PDA

View Full Version : Who has been the worst ref to referee a Hibs game in the last 20 years?

ekhibee
22-11-2016, 05:40 PM
I really can't make up my mind about this, the 2 that have always stood out for me are Craig Thompson and Alan Freeland but there's plenty of others out there..

HibbyAndy
22-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Charlie richmond at Easter road in 2005 against Motherwell ( which we won 2-1 by the way) Totally lost the plot..Play was raging on at one point whist he was booking our player, He lost it bigtime.

Aye Freeland against Falkirk at Easter rd is another , Absolute cheating ****!

Michael
22-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Charlie richmond at Easter road in 2005 against Motherwell ( which we won 2-1 by the way) Totally lost the plot..Play was raging on at one point whist he was booking our player, He lost it bigtime.

That Richmond game was brutal. He seemed to stop play every minute or more.

Also, Greame Smith was unreal for Motherwell! Shame he was utter mince for us.

Hermit Crab
22-11-2016, 06:04 PM

Was that the game we lost 2-3? We had a freekick on the edge of the box and the boy in the wall almost caught the ball then dropped it and the ref waved play on? Horrendous decision.

jgl07
22-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Alan Freeland v Falkirk

Charlie Richmond in League Cup tie at home to Morton

Was that the match when Chris Hogg was basically assaulted on the edge of his penalty area and the referee gave a free kick to Morton from which they equalised?

Hibs lost 4-3 in the end if I recall correctly.

B.H.F.C
22-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Already mentioned but Freeland in that Falkirk game had to be the worst I've ever seen. Don't think I'll ever see anything that bad again.

Thomson in that cup final though. Two massive decisions that he got wrong. Barely even mentioned after that game (except by Hibs supporters) because of the way it went. Choosing not to send Black off for a blatant elbow and giving a penalty a mile outside the box that killed any hope we had. How did he escape criticism for that?

H18 SFR
22-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Was that the match when Chris Hogg was basically assaulted on the edge of his penalty area and the referee gave a free kick to Morton from which they equalised?

Hibs lost 4-3 in the end if I recall correctly.

Iain Brines was the referee that night.

Robinho08
22-11-2016, 06:32 PM

Is that not the same game that fud Butcher kicked the door off its hinges?

stantonhibby
22-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Mike McCurry in pretty much every game. One that sticks in the mind is against old Huns at Easter Rd and he sent off Laursen for hand ball when the ball was blasted at him as he lay on the ground.

Billy Whizz
22-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Mike McCurry in pretty much every game. One that sticks in the mind is against old Huns at Easter Rd and he sent off Laursen for hand ball when the ball was blasted at him as he lay on the ground.

Remember that game, but think it was against Celtic, McManus got sent off for back chat

Tom Hart RIP
22-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Bobby Tait v Rangers 4-3 game and Craig Thomson v Falkirk last season. Not sending defender off for last man penalty on Keatings cost us the game

ancient hibee
22-11-2016, 06:40 PM
The Laureen incident was dreadful.

Off thread I know but a candidate for worst ever must be the ref against Hamburg who let their goalie turn out in the first half in a green jersey and chalked off two goals for offside when he was the "offside"player.

tamig
22-11-2016, 06:43 PM
Alan Freeland v Falkirk

And going back to 1985 at home v Aberdeen 0-5 and I'm sure the refs name was Ferguson?
Alan Ferguson. Utter erse of a ref. Remember that game well.

allezsauzee
22-11-2016, 06:45 PM

The single worst refereeing performance I have ever witnessed!

JimBHibees
22-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Remember that game, but think it was against Celtic, McManus got sent off for back chat

Definitely against Rangers. He would have been as well wearing the blue top just to avoid any confusion. :greengrin

brog
22-11-2016, 07:25 PM
This could be the longest thread ever! Basically any game "reffed" by Richmond, McVicar, Freeland or Muir. Totally incompetent & never at any time in control of any game. As a reward the first 2 became refereeing supervisors!

hibby6270
22-11-2016, 07:28 PM
I know I'm repeating what's been said already but definitely Alan Freeland versus Falkirk. I e-mailed SFA at the time. Strangely, I'm still waiting on a reply.:confused::greengrin

The Morton 3-4 game was also a shocker purely for the decision to award them a free kick which led to the winner fir them. Can't recall who the ref was but will bow to other's knowledge in saying it was Charlie Richmond.

johnbc70
22-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Freeland v Falkirk sticks out, it was so bad it was laughable if I recall.

darwenhibby
22-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Bobby Tait v Rangers 4-3 game and Craig Thomson v Falkirk last season. Not sending defender off for last man penalty on Keatings cost us the game

Bobby Efin Tait😡
Still annoys me now thinking of that game and his decision s
We never really recovered from that game and the cheeky hunt asked to referee his last game at ibrox before he retired
And they say the game in Scotland is not corrupt

brog
22-11-2016, 08:26 PM
Bobby Efin Tait😡
Still annoys me now thinking of that game and his decision s
We never really recovered from that game and the cheeky hunt asked to referee his last game at ibrox before he retired
And they say the game in Scotland is not corrupt

The only ref to actually start a move for a goal. He ran & passed the ball to an Oldco player for their 2nd goal.

High-On-Hibs
22-11-2016, 08:26 PM
The fact that every referee in the Scottish game these days, makes you long for the return of Hugh Dallas, shows just how bad things have become.

High-On-Hibs
22-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Freeland v Falkirk sticks out, it was so bad it was laughable if I recall.

Remember sitting in the west that day. Even the atmosphere in that stand was becoming dangerously toxic. IIRC he sent off 4 players. 2 from each side in a game where only Freeland was the aggressor. It was absolute madness.

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Anytime I'd see Charlie ****ing Richmond as ref it felt like we were playing against 12 men.

Absolute roaster of the highest order when it came to officiating a game

Halifaxhibby
22-11-2016, 08:54 PM

Yeah i remember that game. Thought it was dallas sure we were winning at that point as well.

Halifaxhibby
22-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Cant remember who was the ref but we played celtic at easter road. Corner down the way end, rob jones was basically rugby tackled on his run into the box by either caldwell or balde...both players ended up on the deck. Ref booked them both.

northstandhibby
22-11-2016, 09:01 PM
It's very difficult to name just one. Most of them are rotten to the core. I could count on one hand the ones I see are refereeing us and don't think we're already at a disadvantage.

Has to be Craig Thomson. Hugh Dallas would be proud of him.

Bighoose
22-11-2016, 09:02 PM

Only match Ive been at where both sets of fans booed the ref.

Worst single decision tho was the one against Ulrik Laursen. On the ground and not even looking at the ball.

Fife-Hibee
22-11-2016, 09:12 PM
Remember sitting in the west that day. Even the atmosphere in that stand was becoming dangerously toxic. IIRC he sent off 4 players. 2 from each side in a game where only Freeland was the aggressor. It was absolute madness.

Certainly one of the worst refereeing displays I've ever seen 😡
Plus that f..k Thomson at hampden if I'd had a gun I would have shot that b.....d 😡

stantonhibby
22-11-2016, 09:20 PM
I recall a game at home v Celtic and Balde picked up an early booking. He then conceded a couple more fouls. A few of us then kept count of how many more fouls he committed before a surely inevitable 2nd yellow. Got to 8 or 9 but he still played the whole game. Cannae mind who the ref was.

James70
22-11-2016, 09:23 PM
A lot more than 20 years ago but Louis Thow at home against Dundee Utd is a stand out for me.

hibbysam
22-11-2016, 09:29 PM
One of the worst was Richmonds sending off of Boozy vs Rangers. 3-3 draw, brilliant game of football, Boozy played sweeper and was outstanding, then got sent off for last man challenge on Boyd when he won the ball. The appeal was thrown out by Richmond himself as he felt he made the right decision, utterly unbelievable.

stantonhibby
22-11-2016, 09:37 PM
A lot more than 20 years ago but Louis Thow at home against Dundee Utd is a stand out for me.

Aye he was bad. Another name from that era was David Syme. Not a fan. Always thought it laughable that it was George Smith, Andrew Waddell, Bill Crombie from Edinburgh but D Syme from Rutherglen as if he wasn't really from Glasgow.

Stantons Angel
22-11-2016, 11:23 PM
Now you have got me started!
The biggest clown of a referee i have seen over more than 50years never mind 20years must be THOMSON

Never in my days have i ever seen such a display from a "qualified" referee as his performance in that Cup Final!

His sheer indigence that he was so right in every decision spoiled a show piece game and sent thousands home crying!

Over the years of watching all grades of football i have never ever seen anyone so biased and make so many bad and unbelievable decisions as he did that day. He was criminal!!

I know that Hibs were poor but his giving of that penalty was just unbelievable in its self!

A poor poor referee who is still trying to bring us down even now!!!

Just Jimmy
22-11-2016, 11:28 PM
Thats the one i instantly thought about. It was boxing day 2002ish i think. Mcmanus gave him a slap.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
23-11-2016, 06:37 AM
I know I'm repeating what's been said already but definitely Alan Freeland versus Falkirk. I e-mailed SFA at the time. Strangely, I'm still waiting on a reply.:confused::greengrin

:agree: I was at that game and was so outraged at Freeland's "refereeing" that I e-mailed the SFA, something I had never previously thought of doing, regardless of how bad the referee was.

Unsurprisingly, they did SFA about it! :greengrin

GloryGlory
23-11-2016, 06:41 AM
Aye he was bad. Another name from that era was David Syme. Not a fan. Always thought it laughable that it was George Smith, Andrew Waddell, Bill Crombie from Edinburgh but D Syme from Rutherglen as if he wasn't really from Glasgow.

Going even further back, ISTR Ian (?) aka Creepy Crawley! :greengrin

JimBHibees
23-11-2016, 06:41 AM
I recall a game at home v Celtic and Balde picked up an early booking. He then conceded a couple more fouls. A few of us then kept count of how many more fouls he committed before a surely inevitable 2nd yellow. Got to 8 or 9 but he still played the whole game. Cannae mind who the ref was.

McCurry again. Our current manager was also another in that game that stretched the limits.

Another Celtic game was Freeland at ER one of Francks games and we were one up and at a corner Balde clearly elbows Fenwick right in the face, ignored by the ref. At the game you thought he maybe didnt see it, on TV later he had the perfect view and chose to miss it. Bent. Huge decisions like that which probably would have ended up us winning as the incident happened in about 20 mins can have a huge impact. Beat Celtic confidence grows win a couple of more games, no they come back and get a draw a few more bad results and Franck does gets punted. Bottom line is these decisions do NOT even themselves out.

Killiehibbie
23-11-2016, 08:00 AM
Thomson in that final, how bad we were doesn't matter he cheated to make sure.

Broken Gnome
23-11-2016, 08:17 AM
The Tennent's Sixes. No more needs to be said.

JimBHibees
23-11-2016, 08:17 AM

Quite simply the most corrupt decision ever.

Smartie
23-11-2016, 08:26 AM
The Freeland game.

I've never seen someone lose the plot and lose control of what was a fairly tame game.

IIRC we never saw him again after that.

The Tennents sixes is a great shout - not so much for the performance but for the single worst decision I've ever seen during a football match. Ridiculous.

JimBHibees
23-11-2016, 08:29 AM
The Freeland game.

I've never seen someone lose the plot and lose control of what was a fairly tame game.

IIRC we never saw him again after that.

The Tennents sixes is a great shout - not so much for the performance but for the single worst decision I've ever seen during a football match. Ridiculous.

He was obviously still bitter at being in charge at Dens on that famous day.

Broken Gnome
23-11-2016, 08:30 AM
Quite simply the most corrupt decision ever.

We should be proud that a rule was invented on the spot just to shaft us.

JimBHibees
23-11-2016, 08:34 AM
We should be proud that a rule was invented on the spot just to shaft us.

What was the rule thou arent allowed to beat Celtic by keeping the ball. :greengrin

emerald green
23-11-2016, 09:50 AM
All of the above. It's all just "mistakes" dontcha know... :greengrin

brog
23-11-2016, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=emerald green;4864373]All of the above. It's all just "mistakes" dontcha know... :greengrin[/QUOT

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/malaga-president-rages-sides-racist-1822665

This was probably CT's biggest ever cock up. Malaga, Manuel Pellegrini no less, accused him & UEFA of corruption & racism. So, do you think CT was corrupt in a high profile Champions League game or just hopeless?

JimBHibees
23-11-2016, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=emerald green;4864373]All of the above. It's all just "mistakes" dontcha know... :greengrin[/QUOT

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/malaga-president-rages-sides-racist-1822665

This was probably CT's biggest ever cock up. Malaga, Manuel Pellegrini no less, accused him & UEFA of corruption & racism. So, do you think CT was corrupt in a high profile Champions League game or just hopeless?

What I will say is there is no doubt that UEFA wanted them out of the tournament given their financial position at the time?

Some of the decisions were comical, i think the last goal the linesman who I am pretty sure was the Jordan Forster offside lino and the guy behind the goal missed a 2 yard offside decision.

emerald green
23-11-2016, 10:16 AM

Just to be clear brog, my earlier post was written tongue in cheek. I just cannot believe ALL of the examples of dodgy refereeing posted before mine can simply be brushed under the carpet as "mistakes". Not ALL of them surely? If so, something is very badly wrong.

All I can really say about the example in your link was it just stinks to high heaven. I've no solid proof of corruption though, but I'll leave others to draw their own conclusions. To have got things so badly wrong seems incredible for a so called "top referee" (and his assistants). What's your conclusion?

brog
23-11-2016, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=brog;4864384]

Just to be clear brog, my earlier post was written tongue in cheek. I just cannot believe ALL of the examples of dodgy refereeing posted before mine can simply be brushed under the carpet as "mistakes". Not ALL of them surely? If so, something is very badly wrong.

All I can really say about the example in your link was it just stinks to high heaven. I've no solid proof of corruption though, but I'll leave others to draw their own conclusions. To have got things so badly wrong seems incredible for a so called "top referee" (and his assistants). What's your conclusion?

I think our refs & assistants are way below the standard of what I see in England. I don't think there was corruption in the Dortmund-Malaga game, just utter incompetence by officials, who as Jim B says, have previous. I believe there was certainly deliberate corruption in prior times. Whether it was apocryphal I don't know but legend had it that the lino who had the cheek to flag Ralph Brand for punching the ball into the net in the 1958 cup semi, never officiated again. I have no doubt that Bobby Tait was corrupt on behalf of Oldco, he has admitted as much. In current times there's much more visibility & I genuinely don't believe any ref goes out to be deliberately corrupt. Freeland, who we all seem to agree was hopeless, gave us the pen in the Matty Jack game & I still don't know why! I very much believe there's unconscious bias on behalf of the officials. No ref ever got punished by giving a wrong decision in favour of the uglies! I also believe there's bias, possibly even corruption in the SFA/SPFL. A good example is the change in the reporting of players for gesturing to the crowd. LG gets suspended twice, there's no problem. Andy Halliday gets sent off, the rule is changed ( & no one is told! ). Now that's corrupt!

JimBHibees
23-11-2016, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=emerald green;4864403]

I think our refs & assistants are way below the standard of what I see in England. I don't think there was corruption in the Dortmund-Malaga game, just utter incompetence by officials, who as Jim B says, have previous. I believe there was certainly deliberate corruption in prior times. Whether it was apocryphal I don't know but legend had it that the lino who had the cheek to flag Ralph Brand for punching the ball into the net in the 1958 cup semi, never officiated again. I have no doubt that Bobby Tait was corrupt on behalf of Oldco, he has admitted as much. In current times there's much more visibility & I genuinely don't believe any ref goes out to be deliberately corrupt. Freeland, who we all seem to agree was hopeless, gave us the pen in the Matty Jack game & I still don't know why! I very much believe there's unconscious bias on behalf of the officials. No ref ever got punished by giving a wrong decision in favour of the uglies! I also believe there's bias, possibly even corruption in the SFA/SPFL. A good example is the change in the reporting of players for gesturing to the crowd. LG gets suspended twice, there's no problem. Andy Halliday gets sent off, the rule is changed ( & no one is told! ). Now that's corrupt!

Was it not 3 times Rangers Cowdenbeath and some random home game where some sad sack grassed him when taking a corner. Bottom line is not on this earth would that have happened if he played for the club he does now.

Didnt know the rule had changed

emerald green
23-11-2016, 11:02 AM
Brog, I agree with you about Bobby Tait. He was pretty blatant. Running for the ball to take a free kick! Everyone knew where his loyalties lay.

I also agree that there is bias, at times, on the part of certain officials. Whether it's ALWAYS unconscious bias, or not, is open to debate I'd say. We'll never ever get 100% agreement on this topic on a fans forum. That much I do know.

I'll finish just by saying 50,000+ people all screaming for fouls and / or penalties at Ibrox, Celtic Park, Nou Camp, Old Trafford etc is bound to influence some referees. At least occasionally. Especially the "weak" ones.

GloryGlory
23-11-2016, 11:07 AM
Brog, I agree with you about Bobby Tait. He was pretty blatant. Running for the ball to take a free kick! Everyone knew where his loyalties lay.

I also agree that there is bias, at times, on the part of certain officials. Whether it's ALWAYS unconscious bias, or not, is open to debate I'd say. We'll never ever get 100% agreement on this topic on a fans forum. That much I do know.

I'll finish just by saying 50,000+ people all screaming for fouls and / or penalties at Ibrox, Celtic Park, Nou Camp, Old Trafford etc is bound to influence some referees. At least occasionally. Especially the "weak" ones.

Who was the referee that held up a blank sheet of paper at an Orange Lodge dinner and said words to the effect "this is all the times I've given a penalty against Rangers"?

WeeRussell
23-11-2016, 11:15 AM
Who was it that sent Paco Luna off for scoring a header against the Huns?

Thecat23
23-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Alan Freeland wins hands down for me. Nearly caused a riot that day and both sets of players couldn't believe what was happening. Mark Twaddle who played that day said he's never played in a game that had that atmosphere. Said he was actually **** scared to leave ER after it.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Freeland game. Was it 1v0?

Me and my old man were in the South Stand that day. Only time I've ever walked out of Easter Road thinking of the word "corrupt".

Funnily enough I did have a similar stirring against Falkirk a couple of weeks ago but I believe that was more incompetence as opposed to corruption.

tomhorn
23-11-2016, 12:26 PM

My first ever game - I remember folk going nuts about him.

ekhibee
23-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Wow I'd completely forgotten about that, thank you sooo much for reminding me. Not!

Thecat23
23-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Freeland game. Was it 1v0?

Me and my old man were in the South Stand that day. Only time I've ever walked out of Easter Road thinking of the word "corrupt".

Funnily enough I did have a similar stirring against Falkirk a couple of weeks ago but I believe that was more incompetence as opposed to corruption.

Was the 0-1 game and I left that game with the very same thought.

Geo_1875
23-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Who was the referee that held up a blank sheet of paper at an Orange Lodge dinner and said words to the effect "this is all the times I've given a penalty against Rangers"?

Can you narrow it down a bit?

Ringothedog
23-11-2016, 12:50 PM
Brian McGinley for his bottling of the penalty decision in the 1979 cup final, plus he was a cheating roaster in a lot of other games involving the Hibs

ps I know it was 37 years ago

Smartie
23-11-2016, 12:51 PM
I will say one thing by way of sticking up for the refs though.

I've found that it is easy to referee a game when you're high up in the stand. The view from much of Easter Road is almost perfect from everywhere so it is easy to see the passes the players should make, the decisions the referee should make etc.

It's a different world down at pitch level. When I choose a different seat, the pace of the game always takes my by surprise (or if we're at a ground like Alloa last season when you're almost standing at the side of the pitch).

It can't be easy when you're in the middle of it all, with the game going on at 110 mph to get all the calls correct. And if you get one or two wrong and the players start to get wound up, an iffy performance can turn into a near-riot very quickly.

We've seen defenders have shockers, goalkeeping howlers and strikers miss sitters. Boyle missed four sitters on Saturday before getting his goal - what would happen if a referee got four big decisions on the bounce wrong before getting one right?

Whilst I'm sure it goes on in places, possibly even in Scotland, I think we're always too quick to play the corruption card. If I were a ref and I were to referee a Hibs game, my personal pride and professionalism would make me want to do my best to make it a fair game, I can hand on heart say I wouldn't favour them in any way.

I've never had any desire to be a referee, mainly because it is a practically thankless task. I've played a lot of low-level football in my time and had all sorts of dreadful refereeing performances to some very good ones. The main thing I remember about the best ones were that they were honest, strict and communicated brilliantly. At least if you know where you stand with them, you have a chance of having a decent game.

I've also had an old codger who didn't leave the centre-circle and blew for half-time 8 minutes early because it was cold and he wanted to go to the burger van though.......

KeithTheHibby
23-11-2016, 12:54 PM
When the refs went on strike a few years ago we got foreign ones in, they knew how to ref matches.

brog
23-11-2016, 12:59 PM

That was the infamous Bobby Tait!!

brog
23-11-2016, 01:00 PM

I agree with all of that 100%

brog
23-11-2016, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=brog;4864421]

Was it not 3 times Rangers Cowdenbeath and some random home game where some sad sack grassed him when taking a corner. Bottom line is not on this earth would that have happened if he played for the club he does now.

Didnt know the rule had changed
I don't think anyone did! Apparently Sportscene did their famous trial by TV at weekend with Stevie McLean of St J gesturing to the crowd. The change apparently happened at the start of this season & now has to be excessive misconduct for the Compliance Officer to take action. The SFA, transparent as ever!

southsider
23-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Brian McGinley for his bottling of the penalty decision in the 1979 cup final, plus he was a cheating roaster in a lot of other games involving the Hibs

ps I know it was 37 years ago
Wow. I remember the hun cheat that was Bobby Davidson allowing a Tommy McLean goal at Ipox that was (I kidd you not) 10-15 yards offside. He then sent JB off for protesting. Also another clown from Newport called (IP ?) Gordon. Neither gave Hibs sod all in big games.

brog
23-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Wow. I remember the hun cheat that was Bobby Davidson allowing a Tommy McLean goal at Ipox that was (I kidd you not) 10-15 yards offside. He then sent JB off for protesting. Also another clown from Newport called (IP ?) Gordon. Neither gave Hibs sod all in big games.

As Sloop told the lino to " stick his orange flag up his f****** orange a*** " it proved hard to appeal the decision, though, as you say mcLean was miles offside. JP Gordon reffed the
7-0 game so any sins of his are forgiven! :greengrin

JimBHibees
23-11-2016, 01:38 PM

Also sent Pat off in same game. Think McDonald booted Mickey in same game injuring him.

southsider
23-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Also sent Pat off in same game. Think McDonald booted Mickey in same game injuring him.
God, I hated that ****** McDonald. Also hated John (diver) McDonald. Ran a mile when Erich called him oot fir a "square go". Ian Black. Alex Ferguson for breaking Crops leg. John (yogi) Hughes for breaking Bobby Duncan's leg. Worst thing I have ever seen on a football park.

snedzuk
23-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Alan Freeland v Falkirk

And going back to 1985 at home v Aberdeen 0-5 and I'm sure the refs name was Ferguson?

That 0-5 game - i was absolutely convinced we were cheated out of all 5 that day.

JimBHibees
23-11-2016, 02:14 PM
God, I hated that ****** McDonald. Also hated John (diver) McDonald. Ran a mile when Erich called him oot fir a "square go". Ian Black. Alex Ferguson for breaking Crops leg. John (yogi) Hughes for breaking Bobby Duncan's leg. Worst thing I have ever seen on a football park.

really hope he enjoyed the cup final. :greengrin

brog
23-11-2016, 02:15 PM

Think you're getting our Rankers injustices confused. Pat wasn't sent off in that game & Mickey didn't play. Shades was also missing as was Jim Herriott & Brownlie was of course still injured. This was game 3 days after we lost to Hajduk Split in UEFA cup. ET was very unhappy with our performance ( in Split ) & Herriott never played again for Hibs.

JimBHibees
23-11-2016, 02:57 PM
Think you're getting our Rankers injustices confused. Pat wasn't sent off in that game & Mickey didn't play. Shades was also missing as was Jim Herriott & Brownlie was of course still injured. This was game 3 days after we lost to Hajduk Split in UEFA cup. ET was very unhappy with our performance ( in Split ) & Herriott never played again for Hibs.

Maybe so, thought there was a game both Stanton and Blackley got sent off in one game. Maybe not.