PDA

View Full Version : Restricted view at tannadice

twiceinathens
23-11-2016, 12:38 PM
FAO those buying tickets for Tannadice. After having difficulty with online ticket purchase decided to revert to the phone line. I was told that all available tickets were "restricted". Knowing that this can cover a multitude of sins have regretfully opted to watch on TV.

CB_NO3
23-11-2016, 12:46 PM
When you play a pub team who have one of the worst stadiums in Scotland its pretty much expected.

Would never put me off going though.

wearethehibs
23-11-2016, 12:49 PM
The restricted view will just be near 1 corner flag down their end of the pitch. Strange reason to not want to go to the game. Surely the reason you go to games is to support the team?

Earlydelivery
23-11-2016, 12:54 PM
West stand 1 available

scoopyboy
23-11-2016, 01:03 PM
FAO those buying tickets for Tannadice. After having difficulty with online ticket purchase decided to revert to the phone line. I was told that all available tickets were "restricted". Knowing that this can cover a multitude of sins have regretfully opted to watch on TV.

Could be pillars in the West Stand, not enough to spoil the entertainment though, we used to have them in our East.

.Sean.
23-11-2016, 02:43 PM
When you play a pub team who have one of the worst stadiums in Scotland its pretty much expected.

Would never put me off going though.
Maybe so but give me a Tannadice or a Fir Park over soulless dives like St Mirren, St Johnstone etc any day of the week.

JDHibs
23-11-2016, 03:34 PM
Sounds like you are just looking for an excuse not to go.

Restricted view can mean many things and would definitely not put me off going. I was technically in a restricted view seat at Old Trafford as i was high up and when they punted the ball in the air, i couldnt see the ball for a split second.

Not exactly a big deal.

erin go bragh
23-11-2016, 03:39 PM
We had a restricted view at Celtic park when we done them 3-1 . Best viewing I've seen there ;)

twiceinathens
23-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Sounds like you are just looking for an excuse not to go.

Restricted view can mean many things and would definitely not put me off going. I was technically in a restricted view seat at Old Trafford as i was high up and when they punted the ball in the air, i couldnt see the ball for a split second.

Not exactly a big deal.

First away game I have missed this season, including Copenhagen and Turiff. Attended about 85% plus of games over the last 40 years including he joys of venues such as Cowdenbeath. I am no part-time supporter.

Del Boy
23-11-2016, 05:24 PM
Restricted view for the fair play stand is not being able to see touchline immediately below you. No big deal.

scoopyboy
23-11-2016, 05:50 PM
First away game I have missed this season, including Copenhagen and Turiff. Attended about 85% plus of games over the last 40 years including he joys of venues such as Cowdenbeath. I am no part-time supporter.

I don't think a restricted view ticket would curb your entertainment that much tbh.

Kojock
23-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Restricted view for the fair play stand is not being able to see touchline immediately below you. No big deal.

As you say depending on where you are seated the near side touchline is obscured. The biggest problem with the stand is the restricted legroom. Dundonians of old must've been the height of Jimmy Crankie.

H18 SFR
23-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Having decided not to go, 5 tickets purchased for the West enclosure. As long as I see the ball hit the back of the net I don't care.

calumhibee1
23-11-2016, 06:19 PM

I don't blame you. I get what other people are saying about being there and supporting the club but paying full whack for a restricted view seat while Hibs aren't getting any of the money, I can see why someone wouldn't buy it.

Sir David Gray
23-11-2016, 10:22 PM
I don't blame you. I get what other people are saying about being there and supporting the club but paying full whack for a restricted view seat while Hibs aren't getting any of the money, I can see why someone wouldn't buy it.

Me neither.

It's ridiculous in this day and age that professional football clubs are able to get away with selling a ticket with a restricted view, particularly at full price.

monktonharp
23-11-2016, 11:01 PM
First away game I have missed this season, including Copenhagen and Turiff. Attended about 85% plus of games over the last 40 years including he joys of venues such as Cowdenbeath. I am no part-time supporter.stop Girnin' about nothing. this game will virtually sell out, from an away point of view and you can watch it in the pub. probably what you want. others will take your ticket. seems like you are trying to encourage others NOT to go!

Allant1981
24-11-2016, 11:19 AM
I don't think a restricted view ticket would curb your entertainment that much tbh.

Of course it would, if you are constantly struggling to see then its annoying, ive had it at stadiums before and it does put you off going

scoopyboy
24-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Of course it would, if you are constantly struggling to see then its annoying, ive had it at stadiums before and it does put you off going

Did it stop people going to the old East Terracing?

Carheenlea
24-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Can't be as bad as this cracking seat I had at Parkhead one time.

http://i68.tinypic.com/4kv5eq.jpg

scoopyboy
24-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Can't be as bad as this cracking seat I had at Parkhead one time.

http://i68.tinypic.com/4kv5eq.jpg

Parkhead is the worst I have known for restricted view.

Had them a couple of times and moved seats once the game had started, on one occasion a steward saw me and told me to get back to my proper seat. To compound matters the big tv screen that was meant to help wasn't working. IIRC got thumped 6-0 so probably helped me!!!!

Hibee87
24-11-2016, 11:37 AM
I mind sitting near the back and couldnt see the corner flag to the right hand side. Stood up a couple of times when we had a corner and the steward was straight at us saying we couldnt stand (2 of us and no one around us) we told him to behave and said if we didnt sit we would be chucked out. Then Deek scored (sure it was a 1 1 draw) and we were up cheering and he was right over at us telling us once more and we were out. Told him to do one and move seat further along, stood the rest of the game and had a laugh with the steward behind us.

but yeah, the further back you are the byline and one of the corner flags is all that is really restricted

frazeHFC
24-11-2016, 01:48 PM
How many do people reckon we'll take up there? Tickets seem to be selling very well.

Allant1981
24-11-2016, 01:55 PM
Did it stop people going to the old East Terracing?

How could i possibly answer that?

Billy Whizz
24-11-2016, 01:56 PM
One of the problems in the fair play stand, is the stewards stand at the top of the stairs, blocking your view of the game, that's generally why we have so many fall outs with them

scoopyboy
24-11-2016, 02:22 PM
How could i possibly answer that?

I was a loaded question I must admit but being behind the goals at Tannadice will be similar in terms of restricted views due to pillars as the old East.

Allant1981
24-11-2016, 05:49 PM
I was a loaded question I must admit but being behind the goals at Tannadice will be similar in terms of restricted views due to pillars as the old East.

It personally wouldnt out me off, in the old east my season ticket was under the tv gantry and i struggled to see sometimes but didnt stop me going, away games are different though and can see why restricted views would put people off, again not me personally but each to their own

Keith_M
24-11-2016, 06:01 PM

Sorry Scoops, but the OLD East had no pillars, as it didnae have a roof!

:wink:

twiceinathens
24-11-2016, 06:40 PM
stop Girnin' about nothing. this game will virtually sell out, from an away point of view and you can watch it in the pub. probably what you want. others will take your ticket. seems like you are trying to encourage others NOT to go!

Your snide comment about probably wanting to watch the game in the pub and/or dissuading others is both insulting and inaccurate As I mentioned in additional post my attendance at Hibs games home and away for the last forty plus years is not to be sniffed at. I merely wished to express my disappointment and to make others aware of the situation. It is then up to the individual to make his/her own decision about going not going

green&left
25-11-2016, 08:25 AM
Your snide comment about probably wanting to watch the game in the pub and/or dissuading others is both insulting and inaccurate As I mentioned in additional post my attendance at Hibs games home and away for the last forty plus years is not to be sniffed at. I merely wished to express my disappointment and to make others aware of the situation. It is then up to the individual to make his/her own decision about going not going

To be fair you set yourself up for some of those comments with your original post. If you want to go and support your team you'll go, whether you've got the best seat in the house or stuck in the gods behind a pillar.

Not wanting to cheer on the lads in what is our biggest game of the season 'cos you can't see a tiny part of the pitch is very strange indeed. Still each to their own and all that...

scoopyboy
25-11-2016, 09:27 AM
Sorry Scoops, but the OLD East had no pillars, as it didnae have a roof!

:wink:

That was the old, old East that had no pillars.:wink: