PDA

View Full Version : Pat Stanton Standing for Board Election

HappyHibby93
22-11-2016, 08:15 PM
I see Pat has announced that he will be standing to be elected onto the board. Could be an interesting move considering he is an honorary member of HSL. Would be good to see HSL get a shot in the arm. Surely a given that Pat is elected?

lucky
22-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Where's it been announced? Certainly going to put the cat amongst the pigeons. He is a club legend but apart from that what's he bringing to the table? The big complaint most have is communication so how is Pat going to improve that? Does he use social media? Does he meet fans in the HSC and Behind the Goals before games? Not having ago but not sure what he brings to the table as a representative of the fans.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-11-2016, 09:15 PM
Gets my vote.

Ozyhibby
22-11-2016, 09:18 PM
Not sure what he offers apart from sentimentality. Hopefully we get some more candidates soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
22-11-2016, 09:20 PM
I see Pat has announced that he will be standing to be elected onto the board. Could be an interesting move considering he is an honorary member of HSL. Would be good to see HSL get a shot in the arm. Surely a given that Pat is elected?

Is this as a Fans director?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-11-2016, 09:30 PM
And get Judy Murray on the board anaw.

et vireta
22-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Well this is my first post on here and I feel honoured that my first post relates to Pat Stanton.

For our football club I think it's a great opportunity to have at board level a real football brain coupled with being a great great Hibby.
I for one am not really interested in meeting Directors in the Hibs club or Behind the goals etc. I want my Directors to communicate and act in the manner of the Tommy Youngers or the Jimmy Kerrs.They were first and foremost football men who knew what made a football club tick.They were Hibs men who knew what the Hibs supporters wanted...Success on the park, a good team playing exciting stylish football.

Pat Stanton knows football from top to bottom, what an opportunity to tap into that knowledge at board level! We don't have that knowledge available just now. Stanton is a Hibs man who has the passion and expertise to improve our club.

Its been a great year for the Hibs, lets finish it in style lets get Pat Stanton in the role he deserves.........serving the football club he loves.

Andy74
22-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Maybe he should be on the board but I don't think it should be as one of the fan rep roles.

The whole Buy Hibs thing wasn't his finest hour either.

HibsNutter
22-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Please remember to vote based on suitability for the job rather than name.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-11-2016, 09:37 PM
Well this is my first post on here and I feel honoured that my first post relates to Pat Stanton.

For our football club I think it's a great opportunity to have at board level a real football brain coupled with being a great great Hibby.
I for one am not really interested in meeting Directors in the Hibs club or Behind the goals etc. I want my Directors to communicate and act in the manner of the Tommy Youngers or the Jimmy Kerrs.They were first and foremost football men who knew what made a football club tick.They were Hibs men who knew what the Hibs supporters wanted...Success on the park, a good team playing exciting stylish football.

Pat Stanton knows football from top to bottom, what an opportunity to tap into that knowledge at board level! We don't have that knowledge available just now. Stanton is a Hibs man who has the passion and expertise to improve our club.

Its been a great year for the Hibs, lets finish it in style lets get Pat Stanton in the role he deserves.........serving the football club he loves.

100% agree. I think Pat would be perfect for that position.

Speaks well, loves Hibs, loves the game and could be the link we need between the board and the fans.

The Harp
22-11-2016, 09:40 PM

Wow! That's some first post - well done!
Agree with you 100%. Can't think of anyone more deserving of a seat on the board than Pat Stanton. IMO this should have been done years ago, still better late than never. Let's get Mr Hibs onto our board.

Ozyhibby
22-11-2016, 09:44 PM
I think there is now only one spot available for a fans rep unfortunately. Pat will win by a landslide. Hopefully we get great choice of candidates for the other post.

linlithgowhibbie
22-11-2016, 09:56 PM
It was announced at our Persevered Tour visit tonight and Pat confirmed it so it is genuine

jacomo
22-11-2016, 10:31 PM
I think there is now only one spot available for a fans rep unfortunately. Pat will win by a landslide. Hopefully we get great choice of candidates for the other post.

Works for me.

One of them can be the fans rep, very visible, and Pat can remind the board of their responsibilities when they meet.

Stantons Angel
22-11-2016, 11:11 PM
Please remember to vote based on suitability for the job rather than name.

Im rather taken aback that you dont think the name alone of Pat Stanton is suitable to represent Hibs supporters on the board of Hibernian FC?

In my mind he is an excellent ambassador to the club and will bring knowledge of football itself and the passion of the fans for their club to the fore of anything he gets involved in.

IMO, In the past there has been some times where this man has not always been treated in the way an living legend should be by his club and its time they did listen to what he has to say on behalf of the feeling going around the support.

Im reading here that "communication" is being touted as the main problem at Hibs, when over the past two seasons the communication between the fans and the board has improved vastly. The outgoing representatives have not had a lot of to say via the new media and this is not just a way of communicating. There are more personal ways to feed the fans with information as well as the written word. Pat Stanton is always available to speak about Hibs and will listen and give his thoughts on all things Hibs too.

I think you will find that sentiment will matter in the vote if he stands because everyone that votes for him will know they will get 100% towards taking our club forward towards bigger and better things.

Yes he is an Honorary member of HSL but if he gets this job he is a fans' representative first and foremost.
This club of ours needs someone of his standing to get our message across when its needed and he is the man to do it!

He will get my vote anyway!!!

NAE NOOKIE
22-11-2016, 11:34 PM
Where's it been announced? Certainly going to put the cat amongst the pigeons. He is a club legend but apart from that what's he bringing to the table? The big complaint most have is communication so how is Pat going to improve that? Does he use social media? Does he meet fans in the HSC and Behind the Goals before games? Not having ago but not sure what he brings to the table as a representative of the fans.

With the greatest of respect to a club legend this is kind of where I am as well. Before getting my vote I would want to know what Pat thinks on subjects the fans are interested in, from how we progress on the park to standing areas in the stadium and in these days of social media I want to see it on a platform I can access ..... for example, its not much use to out of town fans to hear that XYZ spoke to St Pats branch last night and it was very interesting.

Pat was a leading light in the Petrie out campaign, how would that affect his relationships not only with Petrie, but also with Leanne Dempster .... its pretty clear to me that in public at least both sides have buried the hatchet, but is there still background radiation?

There is no doubt whatsoever that Pat Stanton will always have the best interests of Hibs at heart, the guy bleeds green and white and if you could put Hibs in a bottle it would be Stanton shaped .... but as far as I know he hasn't had a managerial job in 22 years, he isn't involved in football in any administrative or coaching sense and hasn't been since he stopped managing and he isn't a businessman in outside industry either that I'm aware of ... so apart from a love of Hibernian FC as a qualification what does he bring to the table?

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2016, 02:23 AM
Incredible the passion this man still has for the club, as fan, player, captain, manager and now to stand for supporters rep. He will walk it and deserves to. I'd vote him for just about anything.

California-Hibs
23-11-2016, 03:29 AM
Sorry to go a little off track but it's still Pat Stanton related. Does anyone have any quotes from him regarding the Cup Win? I might be making it up but I'm sure I saw a video and he was almost sounding slightly bitter that this current Hibs team had done it rather than when he was playing? Or perhaps it was in the run up to the 2013 Celtic Cup Final that he was saying something about the current crop of players not being good enough. My memory is clearly hazzy on the matter. Whenever it was I remember it left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth.

I could be way off the way and apologize if so. I just seem to remember a certain video that was shared on here with an interview from him that left we a tad disappointed.

Forza Fred
23-11-2016, 04:45 AM
I can think of no better Fans Rep candidate than Pat Stanton.

He certainly wouldn't be in it for an ego trip, nor to curry favour with anyone.

Onceinawhile
23-11-2016, 05:54 AM
Sorry to go a little off track but it's still Pat Stanton related. Does anyone have any quotes from him regarding the Cup Win? I might be making it up but I'm sure I saw a video and he was almost sounding slightly bitter that this current Hibs team had done it rather than when he was playing? Or perhaps it was in the run up to the 2013 Celtic Cup Final that he was saying something about the current crop of players not being good enough. My memory is clearly hazzy on the matter. Whenever it was I remember it left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth.

I could be way off the way and apologize if so. I just seem to remember a certain video that was shared on here with an interview from him that left we a tad disappointed.

He was asked last night what he preferred as a day, '72 or '16 and said '16. So I don't think he would have sounded bitter.

Beefster
23-11-2016, 05:54 AM
That's democracy. The fans reps election was always going to be a popularity contest anyway. We might as well have it won by someone we all love.

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2016, 06:10 AM
That's democracy. The fans reps election was always going to be a popularity contest anyway. We might as well have it won by someone we all love.

That just about sums the whole thing up for me, for what in reality is just a box ticking exercise.

Fans rep is that in name only, they don't represent the fans, they just do a few of the menial jobs that give the main directors more chance to get on with the real business of running the club.

I personally can't think of anything they have done that represents the fans, or told us anything we'd have not heard from the club.

It looks good, it ticks a box but their job carries no weight and does very little apart from help the board, which is no bad thing but is hardly representing the fans.

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2016, 06:19 AM
Pat Stanton is a Hibs legend clearly. I know very little of Pat apart from what I have picked up on here and from other fans over the years. The fans reps position seems to be a great way of the club saying they have reps on the board without reps actually representing or communicating with the fans they are supposed to represent. So to my mind that representative may as well be a Hibs legend rather than anyone else.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2016, 06:23 AM

They would be as well not bothering with an election.

Pat Stanton will obviously win by an overwhelming majority and the lad from the Fans News page will win the other position comfortably.

No issue with that as for different reasons they will be able to mobilise big nunbers (relatively speaking) to vote for them but I do feel a bit sorry for anyone else who wants to stand who may be bringing sonething to the table and won't really get a look in now.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-11-2016, 06:27 AM
Who's the boy from the Hibs Fans news and what credentials makes him stand out?

JimBHibees
23-11-2016, 06:29 AM
Would hope this was Pat's decision alone and not doing it on behalf of others who may have an agenda. His involvement with the Buy Hibs shambles wasnt a highlight.

Radium
23-11-2016, 06:47 AM
Who's the boy from the Hibs Fans news and what credentials makes him stand out?

Without knowing him I suspect that having over 7000 people signed up to the Facebook page will give him access to lots of potential votes.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2016, 06:55 AM
Without knowing him I suspect that having over 7000 people signed up to the Facebook page will give him access to lots of potential votes.

Yep, that's what I meant.

It wasn't meant as a dig either, no different from any other election where people look to maximise their vote amongst those they are known to. I'm sure Frank done well with HSA members last time out and Amits visibility both on here and Twitter probably stood him in good stead as well.

Earlydelivery
23-11-2016, 07:21 AM
I would just vote for him plain and simply because he's the greatest player I've ever seen .:greengrin

WhileTheChief..
23-11-2016, 07:36 AM
Not keen on this at all.

This whole fans rep thing should be scrapped, it's just going to lead to problems further down the line.

Do the club have to appoint whoever is voted for? I mean, if this facebook guy turns out to be a total roaster can the existing board just say no? I hope so.

Radium
23-11-2016, 07:43 AM
Yep, that's what I meant.

It wasn't meant as a dig either, no different from any other election where people look to maximise their vote amongst those they are known to. I'm sure Frank done well with HSA members last time out and Amits visibility both on here and Twitter probably stood him in good stead as well.

Didn't think anything you wrote was a dig. All seemed very pragmatic. Suspect that there will need to be a few rounds of elections for the role and electioneering to settle down.

Brightside
23-11-2016, 07:45 AM
The whole thing is a waste of time now. They should just knock it on the head.

How on earth can Pat be a Fans Reps? Make him an honorary non exec director by all means. But how is he going to represent the normal fan in the board room.

And i wont even bother on the Hibs Fans FB lad.

northstandhibby
23-11-2016, 07:46 AM
Pat gets my vote.

A lovely well spoken accessible person who is hibs through and through.

:agree:

Ozyhibby
23-11-2016, 07:46 AM
Not keen on this at all.

This whole fans rep thing should be scrapped, it's just going to lead to problems further down the line.

Do the club have to appoint whoever is voted for? I mean, if this facebook guy turns out to be a total roaster can the existing board just say no? I hope so.

No the club can scrap the whole thing if we don't send anyone to their liking.

scoopyboy
23-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Not keen on this at all.

So should the club have roaster interviews before the voting?

Surely a waste of time people voting for someone who then isn't going to get on.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-11-2016, 08:49 AM

Jordan has millions of followers some will be Hibees doesn't mean she has the credentials other than the numbers. I was trying to get to the matters of substance. Other than put up a page and maintain it what else have they done?

Genuine question as I don't know.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-11-2016, 08:51 AM
Boaty McBoatface in the running?

BroxburnHibee
23-11-2016, 09:00 AM
Where's McGlashan when you need him. :tee hee:

Baldy Foghorn
23-11-2016, 09:45 AM
So should the club have roaster interviews before the voting?

Surely a waste of time people voting for someone who then isn't going to get on.

The Club will meet everyone who has been put forward first, detailing the role, the requirements, time constraints etc, which would weed some people out, before the hustings stage begins

scoopyboy
23-11-2016, 09:54 AM
The Club will meet everyone who has been put forward first, detailing the role, the requirements, time constraints etc, which would weed some people out, before the hustings stage begins

Makes sense, as per previous post no point in the fans voting someone in for the board to say no.

Baldy Foghorn
23-11-2016, 10:07 AM
Makes sense, as per previous post no point in the fans voting someone in for the board to say no.

:agree::aok:

ajf
23-11-2016, 10:09 AM
I would just vote for him plain and simply because he's the greatest player I've ever seen .:greengrin
Stanton was/is my hero and was a great servant to us but certainly not the best player I've ever seen

IFONLY
23-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Stanton was/is my hero and was a great servant to us but certainly not the best player I've ever seen

Pray tell who is!!!!!!

Carheenlea
23-11-2016, 11:06 AM
If Frank and Amit are standing again, I'll vote for them to continue. A couple of years in the job and well known to the supporters and both would understand what the role involves. No fans rep is going to have the clout to influence radical change, and over the two years I'm sure both Frank and Amit have grown a thicker skin. I'd rather Pat remained a club hero rather than someone who will no doubt end up on the receiving end of criticism as a director.

JimBHibees
23-11-2016, 11:13 AM
If Frank and Amit are standing again, I'll vote for them to continue. A couple of years in the job and well known to the supporters and both would understand what the role involves. No fans rep is going to have the clout to influence radical change, and over the two years I'm sure both Frank and Amit have grown a thicker skin. I'd rather Pat remained a club hero rather than someone who will no doubt end up on the receiving end of criticism as a director.

Tend to agree with that. Without stating the obvious although he is obviously a Hibs man you would think this role should be for real fans in terms of guys who can put over what is is like to be a fan and the gripes they may have. Agree someone like Pat as non-exec director or such like, just not sure this is a good idea.

sleeping giant
23-11-2016, 11:20 AM

I agree.

I wouldnt have an issue if Pat was elected but I think Frank and Amit should continue .

superfurryhibby
23-11-2016, 11:30 AM
That just about sums the whole thing up for me, for what in reality is just a box ticking exercise.

Fans rep is that in name only, they don't represent the fans, they just do a few of the menial jobs that give the main directors more chance to get on with the real business of running the club.

I personally can't think of anything they have done that represents the fans, or told us anything we'd have not heard from the club.

It looks good, it ticks a box but their job carries no weight and does very little apart from help the board, which is no bad thing but is hardly representing the fans.

Too cyncial Blackpool. Whilst acknowledging the wider point some have made about evidence for change as a result of fans director reps, they have done plenty of positive work within the wider community. Given some of the stories I've heard relating to this, there is no way I would ever use the term "menial " to describe it. The people elected have represented the club and the fans very well in this respect. I'm pretty sure Pat Stanton would be as fine an ambassador for the club as any paid director in the type of outreach I'm referring to.

Golden Bear
23-11-2016, 12:04 PM

:agree:

Well said D.

Baldy Foghorn
23-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Can't get my head around "the quiet man" standing...Gut feeling is he has been pushed into this:confused:

Pretty Boy
23-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Can't get my head around "the quiet man" standing...Gut feeling is he has been pushed into this:confused:

It does seem a bit strange.

Frankly it shouldn't even be an issue as he should have had a position, honorary or otherwise, on the board years ago.

Baldy Foghorn
23-11-2016, 02:27 PM
It does seem a bit strange.

Frankly it shouldn't even be an issue as he should have had a position, honorary or otherwise, on the board years ago.

I thought he was an ambassador for the Club S?

Mikey
23-11-2016, 04:32 PM
I hope that those casting a vote will do so based on what the candidate will bring to the role, not because of who they are. It's something we should all take seriously.

ancient hibee
23-11-2016, 04:39 PM
Think it would be a mistake. Much better for him to have a non-board role fronting something for the club.

Tamhere1875
23-11-2016, 04:51 PM
How does Pat feel about this? Was he asked or was he pushed in to it. Pat is one of the few real legends at Easter Road and deserves to be treated as such.

Bostonhibby
23-11-2016, 05:02 PM
I hope that those casting a vote will do so based on what the candidate will bring to the role, not because of who they are. It's something we should all take seriously.
[emoji106] And I will probably be opting out if having a Facebook site / following / account is a criteria. There were voting qualifications that were a bit nearer to verifiable club connections than that last time around I think.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Green_one
23-11-2016, 06:31 PM
It was announced at our Persevered Tour visit tonight and Pat confirmed it so it is genuine

Watched the man, met the man, has my vote 100%. Think it would be a suitable acknowledgement to him.

One Day
23-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Im rather taken aback that you dont think the name alone of Pat Stanton is suitable to represent Hibs supporters on the board of Hibernian FC?

In my mind he is an excellent ambassador to the club and will bring knowledge of football itself and the passion of the fans for their club to the fore of anything he gets involved in.

IMO, In the past there has been some times where this man has not always been treated in the way an living legend should be by his club and its time they did listen to what he has to say on behalf of the feeling going around the support.

Im reading here that "communication" is being touted as the main problem at Hibs, when over the past two seasons the communication between the fans and the board has improved vastly. The outgoing representatives have not had a lot of to say via the new media and this is not just a way of communicating. There are more personal ways to feed the fans with information as well as the written word. Pat Stanton is always available to speak about Hibs and will listen and give his thoughts on all things Hibs too.

I think you will find that sentiment will matter in the vote if he stands because everyone that votes for him will know they will get 100% towards taking our club forward towards bigger and better things.

Yes he is an Honorary member of HSL but if he gets this job he is a fans' representative first and foremost.
This club of ours needs someone of his standing to get our message across when its needed and he is the man to do it!

He will get my vote anyway!!!

Hear Hear, well said

lucky
23-11-2016, 10:37 PM
Are former club employees aloud to stand? I'd have thought that Pat was earmarked as a Director when HSL got 20% shareholding. If more fans signed up to HSL we could get to the 20% shareholding and ensure we as supporters had 3 representatives on the board.

Forza Fred
24-11-2016, 12:22 AM
Have either of the current two fans reps indicated whether they are standing again or not?

Brizo
24-11-2016, 05:39 AM
I'd rather Pat remained a club hero rather than someone who will no doubt end up on the receiving end of criticism as a director.

:agree: Pats position at the clubs top table should be one that's guaranteed not subject to vote. I know he was / is a match day ambassador but a title like Life President is something that he should be given. I'm sure its a title that's been given down south , maybe to Tom Finney iirc.

Pat is such an approachable genuine guy that I hope he hasn't been persuaded to stand by friends who were campaigning against the Board previously ?

The fan director jobs a poison chalice imo. Frank Dougans never on the internet and gets pelters for it. Amit was all over the internet , particularly before his "election" , and gets pelters when he doesn't respond online to folks.

Frank does a lot of great work with the sick and bereaved in the Hibs community and I know that it has been greatly appreciated by the families involved. Amit turns up to supporter events and seems a decent guy. But I'm not convinced either has pushed through any real changes at board level that wouldn't have happened if there were no fan reps on the board. If I'm wrong, I'm interested to know what they have changed.

Our fan directors, to me, are like staff reps in a non union workplace...the impression of involvement but no real influence.

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Now endorsed by HSL Chairman.....

JimBHibees
24-11-2016, 10:34 AM
:agree: Pats position at the clubs top table should be one that's guaranteed not subject to vote. I know he was / is a match day ambassador but a title like Life President is something that he should be given. I'm sure its a title that's been given down south , maybe to Tom Finney iirc.

Pat is such an approachable genuine guy that I hope he hasn't been persuaded to stand by friends who were campaigning against the Board previously ?

The fan director jobs a poison chalice imo. Frank Dougans never on the internet and gets pelters for it. Amit was all over the internet , particularly before his "election" , and gets pelters when he doesn't respond online to folks.

Frank does a lot of great work with the sick and bereaved in the Hibs community and I know that it has been greatly appreciated by the families involved. Amit turns up to supporter events and seems a decent guy. But I'm not convinced either has pushed through any real changes at board level that wouldn't have happened if there were no fan reps on the board. If I'm wrong, I'm interested to know what they have changed.

Our fan directors, to me, are like staff reps in a non union workplace...the impression of involvement but no real influence.

Absolute nail on the head.

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Are former club employees aloud to stand? I'd have thought that Pat was earmarked as a Director when HSL got 20% shareholding. If more fans signed up to HSL we could get to the 20% shareholding and ensure we as supporters had 3 representatives on the board.

So HSL wants 3 on board now? (as well as fan's reps)

Forza Fred
24-11-2016, 10:51 AM
:agree: Pats position at the clubs top table should be one that's guaranteed not subject to vote. I know he was / is a match day ambassador but a title like Life President is something that he should be given. I'm sure its a title that's been given down south , maybe to Tom Finney

No disrespect to either of the current reps, but certainly from afar it appears that they fill the positions of 'additional resource" rather than fair dinkum directors.

They have possibly spent a lot of their time seeking ""acceptance" from the current board, and that was probably inevitable from whomever were the first elected so it is not a criticism.

I think their role was succinctly summed up by someone who said that rather than represent the fans'view to the board, they appear instead to represent the board's view to the fans.

Maybe that is a tad unfair as we currently enjoy a fairly harmonious period inThe club's history and major conflict is not about,but I am unaware of anything they actually HAVE done.

One thing I would haveexpected though was a degree of lobbying over the Brondby Hibs TV matter..which most on this board thought was not handled inThe best manner.

Without going into detail I contacted both reps to express my views.
One said he would raise it at the board meeting, and another said he spoke to someone at the club,but whether it WAS raised at a board meeting, and what was said to the other rep,I do not know.

Andy74
24-11-2016, 10:53 AM

Agree. Too many things getting mixed here! I don't think this is what the two positions were created for.

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 11:29 AM
Agree. Too many things getting mixed here! I don't think this is what the two positions were created for.

Seems to be dilution of process IMO. Definitely muddying the waters

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Cant see why anyone would moan about this being a popularity contest now, when that's what it clearly was last time?

lucky
24-11-2016, 11:45 AM

No 1 from HSL and 2 fans reps

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 11:47 AM
No 1 from HSL and 2 fans reps

So if HSL get to 20% they get a man on the Board?

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Cant see why anyone would moan about this being a popularity contest now, when that's what it clearly was last time?

It is a popularity contest I tend to agree, but not sure the roles are beneficial to the Support

BSEJVT
24-11-2016, 12:07 PM
Pat Stanton was my boyhood Hibs hero and remained so at least until we won the cup, maybe even now

But I am not sure that that qualifies him to be a Fans Rep on the board

The fact that he ill advisedly backed buy Hibs doesn't mark him out as a man with any great business or financial acumen, more someone seeking relevance to modern Hibs.

IMO there is a clear conflict of interests with his role in HSL also in becoming a Fans Rep and HSL supporting his or anyone else's candidacy for the role just appears plain wrong to me, if that is indeed the case.

I have to say that IMO HSL is absolutely shambolic and the fact that they have wasted and continue to waste a huge opportunity to promote their offering post cup win would also be a serious black mark against my supporting anyone they proposed who is involved in their governance.

To be honest even writing this post hasn't sat well with me as it feels like treason but IMO it needed to be said.

The Fans Rep role was created for a specific purpose and whilst people will have their own views on its success or failure and the relative merits of the present incumbents, I don't think it was ever intended to be created to give past players, even our most esteemed, another position at the club.

IMO there are other avenues and possibilities to do that such as Hibernian Former Players Association (if that's its correct name) or some other ambassadorial / ceremonial duties.

So as there is no doubt of my motivations, I have met Pat a few times away from ER and he is an absolute gentlemen and my regard for him only grew greater following those meetings, I hope Hibs can find a way to involve him further in promoting the club, but it wouldn't be as a Fans rep

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2016, 12:10 PM
It is a popularity contest I tend to agree, but not sure the roles are beneficial to the Support

Its a box ticking exercise, with a few odd jobs that are thrown their way to make it look as if they are doing things.

There have been a few problems that the fans have asked to be rectified or looked at, and lets be clear here, they would have been looked at by the club with or without ANY fans reps.

And we'd still have the same results, IE huff, puff and waffle.

Its a waste of time in my opinion, i await anyone telling me any different.

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 12:11 PM
Pat Stanton was my boyhood Hibs hero and remained so at least until we won the cup, maybe even now

The fact that he ill advisedly backed buy Hibs doesn't mark him out as a man with any great business or financial acumen, more someone seeking relevance to modern Hibs.

IMO there is a clear conflict of interests with his role in HSL also in becoming a Fans Rep and HSL supporting his or anyone else's candidacy for the role just appears plain wrong to me, if that is indeed the case.

I have to say that IMO HSL is absolutely shambolic and the fact that they have wasted and continue to waste a huge opportunity to promote their offering post cup win would also be a serious black mark against my supporting anyone they proposed who is involved in their governance.

To be honest even writing this post hasn't sat well with me as it feels like treason but IMO it needed to be said.

The Fans Rep role was created for a specific purpose and whilst people will have their own views on its success or failure and the relative merits of the present incumbents, I don't think it was ever intended to be created to give past players, even our most esteemed, another position at the club.

IMO there are other avenues and possibilities to do that such as Hibernian Former Players Association (if that's its correct name) or some other ambassadorial / ceremonial duties.

So as there is no doubt of my motivations, I have met Pat a few times away from ER and he is an absolute gentlemen and my regard for him only grew greater following those meetings, I hope Hibs can find a way to involve him further in promoting the club, but it wouldn't be as a Fans rep

Top post....:aok:

Forza Fred
24-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Its a box ticking exercise, with a few odd jobs that are thrown their way to make it look as if they are doing things.

There have been a few problems that the fans have asked to be rectified or looked at, and lets be clear here, they would have been looked at by the club with or without ANY fans reps.

And we'd still have the same results, IE huff, puff and waffle.

Its a waste of time in my opinion, i await anyone telling me any different.

I tend to agree.

These days if one has a gripe all one has to do is send an email to a specific individual at the club....
Simply asking a 'big boy' now to take up a matter for you, does not necessarily mean that he/she will represent it with the same feeling that you have for it, or indeed at all, and in my experience going through a 'middle man' certainly isn't any kind of guarantee to expedite the process.

lucky
24-11-2016, 12:34 PM
So if HSL get to 20% they get a man on the Board?

Yes

CockneyRebel
24-11-2016, 12:45 PM
With the greatest of respect to a club legend this is kind of where I am as well. Before getting my vote I would want to know what Pat thinks on subjects the fans are interested in, from how we progress on the park to standing areas in the stadium and in these days of social media I want to see it on a platform I can access ..... for example, its not much use to out of town fans to hear that XYZ spoke to St Pats branch last night and it was very interesting.

Pat was a leading light in the Petrie out campaign, how would that affect his relationships not only with Petrie, but also with Leanne Dempster .... its pretty clear to me that in public at least both sides have buried the hatchet, but is there still background radiation?

There is no doubt whatsoever that Pat Stanton will always have the best interests of Hibs at heart, the guy bleeds green and white and if you could put Hibs in a bottle it would be Stanton shaped .... but as far as I know he hasn't had a managerial job in 22 years, he isn't involved in football in any administrative or coaching sense and hasn't been since he stopped managing and he isn't a businessman in outside industry either that I'm aware of ... so apart from a love of Hibernian FC as a qualification what does he bring to the table?

1. It shouldn't matter what his views are, he would be there to put our views across.

2. What qualifications did the present incumbents bring to the table. Have they played professional football? no. Have they ever managed
a professional club? no. Have they ever been an ambassador to a professional club? no. He would bring all of that.

Having said that I do not believe Pat should be in for this job - as others on here have stated he should have a lifetime role representing the club (honorary President?). He is well known and widely respected in the football fraternity and well loved by all of us who watched him play the beautiful game.

JoeT_WasTheBest
24-11-2016, 12:46 PM

Spot on :aok:

southsider
24-11-2016, 01:44 PM
To have Pat on the board will bring headlines here in Scotland and with it how well fan ownership is progressing. Vote Pat ? Its a YES from me.

CropleyWasGod
24-11-2016, 01:52 PM
To have Pat on the board will bring headlines here in Scotland and with it how well fan ownership is progressing. Vote Pat ? Its a YES from me.

If I'm voting for a fan rep, I'm hoping to get something other than headlines. I (and most Hibbies) already know how fan ownership is progressing. I'm not sure it matters whether others do or not.

southsider
24-11-2016, 02:07 PM
If I'm voting for a fan rep, I'm hoping to get something other than headlines. I (and most Hibbies) already know how fan ownership is progressing. I'm not sure it matters whether others do or not.
I think it does. I want the good stuff our club does to be all over the papers. The papers seem to praise thieves and bigoted teams to the hilt but Hibs rarely get headlines in the Press. They even tried to steal our finest hour back on 21/5/16.

Andy74
24-11-2016, 02:07 PM

This position has nothing to do with fan ownership though.

CropleyWasGod
24-11-2016, 02:10 PM
I think it does. I want the good stuff our club does to be all over the papers. The papers seem to praise thieves and bigoted teams to the hilt but Hibs rarely get headlines in the Press. They even tried to steal our finest hour back on 21/5/16.

If there genuinely is an agenda against us in the media, is it likely that "one of our own" being on the Board would change that?

southsider
24-11-2016, 02:18 PM
If there genuinely is an agenda against us in the media, is it likely that "one of our own" being on the Board would change that?
You never know unless you try. Have Pat and Jackie Mac as fans reps for next two years. Then they stand down and give someone else a bash.

CallumLaidlaw
24-11-2016, 02:27 PM
You never know unless you try. Have Pat and Jackie Mac as fans reps for next two years. Then they stand down and give someone else a bash.

That's not really fans reps tho is it. That's former players reps. Are they gonna care about the same issue the every day run of the mill fan cares about? I doubt it. And I thought that was the point of the fans reps, to give the normal everyday run of the mill fans a voice in the board room.

surreyhibbie
24-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Not convinced about the whole "Fans Rep" thing at all

but if Pat feels he can achieve something by standing, fine by me.

He can do whatever he wants in my opinion!

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 03:11 PM
Does Pat own an ST or have client reference number, if not his nomination would fail at first hurdle, as these as required to apply

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Yes

So is this a masked way of getting two on the Board?

et vireta
24-11-2016, 03:21 PM
I think the debate on this has been superb.

For me one good thing to come out of this has been perhaps this time a lot more people will bother to vote.
If my memory serves me correctly the last turn out was very low in relation to the whole Hibs support (probably hundreds as opposed to thousands world wide)

Pat Stanton standing has opened the debate and this time a lot more people might vote and the Hibs fans from whatever their background will vote for the person they want and for whatever is their own personal reasons.

CropleyWasGod
24-11-2016, 03:24 PM

Not in itself.

There are many of us who are members of HSL. If any of us wanted to stand as fans' reps, we would be doing so in an independent capacity, and not on behalf of HSL.

CropleyWasGod
24-11-2016, 03:27 PM

For me one good thing to come out of this has been perhaps this time a lot more people will bother to vote.
If my memory serves me correctly the last turn out was very low in relation to the whole Hibs support (probably hundreds as opposed to thousands world wide)

Pat Stanton standing has opened the debate and this time a lot more people might vote and the Hibs fans from whatever their background will vote for the person they want and for whatever is their own personal reasons.

There were over 3,000 votes cast.

northstandhibby
24-11-2016, 03:29 PM

:thumbsup:

Like your user name. As far as I can make out it is 'Green Heaven'?

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Not in itself.

There are many of us who are members of HSL. If any of us wanted to stand as fans' reps, we would be doing so in an independent capacity, and not on behalf of HSL.

Not many regular members would have Kenny McAskill and Jackie Mac Snr endorsing them in the daily paper though

Billy Whizz
24-11-2016, 03:38 PM
Yes

At the expense of another non exec or fans director?

CropleyWasGod
24-11-2016, 03:40 PM
At the expense of another non exec or fans director?

AFAIK, it's in addition to them.

Billy Whizz
24-11-2016, 03:44 PM
AFAIK, it's in addition to them.

How many board members do we need, to run a £7million + Company

Jack
24-11-2016, 03:44 PM

From the HSL website:
"At 20% of the total shareholding and we have a director on the Board of Hibernian Football Club. "

If Pat stands and is successful there is the potential HSL would have 3 representatives.

Stephen Dunn is already a board member at the Club and HSL.

20% member number 2.

Pat Stanton fan rep and HSL honorary member, number 3.

It could be said though that any one of us that contributes to HSL would be in a similar dual role situation as Pat.

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 03:51 PM
From the HSL website:
"At 20% of the total shareholding and we have a director on the Board of Hibernian Football Club. "

If Pat stands and is successful there is the potential HSL would have 3 representatives.

Stephen Dunn is already a board member at the Club and HSL.

20% member number 2.

Pat Stanton fan rep and HSL honorary member, number 3.

It could be said though that any one of us that contributes to HSL would be in a similar dual role situation as Pat.

According to HSL website you could add Leeann to this to make 4?

CropleyWasGod
24-11-2016, 03:52 PM
How many board members do we need, to run a £7million + Company

IMO, the number is less relevant than clearly defining the roles of each directors.

Only a couple of the Board get paid, and we need to remember that. Frank and Amit have been involved in a lot of the community work over the last 18 months that, clearly, the Board think we need to do, but which they couldn't afford the time for in the past. Whether that's what we, as fans, expect of them is another debate; however, there's clearly plenty of work that the Board think needs done.

lucky
24-11-2016, 04:11 PM

Can't answer for HSL but Pats role would be different from a HSL member as both would representing different sections of the support

et vireta
24-11-2016, 05:51 PM
:thumbsup:

Like your user name. As far as I can make out it is 'Green Heaven'?

The Greens !

:flag:

Beefster
25-11-2016, 12:01 PM
That's not really fans reps tho is it. That's former players reps. Are they gonna care about the same issue the every day run of the mill fan cares about? I doubt it. And I thought that was the point of the fans reps, to give the normal everyday run of the mill fans a voice in the board room.

I don't think the incumbents have really given many run-of-the-mill fans a voice in the board room. An argument could be made that Frank has given his chums and supporters groups a voice but I don't recall many, if any, attempts to reach out to the wider support from either representative. I'd wager that for most of us, if we have a complaint, we either just suck it up or contact Leeann Dempster directly.

Personally, I'd scrap the entire concept but, if we have to tick that box, I'd much rather have a living legend enjoying the perks of being on the board than someone who can spin a line or rally his mates during the election process.

BTW, not related to the quoted post but I think it's a bit off attacking Stanton for being a bit naive in lending his name to BuyHibs. There were massive problems with BuyHibs and some of the individuals involved but Pat Stanton wasn't one of them.

BSEJVT
25-11-2016, 12:29 PM
I don't think the incumbents have really given many run-of-the-mill fans a voice in the board room. An argument could be made that Frank has given his chums and supporters groups a voice but I don't recall many, if any, attempts to reach out to the wider support from either representative. I'd wager that for most of us, if we have a complaint, we either just suck it up or contact Leeann Dempster directly.

Personally, I'd scrap the entire concept but, if we have to tick that box, I'd much rather have a living legend enjoying the perks of being on the board than someone who can spin a line or rally his mates during the election process.

BTW, not related to the quoted post but I think it's a bit off attacking Stanton for being a bit naive in lending his name to BuyHibs. There were massive problems with BuyHibs and some of the individuals involved but Pat Stanton wasn't one of them.

I'll respond to the bit in bold as it was me that posted that.

Any time you lend your name to something you are endorsing it.

There are 2 possibilities here:

1) Pat liked what he saw with Buy Hibs

2) He didn't properly consider what he was signing up to before doing so

I am sorry to say that neither of the options cast him as being suitable for the office he now seeks.

Any time you put yourself forward for office of any description, you leave yourself open to both the bouquets thrown by supporters (eg HSL) and the brickbats thrown by people who oppose your candidacy.

My original post gave me no pleasure at all, but I still believe that it is not appropriate for him to be seeking this office, nor for HSL to be promoting and supporting him.

I am quite happy that the Fans Rep's have seats on the board and recognise that as they hit their milestones HSL should have too.

I am extremely uncomfortable that HSL could through the back door wield more influence than their milestones entitle them to.

Other than the fact that HSL is a worthy vehicle (which I contribute to, as well as owning shares directly) I have seen nothing in their governance and administration which would encourage me to support their having more seats on the board.

Just so as everyone is clear I am not suggesting for a nano second they are doing anything wrong, I just don't think they are doing enough right.

They are probably constrained by the fact that they are all volunteers with busy lives and day jobs to attend to, but they haven't been nearly visible, pro-active or vocal enough for me and everything seems to be a bit too reactive.

What I do know of the current Fans Reps is the amount of their own time they have selflessly given to the task and the amount of supporters in happy and sad circumstances they have touched by doing so. I would have to question whether those behind HSL could have done so, given the time it takes them to issue certificates / respond to e-mails.

Finally I do not believe that the Fans Rep position is an appropriate medium for ex players, no matter how esteemed, to continue their privileged position with the club and its support.

Andy74
25-11-2016, 01:39 PM

I am sorry to say that neither of the options cast him as being suitable for the office he now seeks.

Any time you put yourself forward for office of any description, you leave yourself open to both the bouquets thrown by supporters (eg HSL) and the brickbats thrown by people who oppose your candidacy.

My original post gave me no pleasure at all, but I still believe that it is not appropriate for him to be seeking this office, nor for HSL to be promoting and supporting him.

I am quite happy that the Fans Rep's have seats on the board and recognise that as they hit their milestones HSL should have too.

I am extremely uncomfortable that HSL could through the back door wield more influence than their milestones entitle them to.

Other than the fact that HSL is a worthy vehicle (which I contribute to, as well as owning shares directly) I have seen nothing in their governance and administration which would encourage me to support their having more seats on the board.

Just so as everyone is clear I am not suggesting for a nano second they are doing anything wrong, I just don't think they are doing enough right.

They are probably constrained by the fact that they are all volunteers with busy lives and day jobs to attend to, but they haven't been nearly visible, pro-active or vocal enough for me and everything seems to be a bit too reactive.

What I do know of the current Fans Reps is the amount of their own time they have selflessly given to the task and the amount of supporters in happy and sad circumstances they have touched by doing so. I would have to question whether those behind HSL could have done so, given the time it takes them to issue certificates / respond to e-mails.

Finally I do not believe that the Fans Rep position is a an appropriate medium for ex players, no matter how esteemed to continue their privileged position with the club and its support.

Agree with all that and on BuyHibs. He's a grown up man and can make his own decisions based on what he sees.

As you say it was either poor research in what he was getting involved with or poor judgment.

Brooster
25-11-2016, 02:21 PM
The thing I dont get about the Fans reps is.......As a co-convenor of one of the big supporters clubs who take buses to all home and away matches we have never been approached by either rep to express our views on any fan related issue and on the occassions when we have put our point accross our views seem to have been ignored. I'm not seeing the benefits of these reps therefore beginning to wonder what the point is.

oldbutdim
25-11-2016, 02:24 PM
The Greens !

:flag:

What language is that then?

Green Heaven............. The Greens............
:confused:

I thought it was just 'and the greens' but that's schoolboy Latin translation.

CropleyWasGod
25-11-2016, 02:46 PM
What language is that then?

Green Heaven............. The Greens............
:confused:

I thought it was just 'and the greens' but that's schoolboy Latin translation.

As a fellow classical scholar, it means "and the greens" to me, too :agree:

Saturday Boy
25-11-2016, 02:54 PM
As a fellow classical scholar, it means "and the greens" to me, too :agree:

Et tu CWG? :wink: Where's the man in a toga smiley when you need it.

lucky
25-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Pats standing as a fan, a season ticket holder who happens to be a HSL member not exclusively representing any particular section of the support.

CropleyWasGod
25-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Et tu CWG? :wink: Where's the man in a toga smiley when you need it.

Ahhh, the repressed Latin scholars are climbing out of the woodwork now, eh no.?

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2016, 03:05 PM
The thing I dont get about the Fans reps is.......As a co-convenor of one of the big supporters clubs who take buses to all home and away matches we have never been approached by either rep to express our views on any fan related issue and on the occassions when we have put our point accross our views seem to have been ignored. I'm not seeing the benefits of these reps therefore beginning to wonder what the point is.

Thats because they are not fans reps, but reps for the board. In the beginning Amit seemed as if he was very intent on meeting the fans, through going behind the goals, going on a bus to away games and answering questions on here.

Not heard a word from Dougan, but that could just be me not looking in the right places. Yet now, its very very quiet, and folk like yourself as you say seem to have been completely ignored?

Like you Brooster, i'm not seeing any benefit for the fans, but i do see them doing work on behalf of the board, which is good work but not why they were in my opinion voted onto the board.

Mikey
25-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Pats standing as a fan, a season ticket holder who happens to be a HSL member not exclusively representing any particular section of the support.

I've been asking around and that's what I'm hearing too. He's doing it off his own back and isn't standing on anyone's behalf.

CropleyWasGod
25-11-2016, 03:26 PM

Finally I do not believe that the Fans Rep position is an appropriate medium for ex players, no matter how esteemed, to continue their privileged position with the club and its support.

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you say, one question:-

Would you disbar anyone who is a member of HSL from standing as a fans rep?

Mikey
25-11-2016, 03:38 PM

Yep.

BSEJVT
25-11-2016, 03:58 PM
I think there is a certain inevitability about the situation that has arisen.

I have absolutely no reason to question either the personal integrity of Frank or Amit or their diligence to their duties and have indeed praised both of them for both the latter and their impact.

They are however, as will the next incumbents, restricted by their duty of confidentiality which is a condition of their serving on the board and reinforced in the notes to applicants.

What I mean by their personal integrity is that I have no doubt that they have raised most if not all of the issues (I would imagine they will have some personal in built filter that dismisses some of the more bizarre suggestions) put to them in their official capacities but having raised them and the board rejecting them, I would imagine their stock response to be something along the lines of the issue was put to the board and rejected.

Its just not possible to explain why certain decisions were reached and I know from reading threads on this board that that lack of explanation to what happened with issues raised grates with many, it is sadly both inevitable and impossible for it to be otherwise.

I would hazard a guess that probably like some of their fellow board members they sat uncomfortably through the post cup final deliberations and ramifications and the deluge of sh*t that rained down on the club and its support, but were ultimately bound to either accept the judgement of the board on how to play things out or resign.

Other than a few ruffled feathers it is difficult to condemn the clubs handling of the situation, much as it goes against the grain not to fight back and defend the club and the fans.

Their position on the board is similar to that of Non exec board directors in every walk of life, they are put there to use their experiences and different skill sets to the Executive directors (and in their case provide input from fellow fans) to aid and inform the board and then need to either abide by the boards decisions or resign if they cannot.

Unfortunately there are no easy answers to the situation, the only real way to improve the situation IMO would be for the individuals elected to become paid employees of either Hibs or HSA in order that they could complete dedicate themselves to the task and be constantly available in the hope that may remove questions around their accessibility.

That's just not a practical solution as:

1) with the best will in the world there is always an element of whoever pays the piper calling the tune

2) if you presume that most people would not give up their careers for what may be a 2 year appointment, the talent pool of candidates is severely restricted

3) I doubt any impact they could ever have would equal the costs of expending that money which could be better spent elsewhere

Has Fans reps on the board worked?

I think it helped diffuse some of the tensions and mistrust that existed at the time of their election

Frank and Amit have done some great work and given of their time generously

The club does seem to listen / engage better than it did

But as Blackpool Hibs says above

but i do see them doing work on behalf of the board, which is good work but not why they were in my opinion voted onto the board.

I cannot see that situation changing no matter who is in place, not least because there is no formal referral process of issues to them nor quantification of how much of the support that issue resonates with.

BSEJVT
25-11-2016, 04:05 PM
Whilst I agree with a lot of what you say, one question:-

Would you disbar anyone who is a member of HSL from standing as a fans rep?

No, not for a second

I don't think that would either be reasonable or possible, the issue I have is twofold

1) It is one of the clubs greatest ever players we are talking about

2) That individual is very strongly linked to HSL

My personal opinion is that each issue should in itself debar any individual from standing for election.

I am as I have said a member of HSL as are my son and daughter, the aims of HSL are laudable

This is in no way an anti HSL agenda, I just don't think it is appropriate as HSL have their own route to the board.

lucky
25-11-2016, 04:06 PM

HSL are not promoting or nominating Pat. Pat as a ST self nominates. He then goes through the same process as all others seeking election as a non-executive director. All non-executive directors hold the same authority and power as each other. They may do different things on behalf of the board but their role is all about further Hibernian.

BSEJVT
25-11-2016, 04:24 PM
HSL are not promoting or nominating Pat. Pat as a ST self nominates. He then goes through the same process as all others seeking election as a non-executive director. All non-executive directors hold the same authority and power as each other. They may do different things on behalf of the board but their role is all about further Hibernian.

There is a post earlier on this thread advising of his endorsement by the HSL Chairman, I presumed that to be accurate.

I am well aware of the process of seeking election as a non-exec director and the authority and power they hold.

You are correct in that their role is to further Hibs.

I have some experience of non - exec directors and their impact on the businesses they serve.

Two Banks both headquartered not far from ER both fell victim to their serving non - exec directors being amongst other failings too closely aligned to the existing board / members of it, to properly discharge their duties.

These were supposedly bright people, with a wealth of experience whose integrity if not effectiveness were never questioned AFAIK

If we are to have non exec directors, I want them to be completely unaligned to any of the other directors whether exec or non exec and able to exercise their role free of fear or favour

Baldy Foghorn
25-11-2016, 04:35 PM
Pat doesn't have an ST?:confused:

Pretty Boy
25-11-2016, 04:38 PM
No, not for a second

I don't think that would either be reasonable or possible, the issue I have is twofold

1) It is one of the clubs greatest ever players we are talking about

2) That individual is very strongly linked to HSL

My personal opinion is that each issue should in itself debar any individual from standing for election.

I am as I have said a member of HSL as are my son and daughter, the aims of HSL are laudable

This is in no way an anti HSL agenda, I just don't think it is appropriate as HSL have their own route to the board.

I think Pat Stantons links to HSL are being overplayed or misunderstood a bit.

Pat was given an honorary membership at the 1st HSL AGM, that was given as an honour or a thank you to a man many believe to be the greatest living Hibee of all. It isn't really any different to the various other honours Pat has been given by groups of fans, supporters clubs etc over the years.

Pat Stanton isn't on the board of HSL and has nothing to do with the day to day running (or any other influence that I'm aware of). His role begins and ends as an honorary member. I would say I think the endorsement of him by Kenny McCaskill has somewhat muddied the waters and wasn't the best of ideas but I don't think PS is the HSL candidate.

BSEJVT
25-11-2016, 04:47 PM
I think Pat Stantons links to HSL are being overplayed or misunderstood a bit.

Pat was given an honorary membership at the 1st HSL AGM, that was given as an honour or a thank you to a man many believe to be the greatest living Hibee of all. It isn't really any different to the various other honours Pat has been given by groups of fans, supporters clubs etc over the years.

Pat Stanton isn't on the board of HSL and has nothing to do with the day to day running (or any other influence that I'm aware of). His role begins and ends as an honorary member. I would say I think the endorsement of him by Kenny McCaskill has somewhat muddied the waters and wasn't the best of ideas but I don't think PS is the HSL candidate.

If that is the case then I apologise unreservedly

I still though think that his status as a Hibs great should have debarred him from personally even considering standing.

This should never be a popularity contest, Pat's position high on the list of the pantheon of Hibs greats is forever assured and is as I have said before a hero of mine, that however isn't the position that's up for election.

I don't think he is suited to the position that is up for election and despite him being my hero I wont vote for him.

I will vote for the 2 individuals I think best capable of representing a majority of the fans views to the board who have the necessary skill set, gravitas and integrity to carry it off.

Pretty Boy
25-11-2016, 04:48 PM

I still though think that his status as a Hibs great should have debarred him from personally even considering standing.

This should never be a popularity contest, Pat's position high on the list of the pantheon of Hibs greats is forever assured and is as I have said before a hero of mine, that however isn't the position that's up for election.

I don't think he is suited to the position that is up for election and despite him being my hero I wont vote for him.

I will vote for the 2 individuals I think best capable of representing a majority of the fans views to the board who have the necessary skill set, gravitas and integrity to carry it off.
I agree that I don't think Pat should be standing.

There should be a place for him at ER that extends beyond his current 'ambassador' role and it shouldn't be through seeking election as a fans rep.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
25-11-2016, 05:19 PM

Is Pat Stanton a season ticket holder?

Genuine question, and before anyone has a pop he was my hero when I was a laddie as well.

martinmcgurk
25-11-2016, 05:51 PM
Is Pat Stanton a season ticket holder?

Genuine question, and before anyone has a pop he was my hero when I was a laddie as well.

Why would he need one. Pat Stanton should have entry to Easter Road, free for life

Baldy Foghorn
25-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Why would he need one. Pat Stanton should have entry to Easter Road, free for life

Because it's part of the criteria to apply for a fan's rep position................

scoopyboy
25-11-2016, 06:08 PM

I am happy for Pat Stanton to get free entry to Easter Road for life.

To stand as a fans rep you need to be a season ticket holder, if he isn't I'm not sure he can stand.

scoopyboy
25-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Just had a wee look at Aberdeen's merchandise page. We have been shafted with crap over the last few seasons. When does our contract with Nike end?

Are you on the right thread guv?

CropleyWasGod
25-11-2016, 07:32 PM
I am happy for Pat Stanton to get free entry to Easter Road for life.

To stand as a fans rep you need to be a season ticket holder, if he isn't I'm not sure he can stand.
I'm not sure that's the case this time.

The nomination form only asks for the nominee's reference number. I'm pretty sure LD said at the AGM that that's all that's needed to stand.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Marco G
25-11-2016, 09:29 PM

Fine, but others may think that Pat fits the bill and should not be stopped from standing just because he is a Hibs great! The fair thing is that we all have a vote and so can get a say in what happens at board level.

scoopyboy
25-11-2016, 10:33 PM
I'm not sure that's the case this time.

The nomination form only asks for the nominee's reference number. I'm pretty sure LD said at the AGM that that's all that's needed to stand.

Didn't realise that CWG.

Forza Fred
26-11-2016, 12:11 AM
It should be made clear prior to the closing date nominated for nominations EXACTLY what not only the criteria for standing is, but also exactly WHO will be able to vote in any elections.

Last time I believe it was only season ticket holders who could vote.

If it has changed we should be told.

H18 SFR
26-11-2016, 05:37 AM
Are you on the right thread guv?

Defo not - deleted. Apologies folks, it had been a long day.

CropleyWasGod
26-11-2016, 07:46 AM
It should be made clear prior to the closing date nominated for nominations EXACTLY what not only the criteria for standing is, but also exactly WHO will be able to vote in any elections.

Last time I believe it was only season ticket holders who could vote.

If it has changed we should be told.
It's clear on the nomination form who can stand. It was also made clear at the AGM.

Baldy Foghorn
26-11-2016, 07:59 AM
It's clear on the nomination form who can stand. It was also made clear at the AGM.

I thought Bruce Langham said it was open to ST holders? Did I hear incorrectly?

CropleyWasGod
26-11-2016, 08:13 AM
I thought Bruce Langham said it was open to ST holders? Did I hear incorrectly?
I heard "those with Client Reference Numbers".

I was surprised at that, so I looked at the Nomination form. It doesn't ask for ST details.

Baldy Foghorn
26-11-2016, 08:27 AM
I heard "those with Client Reference Numbers".

I was surprised at that, so I looked at the Nomination form. It doesn't ask for ST details.

Ah, I'll blame it on the over running of speeches and the heat on the night:aok:

CropleyWasGod
26-11-2016, 08:30 AM
Ah, I'll blame it on the over running of speeches and the heat on the night:aok:
😁

So....back on track. Does Paddy have a CRN? 🙄

macca70
26-11-2016, 08:31 AM
IMO, if Pat Stanton is keen to commit time and effort into an official club role, the club should be creating an official role for him beyond his current ambassador role.

The fans rep shouldn't be a current or ex club employee.

I don't agree that he should be standing as a fans rep, he'd walk it on the vote due to his legend status but I don't think people would be voting him on for the correct reasons, I don't want this to come across wrong, or seen as having a go at him, he's a club legend, I'm a member of the Stanton Branch and would fully support him if he were to get a fans rep role but I don't think he should be standing as a fans rep.

What next, Darren MacGregor stands as he's been a lifelong Hibby or 1 of the Proclaimers, as they would romp it on the vote due to their status.

Baldy Foghorn
26-11-2016, 08:36 AM
😁

Pass?

macca70
26-11-2016, 08:46 AM
😁

Why would he have previously needed 1, there's no chance he pays for his tickets or has to buy them online/through the ticket office. Which I don't have any issue with.

But it's not going to be difficult for the club to put him on the Database and get 1, if he doesn't already have 1.

et vireta
26-11-2016, 11:38 AM
And the debate rolls on but some good things coming out of it.
Some misunderstandings cleared up re eligibility.

A lot of people are saying they love the legend but don't think he should be a director BUT another role should be found for him.
The current and past boards have had over 20 years to find a proper role for him and haven't.
Perhaps this time the fans can just help a little bit !

Pat Stanton stood up and said.......When I thought about it I thought to myself Why not me ?......

Casting our minds back, were any of us shouting out about the unsuitability of legends like Younger, Kerr and Turnbull becoming Directors ?
I for one was purring at the idea.

I am voting for a person to become a board member of our football club and to utilise all the skills and talents they have.
I want a football person on the board.I want a Hibs person on the board. I want a Hibs football person on the board.

Pat Stanton has said he wants to become a director of Hibernian Football Club and for others to say he is being pushed should ask themselves this

Did Stanton allow himself to be pushed around a football park ?
Did Stanton allow the constant booing he got throughout the years at Tyncastle get to him ? (he even left a wee calling card...a nice wee goal in about the 150th minute of a game to shut them up !)

I hope the election brings in some really good candidates and all of us vote for who we want.

May the best men or women win!

The Baldmans Comb
26-11-2016, 12:16 PM
At the AGM it was muted that there would be hustings to allow each candidate the opportunity to state their case to the electorate/fans.

This would be an ideal opportunity to see what each candidate has to offer.

Sentimentally Stanton is Mr Hibs but the football world has changed dramatically in the last 30 years and it would be interesting to see what he has to offer.

Stanton isn't a very good communicator and has shown some very poor judgement in the past such as wanting to sign for "Scotland's Shame 1872" for the big money (per his autobiography) and has got involved in quite a few of the failed and very amateur Hibs takeover bids.

1st vote to someone modern and outward looking and 2nd vote for the "well kent" old boy as a sentimental throw back isn't really a bad idea as lets not get this out if proportion.

Forza Fred
26-11-2016, 01:00 PM

Well, all I can say is some still appear not to be sure.

Who can vote by the way....has that been spelled out?

CropleyWasGod
26-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Well, all I can say is some still appear not to be sure.

Who can vote by the way....has that been spelled out?
They're probably those who haven't read the form 😑

The voting isn't until February IIRC, so there's been no announcement about that.