PDA

View Full Version : United and Morton Away

Dashing Bob S
20-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Hibs were very good yesterday and certainly have nothing to fear, but these forthcoming games will be a big test.

It wasn't such a bad result for United to drop two points at Cappilow as Morton are starting to look stronger play off prospects than Raith or Falkirk.

Two wins in those games would be massive.

where'stheslope
20-11-2016, 01:37 PM
3 point lead and a better goal difference already, 6 points would see us in a very strong position, 4 wouldn't be to bad either!!!!

Jack Hackett
20-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Hibs were very good yesterday and certainly have nothing to fear, but these forthcoming games will be a big test.

It wasn't such a bad result for United to drop two points at Cappilow as Morton are starting to look stronger play off prospects than Raith or Falkirk.

Two wins in those games would be massive.

I'm not quite in the 'Skoosher' camp yet, but win these and I will be :greengrin. The only thing we have to fear imo is the refs, without whose 'mistakes' and leniency to our opposition so far, we'd probably be out of sight.

HibeeDaz6270
20-11-2016, 01:58 PM
3 point lead and a better goal difference already, 6 points would see us in a very strong position, 4 wouldn't be to bad either!!!!
4 points however is not possible :greengrin Not after the Utd game anyway.

Dashing Bob S
20-11-2016, 02:14 PM
I'm not quite in the 'Skoosher' camp yet, but win these and I will be :greengrin. The only thing we have to fear imo is the refs, without whose 'mistakes' and leniency to our opposition so far, we'd probably be out of sight.

This is my major concern. Those decisions have already cost us points, which has also emboldened United.

A really strong run from now into the New Year is essential and would lay the groundwork for automatic promotion.

20-11-2016, 03:46 PM
99 times out of 100 the best team in any league will win that league. I'm sure refs aren't "out to get Hibs" and United, and likely every other team in the league, will suffer at some time or another due to the QUALITY (sic) of our referees. Admittedly we appear to have borne the brunt worst of all to date, but despite this we're 3 points clear with a decent wee goal difference starting to build. This will only improve when other teams drop points due to refereeing gaffs ...... I hope!

hibeejoy
20-11-2016, 05:31 PM
Every game is a test.

Big L
20-11-2016, 05:40 PM

I genuinely believe that we would be 10 points clear and coasting if it wasn't for the diabolical refereeing we have had to endure.

where'stheslope
20-11-2016, 06:04 PM
4 points however is not possible :greengrin Not after the Utd game anyway.

I was talking about the points accumulation over the next 2 games to come as per the thread title, not adding to our current lead!
The way the team is playing 6 is possible, but a fall back of 4 could still give us a commanding lead at this time.

vuefrom1875
20-11-2016, 09:43 PM
Every game is a test.

Playing against 14 men every week!!