PDA

View Full Version : Development Game v Dunfermline

Billy Whizz
22-11-2016, 10:17 AM
Hibs Development team face Dunfermline this afternoon (Tuesday) 2pm KO at the Oriam

Hibs currently sit top of the league, well worth going along to watch if you can!

scoopyboy
22-11-2016, 11:15 AM
Hibs Development team face Dunfermline this afternoon (Tuesday) 2pm KO at the Oriam

Hibs currently sit top of the league, well worth going along to watch if you can!

Would love to be going Billy but unfortunately working.

If you're going I hope you will manage to provide us with team selection, updates on scores, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Billy Whizz
22-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Would love to be going Billy but unfortunately working.

If you're going I hope you will manage to provide us with team selection, updates on scores, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Will do as usual Scoops
Wonder if JC will get some game time

scoopyboy
22-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Will do as usual Scoops
Wonder if JC will get some game time

hope so Billy.

I've got a wee hunch he might go with Boyle and Cummings at Tannadice.

GreenCastle
22-11-2016, 11:54 AM
Is game indoor or outdoor today?

JimBHibees
22-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Is game indoor or outdoor today?

Oriam indoor

Radium
22-11-2016, 12:36 PM
Oriam indoor

Still need to wrap up warm ❄️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew70
22-11-2016, 12:41 PM
Taken from Dunfermline's twitter:
Martin, Donaldson, Crane, Porteous, Stirling, Bartley, harris, S Martin, Shaw, I Murray, Cummings

Subs:
Smith, Allan, Watson, Gullan, Breen, Murray

Edit: Former Hibs youth player Conner Duthie starts for the Pars.

The_Horde
22-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Where's eardley?

andrew70
22-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Where's eardley?

Not sure, I've not been able to get along to any games as yet but reading on here and elsewhere the Dev side have been playing 3-5-2 as well so maybe Lennon doesn't think he can play as a wing back.

Brightside
22-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Imagine being 15 or 16 and Bartley comes firing in for a 50/50! :greengrin:greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-11-2016, 01:13 PM
hope so Billy.

Got the same hunch. Hope we're correct.

Unseen work
22-11-2016, 01:19 PM
Martin, Donaldson, Crane, Porteous, Stirling, Bartley, harris, S Martin, Shaw, I Murray, Cummings

Subs:

With that starting 11 we should be battering them

Billy Whizz
22-11-2016, 01:20 PM
1-0 Hibs, Cummings. Great ball through, Cummings rounds the goalie and scores

hfcok
A few known faces here today, Crawford, Preston,Burchill,Johnston Clark,Fox. ,and our own Parker, Graham so far.

pedroorange1875
1 0 hibs

hfcok
1-0 Hibs, Cummings. Great ball through, Cummings rounds the goalie and scores

Aye took it well

andrew70
22-11-2016, 01:22 PM
hope so Billy.

Got the same hunch. Hope we're correct.

Interested in this. Is the reasoning behind it who the strikers will be up against? Durnan and Edjenguele are two industrious and physical centre halves.

A wee bit pace, trickery could be the way to beat United.

Salt N Sauzee
22-11-2016, 01:25 PM

Subs:

Is he the laddie who got booted out for getting caught robbing out of people's lockers at East Mains or am I thinking of someone else?

Unseen work
22-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Is he the laddie who got booted out for getting caught robbing out of people's lockers at East Mains or am I thinking of someone else?

I must of missed that rumour completely?

Thought it was odd he was released however as a few mentioned he was a good prospect

hfcok
22-11-2016, 01:39 PM
A few known faces here today, Crawford, Preston,Burchill,Johnston Clark,Fox. ,and our own Parker, Graham so far.

Harry Potter here as well with Scott Gemmill

andrew70
22-11-2016, 01:45 PM

No idea on that front. Duthie always looked a decent prospect when I seen him play though. Hence why I mentioned him.

Billy Whizz
22-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Good 1st half from Hibs, controlling the game and should be more ahead

Salt N Sauzee
22-11-2016, 01:56 PM
No idea on that front. Duthie always looked a decent prospect when I seen him play though. Hence why I mentioned him.

I must of missed that rumour completely?

Thought it was odd he was released however as a few mentioned he was a good prospect

Pretty sure it was him.

Players were noticing things going missing from their lockers etc so someone set up a camera in the locker room and caught him in the act. He was punted the next day. Wonder what sort of reception he got from ex-teammates this afternoon!

oneone73
22-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Pretty sure it was him.

Players were noticing things going missing from their lockers etc so someone set up a camera in the locker room and caught him in the act. He was punted the next day. Wonder what sort of reception he got from ex-teammates this afternoon!

Hope you're right. That's a hell of a case for defamation if you're not.

andrew70
22-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Pretty sure it was him.

He's been away for a while and I am sure he scored against us in a Development fixture earlier in the year.

Salt N Sauzee
22-11-2016, 02:29 PM
Hope you're right. That's a hell of a case for defamation if you're not.

He's been away for a while and I am sure he scored against us in a Development fixture earlier in the year.

Never said it was definitely him oneone73, his name just rings a bell.

Billy Whizz
22-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Jason just missed a chance to make it 2 nil
Hibs 2-0 now, great volley from Ollie Shaw
Cummings and Innes Murray off, Fraser Murray and Allan on

Paloschi
22-11-2016, 02:47 PM
Jason just missed a chance to make it 2 nil
Hibs 2-0 now, great volley from Ollie Shaw
Cummings and Innes Murray off, Fraser Murray and Allan on

Appreciate the updates :agree:

How is Fraser Murray looking? I'm surprised he isn't starting. Looked good in our challenge cup game earlier on. Had high hopes for him, Martin and Crane this season.

Billy Whizz
22-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Shaw intercepts a loose ball, and knocks it on for 3-0

Billy Whizz
22-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Appreciate the updates :agree:

How is Fraser Murray looking? I'm surprised he isn't starting. Looked good in our challenge cup game earlier on. Had high hopes for him, Martin and Crane this season.

Think Fraser maybe picked up an injury a few weeks back. Think the fact that we've been playing 352 just now at this level maybe hasn't suited him so much. Can on today, played in a more central position, but I like him out wide, can go either way, and kick with both feet. I'm sure as the season unfolds, and we don't have to accommodate, 1st team players, he'll get some more game time. He's a player I like, and I think he's got the ability to step up

JohnM1875
22-11-2016, 03:31 PM
How many goals does Shaw have this season?

I always have a check in at the development squad update thread and he always seems to be on the scoresheet.

7heaven
22-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Was at game today thought Alex Harris had a very good game.

Unseen work
22-11-2016, 03:55 PM

He must be very frustrating for managers.

He clearly has something about him as he proved at QOS and in 20s this season but fails to replicate it for the first team.

I do think if he played every game he would get a high number of assists and not bad goals return but still would barely effect or do enough in games, if that makes sense

J-C
22-11-2016, 07:00 PM

He's up against mostly laddies and Dev don't have the same pressure as 1st team, he can't handle the pressure and physicality of 1st team.

J-C
22-11-2016, 07:00 PM
How did Scott Martin play, I thought he'd be more involved with the 1st team this year.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Interested in this. Is the reasoning behind it who the strikers will be up against? Durnan and Edjenguele are two industrious and physical centre halves.

A wee bit pace, trickery could be the way to beat United.

Partly cause I want to see our most natural goal scorer back in the starting 11 and partly because I feel Utd will come at us more than most teams and Boyle and Cummings can maybe get in behind the back line more than Holt or Graham.

IberianHibernian
22-11-2016, 09:15 PM
He must be very frustrating for managers.

He clearly has something about him as he proved at QOS and in 20s this season but fails to replicate it for the first team.

I do think if he played every game he would get a high number of assists and not bad goals return but still would barely effect or do enough in games, if that makes sense Official site match report mentions that his set pieces were particularly good and that he caused their defenders a lot of problems . Pity he hasn`t had more time in the first team especially in recent weeks when we`ve played the weaker teams and his only chance was 20 minutes against the best team we`ve played and our set piecs were particularly ineffective .

GreenCastle
22-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Was at game..

Oriam is so cold inside ! Also it's a nightmare trying to get a cup of tea - not enough staff.

Anyway..Hibs 3-5-2

Bartley good - Cummings busy and took goal well. Harris direct and caused opposition issues and used pace well.

Oil Shaw getting better and better - just needs to bulk up a little.

Crane solid as always.

Dunfermline not up to much - lot of really young guys it seemed.

Where has Eardly gone ? Plus playing younger Gk ?