PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's attendance?

RoxburghHibs
20-11-2016, 07:13 AM
I heard the stadium announcer give the attendance as 14000 plus at the match. So it seems odd that the match report has the attendance as just under 13900?

Enough said
20-11-2016, 08:07 AM
I heard the stadium announcer give the attendance as 14000 plus at the match. So it seems odd that the match report has the attendance as just under 13900?

There's more to life than worrying about the difference of 200 at a game.

RoxburghHibs
20-11-2016, 08:11 AM

Yeah so it seems. Pointless replies to posts is the meaning of life..

HH81
20-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Maybe they forgot to take off the free tickets then amended it later or something?

Still a good attendence for a November afternoon.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Probably the coldest I've been at a football match for a long time so fair play to the foot soldiers who turned up.

RoxburghHibs
20-11-2016, 08:34 AM
Maybe they forgot to take off the free tickets then amended it later or something?

Still a good attendence for a November afternoon.

Yeah cracking turnout yet again 👍🏼

Ronniekirk
20-11-2016, 08:47 AM
Probably the coldest I've been at a football match for a long time so fair play to the foot soldiers who turned up.

I went to the St Mirren Dunfermline game 5 15 kick off Was Balltiic and less than 2 000 home fans there
They are in freefall and the new manager hasnt won a lesuge game The Natives were restless
Our Attendances will probably dip as folk feel the pinch towards x mass but all things considered we are a Cllub on the up

staunchhibby
20-11-2016, 08:50 AM
Our attendances have been really good.Hope it gives a bit more to spend in the transfer market.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-11-2016, 09:13 AM

Maybe not if you are in charge of the purse strings at St Johnstone. That was 10% of the crowd.

lapsedhibee
20-11-2016, 09:26 AM

160! :grr: :panic: :grr: :panic: :grr: :panic:

Keith_M
20-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Looking a the highlights, the FF front looked about 1/3 full, yet the tickets for that section were almost completely sold out.

Loads of ST holders obviously didn't fancy the cold weather.

Jones28
20-11-2016, 09:55 AM
Hifhest attendance in Scotland yesterday?

GreenArmyyy!
20-11-2016, 10:26 AM
The rugby would have caused a fair number not to go to our game IMO.

hibbysam
20-11-2016, 10:30 AM

Second highest of the weekend behind Rangers.

emerald green
20-11-2016, 10:36 AM
The directors at every club in Scotland, apart from the club currently playing out of Ibrox and Celtic, would give their right nut for the level of attendances currently being seen at Easter Road.

hibby6270
20-11-2016, 11:04 AM
Difference of around 200 could be the QoS fans? The announcer definitely said total 14,060ish and said 200 away fans (although it didn't look that many of them to tbh).

MB62
20-11-2016, 11:36 AM
Didn't look anywhere near 14,000 to me yesterday. However, I am much more interested in the performance of the team (could and should have been 8 or more) :thumbsup: than what the club say the attendance is. (let the yams concern themselves about those stats)

GGTTH

Speedy
20-11-2016, 11:36 AM
Looking a the highlights, the FF front looked about 1/3 full, yet the tickets for that section were almost completely sold out.

Loads of ST holders obviously didn't fancy the cold weather.

Lots of kids tickets there. It's so cheap for season tickets that even attending 3 or 4 games is good value so you'll always get people not turning up (or bringing the kids).

Onceinawhile
20-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Lots of kids tickets there. It's so cheap for season tickets that even attending 3 or 4 games is good value so you'll always get people not turning up (or bringing the kids).

Indeed I've got one adult and two child season tickets there. My middle child only makes 3 or 4 games a season, but it saves me £23 to get him a season ticket.

The other two seats are occupied 9 times out of 10.

NAE NOOKIE
20-11-2016, 04:23 PM
The rugby would have caused a fair number not to go to our game IMO.

This Scotland Rugby always clashing with Hibs home games is a pain in the bum in all honesty ... it no doubt has an affect on our crowds, if it is a deliberate scheduling policy we would be better playing at home the same weekend as Hearts but on the Sunday. Better that than lose fans to the bloody egg chasing.

Eyrie
20-11-2016, 07:16 PM
This Scotland Rugby always clashing with Hibs home games is a pain in the bum in all honesty ... it no doubt has an affect on our crowds, if it is a deliberate scheduling policy we would be better playing at home the same weekend as Hearts but on the Sunday. Better that than lose fans to the bloody egg chasing.

Might be simpler to move our home game to the Sunday (3pm of course).

Sir David Gray
20-11-2016, 07:22 PM

Sevco were the highest.

Billy Whizz
20-11-2016, 07:23 PM

All 3 Scotland home 6 nations rugby games at murrayfield next Feb/March, are on the same day that we are at home in the League.
Scotland v Ireland and Wales are 2.25pm ko's, and Scotland v Italy is a 12.30 KO
Traffic is a nightmare coming from West Edinburgh

Nakedmanoncrack
20-11-2016, 07:36 PM

I don't believe rugby has any significant impact on our crowds - there would be no justification in inconveniencing the rest of us by moving games to facilitate a few people who may wish to watch another sport rather than Hibs.

Andy74
20-11-2016, 09:44 PM
I don't believe rugby has any significant impact on our crowds - there would be no justification in inconveniencing the rest of us by moving games to facilitate a few people who may wish to watch another sport rather than Hibs.

Correct.

tamig
20-11-2016, 09:54 PM

Agreed. Possibly only affects a few hundred folk at most.

The Godfather
20-11-2016, 10:02 PM

100% this, two years ago I travelled up to Edinburgh for the Scotland vs Ireland game with 6 lads from Manchester. They all then came to the Rangers game with me the day before I think or day after (we lost but they loved Easter Road). They are coming back up this time for the Ireland game again and are gutted Hibs are playing away from home as they loved making a weekend of it. I think we can work with Scotland rugby games if we have the game on separate days but on the same weekend.

Phil MaGlass
23-11-2016, 09:55 PM
I think its a great turnout, also I think one of the reasons the crowds have been up is due to the Persevere tour. It must be getting fans interested again and new fans also.

BoomtownHibees
23-11-2016, 10:01 PM
100% this, two years ago I travelled up to Edinburgh for the Scotland vs Ireland game with 6 lads from Manchester. They all then came to the Rangers game with me the day before I think or day after (we lost but they loved Easter Road). They are coming back up this time for the Ireland game again and are gutted Hibs are playing away from home as they loved making a weekend of it. I think we can work with Scotland rugby games if we have the game on separate days but on the same weekend.

Hibs are at home to Ayr the same day as Scotland play Ireland

IberianHibernian
23-11-2016, 11:07 PM
I don't believe rugby has any significant impact on our crowds - there would be no justification in inconveniencing the rest of us by moving games to facilitate a few people who may wish to watch another sport rather than Hibs.Don`t think it`s just a question of Hibs fans going to rugby instead of ER . Is it not that more people have to work in shops , pubs and hotels ( and maybe police , security , transport , ... ) at weekends when there`s rugby at Murrayfield ? Ideally we wouldn`t be at home the weekends of Murrayfield matches ( fixtures this season suggest we are at home so Tynecastle doesn`t clash with nearby rugby ) since it`s not just about the people who might go to rugby instead of ER . Trying to attract visiting rugby fans to ER for a match has been one of many ideas to boost our crowds and international presence for many years . We played Swansea in a Friday night friendly ( no league match , must have been out of cup ) before Wales played at Murrayfield in the late 70s or early 80s and did get some Welsh fans at the match .

monktonharp
23-11-2016, 11:35 PM
Agreed. Possibly only affects a few hundred folk at most.a few hundred folk, is a good few hundred quid, and more. some who actually follow both sports, or have an eye for the bigger picture have pointed out that it "effects" our turnout in a certain degree, so I am on that side. if people from Manchester want to see Rugger, and Hibernian on the same weekend, why not?

monktonharp
23-11-2016, 11:44 PM
All 3 Scotland home 6 nations rugby games at murrayfield next Feb/March, are on the same day that we are at home in the League.
Scotland v Ireland and Wales are 2.25pm ko's, and Scotland v Italy is a 12.30 KO
Traffic is a nightmare coming from West Edinburghpain in the Erse, if honest. along with several hundred possible local fans going to the Rugby, and also definitely stopping any visitors (rugby based) going to ER, it will also persuade a good few not to bother going as they can stay in the pub and watch a "National" game whether it's just with mates or having banter with the Irish, Welsh or Italians that cant get a ticket for Rugger.

Phil MaGlass
24-11-2016, 12:43 PM
Im booking up for the Scotland v Ireland game with a couple of other guys, will be missing Hibs v Ayr game, big shame. But yi cannae huv everything, wisnae long ago we were aw complainin aboot no enough games bein played oan a saturday 3pm.

JimBHibees
24-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Im booking up for the Scotland v Ireland game with a couple of other guys, will be missing Hibs v Ayr game, big shame. But yi cannae huv everything, wisnae long ago we were aw complainin aboot no enough games bein played oan a saturday 3pm.

Agree totally about 3pm kick offs however seems a bit odd that of 3 games all are coinciding with Hibs home games and not Hearts ones or a mix of the 2.

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Agree totally about 3pm kick offs however seems a bit odd that of 3 games all are coinciding with Hibs home games and not Hearts ones or a mix of the 2.

for as long as i can remember scotland rugby games at murrayfield have saw hibs at home, there's maybe been the odd game at murrayfield on the sunday but the majority have been same day as hibs at home :dunno: i can't remember a game at murrayfield at the same time/day as a game at tynecastle

KeithTheHibby
24-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Traffic is a nightmare coming from West Edinburgh

Well pissed off with hearing about this. In total that will be 5 rugby matches this season that have clashed with Hibs home games. How many games have the **** been inconvenienced by? Exactly.

I am hoping Hibs have made some kind of complaint about this.

JimBHibees
24-11-2016, 01:39 PM
for as long as i can remember scotland rugby games at murrayfield have saw hibs at home, there's maybe been the odd game at murrayfield on the sunday but the majority have been same day as hibs at home :dunno: i can't remember a game at murrayfield at the same time/day as a game at tynecastle

I suppose the proximity is the issue and no doubt old bill will have a say. I think there might have been different kick off times in the past.

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2016, 02:27 PM
I suppose the proximity is the issue and no doubt old bill will have a say. I think there might have been different kick off times in the past.

yes i've a feeling there has been, might have been hearts in a 12:30 ko and rugby ko at 5pm

beensaidbefore
24-11-2016, 05:26 PM

There has been. I used to work close to both stadia and have definitely had Scotland and hearts fans in on the same day. Both having played at home. I think you are right though that. The kick off are staggered.

son of haggart
24-11-2016, 08:18 PM
There has been. I used to work close to both stadia and have definitely had Scotland and hearts fans in on the same day. Both having played at home. I think you are right though that. The kick off are staggered.

Scotland used to kick off at 2pm in the old 4 nations days back in the 70s and a fair number of fans would pile into tynecastle at half time. Can't remember when that stopped but I would guess early 80s, probably on police/ traffic issues

tamig
24-11-2016, 08:53 PM
a few hundred folk, is a good few hundred quid, and more. some who actually follow both sports, or have an eye for the bigger picture have pointed out that it "effects" our turnout in a certain degree, so I am on that side. if people from Manchester want to see Rugger, and Hibernian on the same weekend, why not?

I get what you're saying but I don't think there's any evidence suggesting our games clashing with rugby matches affects the club significantly. If it did, I'm sure they'd do something about it. The benefit of a hunless and hertzless league for a lot of folk this season is 3pm Saturday starts. Not sure how that view fits in with some of the stuff on this thread. I used to play rugby and loved it. But I would never attend Murrayfield unless it was to see a decent band. Just my opinion like.

And what's with the "effects"? Affects is the correct word I used.