Any reliable source ive spoken to has said the same thing, Cummings was dropped because he wasnt playing like Lennon wanted, i.e pressing etc. Once his goals dried up a bit he wasnt offering the team anything.

Keatings came in and done what Lennon wanted but got injured and Boyles came in and continued playing like Lennon wants.

Cummings has to change the way he plays to suit the managers wishes. To suggest that all this is over 3lbs of bodyweight gained over a weekend is laughable and a non starter.

Enough said
23-11-2016, 03:34 PM
My source is reliable don't worry about that. As for Neil mentioning Jc weight I wouldn't of thought that was something he would of made public.

Bostonhibby
23-11-2016, 03:34 PM
Was 3 pounds over his weight after one before last international break
That does it for me. Send him straight back to the asbestos arena so they can sell him to Peterborough for £1.7m and start saving up for a second modern stand. Or a couple of feet more grass so they can finally get a pitch that is at least compliant for Europe.

Jason Cummings; hammer of the yams - +/- 3lbs

ancient hibee
23-11-2016, 03:39 PM
They're far more scientific nowadays about weight It's Body/Fat Index that counts.Everyone knows that muscle weighs more than fat.Do a lot of gym work and weight increases as the player bulks up.The story is tosh.

JDHibs
23-11-2016, 03:50 PM
P.s muscle doesnt weigh more than fat. 1lb of muscle is the same weight as 1lb of fat.

Muscle is more dense per area.

3lb of weight over a weekend would be water fluctuation. Nothing more. Impossible to gain 3lb of fat over a weekend.

This has got to be a joke.

Enough said
23-11-2016, 03:56 PM
P.s muscle doesnt weigh more than fat. 1lb of muscle is the same weight as 1lb of fat.

3lb of weight over a weekend would be water fluctuation. Nothing more. Impossible to gain 3lb of fat over a weekend.

International break before the las one wasn't over a weekend

Bostonhibby
23-11-2016, 04:06 PM

You'd hope it's a joke, as a statistic amongst hibbies it carries much less "weight" than goals per game, goals against the yam and cup tie winners against the yam

And last time I looked weight hasn't been an issue when Neil signed and selects Holt.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-11-2016, 04:10 PM

He has the talent to be, that is for sure. Sometimes it looks like he thinks that he is our best striker as well. But there is nothing wrong in being asked to prove that ever time he shirt goes on.

Bostonhibby
23-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Goals win games and the raw talent that is currently in our hands here has done more of that for us since the departure of the great Derek Riordan and Griffiths. Be careful what we get sucked into here, we have him the yam don't, we'll get the benefit so maybe they are a bit peeved. We could well miss the goals when he's gone

Bostonhibby
23-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Nade was a regular in the pre administration yam team and he was probably on a win bonus for being +/- 3lb depending on whether he shaved after he'd finished a pre match kebab.

Sas_The_Hibby
23-11-2016, 04:26 PM

Nah, I'd stick with Marciano.

ancient hibee
23-11-2016, 04:34 PM

You're quite right of course.What I was trying to say is that fat takes up far more room than the same weight of muscle.

jacomo
23-11-2016, 04:35 PM

Hit and run Blackpool?

Who is our best striker then?

Centre Hawf
23-11-2016, 04:56 PM
Play Boyle with Cummings. IMO the amount of opportunities we'd create for Jason with Boyle doing all the leg work for him would be insane. Anyone who doesn't think he is our best striker must have forgotten the last two years of him scoring regularly and in big games, I think he deserves far more respect than some people are showing him at times tbh.

Smartie
23-11-2016, 04:59 PM
If I cut out the exercise and hit the Dominos and Guinness, I could put 3lbs and then some on over an International break.

I don't think that is the issue though. For all he comes across as a daft wee laddie at times and he has his own unique playing style, I don't think Jason's ever been anything less than professional in his approach to the game and I don't think it's really fair to suggest that.

Lennon had been publicly critical of his playing style. Does it not make sense that Lennon wasn't happy with what Jason was bringing to the team, tried some of his other options, they worked better and therefore he's persevered with them?

We've not seen the last of Jason, not by a long shot. This could be the making of him if he responds in the right way.

He didn't look in the least disinterested on Saturday but if he turned his ankle as soon as he came on, you could see why he'd be frustrated having waited for weeks for his first team chance. And he had that nice piece of play where he cut the ball back onto his left and hit a decent shot that missed the target. That stays a bit lower and to the right and imo Jason's tail is up again and we've got our old favourite back.

Bostonhibby
23-11-2016, 05:06 PM
If I cut out the exercise and hit the Dominos and Guinness, I could put 3lbs and then some on over an International break.

I don't think that is the issue though. For all he comes across as a daft wee laddie at times and he has his own unique playing style, I don't think Jason's ever been anything less than professional in his approach to the game and I don't think it's really fair to suggest that.

Lennon had been publicly critical of his playing style. Does it not make sense that Lennon wasn't happy with what Jason was bringing to the team, tried some of his other options, they worked better and therefore he's persevered with them?

We've not seen the last of Jason, not by a long shot. This could be the making of him if he responds in the right way.

He didn't look in the least disinterested on Saturday but if he turned his ankle as soon as he came on, you could see why he'd be frustrated having waited for weeks for his first team chance. And he had that nice piece of play where he cut the ball back onto his left and hit a decent shot that missed the target. That stays a bit lower and to the right and imo Jason's tail is up again and we've got our old favourite back.
[emoji106]

keep the faith
23-11-2016, 06:34 PM

Who is better??

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2016, 07:22 PM
Of course he is our best striker.
Thats why he is always top scorer.

Who do you think is a better striker then?

I don't think he's a great player, but given the amount of goals he's scored since breaking into the team I'd say he's up there as our best goalscorer. I do think Boyle would score just as many goals as Cummings would if played instead of him, and I also think he'd create more chances than Jason for others.

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2016, 07:32 PM
Hit and run Blackpool?

I will miss my next golf day to hopefully answer you a bit quicker next time. 💤

Ilovehibs
23-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Play Boyle with Cummings. IMO the amount of opportunities we'd create for Jason with Boyle doing all the leg work for him would be insane. Anyone who doesn't think he is our best striker must have forgotten the last two years of him scoring regularly and in big games, I think he deserves far more respect than some people are showing him at times tbh.

Totally agree with you.

Tyler Durden
23-11-2016, 08:27 PM
I laugh at the comments like "when his goals dried up" etc

Cummings lean spell consisted of 58 minutes at QOS before getting sacrificed due to Stevensons red card. Then played as well as anyone in a poor performance vs Dundee Utd - including setting up a sitter for Hanlon for those who say he brings nowt to the team other than goals. Then 90 mins vs Raith when we had 10 men for an hour.

Hardly a big goal drought after something like 8 in the first 7 games.

Good on Boyle for taking his chance though and I look forward to JC getting back in soon. By far the best forward on the books

Big L
23-11-2016, 09:05 PM
Hit and run Blackpool?

Nobody can deny JC knows where the goals are, his record speaks for itself, I think it's around 1 in 2. Boyle must be averaging a goal a game since they played him thru the middle so who's the best striker? It also depends on what more you want from ur striker, like pressing defenders, chasing them down, bringing other people in to the game, is JC any better at that than Boyle? Not in my opinion! Would you drop Boyle for JC right now? I wouldn't.

MacGruber
24-11-2016, 12:20 AM
Nobody can deny JC knows where the goals are, his record speaks for itself, I think it's around 1 in 2. Boyle must be averaging a goal a game since they played him thru the middle so who's the best striker? It also depends on what more you want from ur striker, like pressing defenders, chasing them down, bringing other people in to the game, is JC any better at that than Boyle? Not in my opinion! Would you drop Boyle for JC right now? I wouldn't.

Yes. Personally - would always want my top striker on the park.

As it happens I wouldn't drop Boyle either.

All very well Boyle ratio being as good as Cummings over a couple of games - not the same as being consistent over 2 seasons though. When Keatings came in last season he hit 5 in 3, then never scored again for months. Will also be interesting to see if Boyle can score regular against the better teams and when it comes to it SPL teams. Jason has stepped up to that mark time and again.

Love the squirrel by the way - just Cummings is IMO our best striker by a country mile. Hence multi million pound interest from down south (we aren't getting that offer for any of our other strikers anytime soon unfortunately)

Not really sure of this latest tag line either btw.
'Our top goalscorer but not our best striker' to me that's one in the same - sorry

Putting the ball in the net is widely accepted as being the hardest part of the game hence in general terms goalscorer go for the big bucks. If you find yourself fortunate enough to have a consistent 30 goal a season man think yourself lucky and if he doesn't also hold the ball up well or work his socks of - put people in beside him that do. Less we swap him out for either a carthorse or a fans favourite heart on sleeve grafter in which case we can cover more ground, have more posession but ultimately score less goals.

147lothian
24-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Lennon, made a big call, in signing JC on a contract extension then dropping him, but it seems like Lennon got the big call right, Boyle offers much more IMO if JC can put his head down work on his fitness and the other aspects of the game ie closing defenders down and add to the team effort ill welcome him back its entirely up to Cummings to rise to the challenge

Super_JMcGinn
24-11-2016, 11:21 AM

Cummings lean spell consisted of 58 minutes at QOS before getting sacrificed due to Stevensons red card. Then played as well as anyone in a poor performance vs Dundee Utd - including setting up a sitter for Hanlon for those who say he brings nowt to the team other than goals. Then 90 mins vs Raith when we had 10 men for an hour.

Good on Boyle for taking his chance though and I look forward to JC getting back in soon. By far the best forward on the books

I agree with all that 100%.

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2016, 11:59 AM

We all are after the same result, and sometimes it may seem illogical but if the end result is better, then what is right?

Cummings has scored some great goals for us, and he's done it regularly since coming into the team.

I have said it before though, and it's probably very boring for some but i don't rate the lad at the minute as a great footballer. Apart from putting the ball in the net, i dont think he contributes much else.

Now taking that comment in its own will probably sound very stupid, but hear me out. We as a team in my opinion look better going forward, look better in attack and look as if we are creating MORE chances without him in the side than with him in it.

I'm not saying he cant play up front WITH boyle, what i am saying is the system we are playing now without him looks as if it suits us better.

This is the system Lennon has decide to go with recently, and it appears to be working better than it had done with Cummings instead of Boyle.

Now with yesterday's news that Fyvie and McGinn out for a while, we may see a different system applied that uses Jason in the team, who knows?

What i do think, is that in my opinion Boyle has played himself into the team at the expense of Cummings, and If Cummings is to get back in the side, it should not be to replace Boyle at this moment in time.

TonyStokeprano
24-11-2016, 12:09 PM
We all are after the same result, and sometimes it may seem illogical but if the end result is better, then what is right?

Cummings has scored some great goals for us, and he's done it regularly since coming into the team.

I have said it before though, and it's probably very boring for some but i don't rate the lad at the minute as a great footballer. Apart from putting the ball in the net, i dont think he contributes much else.

Now taking that comment in its own will probably sound very stupid, but hear me out. We as a team in my opinion look better going forward, look better in attack and look as if we are creating MORE chances without him in the side than with him in it.

I'm not saying he cant play up front WITH boyle, what i am saying is the system we are playing now without him looks as if it suits us better.

This is the system Lennon has decide to go with recently, and it appears to be working better than it had done with Cummings instead of Boyle.

Now with yesterday's news that Fyvie and McGinn out for a while, we may see a different system applied that uses Jason in the team, who knows?

What i do think, is that in my opinion Boyle has played himself into the team at the expense of Cummings, and If Cummings is to get back in the side, it should not be to replace Boyle at this moment in time.

Can we no keep the same system but use cummings instead of Holt ? I know graham started the last game, so does tht mean jason is 4th choice now ? Because he didn't score in a few games where we had ten mean he becomes 4th choice striker lol maybe 5th choice when James a goal every 7 games keatings returns !

TonyStokeprano
24-11-2016, 12:15 PM
All this chat about being better without cummings? Is their a chance that were better because we finally started using boyles pace upfront like most fans have been wanting to see more of him since he signed, who's to saye cummings and Boyle wouldn't be our best combo ? Let's wait and see until Jason's had the chance everyone else has had with the new pacey strike partner.

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2016, 12:16 PM
Can we no keep the same system but use cummings instead of Holt ? I know graham started the last game, so does tht mean jason is 4th choice now ? Because he didn't score in a few games where we had ten mean he becomes 4th choice striker lol maybe 5th choice when James a goal every 7 games keatings returns !

Of course we can, but i dont pick the team, and as i have said repeatedly, the TEAM in my opinion looks better the way its set up now.

Lennon seems to favour a big guy and a little one, or it could be a big one and a quicker one, i dont know. I'm just stating that the current way Lennon it setting us up looks more threatening than it did earlier in the season.

TonyStokeprano
24-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Of course we can, but i dont pick the team, and as i have said repeatedly, the TEAM in my opinion looks better the way its set up now.

Lennon seems to favour a big guy and a little one, or it could be a big one and a quicker one, i dont know. I'm just stating that the current way Lennon it setting us up looks more threatening than it did earlier in the season.

Maybe poor man management then to drop your top scorer down to 5th choice after he basically won you all the points in the opening 5 games because no one else was scoring, he had a dry spell when we got 3 players sent off in 3 games including two of our harder away games.

Some comments on here about cummings you'd think he was a rowan vine and not a guy that's scored about 20 goals against our main rivals in last few seasons.

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Maybe poor man management then to drop your top scorer down to 5th choice after he basically won you all the points in the opening 5 games because no one else was scoring, he had a dry spell when we got 3 players sent off in 3 games including two of our harder away games.

Some comments on here about cummings you'd think he was a rowan vine and not a guy that's scored about 20 goals against our main rivals in last few seasons.

It's no poor management to get the team playing better, it's a team game not a one man team. WTF are you on about comparing him to Vine, apart from you, nobody is doing that?

And as for him being 4th or 5th choice, how do you know this? Lennon it appears likes a big one and a little one, or at least one target man and a smaller direct player.

He's behind Boyle because he's playing well, it seems some folk are overthinking this, the team is doing well, and all Cummings needs to do is take his chance when it next comes along, just as boyle has done now.

JimBHibees
24-11-2016, 12:49 PM

Its a competitive business and if the manager wants forwards to work and defend from the front more then he has every right to pick as he chooses fit. It is then up to Jason to play out of his skin at training and games to get his place back. Getting sent off in a recent development game for dissent wont have helped his case hugely that is for sure. I can see the point in questioning it if the player coming in hadnt done the business, Boyle blatantly deserves his place for his workrate and goal threat he provides.

JimBHibees
24-11-2016, 12:49 PM
It's no poor management to get the team playing better, it's a team game not a one man team. WTF are you on about comparing him to Vine, apart from you, nobody is doing that?

And as for him being 4th or 5th choice, how do you know this? Lennon it appears likes a big one and a little one, or at least one target man and a smaller direct player.

He's behind Boyle because he's playing well, it seems some folk are overthinking this, the team is doing well, and all Cummings needs to do is take his chance when it next comes along, just as boyle has done now.

Nail on the head.

147lothian
24-11-2016, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;4865219]It's no poor management to get the team playing better, it's a team game not a one man team. WTF are you on about comparing him to Vine, apart from you, nobody is doing that?

He's behind Boyle because he's playing well, it seems some folk are overthinking this, the team is doing well, and all Cummings needs to do is take his chance when it next comes along, just as boyle has done now.[/QUOTE

I tend to agree with the part in bold

TonyStokeprano
24-11-2016, 01:53 PM

Sorry I've seen umpteen quotes about jason no being goood enough, all round game is crap etc, not saying you said it in particular, I just think he deserves a bit more leeway from the fans after some of the important goals he's scored for us but I suppose some hibs fans just loved criticising riordans workrate and Griffiths attitude etc.....

The cash we turned down for a guy who has 4 strikers getting selected ahead of him has left me a bit annoyed , its not like were swimming in cash, I expected lennon to start reintroducing him into games when we were cruising etc but against st mirren he didn't get on , should've been on a lot earlier against Falkirk I felt.

And im not convicned were better without him especially since we changed to a back 3 permanently since our bad run and added the pacey Boyle who I think can help the other strikers a lot.

TonyStokeprano
24-11-2016, 02:07 PM

I said poor man management not poor management of the whole team lol and I've given a reason above eg I think he should have got on against st mirren and at half time against ten man Falkirk etc, I think lennon will get us out this league no problem no issues with his management of the team as a whole although I don't think grant holt brings any more than cummings to the table in terms of workrate and goal threat , just height. All just my opinion

greenpaper55
24-11-2016, 02:20 PM
What if by playing cummings we get goals from him but maybe lose more goals due to his lets say inability to press the opposition ? if the opposition have time on the ball they can dominate the game and you are put under pressure, this might account for his lack of game time.

West lower
25-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Yes. Personally - would always want my top striker on the park.

As it happens I wouldn't drop Boyle either.

All very well Boyle ratio being as good as Cummings over a couple of games - not the same as being consistent over 2 seasons though. When Keatings came in last season he hit 5 in 3, then never scored again for months. Will also be interesting to see if Boyle can score regular against the better teams and when it comes to it SPL teams. Jason has stepped up to that mark time and again.

Love the squirrel by the way - just Cummings is IMO our best striker by a country mile. Hence multi million pound interest from down south (we aren't getting that offer for any of our other strikers anytime soon unfortunately)

Not really sure of this latest tag line either btw.
'Our top goalscorer but not our best striker' to me that's one in the same - sorry

Putting the ball in the net is widely accepted as being the hardest part of the game hence in general terms goalscorer go for the big bucks. If you find yourself fortunate enough to have a consistent 30 goal a season man think yourself lucky and if he doesn't also hold the ball up well or work his socks of - put people in beside him that do. Less we swap him out for either a carthorse or a fans favourite heart on sleeve grafter in which case we can cover more ground, have more posession but ultimately score less goals.

The top scorer is not necessarily a teams best striker in my opinion. For example I give you Rush and Dalglish at Liverpool. Rush always scored a barrowload more, but there is not a defender on the planet who thought Rush was the better striker.

Unseen work
25-11-2016, 10:50 PM
I find it absolutely bizarre the lack of support and criticism Cummings get.

People question his attitude with no real substance behind it other than the odd interview where he comes across as funny and one story in McDonald's.

I don't know why but our best players that go on to better things always seem to get criticism

Riordan
Whittaker
Fletcher

I for one love Cummings and think we are very lucky to have him here.

superfurryhibby
25-11-2016, 10:54 PM
My source is reliable don't worry about that. As for Neil mentioning Jc weight I wouldn't of thought that was something he would of made public.

He didn't , you did. Whilst some may think you made this up, ah believe.........

Audio Visual
25-11-2016, 10:54 PM

People question his attitude with no real substance behind it other than the odd interview where he comes across as funny and one story in McDonald's.

I don't know why but our best players that go on to better things always seem to get criticism

Riordan
Whittaker
Fletcher

100% agree. Easter Road would be a duller and less successful place without the laddie. Cut him some slack.

MacGruber
25-11-2016, 11:57 PM
The top scorer is not necessarily a teams best striker in my opinion. For example I give you Rush and Dalglish at Liverpool. Rush always scored a barrowload more, but there is not a defender on the planet who thought Rush was the better striker.

Fair point. Though worth pointing out Rush was a world class striker in his own right. I find it very much the exception to the rule though. Top goalscorer, top marksman, top striker 9 times out of 10. Anyway, at Hibs it's not a close run thing Cummings is the best striker we have by a distance IMO.

FitbaFolkKen
26-11-2016, 06:45 PM
Noticed on Outside the Box the guys made a joke about in the Fitba Manager section about pulling Boyle because Cummings doesn't like playing with him.

Bartley commented it's like Stokesy all over again! Maybe a wee insight into what a lot of us were saying about them playing together last season.

lord bunberry
26-11-2016, 07:56 PM
Noticed on Outside the Box the guys made a joke about in the Fitba Manager section about pulling Boyle because Cummings doesn't like playing with him.

Bartley commented it's like Stokesy all over again! Maybe a wee insight into what a lot of us were saying about them playing together last season.
I think you're over thinking things. I reckon Lennon is dropping Cummings to teach him a lesson that he can't take things for granted. I fully expect Cummings to come back in against Dundee Utd on Friday and have a great game and receive a glowing report from Lennon in his after match interview.

Marco G
26-11-2016, 08:49 PM
I think you're over thinking things. I reckon Lennon is dropping Cummings to teach him a lesson that he can't take things for granted. I fully expect Cummings to come back in against Dundee Utd on Friday and have a great game and receive a glowing report from Lennon in his after match interview.
And after he dropped him, then when Keats then Boyle stepped up to the plate he did what many good manager does - keeps a winning combo.
I think Utd are lacking pace at the back, so will not be surprised to see Boyle start again with Graham. But I agree that Cummings will be scoring plenty more before the season is out.

J-C
26-11-2016, 10:49 PM

This.

Seemingly Jason missed a bodyfat exam and also never turned up for the golf outing, Lennon is simply teaching him a lesson that he's not the billy big baws at the club and others have stepped up to the plate and delivered, Jason will have to earn his place in the team like everyone else.

leither17
26-11-2016, 11:34 PM

Or maybe certain players read the forums and Twitter because that has been said the Cummings/Stokes partnership thing

FitbaFolkKen
27-11-2016, 01:55 AM

I was talking about the Stokesy and Cummings playing together - not about him being dropped this season.

It was something that was discussed at length last season.

The Green Goblin
27-11-2016, 08:44 AM

Riordan
Whittaker
Fletcher

Riordan was one of our best players and one of my favourite Hibs players ever, but looking back, I really don't think you could say he went on to better things, could you?

I'm sure we will see Cummings back in the team and finding his form again, but as J-C said, he has to earn it and respond to the disappointment of not being regularly involved in the right way, namely doubling down on the effort and setting out to prove to NL that he has no choice but to pick him.

Phil MaGlass
27-11-2016, 09:49 AM
Cummings is a great wee player and will come back stronger, he now has a point to prove. To be honest being sidelined may be good for him. He will now have another view of whre he is and what is expected of him, not bad for a young lad, Jason could and should go on to bigger and better things, its now up to him, were all behind him, hes not in a slump he has been left out for whatever reason, I have absolutely no doubt that when given the chance to prove himself he will take it.

Enough said
27-11-2016, 06:23 PM
This.

Seemingly Jason missed a bodyfat exam and also never turned up for the golf outing, Lennon is simply teaching him a lesson that he's not the billy big baws at the club and others have stepped up to the plate and delivered, Jason will have to earn his place in the team like everyone else.

Thanks mate , everyone though I was talking nonsense about Cummings .