PDA

View Full Version : Away support v United

Pages : 1 [2]

HibsNutter
30-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Given the limited midfield numbers I'd take a point now.

A midfield three of McGeouch, Bartley and Shinnie is still better than what they have to offer, even with McGinn and Fyvie out. Looking at it that way I've made myself more confident.

resident_Arab
30-11-2016, 10:17 PM
A midfield three of McGeouch, Bartley and Shinnie is still better than what they have to offer, even with McGinn and Fyvie out. Looking at it that way I've made myself more confident.

Wouldn't agree, you definitely have good options though, and more then we did when our midfield was injured for the ER game

The_Horde
30-11-2016, 11:03 PM
Has always been the same in Dundee. Strict rules except when it comes to the old firm. And stewards with chips on their shoulder ready to cause a storm in a teacup.

silverhibee
30-11-2016, 11:21 PM
So any chance of a PATG or will I have to go in to leith to buy tickets.

silverhibee
30-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Has always been the same in Dundee. Strict rules except when it comes to the old firm. And stewards with chips on their shoulder ready to cause a storm in a teacup.

Dundees a s**t hole I want to go home, and correct on the stewards, always looking for hassle inside and at the turnstiles, bunch of pricks.

hibbysam
01-12-2016, 12:35 AM
Wouldn't agree, you definitely have good options though, and more then we did when our midfield was injured for the ER game

You keep saying this over and over again, your midfield at ER was Velden, Andreu, Spittal and Fraser... telfer and obadeyi came off the bench.

You now say everyone is fit... your midfield last week was Andreu, spittal, telfer, flood and Fraser, with Belsen coming off the bench???

so apart from Willo Flood, who else was missing that played last week???

Albanian Hibs
01-12-2016, 06:48 AM
You keep saying this over and over again, your midfield at ER was Velden, Andreu, Spittal and Fraser... telfer and obadeyi came off the bench.

You now say everyone is fit... your midfield last week was Andreu, spittal, telfer, flood and Fraser, with Belsen coming off the bench???

He just likes the sound of his own voice. Always having a slight dig at Hibs in every post. I am surprised its being tolerated.

lyonhibs
01-12-2016, 07:01 AM
He just likes the sound of his own voice. Always having a slight dig at Hibs in every post. I am surprised its being tolerated.

Presumably because we're not a bunch of overly sensitive schoolgirls that can't handle a couple of innocuous digs in our direction?

Massive game, as is the fact we're playing them twice in a month. If we're undefeated from now until about 22h00 on Jan 6th and win all our home games in that time it'll be a huge step towards promotion.

calumhibee1
01-12-2016, 07:06 AM
Aye?:confused: Not me

Or me. They're absolutely pony. Would Hearts of two seasons ago won there? Yup. Rangers last season? Yup. We should be winning on Friday.

Smartie
01-12-2016, 08:17 AM

I don't know about that.

There's not a lot of love for that odious Sevco mob up Tannadice way.

I wouldn't know for sure but I'd imagine every visiting club gets treated the same.

Hermit Crab
01-12-2016, 09:25 AM
There appears to be more fair play upper tickets on sale now.

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 09:58 AM

Our first choice midfield engine is/was Flood and Murdoch in our 4231, both injured before the Hibs game, Murdoch has only just got back to fitness now and will make the bench

We ended up having to play a brand new combo in Fraser and Toshney , the latter at that stage had only featured at right back, Fraser on the otherhand is better further forward across the attacking mid positions

This time as it stands our only first choice absence is Dixon at left back who has been out for a couple weeks now

SaulGoodman
01-12-2016, 10:07 AM
Our first choice midfield engine is/was Flood and Murdoch in our 4231, both injured before the Hibs game, Murdoch has only just got back to fitness now and will make the bench

We ended up having to play a brand new combo in Fraser and Toshney , the latter at that stage had only featured at right back, Fraser on the otherhand is better further forward across the attacking mid positions

This time as it stands our only first choice absence is Dixon at left back who has been out for a couple weeks now

Even your first choice midfield is humpty, enjoy getting pumped.

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 10:34 AM
Even your first choice midfield is humpty, enjoy getting pumped.

I don't see any really difference in quality but might be wrong, it's a difficult one to call, Hibs have been together for a couple years and have plenty depth so that's the main advantage I see

Hibs unbeaten away, Utd unbeaten at home, Hibs not giving away many goals this season, us tightening up in the last couple months, unpredictable!

renato
01-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Really looking forward to this one. I'd be surprised if it's not tight and a close score line, though, especially with the injuries we've now got in midfield.

A proper 6 pointer...

Carheenlea
01-12-2016, 11:28 AM
What's the evening bridge traffic been like this week? Obviously the tip is to give yourself plenty time, but it's handy to know what you are likely to expect in order to make departure plans.

Billy Whizz
01-12-2016, 11:36 AM
What's the evening bridge traffic been like this week? Obviously the tip is to give yourself plenty time, but it's handy to know what you are likely to expect in order to make departure plans.

It's always really busy, even more on a Friday

Carheenlea
01-12-2016, 11:44 AM
It's always really busy, even more on a Friday

My last trip over was at Dunfermline game, when it wasn't too bad. Time before that was chronic, and felt longer than the 40 minutes that was added to a journey North. Friday tea time is always going to be heavy right enough.

Billy Whizz
01-12-2016, 12:03 PM
My last trip over was at Dunfermline game, when it wasn't too bad. Time before that was chronic, and felt longer than the 40 minutes that was added to a journey North. Friday tea time is always going to be heavy right enough.

That was a Saturday lunchtime
Not sure where you're coming from, but if you're heading over it around 5.30/6pm or so, add 30 mins to your journey for safety

Stan the Man
01-12-2016, 12:19 PM
Picked up ticket around 10.00am and we had an shifted over 2,750. Buzzing!

ALF TUPPER
01-12-2016, 12:24 PM
I think we'll win on Friday. They're not as
good as they think they are. Where as .....
we are ! 😁

1875STEVE
01-12-2016, 12:25 PM
I don't see any really difference in quality but might be wrong,

Sorry have to disagree.

McGinn & Fyvie out.

I still don't see any of your midfield getting in our side.

Infact, there's not one of you're starting 11 id take instead of ours.

That's not me having a dig, I just think we have better quality over the whole pitch.

Hermit Crab
01-12-2016, 12:31 PM
Sorry have to disagree.

McGinn & Fyvie out.

That's not me having a dig, I just think we have better quality over the whole pitch.

Andreu for me.

1875STEVE
01-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Andreu for me.

Did nowt at ER.

I rate him, Shinnie on his game looks as good to me.

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Sorry have to disagree.

McGinn & Fyvie out.

Hibslusional :greengrin

You have a decent side but not as decent as that and results a few months in don't really tally with that opinion, regardless of scoreline tomorrow I would still say I agree to disagree

DarrenSQH
01-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Online Tickets seem to be down to single seats. cant buy 2 online together in any section just now.

HibeeDaz6270
01-12-2016, 01:14 PM
I would expect an announcement offering a cash gate either tonight or in the morning.

SaulGoodman
01-12-2016, 02:01 PM
I don't see any really difference in quality but might be wrong, it's a difficult one to call, Hibs have been together for a couple years and have plenty depth so that's the main advantage I see

Hibs unbeaten away, Utd unbeaten at home, Hibs not giving away many goals this season, us tightening up in the last couple months, unpredictable!
Don't tell anyone but I'd take a draw tomorrow

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 02:06 PM
Don't tell anyone but I'd take a draw tomorrow

Thing is with all the hype about tomorrow, we only have four games and a month until the next one at Easter Rd in early January

givescotlandfreedom
01-12-2016, 02:32 PM
I think it's going to be a tough game. A point would be creditable there.

Depends if they want to play tomorrow or hide every man behind the ball and waste time like at ER.

Earlydelivery
01-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Depends if they want to play tomorrow or hide every man behind the ball and waste time like at ER.
Couldn't agree with you more .

Hermit Crab
01-12-2016, 03:06 PM
I would expect an announcement offering a cash gate either tonight or in the morning.

I've said this before, I'm not sure there will be cash gates with apparently only a few hundred tickets left, There would be a risk of a lock out if that was he case. You never know though we might get cash gates and a few hundred extra travelling up for it.

California-Hibs
01-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Hibslusional :greengrin

You have a decent side but not as decent as that and results a few months in don't really tally with that opinion, regardless of scoreline tomorrow I would still say I agree to disagree

We win tomorrow and we're 6 ahead, but with our vastly superior goal difference it's really 7 ahead, a fairly sizeable gap. A 'drawing games' blimp a month ago was coupled with having 3 red cards. Be under no illusion, without us going down to 10 men in those games the gap would most likely be bigger right now.

Without the Hibs glasses on I'm also one of the ones that think we're vastly superior all over the park vs you guys. Also in the manager department too!

murray26
01-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Just phoned the Hibs ticket office and the lassie told me there will be a pay at the gate option tomorrow.. open from 6.45..

Smartie
01-12-2016, 03:33 PM
McKinnon is a master at getting men behind the ball and frustrating teams before having a couple of spells trying to pick them off on the break.

I don't think he'll be allowed to be as pragmatic at home, they'll need to come out and play some football which I think suits us.

I'd back us to beat them at Tannadice before I'd back us to beat them at Easter Road, because of the way that both teams play.

For that reason, I'm not in the "take a point" camp. I'd bite your hand off for 4 points from the 2 games though.

greiang
01-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Just phoned the Hibs ticket office and the lassie told me there will be a pay at the gate option tomorrow.. open from 6.45..

I e-mailed the Dundee Utd ticket office earlier today, and they confirmed that there will definitely be a cash turnstyle open at the West stand for Hibs fans.

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 03:46 PM
We win tomorrow and we're 6 ahead, but with our vastly superior goal difference it's really 7 ahead, a fairly sizeable gap. A 'drawing games' blimp a month ago was coupled with having 3 red cards. Be under no illusion, without us going down to 10 men in those games the gap would most likely be bigger right now.

Without the Hibs glasses on I'm also one of the ones that think we're vastly superior all over the park vs you guys. Also in the manager department too!

I disagree with your second paragraph but it's all about opinions

On the first paragraph, the game you went down to ten and lost from being a goal ahead to Ayr was surprising as you'd won 5/5 at that stage , when we went down to ten at East End Park leading 2-1 with half an hour to play we went onto won 3-1

I do think your good runs so far have come against the "weaker" half of the league so far

I never expected us to be challenging this season given the huge rebuild, we are ahead of schedule as far as I'm concerned, 18 players released, 10 signed (3 right at the end of August a few games in)

McKinnon has done an excellent job so far and can only see us improving, whether we get up automatically/via play-off or not then I'm confident we'll not be down long

northstandhibby
01-12-2016, 03:59 PM
I disagree with your second paragraph but it's all about opinions

On the first paragraph, the game you went down to ten and lost from being a goal ahead to Ayr was surprising as you'd won 5/5 at that stage , when we went down to ten at East End Park leading 2-1 with half an hour to play we went onto won 3-1

I do think your good runs so far have come against the "weaker" half of the league so far

I never expected us to be challenging this season given the huge rebuild, we are ahead of schedule as far as I'm concerned, 18 players released, 10 signed (3 right at the end of August a few games in)

McKinnon has done an excellent job so far and can only see us improving, whether we get up automatically/via play-off or not then I'm confident we'll not be down long

I think you have had a decent wee spell but as we had mainly due to shocking refereeing your club are due a sticky patch and we will rock up to Dundee tomorrow night and take the full points.

Albeit a draw for us would not be a disaster either.

Bring it on.

Pete
01-12-2016, 04:19 PM
On paper this is the hardest game of the season so a draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

It will be for some though (who probably won't even be there) and the "Lennon is useless/accepting mediocrity" mob will be out in force. Guaranteed.

GreenCastle
01-12-2016, 04:26 PM
As above - was at ticket office earlier and woman said there will be some tickets for pay at gate - so assuming for the rest of the west stand.

Should be a good Hibs support travelling and I expect us to make plenty of noise especially as the team will need it and it's a massive 3 points up for grabs.

DH1875
01-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Andreu for me.

Would take Andreu in a heart beat :agree:

Albanian Hibs
01-12-2016, 04:56 PM
I would like to know which of his players he thinks would walk into our team and are more superior than ours? I dont know anyone that plays for them, never mind think they are better than any Hibs player.

Del Boy
01-12-2016, 05:25 PM
I would like to know which of his players he thinks would walk into our team and are more superior than ours? I dont know anyone that plays for them, never mind think they are better than any Hibs player.

Tony Andreu, whilst quiet at game at ER, would definitely get a game for us. Excellent player with a great goals record from midfield.

Brooster
01-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Latest from Hibs.....2800 tickets have been sold for the Hibernian end ahead of Friday's game against Dundee United, with 700 on sale at Tannadice before kick-off.

Albanian Hibs
01-12-2016, 06:33 PM
Tony Andreu, whilst quiet at game at ER, would definitely get a game for us. Excellent player with a great goals record from midfield.

Who would he replace?

Gmack7
01-12-2016, 07:01 PM
Who would he replace?

Stevenson 😁

Mr White
01-12-2016, 07:12 PM
the game you went down to ten and lost from being a goal ahead to Ayr was surprising as you'd won 5/5 at that stage , when we went down to ten at East End Park leading 2-1 with half an hour to play we went onto won 3-1

On the other hand we pumped morton 4 nil and your lot drew 0 0 with them a few weeks back and they papped you out the league cup too. It's a long old season but it's good to be looking down on you. It feels right.

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 07:38 PM
On the other hand we pumped morton 4 nil and your lot drew 0 0 with them a few weeks back and they papped you out the league cup too. It's a long old season but it's good to be looking down on you. It feels right.

Morton are undefeated at home since March, that was very early season they came to easter rd so it's hardly a like for like comparison, we beat them at Tannadice 4 days after the cup game, our defeat at Cappielow was our last at the moment

Brooster
01-12-2016, 07:39 PM
Morton are undefeated at home since March, that was very early season they came to easter rd so it's hardly a like for like comparison, we beat them at Tannadice 4 days after the cup game, our defeat at Cappielow was our last at the moment

Stop boring people.

Mr White
01-12-2016, 07:41 PM

I wasn't making a comparison. My point was that such comparisons are fairly pointless and the only meaningful measure of how clubs match up against each other is the league table, particularly once all 36 rounds of matches have been played.

Incidentally did your red card at east end get rescinded?

California-Hibs
01-12-2016, 08:16 PM
So, apart from Tony Andreu, who seems to have split people's opinions, I've yet to read of ANY other United players names mentioned. So that's us stronger in 10/11 of the starting line up.

Any football fan would look at the two teams and agree Hibs is vastly stronger and have players that have played at a higher level than United and also have Scottish Cup Winners Medals to their name 😉

There's a reason we are in 1st and 3 ahead (and never been trailing to Dundee United from day 1) but I still retain the table flatters them. It should be at least a 7/8 point gap.

Time will tell. Hibs to still come out on top at the end of it all by at least 10.

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 09:18 PM
So, apart from Tony Andreu, who seems to have split people's opinions, I've yet to read of ANY other United players names mentioned. So that's us stronger in 10/11 of the starting line up.

Any football fan would look at the two teams and agree Hibs is vastly stronger and have players that have played at a higher level than United and also have Scottish Cup Winners Medals to their name 😉

There's a reason we are in 1st and 3 ahead (and never been trailing to Dundee United from day 1) but I still retain the table flatters them. It should be at least a 7/8 point gap.

Time will tell. Hibs to still come out on top at the end of it all by at least 10.

You seem to be trying to convince yourself as you certainly haven't convinced me, and the reason is I've not put forward any names as there would be no point

You guys have your green tinted view and I have tangerine tinted, I'd imagine if you asked neutrals who had seen enough of both sides it would not be quite so swayed towards Hibs in starting xi or squad and there would be a blend of some sort

Maybe I'm wrong and Hibs are much better than what I saw at Easter Road and as good as some on here believe , one game isn't enough to judge a team, you need to see a few games, the table at this stage doesn't really reflect the gulf you are talking, four games from the halfway point, that will tell us more

Sir David Gray
01-12-2016, 09:29 PM
You seem to be trying to convince yourself as you certainly haven't convinced me, and the reason is I've not put forward any names as there would be no point

You guys have your green tinted view and I have tangerine tinted, I'd imagine if you asked neutrals who had seen enough of both sides it would not be quite so swayed towards Hibs in starting xi or squad and there would be a blend of some sort

Maybe I'm wrong and Hibs are much better than what I saw at Easter Road and as good as some on here believe , one game isn't enough to judge a team, you need to see a few games, the table at this stage doesn't really reflect the gulf you are talking, four games from the halfway point, that will tell us more

I like to think I am generally fair in my assessment of all things Hibs. On our day this season, I believe we have been a top five Premiership team. Our performance against Queen of the South the other week was outstanding and I don't think many teams in the country would have been able to live with us that day, with the obvious exception of Celtic.

However we can be very average as well, as we saw during our mini slump a couple of months ago when we hardly scored a goal for three or four games. However we can also be very wasteful in front of goal which is an obvious concern.

I wasn't at the Dundee Utd game in October so it wouldn't be fair for me to comment too much on your squad. However I would be surprised if you have a better defensive pairing than Paul Hanlon and Darren McGregor and in John McGinn we have the best player in the league by quite some distance.

Whilst on the subject of McGinn, I am quite concerned that both he and Fraser Fyvie are both missing tomorrow and in McGinn's case, his absence will be for a couple of months.

I believe that should give you guys some hope as there's no doubt that those two are massive players for us in midfield.

I do think we will win the title this year however I don't expect tomorrow night to be a walk in the park.

frazeHFC
01-12-2016, 09:31 PM
They can't be as bad as the last time at Easter Road, and they still nicked a draw. Going to be a tough game but looking forward to it.

resident_Arab
01-12-2016, 09:47 PM
I like to think I am generally fair in my assessment of all things Hibs. On our day this season, I believe we have been a top five Premiership team. Our performance against Queen of the South the other week was outstanding and I don't think many teams in the country would have been able to live with us that day, with the obvious exception of Celtic.

However we can be very average as well, as we saw during our mini slump a couple of months ago when we hardly scored a goal for three or four games. However we can also be very wasteful in front of goal which is an obvious concern.

I wasn't at the Dundee Utd game in October so it wouldn't be fair for me to comment too much on your squad. However I would be surprised if you have a better defensive pairing than Paul Hanlon and Darren McGregor and in John McGinn we have the best player in the league by quite some distance.

Whilst on the subject of McGinn, I am quite concerned that both he and Fraser Fyvie are both missing tomorrow and in McGinn's case, his absence will be for a couple of months.

I believe that should give you guys some hope as there's no doubt that those two are massive players for us in midfield.

I do think we will win the title this year however I don't expect tomorrow night to be a walk in the park.

Seems a fair assessment, Hibs also have the continuity and experience in your favour more than anything else over ourselves

When I look at us, we started the season but didn't have our full team or squad sorted,and the late arrivals didn't get fully upto speed until after easter rd, at the sametime have had bad luck with injuries, that's started to clear up, we have started to gel

We humped Partick at Tannadice earlier on , it was 3 going on 8, I do believe we are much better than we were last season and better than a few Prem sides, I agree Hibs are top 5/6 material on their day, looking at the Prem this season and last, I don't think we are far off that either, certainly wouldn't be in danger of going down with this side now but the proof is in the pudding

I believe we are going to improve over the season, we have been quite wasteful in front of goal ourselves, we really lack striking options (Murray is literally our only striker lol) which is an area Hibs have a few, what we don't lack is talented attacking players (Fraser,Cammy Smith, Andreu, Spittal, van der Velden, Obadeyi) which is why we are up there in the scoring charts despite that

Albanian Hibs
01-12-2016, 10:36 PM

I'd like to hear some names. Or maybe just wait until game is over tomorrow then judge for myself?

Albanian Hibs
01-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Stop boring people.

😂

Pete
02-12-2016, 05:25 AM

If there's one thing you are mate, it's ****ing fantastic value.

I hope you stick around when we put you in your place tonight, or I hope you stick around to take the unjustified and childish abuse should you beat us...but that surely won't happen.

:pray:

P.s. "Arabs" is a stupid nickname anyway. WTF is that all about? You were pretty much known as the terrors by everyone in the ten years you actually had a decent team (the 1980's) so maybe you're better reverting to that.

GreenCastle
02-12-2016, 07:40 AM
Latest from Hibs.....2800 tickets have been sold for the Hibernian end ahead of Friday's game against Dundee United, with 700 on sale at Tannadice before kick-off.

Chances of us selling the 700 pay at the game tickets ?

Moulin Yarns
02-12-2016, 08:03 AM
If there's one thing you are mate, it's ****ing fantastic value.

I hope you stick around when we put you in your place tonight, or I hope you stick around to take the unjustified and childish abuse should you beat us...but that surely won't happen.

:pray:

P.s. "Arabs" is a stupid nickname anyway. WTF is that all about? You were pretty much known as the terrors by everyone in the ten years you actually had a decent team (the 1980's) so maybe you're better reverting to that.

They were called Arabs after their pitch had more sand than Porty beach!

Hermit Crab
02-12-2016, 08:06 AM

Probably​ not but you never know.

RoxburghHibs
02-12-2016, 10:02 AM
They were called Arabs after their pitch had more sand than Porty beach!

Really is that true?!

Ronniekirk
02-12-2016, 10:24 AM

Cant see it with it being on TV and Friday night
But we could take another 200 ,and that would take us over 3 ,000 fans ,which given corcumstances is a grest away support

Canon Hannan
02-12-2016, 10:48 AM
Cant see it with it being on TV and Friday night
But we could take another 200 ,and that would take us over 3 ,000 fans ,which given corcumstances is a grest away support

2 of us paying at the gate.
3000-3500 is a big support.

1-3

PatHead
02-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Really is that true?!

Seemingly in the 1960s. Long frosty spell so they piled sand onto the pitch.

wookie70
02-12-2016, 11:03 AM
Are the Dundee Utd support not the Arabs and the Team the Terrors.

hibeedonald
02-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Very optimistic but any Hibs fans travelling back to Dunblane/Stirling area after? 9.56PM train is going to be tough.

ian cruise
02-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Very optimistic but any Hibs fans travelling back to Dunblane/Stirling area after? 9.56PM train is going to be tough.

Maybe start a separate thread for that one. Every chance someone is but not reading this thread.

matty_f
02-12-2016, 12:01 PM
United were one of the worst teams I've seen at Easter Road this season. They were negative, woeful on the ball, and just downright dull. It's a minor miracle that they left Easter Road with a point, and it certainly wasn't down to some tactical guile by the manager, if we'd won that game by 4 it would have flattered United IMHO.

There was nothing I saw in that game that would have me worried about this evening. The run they've been on since has been surprising, and credit to them for getting back into the title race.

Being without McGinn and Fyvie makes the game more difficult, but we should still have enough to put them away this evening. We have a better manager, better players, and are unquestionably a bigger club. United might get a result tonight, I don't think it'll make any difference to the outcome of the leage though, we will win the league IMHO.

resident_Arab
02-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Are the Dundee Utd support not the Arabs and the Team the Terrors.

Spot on

resident_Arab
02-12-2016, 12:37 PM
There was nothing I saw in that game that would have me worried about this evening.

Likewise, we were poor on the day and understrength but comfortable, gave me confidence as saw that add the toughest fixture in the league, we also had many situations where we wasted good opportunities breaking,there were goals to be had that day

I'd be surprised and disappointed if we weren't better tonight, no result would surprise me either way and the next one is a few weeks away so nothing will be decided

HibbySpurs
02-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Likewise, we were poor on the day and understrength but comfortable, gave me confidence as saw that add the toughest fixture in the league, we also had many situations where we wasted good opportunities breaking,there were goals to be had that day

I'd be surprised and disappointed if we weren't better tonight, no result would surprise me either way and the next one is a few weeks away so nothing will be decided

Comfortable? That's pushing it a bit IMO... Hibs were wasteful in front of goal and dominated the game and didn't play particularly well, all things being equal I think we'll win tonight but not underestimating UTD either. The games stats bear out who was on top I think.

resident_Arab
02-12-2016, 03:38 PM
Comfortable? That's pushing it a bit IMO... Hibs were wasteful in front of goal and dominated the game and didn't play particularly well, all things being equal I think we'll win tonight but not underestimating UTD either. The games stats bear out who was on top I think.

I know Hibs had the better of it but weren't any good themselves on the day and yes our defence were comfortable apart from the goal, I'd be delighted if put keeper had as quiet a game as that

However I'm aware Hibs are dangerous away from home and undefeated

resident_Arab
02-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Anyway enjoy the game everyone, hopefully not the scoreline, should be a good atmosphere from both sets of fans

ronaldo7
02-12-2016, 04:30 PM

Get there early, and claim yer free Hibee santa hat.:aok:

SteveHFC
02-12-2016, 04:34 PM

Nobody better steal mines. :greengrin

PiemanP
02-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Ambassador bar bouncing already :-)

S4uzee
02-12-2016, 04:58 PM

That's class, well done 👏🏼

ronaldo7
02-12-2016, 05:05 PM
That's class, well done 👏🏼

Thank Marathon Bet.:aok:

Canon Hannan
02-12-2016, 05:18 PM
Hibs fans queuing to get in already. Hibs staff with hats onand track suits at the main entrance welcoming people. It's like a home game!

Hibs90
02-12-2016, 05:23 PM

Aye right you enough of that making me jealous here :wink:

Bishop Hibee
02-12-2016, 05:35 PM

Been a while since I was there! Decent grub in the function suite upstairs back in the day. Dundee pub rather than Utd I think.

wookie70
02-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Must be 50 in the queue for a ticket. Hope there's still a good few left

hibbysam
02-12-2016, 06:02 PM

There's that understrengh argument again lol!!

One change to your midfield from that day to tonight, and theee changes overall, and I'd imagine Dixon who is one of those changes was your first choice left back.

I suppose if you keep telling yourself that you'll believe it though.

resident_Arab
02-12-2016, 11:36 PM
There's that understrengh argument again lol!!

One change to your midfield from that day to tonight, and theee changes overall, and I'd imagine Dixon who is one of those changes was your first choice left back.

I suppose if you keep telling yourself that you'll believe it though.

I've done nothing but speak truth and facts, not into lying or making things up, not my style

We had no midfield that day, tonight the only weakness was we had our second strength full backs (Dixon and van der Stroijk injured), which kind of told as Toshney isn't good at right back and gave away the pen

RoxburghHibs
03-12-2016, 06:40 AM
So the "bumper" Dundee Utd support was 7000 odd.....

Albanian Hibs
03-12-2016, 06:58 AM
I've done nothing but speak truth and facts, not into lying or making things up, not my style

We had no midfield that day, tonight the only weakness was we had our second strength full backs (Dixon and van der Stroijk injured), which kind of told as Toshney isn't good at right back and gave away the pen

Just go away. You talk so much pish and I really do not know why you are hanging about here so much. The only reason you have taken 4pts from us is due to us not taken our chances. You are crap and your support was crap too. Great atmosphere?...aye right 😂😂😂